Chapter 3
5k 13 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once he was back to the clan compounds Naruto went straight to the kitchen, after making sure nobody else was around. He knew that none of them would notice him but it didn't hurt to be careful, that's one of the top rules among shinobi after all. You can never be to careful. Naruto heard the laughing of his " mother ", " father ", and little sisters, likely they were all training together. Minato using a clone of course, he was still the Hokage and no matter how much he wanted to spoil his children his duties take precedence. 

While he was making himself a sandwich Naruto started conversing with Kurama. 

' So do you think you could help teach me, at least in using my new Demon Fox traits? '

" Yeah I got you, can't have some amateur running my name, title, and species through the ground. Truthfully the only thing you'll need help with is chakra control and using your genjutsu, using your tails as sort of chakra batteries will be a completely natural process. The reason you'll need help with chakra control is not only because of your already freakishly large chakra capacity, but also the fact that the Demon Fox trait will condense your chakra considerably making your chakra particularly hard to control. "

' So what happens when chakra is condensed? I mean I figure that'll give me more chakra to use, but I can't think of much else it will do. '

" There won't be a bunch of super obvious benefits, as you said you'll get more chakra, your jutsus will be stronger and longer lasting including ninjutsu, genjutsu, healing ninjutsu, even fuinjutsu will have improvements. Another benefit will be your body adapting and getting stronger and you'll even unlock a sort of bloodline that is often associated with the Uzuzmaki clans, chakra constructs. With condensed enough chakra you'll be able to create physical constructs out of it, usually the Uzumaki's use chakra chains but you will be able to do swords, staffs, fans, even paintings. I'd tell you more but I want you to figure it all out for yourself. "

By that time Naruto was walking up the stairs with three sandwiches in his hand, they were made with deer meat and lettuce with a bit of some fancy cheese, they were absolutely loaded and a single one could feed a normal person. Suddenly-.

" Hey Naruto! "

Naruto kept walking as though he hadn't heard anything, he did that because he was truly unused to being called for inside the clan compound. 

" Naruto! "

Finally Naruto turned around with a look of pure confusion on his face. He turned to find Kushina, Mana, and Mito all standing in the kitchen looking at him, the Minato clone had probably dispelled. Mana and Mito were sweaty and breathing hard while Kushina was also breathing a bit heavily. 

" Umm, yeah? "

One should realize that Naruto was truly surprised to be addressed by his family. 

" I haven't seen you for a few days where've you been? "

But, despite his surprise Naruto quickly regained himself and answered. 

" Out. "

" Well the girls and I were about to go out to eat you wanna join us. "

" No, I'm going to my room. "

With that he walked up the stairs at a faster pace than before, clearly he was feeling awkward with the conversation. 

Kushina and her daughters watched who they thought of as a family member walk up the stairs, they were obviously confused. Kushina suddenly spoke. 

" Do you guys know what that was about? "

" No idea, I don't understand him. Not really my fault though, we just don't talk. "

" I'm the same as Mito, I haven't talked to Naruto in so long that I couldn't even remember his voice. "

" . . . "

Hearing her daughters Kushina gained a worried look on her face and in her eyes. 

' Maybe Minato and I should start trying to involve Naruto with the family more. I really miss my little ball of sunshine, it was always so cute when he crawled on me to wake me up in the morning. '

" Well, we can talk to him later, for now . . . WHO WANTS RAMEN‽ "

"" ME/ I DO! "

" Hehe, then let's go. "

After that, all three girls left, putting the matter with Naruto in the back of their minds.

Meanwhile with Naruto. 

' Okay, that was weird. '

" Yeah, I could feel the awkwardness in here, hell I bet Diantha could feel it all the way in her forest. "

' I can't even remember the last time I actually talked with them. '

At that moment Naruto entered his room. 

" ' Whistles ' Nice place, I didn't expect your room to be so fancy. With a bit of practice and I'd say you could start fortifying your room big time, little tip for when you start using more seals in the future; find a symbol or shape to mask your seals otherwise it'll be extremely easy to identify and deconstruct your seals. The designs you have going on here could hide hundreds, thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands if you get good enough. "

' Thanks for the tip, but I already know. Even though I'm not super advanced in seals yet I have already read up to the master level books. I know quite a bit of theory all I need is experience and practice, with my new Dexterous Monkey trait that'll hopefully come quickly and easily. By the way haven't you gone through my memories, you should have already known what my room looked like. '

" I've not gone through all of your memories yet, it'll take a few more hours. So far I have given priority to your training and other key moments in your life. I must say by the way that you have impressed me considerably by the fact that you were able to train yourself to such a high level at such a young age. Don't get me wrong I have seen many-a-talents in my life, but you are easily one of the top. "

" Thanks for the compliment Kurama, it's nice to have somebody compliment me, especially a beautiful ancient being such as yourself. "

" A. Never, and I mean neevvveeeerrrrr call me ancient again or I will fuck with you constantly, and I mean biologically. I will make you randomly get pee in the middle of public or I will grow a bunch of warts and zits all over your face, you don't want to know what else I'll do. "

Naruto didn't respond but he did shiver internally from a random bone freezing chill. 

" And B. You have no idea what I look like and I'm a fox so I doubt I am beautiful by your standards. "

" I expected more confidence from a powerful being such as yourself. And I would like to be able to see you, Diantha said you're in my mental space, so does that mean I'll be able to visit you? "

" Indeed it does, you'll be able to visit by meditation or when you go to sleep. Before then I'll tell you some benefits of using your mental space. As it is your mental space you'll be able to control it almost at will with some practice meaning speed up or slow down time. Slowing down the time will allow you to spend days in there while only minutes pass outside, inside of your mental space you'll be able to practice a variety of skills. Genjutsu, fuinjutsu, ninjutsu, and jutsu creation, you'll also be able to strengthen your mental defense making it harder to be affected by genjutsus, you can strengthen your mental defense by manipulating your mental space. I'm sure you realize the benefits of using your mental space. "

" Who couldn't see them when speak them out so obviously. It sucks I'll have no way of strengthening my body while in there. "

" Human greed, it never ceases to surprise me. "

" I know that wasn't a compliment, but to be able to surprise one as ol-. " 

Naruto was going to say old, but an " accidental " cough from Kurama jolted him.

" Experienced, to be able to surprise a wise and experienced being such as you is quite flattering. "

" It was sarcasm, and I know your double meaning and I will warn you that that will work only so many times. "

Naruto averted his gaze from where he had been staring as though she was actually in the room staring at him. 

Naruto had to admit that despite the tense atmosphere it was probably some of the most fun he had ever had in his life, how pitiful.


Later that night Naruto was finally going to sleep. After he had the conversation about his mental space with Kurama Naruto had practiced controlling his genjutsu and chakra control for most of the day. It was during his chakra control practice that Naruto had a new discovery about his chakra, it was purple. You see, before Naruto got the Beast God Authority his chakra had been a deep blue, according to the books he had read the color of chakra is usually based off of how condensed it is with few other factors affecting it. Most people have a light blue chakra that can match the mid day sky. Apparently most full grown Uzumaki had a deep dark blue for the color of their chakra while only the most powerful or talented could get it to become purple. So for Naruto to have been a dark blue at only age 3 ( the age he and his sisters unlocked their chakra ) was truly surprising and meant he was one of the most talented Uzumaki in history. For his chakra to have become a light shade of purple with him only being 5 years old meant that Naruto was beyond a genius, he was basically a God, though technically that was true.

But, he got over all of that excitement within minutes, he got right back to practicing his chakra control. When he finally laid down he became excited for an entirely other reason. He was going to get to meet Kurama. Despite having only known her for a day she said she liked him and she had the trust of Diantha, so Naruto knew that she wouldn't betray him. The fact that she was sealed inside of him also meant that she would always be with him meaning he would never again be alone, at least not truly alone. 

It was thanks to that that Naruto spent about 40 minutes trying longer than usual to get to sleep. Usually it would take Naruto around thirty minutes to actually get to sleep. It took him so long because he couldn't calm his mind enough for him to sleep, usually his body was more than ready for sleep. Eventually though Naruto was able to get to sleep. And instead of the usual quick dreamless sleep that felt more like a blink than actual sleep; Naruto wound up in a dank, dark, sewer. 

' Is this my mental space? '

" Yeah, great isn't it, I've spent five years literally caged up in here. Anyway just follow the path and you'll reach me soon. Once you're here I will tell you how to make your mental space better. "

" Alright I'll be there soon. "

Naruto followed Kurama's instructions and followed the path, he walked alongside a big group of pipes. The pipes looked like they were a dark brown ceramic, a material used in the early days of Konoha's existence. It was eventually traded out for metal pipes, why the pipes in his mental space were made of ceramic Naruto didn't know. The pipes were covered in a light purple glow letting Naruto make a connection between the pipes and his chakra. 

" Are these pipes my chakra pathways? "

" No, to be honest the pipes don't really have any use, they are just part of your mental space's design. "

" Oh, alright. "

Naruto was kind of put off by the simple and straight laced response. He had hoped there would be some mysterious or mystical reason for why he had pipes of chakra in his mental space. 

Like that Naruto eventually came upon a massive cage after probably twenty minutes of walking. 

" I thought you and Diantha said that Minato didn't use a strong holding seal on you? "

" He didn't, but I am still the legendary Kyuubi, Nine Tailed Bringer of Destruction. You can never be to safe when it comes to me, especially with sealing. Though your idiot of a father didn't seem to factor in the fact that my soul can gather chakra. "

" A. I have never heard of you being referred to as the Nine Tailed Bringer of Destruction. B. Why didn't he keep that in mind? "

" It's a title, only some people know of it, not my fault you're uninformed. "

Naruto giggled slightly at Kurama's cute and slightly child like action. 

" Anyway, that bastard can't really be blamed. Not all souls gather chakra like mine, not that the study of souls is common making that mostly unknown knowledge. The reason my soul gathers chakra is simply because of how I was birthed. You see many years ago there was a hateful and powerful wandering God. " ( I'm sure anybody reading this knows of how the Sage of Six Paths defeated, sealed, and then separated the Juubi. I don't feel like putting it into story telling form so if you want to know it look it up. )

" Woah! So your dad is THE, Sage of Six Paths? "

" I guess you could say that. "

" That's so awesome. . . So, are you going to reveal yourself? "

During the entirety of Naruto and Kurama's conversation Kurama had hidden herself in the depths of her cage where Naruto could see nothing except a giant silhouette. Naruto hadn't brought it up because he figured that she was slightly nervous about revealing herself. After all there is a difference between telling someone you're a giant monster of destruction and showing them. Even though such innocent actions would usually not be associated with a near Goddess like Kurama it wasn't something impossible. 

" ' Sigh ' I suppose I should since you made the trip here. "

With that the silhouette got up causing a previously nonexistent breeze to pick up. After that it slowly lumbered into the light and then plopped back down once in view. 

Kurama was of course a fox, she had the beautiful, soft fur usually associated with foxes. She had an angular face with what would be a cute button nose if she wasn't so absurdly massive. But if one asked Naruto what his favorite part of her was he would quickly and confidently say, her tails. Kurama, like her species, the Demon Fox, had extremely long tail that were easily twice as long as the rest of her body was. Kurama's were clearly well taken care of as was evident by the soft shiny fur that was beautiful even by the rest of her standards. Naruto's favorite part however was the constant sway of her tails that seemed to be a subconscious action on Kurama's part. 

 " Welp, my words still stand, you are very beautiful Kurama. "

" Hehe . . . Thank you Naruto, it really means a lot to hear you say that. But I must say, aren't you a little young to be chatting up girls? Especially giant Demon Foxes. "

" One is never to young to tell a beautiful girl she is beautiful. The fact that you're a demon or fox is a complete non factor, beautiful girls are beautiful. "

" Once again, a bit young boy-o. Besides, where did you hear that? "

" I read one of those Icha Icha books written by my God Father. I had previously thought they were purely smut, but they were full of decent dialogue, great plot, interesting ideas, and unique opinions on various worldly matters. To be honest the worst part of the book was the sex scenes, not because they were badly written, but because they were vanilla and very boring. "

" Never thought I would hear a 5 years old's opinion on smut be that it was to vanilla. Hell I never thought I would hear a 5 years old's opinion on smut. "

" The public library has an entire section dedicated to sex, sex techniques, benefits of sex, etc. I have read dozens of novels as well as books on sexual techniques. They are surprisingly interesting as they can give insights into the human biology and psychology. "

" Don't give me that, I know you just like about butt and boobs. "

" . . . It's a benefit. "


Naruto and Kurama discussed for hours, thanks to Kurama's manipulations only an hour passed outside for every two inside. Many might wonder why they would need so much time, but in order for Naruto to learn how to manipulate his mental space it took him him nearly twenty hours. But it was all worth it in end.

" I must say you are one of the most talented humans I have ever known of. "

Kurama was giving such thick praise was because Naruto had transformed his previously dank and dark sewer of a mind into a world of fantasy and imagination. He first created a city based off of one he had read about in a story book. The city was situated at the very summit of a mountain. From anywhere in the city you could see a few for thousands of miles of an ancient massive forest. The forest was full of mythical creatures that would occasionally visit the city. The city despite being full of various types of building only had two that would be used often. One was a library of every memory Naruto had and quite a few of Kurama's. Kurama had allowed Naruto a bit of access into her memories. The second building frequently used was the house Naruto had made for him and Kurama. Naruto's portion of the house was a basic homely shed like house with a living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. Kurama's simply a massive cave that led to the bottom of the mountain into the forest. The cave had a pool for the nine tailed fox to soak and relax in, a massive massage table that had a golem to give her massages, there was also a bedroom that Kurama had designed herself, of course there were plenty of other rooms, upwards of a dozen. Naruto's and Kurama's favorite room was one that had a large platform where Naruto could brush Kurama's tails. 

Many think that that would be degrading or too intimate for Kurama, but it was simply a luxury that she happily embraced. It was neither here nor there in the way of being intimate or degrading. 

" So when do you think Diantha will be done with the seal? "

" Sometime today most likely. "

" Alright, then after that we can really start on my training. We should spend today getting the seal and planning out everything I'll need for my formal training. I already know of a specific jutsu that will massively increase my training efficiency. The Shadow Clone Jutsu, it will be able to practice everything I can practice in the mental space while I train my body. I don't know if you know it, basically a Shadow Clone returns all of it's memories to me when it dispels. "

" Thinking about it, you'll be extremely efficient with your training. I mean your body is basically optimal for intense training. With the addition of the Shadow Clone Jutsu you'll be strong in no time. "

" Why did that sound so innocent? "

" I don't know. "

" Hm. "

 

 

 

 


Bam, abrupt ending. I was having trouble deciding whether I wanted to write out the process of Naruto doing all of that or not. I think next chapter I will just do a 2 year time skip to when Naruto starts in the academy. I will warn you guys now that the Uchiha coup and Hinata Hyuga being kidnapped will be only lightly mentioned so if you want to know more about those look them up. I imagine by now that just about anybody reading my novel will know of such important plot points, I know it's lazy, but is what it is. 

35