Chapter 17
2.6k 14 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Steelz didn't edit this chapter since he was lazy so it may be of a lower quality.

The classes went by one by one. The subjects boarded by the teachers weren't hard to understand at all for Alpha so it was smooth sailing. He had even gotten used to Alice frequently stealing glances at him.

Before long, lunch break arrived with the loud ring of an alarm.

"Want a sandwich?"- Alpha offered to Arthur and Alice, who grabbed it while thanking him.

Alice sat in between his legs munching happily at his handmade food.

"It's a little hard to eat with you sitting like this, Alice."- he said in a helpless tone, hoping that she would give him some space.

"Here."- she moved her head to the side and took the sandwich from his hand to feed him herself.

"She's starting to act like your girlfriend. I mean, considering that you even kissed her, that wouldn't be so far from the truth."- Arthur commented on his sister's actions.

"That's a different story, I was forced by the situation. Moreover, I already have someone I like."- that was quite a shocking piece of news to them to hear. Arthur stopped eating and looked at Alice's reaction.

"Already have someone you like . . ."- these words struck like a thunderbolt on Alice's ears. She felt her chest tightening and needles pricking at her heart, it was painful to hear him saying that out loud and knowing it wasn't her. 

"Being friends is good enough."- Alpha dealt another fatal blow to Alice's already weakened heart.

"You're being too direct, mate. At this rate, you'll go down the nice boat ending."- Arthur spoke with worry because Alice's countenace wasn't looking good.

All that happiness from earlier was gone in an instant and now her head was hung down casting a shadow over the eyes so no one could tell what she was thinking at the moment. 

"I just need to replace that witch. Killing her would be ideal but I'm not strong enough yet and Alpha would end up hating me so I need to steal him first, but drugs doesn't seem to have any effect on him. Maybe I should just make his body mine and then proceed to the heart . . . no, no, I can't force myself on him, I want our feelings to be mutual."- Alice murmured rapidly under her breath in a way that not even Alpha, who was closest to her, was not able to hear anything.

"Polygamy is common here so why not go for a harem?"- Alpha looked at Arthur like he was a deranged fool. - "What? Don't give me that look, I'm only giving a suggestion."

"If they don't try to kill each other at every opportunity, then, maybe. Harem is the safest but also the most dangerous route to take when talking about yanderes."- the idea of making a harem had already crossed his mind once, it was appealing but considering everyone's disposition towards himself, it was quickly discarded.

"Hmm. True, it will probably become a battle royale with you as the final prize."- Arthur was concerned about the chances of his sister perishing if a fight really broke out. He knew that Alpha had a guardian who was possessive over him and he also knew she was not one to be trifled with, after all, someone who was able to monopolize his friend for so many years couldn't be weak.

"I dont want to remain as your friend, I want to be your wife."- after muttering these words, Alice raised her head to look at him with empty eyes.

"Eep."- Alpha let out a small yelp and leaned against the back of his chair on instinct.

"Did you get scared?"- she tilted her head to the side and gave him a creepy smile.

"N-no, you just surprised me."- Alpha was having a hard time looking directly at Alice's face, especially because of her eyes, which frightened him even more than Elizabeth's yandere switch on.

"Uh oh. Good luck, mate. Take good care of my sis."- inside Arthur's brain, his danger senses were tingling like crazy. As so, he wisely chose to retreat and let Alpha handle the ticking bomb that was his sister.

"You're such an unreliable bastard."- Alpha in turn, couldn't help but curse him out loud. At this point, Alice was hugging him and rubbing their cheeks together.

"I love you ."- she whispered in his ear causing him to flinch. Before he could say anything, Alice placed her index finger on his lips. - "Even though it's not me your loved one, I just have to steal your heart."

Eh? Is this still the same person as the one moments ago?

Alice resumed eating like nothing happened. 

"Did I just witness a miracle? You actually evaded the nice boat ending."- Arthur rubbed his eyes to check if what he was seeing was indeed the truth.

"You are exaggerating there. Although she gets overly possessive and jealous easily, she wouldn't go as far as killing me, at most, abduction and confinement. Isn't that right, Alice?"- Alpha rubbed her head and said confidently.

"Maybe."- not wanting to lie and the embarassment of getting seen right through made her give an answer neither confirming nor denying it.

"You're lucky for having no stabby girls, or to be more precise, their stabbing target just isn't you, but the competition."- Alice nodded at Arthur's words, seemingly agreeing with him.

"Why do you wear so much clothes even during this hot day?"- Alice apparently didn't like all those pieces covering his body, what she wanted was to see more of his bare skin.

"He wears that all year round. Winter, summer, spring and fall; no matter the season, he is always using that black jacket and black pants. The only thing he switches is his shirt."- after listening to Arthur, Alice glanced at Alpha strangely.

"Neither heat nor cold affects me and choosing what to wear is a pain."- he simply shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal.

"You still sweat, right?"- Alice asked with a trace of hope left.

After shaking his head, Alpha saw her face shifting into one of disappointment and dejection.

What the hell would you do if I actually sweated?

At this moment, the bell rang and the class started heading towards the training ground.

"Aura didn't come during this break."- his face showed slight concern for her. After this morning's event, the image of her putting up a strong front and leaving the classroom was deeply imprinted into his mind.

"Oww."- his left cheek was suddenly pinched by Alice.

"Don't think of that wench."- there was a dangerous glint in her eyes threatening him. Even though Alpha didn't know what Alice would do to him, it surely wouldn't be anything good.

"Maybe she's just really busy because she took time to visit you earlier."- Alpha slowly nodded at Arthur's words.

Makes sense.

Alice was closely monitoring his face so he didn't dare make any other attempt to continue the conversation.

Even when they reached their destination, Alice simply ignored the teacher's explanation to stare at Alpha.

"Err. I think you should pay attention to class, Alice."- she was really close to his face, to a degree that bothered him. 

"I already learned that with mom."- no matter how many times she observed his face, she just couldn't get enough of it. His albino skin, white hair, white eyebrows, white eyelashes and gemlike eyes gave off such a pure and innocent feeling that made her want to bite and protect him.

I wonder how did he look when was younger? Probably adorable enough to turn any woman into a shotacon.

While Alice was daydreaming, people had begun practicing a wind spell on target dummies. The only exceptions being Alpha and Arthur who were testing some other fun magic.

"You see, I was playing a game that had a very powerful weapon and I decided to bring that weapon's bullet to real life. That's how I created this fun little spell."- Alpha explained as enormous amounts of mana gathered and materialized a giant green magic circle above their heads.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."- Arthur had to squint his eyes because it was noon and the sky was clear of any clouds so it hurt to look directly at the sun.

A green plasma sphere was shot from the spell, Arthur had a small suspicion about what it was but the next moment confirmed it. 

Many beams of fluorescent green plasma were discharged from the main sphere aiming at all the unused dummies. Everything was carbonized in an instant while the sphere continued on its path until it hit the barrier surrounding the training grounds, provoking enormous ripples akin to throwing a big rock in a calm lake on its surface.

The class and the teacher watched the display with dumbfounded expressions.

"Looks oddly familiar."

"What a freaking monster he is."

"Alice and Arthur are the aces of our class while Alpha is our trump card, we have high chances of winning the annual academic festival."

Everyone burst into commotion, even the bookworm teacher was scribbling something on a small notebook.

"I understood that reference."- Arthur shot one back at him.

"I understood that reference. And by the way, what is this annual academic festival they are talking about?"- Alpha asked Arthur but it was Alice who answered.

"An event in which all years compete in many games on this first day, with the winner gaining . . . honor and glory. On the second day, it's expositions of advancement in magic and technology and things to entertain people. At the end of the same day there will be a presentation."- she pushed Arthur aside to be the only one standing beside Alpha.

"Oh. That will be fun. Decimating our seniors sounds very appealing."- he was already looking forward to an event that would only happen on the second semester. Living together with Elizabeth for so long made going out to have fun quite difficult, so it was no wonder he was excited by this rare chance.

"You don't go out very often, do you?"- Alpha nodded at her question.

That witch sure is mean, not that I wouldn't do the same though.

"Let's go to my home later then."- Alice proposed with eagerness visible in her azure eyes.

But when she saw the hesitation in his eyes, her mood dampened faster than an ice cube melting in the middle of the desert.

"Sorry, I have something to do after school."- he chose his words carefully, paying attention to the changes in her expression.

"You are going to see that bitch, aren't you?"- Alice closed in on his face almost touching the tip of their noses. He could feel her hot breath entering his own mouth.

Her eyes lost the glimmer it normally had, leaving only empty hollowness in its place.

Alpha took a step back involuntarily but Alice also took a step forward, not only maintaining the same distance but actually shortening it.

Not this again.

"I don't know who you are referring to."- he wasn't able to look at her eyes straight, partially because they were scary and partially because he wasn't used to lying.

"Don't feign ignorance. I know you want to see that demon slut."- Alice spat out the accusation directly at his face.

"What's wrong with that? It's not like you are responsible for my life or anything."- the moment he started sulking while puffing his cheek was when Alice lost the battle.

"Ugh. Forget it, I'll just go with you."- in the end, she could not resist his pouty face and gave in.

He is too damn cute.

"Lioness tamer."- Arthur made sure not to let his sister hear what he just said.

"You don't really need to accompany me, you know?"- Alpha was worried about more conflicts arising between Aura and Alice.

"I must go with you, I need to protect you from the demon girl."- he had no way to win against Alice's insistence so he could only sigh in defeat.

I just hope it won't go badly.

Announcement
Busy with school so not much time to write.
65