Update on Next Story
734 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I promised an update in March on the time-loop story I’m currently working on so here it is.

Firstly, you’ve likely noticed the name change. That was simply because Cogs is a username I’m far more comfortable with than Coconut, which was a username I adopted hours before first posting RFTD.

Now, onto the story progress itself. The short of it is that the new story is not ready yet, but it shall be within 5 months. That’s the extreme end of the timescale, and I intend to release the story sooner but I don’t know how much sooner. Either way, it will definitely be public in 5 months, likely somewhat earlier.

As for the long of the progress update, my new ETA is mostly down to two points. The first is that I haven’t had as much time to work on the story in the last 3 months as I would have liked. It’s been a hectic period, and I haven’t been the most disciplined during it either, overall translating to fewer hours spent on the story than initially anticipated.

The second is that I made the decision midway through to spend longer on the planning phase. As with RFTD, I will write the upcoming story to competition (unless something extreme happens to me) and that means about a year of writing on this single story. For something I’m going to be working on for so long, I believe any extra time and effort spent on the planning phase will pay off brilliantly in the writing process itself. Of course, that’s just a hypothesis but one that I am quite confident in.

And that’s about it for the update. In all, I am working on the next work, it will be better than RFTD, and it will come out at most 5 months later, likely sooner. I advise anyone interested in it to simply forget about it for the next few months (while adding RFTD to your Reading List or Following my account) as then you can be pleasantly surprised when it does come out.

I hope this update was helpful. Until next time :)

6