Chapter 20
2.5k 8 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreading by Steelz.

"Damn, Arthur. Did you pass the whole night swinging the fishing rod?!"- the moment he saw his best friend, these words escaped his mouth due to the bags under his eyes and his overall worn out appearance.

"Hell no. I was grinding in many different games."- he could hear the exhaustion in Arthur's voice. Knowing his friend well, Alpha still had an inkling that what he told was only half true.

"Suuure. Anyway, you don't look so worn down, Alice."- he turned his attention to the tomboy, who ,since the moment he sat down, had been pulling on the sleeve of his jacket.

"I slept early to dream about you."- and for some reason, she blushed right after saying those words, though it vanished swiftly.

Alpha saw her red face and grew a little suspicious, the only times he saw her embarrassed was when she imagined or did some indecent thing involving him.

"Did that slut do anything to you yesterday?"- changing the subject, Alice's question made all the memories of the stuff that happened between Aura and him to resurface. 

Being caught off-guard, he went silent for a few seconds. When Alice saw his expression changing, the answer presented itself naturally to her. 

"How dare she? I'll fucking kill her."- her low chilling grumble made his scalps go numb with fright. And to make matters worse, Aura chose right this instant to appear.

Shit. I'll have to act.

"Hey there."- Aura was immediately greeted with wind blades casted by Alice but those were absorbed by Alpha before they could damage the academy properties.

Alice shot towards Aura, who assumed a battle stance. He had no time to waste and rushed in between the two girls that were about to clash with force.

By creating a sword made of ice, he managed to fend off Alice's downward sword strike but was still pushed backwards, almost falling over if not for Aura's timely support.

"Are you okay?"- she was hugging his waist whilst staring daggers at Alice.

"Yeah, I'm fine."- he looked at the guilt-ridden girl standing there unsure of what to do. - "It was consensual, so no need to get all worked up, Alice."

"B-but. . ."- no words came out from her mouth even if she wanted to. The guilt of having attacked Alpha weighted heavily on her mind, even if he was the one who got in the way.

"Just forget about it. Here, have some pats."- Alice's expression gradually brightened under the cozy feeling of his rubbing.

"Alpha, did that girl reach out to you?"- he thought back to the letter he received a while ago and shook his head.

"Nothing yet."- who knew what they would do if he showed them the letter. The possible scenarios were either the girls went hunting down the new rival or not letting him go anywhere during lunch break.

"Hmm. You aren't lying to me, are you?"- her silver eyes were filled with suspicion. Aura, who knew her childhood friend best, didn't believe she would keep her hands to herself, especially after she saw Alpha.

"I'm not."- he tried as hard as he could to make a straight face despite feeling nervous inside.

Alice had also began looking at him suspiciously after listening to their conversation. 

"Are you hiding something from me?"- her finger poked his cheek softly. 

"Why would I?"- he made his way back to his seat leaving the two dubious girls standing.

Alice tilted her head but simply decided to brush the matter aside, she could always follow him in case he went somewhere. Aura on the other hand approached him and began sniffing his body.

"Err. . . what are you doing?"- he was somewhat disconcerted when she went from his face to his arm and then to grabbing his hand and taking a deep whiff of it.

"Weird. There's no scent of her on you."- he watched Aura frowning while her ears twitched in uncertainty.

"I already told you she didn't."- his fingers began rubbing her ears with interest. Last time he only had the opportunity to touch them briefly but now he had a new chance to sate his curiosity and considering all the things Aura had done to him, this was just light retribution.

Her serious face crumbled into a obscene one in a matter of seconds and all it took was some rubbing of his part.

"Ahh♡ Not there♡."- Aura was exherting a lot of effort to suppress her moans while also trying to contain the pleasure and excitement from showing on her facial expression.

It felt like electric currents were traveling through her body whenever his fingertips moved along her organ of hearing, especially when they passed over the tips, where it was most sensitive.

While she jolted and melted in pleasure, her legs had begun to shake visibly giving the impression that they would give out at any moment and some glossy transparent liquid was also running down her leg.

Is this an erogenous zone for all the demon race or only Aura? Wait, this is not the time to be researching stuff! Alice is still here!

With the corner of his eye, he peeked at the eerie glow that was forming in Alice's eyes as well as the dangerous atmosphere around her and got shivers from it.

Quickly withdrawing his hands, a weak Aura collapsed on top of him still gasping for air. 

"Sorry, Aura. I got too carried away."- feeling like he had done something wrong, his voice came out in a flustered manner. He extended his hand to help Aura get up but she refused to budge even an inch.

"Haa♡ Haa♡ Haa♡. . . Darling♡. . . We should only do these things in private but I wouldn't mind doing it here if it's you♡."- her lovely voice entered his ears enticing him to finish what he started as her hands wrapped around his waist and her head tried to kiss his mouth with a fanatical glint in the eyes.

She . . . She's more of a pervert than I thought. And why did she start calling me darling?!

"Get off him right now, you harlot!"- Alice's furious voice echoed loudly in the classroom. 3 blades were floating in midair aiming at Aura's neck but she didn't even pay it a glance, either because she was too engrossed in him or because she knew Alpha would protect her.

At the exact moment the blades stabbed down, a dark transparent layer of mana covered in shining white dots guarded her back. 

"Why are you protecting her, Alpha?!"- when he heard the anger and pain in her voice like that of a wife finding her husband cheating and shielding the homewrecker, he became slightly disconcerted.

Weird. We aren't even dating so how come I'm feeling like a scumbag?

"Because she is a friend."- it was a little troublesome to put Aura on the chair without having her clinging onto him but thanks to her still being in a muddle-headed state, he was able to do it. Keeping the barrier in place, he stepped outside of it to stand face-to-face with Alice.

Alice looked at Alpha who looked at her with an expressionless face, her fury from moments before was nowhere to be seen and now all this tense silence was keeping her on edge. Alice didn't dare raise even a finger against him but she was also afraid of what he would do.

"Come here, Alice. I'll pamper you."- when she heard his words inviting her to his arms, she was momentarily taken aback.

"Eh?"- she was unsure wether to accept it or not. His smiling face didn't seem to hide anything under it but there still was a fear that he might be upset at her.

"Aren't you jealous of Aura? So, come here."- not resisting the temptation of his open arms, Alice trotted over to him and let herself be cuddled.

Is this how nee feels whenever she spoils me? It sure is interesting.

"Mmm."- the evident satisfaction on her face when he began rubbing her head reminded him of a cat.

She looks so happy right now it's kind of cute.

"Darling, what are you doing with that washboard?"- having appeased one tigress, the other one was angered. Aura seemed to have sobered up already and was now whispering in his ear while massaging his shoulders.

Give me a break. At this rate it'll be a never ending cycle. And why did she start calling me darling?

Alice shot her a hateful glare but aside from that, she remained in his arms to keep getting petted.

"Dividing my attention amongst you two and making sure neither of you will do anything crazy."- Alice looked at him with innocent eyes. - "Especially you, Alice."

"But I haven't done anything wrong."- she felt wronged by his accusation when everything she had done was in order to protect him.

"You can't randomly attack girls under the pretext of defending me."- he lightly hit her head with the flat side of his hand. He knew very well that she would be more than happy to actually go for the kill if it meant removing eyesores that got too close to himself but he had no idea on how to change this aspect of her.

Aura watched Alice whimper as she was reprimanded and unconsciously put more strenght into her grip. 

"Aura, your hands!"- thanks to his jacket, it wasn't as painful as it would be if it was his bare skin but it still hurt nonetheless.

"Ah! Sorry, darling! The sight of you playing with washboard made me angry."- she swiftly removed her hands in panic and started casting a healing spell on his shoulders. It was unecessary but her guilt didn't allow her to settle with only a simple apology. 

"You should die for hurting him."- having antecipated Alice's reaction, he softly ran his finger down her spine.

Wait, she isn't wearing a bra? Guess there is no need to when your breasts are small.

Thinking back to it, from the times she hugged him, he couldn't feel any sort of extra layer of fabric under her shirt. Maybe it was due to her chest being insufficiently large for him to actually feel their softness that he never noticed this. 

"Hyah!"- he didn't know if it would work but it seemed to have succeeded in stopping her from going wild when he heard her surprised voice.

"Hmm. So this is your weak spot."- he traced his finger across her back a few more times just to make sure she wouldn't be going violent.

"Ahh~♡."- Alice's body shuddered as she let out a sweet moan. Raising her head, contrary to Aura, her face was pretty embarrassed but amidst the embarrassment was also joy and pleasure.

"Don't cause trouble here lest you want to alarm my big sis."- he warned Alice while pinching both of her cheeks causing her to whine.

Seeing that Alpha wasn't going to carry on any further and was planning to return to his seat a second time, Alice showed an face of disappointment and reluctance before pulling the hem of his shirt.

"It's not fair if you only satisfy that bitch."- she gave him the most pitiful look she could muster hoping that would work. 

He tilted his head at her adorable expression that clearly contrasted with the harsh words she always used to refer to Aura.

"Hunf. Don't listen to her nonsense, darling. The only one you should please is me."- Aura whispered in his ear as she wrapped her black tentacles around his waist and began pulling him backwards.

"Remove your disgusting things from Alpha."- wasting no time, Alice grabbed the shadows and began pouring her mana in them.

"Ugh! That was painful, you little piece of trash!"- Aura said through gnashed teeth as she retracted her tentacles and a dark layer of mana enveloped her body, clearly indicating she entered battle mode.

"Sip. Bloody hell."- with a warm bottle of cappuccino on hand, Arthur had the opportunity to behold everything from up close and couldn't help letting out a remark about the current state of affairs.

Instead of helping a friend in need, he's enjoying the show, what a bastard. 

"If you guys are going to turn this class into a battlefield, then I'll go and stay in nee's office instead."- after saying those words, he turned towards the door not waiting to see their reaction.

He couldn't wait to stay somewhere with peace and silence but before he could take even half a step forward, he was immobilized by both Aura and Alice. 

They knew very well that if he were to really go, Elizabeth would easily discern the scents on Alpha's body and although she wouldn't kill the two of them, what worried them the most was the possibility of never being able to see him again.

"Don't go, please."- Alice hugged his front and was staring at him with sad puppy eyes. To make matters worse, her supplicant tone was really hard to refuse.

"Darling. Stay with me here and don't go anywhere, okay?"- the dark layer of mana was gone and with her hands tightly grasping his shoulders, Aura tried to sound calm but she was ultimately unable to hide the anxiety in her voice.

"Will you two behave?"- to his question, Alice nodded earnestly while Aura pursed her lips before agreeing with reluctance.

"Then it's all good."- he gestured for Alice to release him, after which, he finally got to return to his seat hoping that he didn't need to get up again.

64