Chapter 5
4.2k 9 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: SteelzCloud

The class was led to a wide open plain area behind the school. Reaching there, the teacher set up a barrier to prevent accidents.

"You guys practice the water spell first, I'll teach α the basics about spell circles."

After making sure that everyone was training, the teacher turned to α.

"Let's begin with the circuit that goes inside the spells. In order to use any magic, you have to understand the principle behind it and after that, you will apply it into symb. . ."- the teacher suddenly paused.

"[Water]"- α

Magic symbols started to gather in a circle at an extremely fast pace and after another second a water sphere as big as a van was already floating above α's hand.

"Have you perhaps learned this spell somewhere else before?" 

"No, I just copied what they are doing."- α had a happy smile due to being successful on the first try.

The teacher inspected his face to check whether he was lying or not and soon reached a conclusion.

A genius comparable, no, superior to the heroes' son has appeared! Even he took ten minutes to master this spell, but α did it perfectly just from observing others!

"Seeing that you learn quickly, I'll show you all the other magic spells I taught them during the first few weeks."

α spent the rest of the day mastering other spells and playing with his classmates, of course, they took a lunch break in between, and soon the loud chime rang again.

Some students went home in a more discreet way while others had limousines and bodyguards to escort them.

"See you tomorrow."- Arthur waved his hands as he accompanied a young looking man away.

"See you."- α

His father looks like he is in his twenties, is there some sort of magic or technology to extend one’s lifespan?

α's thoughts were interrupted by Elizabeth's arrival.

"α-kun! I missed you so much!"- Elizabeth darted straight out of a [Gate].

α's vision was suddenly blocked by a pair of soft mounds.

"Nee-chan, you're hugging me way too tight."- α's face came out from between her breasts.

"Oh, sorry, sorry. It has been too long since I last saw you"- Elizabeth

"But it has just been a few hours."- α

"But it felt like an eternity to me. Let's go home now."- Elizabeth

Without further delay, Elizabeth opened another [Gate] and took α inside.

"Nee-chan, when will we start our advanced classes?"- α asked eagerly.

"Very soon, just give me a little bit of time to change my clothes."- Elizabeth

After changing to more comfortable attire, Elizabeth took α to the backyard of the house where they practiced some defensive and offensive spells.

Time went flying and one year went by. In this one year, α adapted to his new life in the school and showed mastery over all fields of education, be it math, magic or music, his performance was top notch in all fields. 

This rendered him the title of (Il Virtuoso), something given only to those who achieved accomplishments in every branch.

"α-kun, I already taught you almost everything I know. So today, I will impart my last magic spell to you."- Elizabeth 

"Okay, I'm ready."- α looked at Elizabeth with expectation.

"This spell is called [Dark Night Falls], it acts as a buff for you, but it also debuffs your enemies. It's easier to show you than to explain."- Elizabeth

"[Dark Night Falls]"- Elizabeth

Huge magic circles with complex circuits began to form above them. In an instant, the orange sky was covered by it and darkness enveloped the entire forest.

"Where are you, nee-chan?"- α 

With the world suddenly going dark and the sounds disappearing, α started groping around trying to find Elizabeth, while she evaded him to mess around a little bit.

He looks so cute right now, trying to find me. Time to take a picture.

While Elizabeth was busy with her phone, α was planning to take another action.

"Hmm, change of plans, I think I will just eat it."- α stood in place and opened his mouth.

An enormous suction force began to consume all the darkness around them and in a matter of seconds, he could see the beautiful sunset once again.

"Eh? α-kun did you just eat my spell?"- a shocked Elizabeth asked.

"Yes. I couldn't find you so I resorted to this."- α gave her an innocent look.

"Okay, I guess?"- Elizabeth decided to ignore it despite finding it weird nonetheless. - "Now it's your turn."

"Okay, here I go, [Dark Night Falls]."- α

Even though α used the same spell as Elizabeth, the potency of his spell was on a whole another level, with the darkness coming out from it spreading out to the rest of the world.

With the sudden darkness enveloping the planet, many aerial accidents started occurring all around the globe. This caught the attention of some, especially powerful individuals.

_______________________________________

"This spell should belong to Elizabeth, but why is the magic energy so different from hers?"- a blonde girl with a messy long hair started thinking while lying on her bed.

_______________________________________

"What a powerful magic energy! It's completely different from Elizabeth's."- a short haired girl put down the book in her hands.

_______________________________________

"Damnit, I missed my shot. Why the hell is someone else using Elizabeth's magic spell?"- a black haired girl with a ponytail held a bow in one hand while the other was on the string.

_______________________________________

The mansion of the second generation heroes had a dome of light covering it, preventing the darkness from reaching inside.

"Dear, could this magic energy belong to one of the first generation heroes?"- a blonde girl asked her husband.

"It belongs to my friend α."- Arthur answered before his father could even open his mouth.

"That child?!"- the answer surprised both of Arthur's parents and his sibling. 

_______________________________________

In another location, the darkness surrounded a castle but was unable to enter it due to a barrier.

"Daddy, what's happening outside?"- a small girl with shining grey hair, light purple skin, and a small pair of horns asked her father.

"Probably someone is practicing some global scale magic spell."- demon king Vastrun was sitting on the sofa watching anime together with his daughter.

_______________________________________

In the forest.

I feel my body becoming lighter, so this is the buff nee-chan was talking about.

α discovered that not only he alone could see in the dark but his speed was increased too.

This is so cool! Ugh.

The darkness throughout the planet started to dissipate and weakness took over α's body, making him drop on the ground.

"α-kun, are you okay!?"- a panicked Elizabeth came running.

"I'm just feeling weak and tired. Don't worry, nee-chan."- α

"Your mana pool is empty!"- Elizabeth had her hand on his tummy. - "Let's go home now."

Elizabeth opened a [Gate] and rushed inside while carrying α on her back.

_______________________________________

A few minutes later after their departure, an eye opened on the sky.

The magic energy I felt came from this forest but there isn't anyone here.

The eye scanned the surroundings once again but it still couldn't find anything, so it gave up and disappeared.

_______________________________________

Nine years went by and this phenomenon was already forgotten by most people. 

After finishing the tenth grade on Millennium School, everyone in α's class was directly recommended to Arcadia Academy as Millennium School didn't teach beyond elementary school.

Elizabeth was put in a dilemma, on one hand, she wanted to provide α the best education possible, on the other hand, she didn't want him to interact with girls.

I guess I have no choice.

96