Chapter 12
3.1k 4 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey Arthur, wanna go all out?"- α

"No, you have some spells that could fuck me up right away and besides that, you also have the ability to absorb my spells. My only choice would be physical attacks."- Arthur

"I'll give you one UR limited edition event-only item in Mugen Fantasy."- α

"Ah yes, the negotiator. Okay, for the sake of the item, I'll accept your challenge."- Arthur

"Alice, would you mind going outside of the barrier? Things will get a little crazy in here."- α 

~nod nod

After confirming that she was outside, they distanced 100 meters from each other.

"Ready?"- α

"When you are."- Arthur

"[Lightning Strike]"- α

Spell circles appeared one after another above Arthur and soon lightning came pouring down like raindrops.

"What the hell!? You're already starting so fiercely!"- Arthur

Arthur darted towards α with a sword in hand, avoiding the lightning strikes that were aimed at him on the way.

"Let me add another element to make things more fun, [Water Dragon]."- α cast another spell as he moved backwards.

Another mana circuit formed in front of α. From within it, an enormously long dragon of water emerged.

"Hey! That's my spell."- Arthur

"Ours."- α

The elemental dragon went straight for Arthur, but instead of hitting him, it coiled and exploded, splashing water everywhere.

"[Flame Wall]"- a fiery pillar of flames rose from the ground in front of Arthur, the contact between the water and the fire released steam that blocked α's vision.

"Tch. [Tornado]"- α

A column of air gathered and in the blink of an eye, it was already rotating past 100 kilometers per hour. The steam that was just created got wiped away instantly and with it gone, Arthur could be seen once again.

"[Wind Slash]"- Arthur

With a vertical slash, a giant wind projectile cut the tornado in half but as soon as it got close to α, it was absorbed.

"[Gravity Field 100x]"- α

A spell circle covered the entirety of the ground inside the barrier. Arthur who was trying to close the distance between them suddenly got pressed to the ground.

"Agh! [Divine Light Dome]"- Arthur

The incessant lightning strikes repeatedly struck down against Arthur's defense, creating cracks on it.

"You can choose to forfeit now, Arthur."- α

"After all these years, you think that I wouldn't have learned any new skill? I haven't used my trump card yet."- Arthur 

"Oh? Show me what you got, then."- α

"You better not regret it later."- Arthur

Taking a deep breath, Arthur got up with difficulty and took out his personal sword, a gift from his father, made with the best metal from the cultivators' world.

"[Infinite Swords Domain]"- Arthur

A huge energy wave sent out by the use of this skill cleared the field of all the spells α had cast, giving room for Arthur to finally relax a little.

"Now comes the main event."- Arthur

Copies of the sword Arthur held in his hand materialized one after another. There were swords floating around and swords stuck in the ground, the whole area inside the barrier was covered up in swords.

"Interesting."- α squinted his eyes after seeing himself surrounded by so many blades.

"Looks like the tables have turned."- Arthur had a very satisfied expression on his face. After years of being used as a punching bag, he could finally get his revenge, or so he thought.

"Don't celebrate too early."- a small grin formed on the corner of α's mouth.

"Humph."- Arthur

With a thought, all the swords shot in α's direction.

"[Eternal Blizzard]"- α 

The swords all froze and fell to the hard ground as soon as they entered the area around α.

"Looks like I'll have to get more serious. [Perfect Mirror]"- α

Complex mana circuits joined together to form four rectangular mirrors that surrounded α. Each one of them was reflecting an image of him, but the best part was that each reflection stepped outside of their respective mirrors.

"What the fuck!?"- Arthur

If one is already so powerful, then five would be too much even for my sister and I combined. 

"Let's continue, shall we?"- α

Each clone of his started casting the same buffs the original was using on themselves.

"Now it's 1v5, how unfair. Let's finish this in one strike."- Arthur

The sword in his hand started to glow, resonating with the other swords and attracting them over, rapidly entering Arthur's body until none were left.

In the meantime, α's clones were spreading out to surround him.

"Activate."- Arthur

A beam of light began to emerge from the sword, its length was expanding at such an astonishing rate that it only stopped after surpassing the radius of the area inside the barrier.

 Whoosh!

One of the clones that were heading towards his back was instantly cut in half. 

If not for the barrier, the number of casualties that swing alone would have provoked would be enough to fill the nearest hospital.

What power!

"Congratulations Arthur, you managed to force me to use one of my strongest attacks."- α

The three clones and the original raised their index finger and from its tip, a small beam of green light was shot out.

Shit!

Arthur's mind was filled with an overwhelming sense of danger from those four small beams that congealed on the extension of his sword.

It started as a small sphere, but it gradually enlarged faster and faster until it shattered the barrier and finally exploded.

_______________________________________

Elizabeth was in her office doing some paperwork when she heard a loud explosion and the ground suddenly started shaking.

"What is happening?! Wait, this magical energy belongs to α-kun."- Elizabeth

Turning on her computer, she accessed a security camera that gave a view of the training grounds.

"He's okay."- Elizabeth let out a relieved sigh. - "Ugh, but he ended up creating such a big hole in the middle of the training grounds. The repair will take a bit of my time."

_______________________________________

"You still okay, Arthur?"- α slid down the slope created from his attack.

"I thought I was going to die."- Arthur was covering his head with his hands in a fetal position inside a hole he dug in order to avoid the explosion.

"What's important is that I won."- α said with a big smile.

Alice jumped inside the crater and began to circle around α.

"Don't worry Alice, I'm not injured anywhere."- α

"I'm never going all out against you again."- Arthur

89