Chapter 4
5.1k 15 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It'd been about two years since Naruto had met Diantha and Kurama that Naruto could be found waking up once again in his " parent's " house. The reason Naruto no longer considers it his home is because he had moved out scant months after he got the Beast God Authority. He would only occasionally sleep there to make sure he doesn't draw suspicion to himself. 

( Flashback jutsu )

" Naruto, are you sure you want to move to the forest with me? I mean I get that you hate that house and generally dislike the family there, but it is still free food and civilization. I know that you are ignored, but there are still people, kids like you need civilization to function properly. It wouldn't be good for your psyche. "

" I'm sure Diantha, and I have lived in civilization for five years, you remember I almost killed myself. . . As long as I have you and Kurama with me I'll be fine. "

Diantha sighed lightly, clearly not happy about the situation. It wasn't that she didn't want to live with Naruto she just didn't think it was healthy for a young boy to live in the forest.

" Diantha, it's not like I'm going to be a hermit, keep in mind I'll be going back to the village at least once a week to make sure nobody gets suspicious. "

" What will you do about shelter and food? "

" Diantha I can easily build a house fancy enough for a Daimyo with my Dexterous Monkey trait, it would only take me a week at most. And for food all I have to do is hunt. "

" Fine, but whenever you enter or exit the village you have to use a genjutsu. "

" Why? "

" So that if anybody sees you they don't get suspicious about a five year old going into the supposed Forest of Death. "

" Good idea. "

( Flash back end )

Apart from that there had been a few other big events in Naruto's last two years. For one he had learned the Shadow Clone Jutsu. 

Flash Back

" So how are you going to get the Shadow Clone jutsu? "

" Well there are two places that I know of that have the jutsu. One is Minato and Kushina's jutsu library, unfortunately the jutsu library is sealed with so many seals that I would have to be a master at fuijutsu just to have a chance of getting in. "

" So that's a no go. What else you got? "

" Apparently the Forbidden Scroll of the Hokage also has it. Supposedly the scroll is in the Hokage office and isn't covered by thousands of seals. It should be a lot easier to steal. "

" Then you'll need to start amping up your stealth. I know you can already avoid Anbu while in the village, but they aren't specifically looking for you, they are looking for enemies, mainly unfamiliar adults. In the Hokage Tower they will be a lot more focused on locating anybody and they aren't likely to overlook you even if you are the Hokage's son. Unfortunately it would take to long for your genjutsu to get to a level that can fool them. "

" ' Sigh ' You're right. Let's get to it then. "

After that Naruto spent a few months training almost purely in stealth. Thanks to his beyond human dexterity Naruto was able to pick up new techniques for stealth extremely quickly. At the end of it all Naruto was able to sneak around in the Hokage Tower during mid day, the busiest time of day in the tower. Naturally though Naruto wasn't stupid enough to do so often. 

" Alright, my stealth is good enough now, so I am going to raid the tower a 1 a.m. tonight. I'll go in when the Anbu switch shifts. "

Naruto was able to gain such information by snooping in Minato's office one day when he was testing his stealth. 

" Good luck young man. "

" Thanks Kurama, but I don't need luck I need skill, luckily I have skill. "

" Tsk tsk Naruto, arrogance can and will get you killed, especially when your are thieving from one of the most powerful ninja alive. "

" I know. "

( I am trying to speed along the flashbacks. I know this will upset some of you, but literally all Naruto does is sneak in to the tower and steal the scroll. I know some of you are going to ask why he didn't copy the scroll down, keep in mind Naruto records everything he remembers into a book format. That means he can reread the scroll whenever he wants. He can't use most of the Kinjutsu in the scroll though. Once again sorry for not writing a more detailed story, but I'm trying to be quick. )

Naruto had also rescued a young Hyuga girl from being captured. 

Naruto was walking back to his house in the forest after an extremely intense day working out in the forest. He had just entered into section 9 when he saw a tall hunched back figure. 

Naruto thought it was some mutated chakra beast so he followed it. 

Naruto instantly fixed his previously relaxed body posture into a more tense and reactionary stance. One that will allow him to react to anything instantly. He also started walking in a way to evenly apply pressure to his feet making his steps more stealthy. 

Naruto followed the figure all the way to the edge of the forest which was a mile or two outside of the village. By then Naruto had recognized the figure to be a human, specifically a ninja from Kumo. Naruto recognized the ninja as one of the diplomats from Kumo who had arrived in Konoha that week. Naruto recognized him from the party that Minato had thrown to celebrate Kumo and Konoha becoming allies. Every important clan person had attended to the party, including Naruto, the forgotten son. 

Naruto had realized that it was suspicious for the diplomat to to be sneaking out of the village. So Naruto snuck up behind the diplomat and punched him as hard as could while inserting lightning chakra into his brain. A quick, clean, and efficient way to knock someone out without killing them. 

Naruto knew that that was a bit extreme, but nobody saw him attack the man including the diplomat himself. At most the man could say he was attacked while just outside of the village meaning nothing could be used to actually attack or pressure the village. If anything Minato could even turn the situation around and pressure Kumo. 

Once he made sure the man was knocked out Naruto opened the sac that the man had been hanging onto which was what made Naruto think he was a hunchback creature. 

Inside the sac was a young girl, she was curled up with her hands over her head and her face between her knees. Naruto recognized the hair style as belonging to one Hinata Hyuga, the heiress to the Hyuga clan. He had seen her at a few parties before.

' Poor girl. '

" ' Sigh ' Welp I guess I should carry her back to the village. " 

With that Naruto picked the girl up and put her over his shoulder. It was a less stealthy way of moving, but it functioned well enough. 

After that Naruto quickly started moving through the forest. He left the diplomat untied because he would be out for at least an hour with the amount of lightning chakra he put into the man. 

It took only ten minutes or so for Naruto to get the girl back to the village and it only took that long because he was unused to the extra weight and his balance was thrown off. What the young boy didn't know was that Hinata had woken up after three or four minutes, she pretended to stay asleep though.

Once Naruto got to the edge of the forest he sat the girl down flat on her back. He didn't say anything, instead he ran off. Before he was completely gone though Hinata opened her eyes wide enough to see his backside as he left. Specifically she noticed his long bleach blond hair that hung to the middle of his back. She had one last thought before she passed out from nerves.

' Thank you. '

The last big thing to personally happen to Naruto was that he got his first Summoning Contract of three. He got it from Kurama who had contact with the Fox Summoning clan. She was actually a great friend of the leader of the clan who was also a nine tailed demon fox, but a natural one. 

The last big thing to happen during his two years was that the Uchiha clan tried to throw a coup d'etat. Luckily though everything was settled with as little death as possible. Minato had sent in anbu along with Itachi Uchiha and Shisui Uchiha to capture all of the Uchiha. All of them were mind searched by Inoichi Yamanaka. Any of them who didn't know about the coup were spared, those who supported it were killed. 

Flashbacks end

Naruto thought about the last two years and he gained a massive grin on his face. Though it was soon covered up by a wooden mask. The mask had been made by Naruto who was practicing his crafting talent he had gained from the Dexterous Monkey. The mask was an extremely detailed tribal mask that looked like fire rose from the bottom of it.It had a slight protrusion for the nose and two slits for the eyes. Apart from that it didn't look like anything special. However it was covered in hundreds of seals that had a variety of functions. Most of them were reinforcement seals to prevent the mask from breaking, some of them were self repair seals so that when the mask broke it repaired itself, some were chakra gathering seals that absorbed chakra to make those seals function, and one of them was a genjutsu that made the flames on the mask look like they flicker and move. 

If one were to look at Naruto they would see that he had grown in height considerable, hovering around 5 feet tall. He was wearing a long, regal yet simple robe that was a mixture of brown and oranges. He of course was wearing his mask. The hair on his head was drawn into an extremely tight ponytail with zero strands sticking up on the top of his head, the tail however was wild and spiky, looking like a zigzagoon. ( Look it up, it's a pokemon. Naruto's hair doesn't look exactly like it his hair is just spiky in a way similar to its body.) Behind his his head one could also see two long red ribbons hanging down to about his mid-back. These ribbons belonged to a single ribbon that Naruto had wrapped around his eyes. 

Many might wonder why Naruto would handicap himself with blindness, the answer would be, training. A year or so after Naruto met Diantha and Kurama he discovered he was a sensor ninja. From then on he blinded himself with the ribbon training his other senses and his sensor skills. 

" So are you looking forward to starting the ninja academy today? "

" Not at all. "

" Why not, it'll be good for you spending time with humans your own age. "

" Oh most joyous of joys I get to spend five years with a bunch of immature children while wasting my training time! "

" Oh stop being so sarcastic, if it's really that bad I'll allow you to send a Shadow Clone instead. No matter what though I want you to attend at least twice a week. "

" Thank you. And you know I'll have to attend at least three times a week because that's how often the academy does taijutsu practice. "

" Oh yeah. Hehe I forgot. "

" How can a Goddess be so forgetful? "

" Well after I stopped having to watch over your ass I started tapping into my true nature. "

" So you've always been a cute ditzy girl? "

" Aww you think I'm cute. "

" Of course Diantha. "

Naruto didn't know it but Diantha who was at her rock in section 1 oh the forest was grinning. Over the two years Naruto had opened up quite a bit in the romance area. Originally he wouldn't say anything beyond " I love you " or " You're cute ". Over the years though he started complimenting Diantha a lot more. Only Diantha though, Naruto still kept a regular friendship with Kurama nothing more. Though Diantha had been trying to set them up together. 

After Naruto finished making sure his clothes were straight and clean he left his room. 

The hallway surrounding his room had degraded even further over the years. No longer do the lights flicker, they were just always off now, the faint had chipped even more and the floor boards had cracked and popped up.  But, Naruto had long matured, no longer did he get upset by any slights or neglects. He no longer cared, and it was all thanks to Diantha and Kyuubi. 

At the top of the stairs was a banner like Minato and Kushina set up for every important event. The banner read.

[ Congratulation Mana and Mito for your first day in the Ninja Academy! ]

Naruto didn't even give the banner a second glance. Instead he headed down the stairs and straight towards the kitchen. He had woken up early, 4:30 A.M., he wanted to be able to eat and leave before his celebrating family got up and ready. 

Unfortunately Minato, Kushina, Tsunade, and Jiraiya were already in the kitchen talking. Before Naruto could pull out of the kitchen Kushina yelled out. 

" Naruto! "

Naruto sighed and walked back into the kitchen. He went in and sat down at the table, he sat near the corner closest to the door, furthest from Jiraiya, Minato, and Tsunade who were all looking at him; likely they were waiting for him to speak. In the end Jiraiya broke the silence. 

" So, what's with the mask, was it a gift? "

" No. "

" Oh. . . "

All of the adults were taken aback by Naruto's quite voice. He had the audio tone of a ninja, but the high pitched voice of a child. The two were a chilling combination. This time Kushina who was cooking decided to speak up. 

" So are you looking forward to your first day in the academy? "

" No. "

" Why uhh, why not. "

" I'm just not. "

" Why the cold attitude kid? I'm sure you're hurting your mother's feelings. "

" I do not understand Senju-sama, I am acting how I always act. "

" What do you mean Senju-sama? "

" Once again I do not understand. "

" She means why are you acting so polite Naruto. "

Finally Minato decided to speak, likely because he felt an impending argument. 

" I am giving Senju-sama the respect she deserves as the leader of the Senju clan Hokage-sama. "

If everybody had been surprised at Naruto calling Tsunade " Senju-sama " then they were appalled that he called his own father by his title. 

" Naruto, I am your father why are you calling me by my title‽ "

" I'm sorry sir, but I thought I had been disowned, I am no longer allowed to refer to you as father, Hokage-sama. "

No longer could Kushina focus on cooking, she ran up to right beside Naruto.

" N-Naruto, why would you think you were disowned‽ That's absurd! "

" I'm sorry Uzumaki-sama, but according to village law when a child is named clan heir over the oldest born that oldest born is disowned. When Uzumaki-sama and Hokage-sama named Mito-san and Mana-san as clan heirs to the Uzumaki and Namikaze clans I was effectively disowned. "

When he finished talking there were different reactions on the faces of all of the adults. Minato was trying to think up all the clan laws to try and see if Naruto was correct or not. Kushina had tears in her eyes, Tsunade was glaring at Naruto likely for making Kushina tear up, and Jiraiya was completely shell shocked at not only Naruto's attitude but the past actions of Minato and Kushina.

" Now do you think that's anyway to talk to your parents? They might of messed up but that is no reason to make your mother cry. "

Naruto looked right at Tsunade before speaking. 

" I'm sorry if I offended you Senju-sama, Uzumaki-sama please excuse my actions. "

Kushina started crying harder and tried hugging Naruto, but he got up from his chair before she could grab him. 

" May I be excused Hokage-sama? "

" Umm, uhh, yeah sure. "

" Thank you Hokage-sama. "

With that Naruto walked out of the kitchen and house with calm even steps. 

Inside the kitchen after Naruto left Kushina was full on balling her eyes out while holding on to the chair Naruto had been sat out. Minato walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders lightly. Tsunade who had been glaring at the door spoke out. 

" What the fuck was that‽ "

" That was a ninja. "

" He's a seven year old brat playing ninja. "

" You know that isn't true Tsunade, seven year old brats can't keep their voice even without any fluctuations when being stared down by 4 S-class ninja. He clearly has some skill and likely quite a bit of resentment, at what I don't know, but few kids can watch their mother cry like that. " 

Tsunade nodded at her teammate's words. She was once again glaring, but at nothing in particular. Jiraiya looked at his student. 

" Minato, why is he so angry with you two. For him to have not only disowned himself from you, but to even address you by your titles as though none of you have any connection. You two must have done something. "

" I . . . I don't know I can't think of anything we've done to him. . . I can't think of anything to do with Naruto. "

" What do you mean? "

" I literally can't think of anything about him. I don't know his favorite food, favorite color, I don't know his friends, hell I can't even remember the last time we ate together. "

Not only Jiraiya, but even Tsunade was surprised and slightly angry at Minato's words. 

" What do you mean you don't remember the last time you ate together? How can you not remember eating with a brat like that? Kushina what about you? "

" N-No 'Hic' I can't remember. "

Tsunade shook her head at the woman she considered a daughter. Tsunade felt bad that Kushina was crying, but she neglected her child, something that no Uzumaki should do. Tsunade would of killed to have had a son. 

" How could you two have been so negligent‽ "

Before Minato or Kushina could reply Jiraiya did. 

" Tsunade, I know you are angry, but right now Kushina and Minato need to relax. We can all talk about this later, for now we all need to settle down for Mana and Mito. After they get back from school we can all sit down and talk about it. "

" You're right . . . But you be assured we are talking about this later. "

Minato and Kushina just nodded their heads. 

Naruto was walking down the street to the ninja academy, he figured that since he couldn't eat he might as well get there early and wait. Not like he has much better to do.

" That was really dumb you know. You could of handled that situation a lot better. "

" I know . . . I don't know why I was so stupid I thought I was over it all by now. "

Kurama sighed. 

" Naruto you're seven, it doesn't matter how mature you are or how much you compartmentalize you can't suppress your feeling completely, I'll admit you could of handled the situation better, but then again maybe it was good for you to release a little. It isn't healthy to keep feelings repressed for to long. "

" I don't know, maybe you're right, maybe you aren't, only time will tell. "

It took Naruto about ten minutes to reach the school walking at a slow calm pace, the time it took him to get there plus the time spent with his " parents " made it around 6:20-6:30 A.M. The school started at 7:30 A.M. exactly so Naruto had an hour to burn just waiting. Luckily he had a sealing scroll full of books and a sketch pad to practice his fuinjutsu. Meaning he had plenty of ways to distract himself for an hour. 

At least he would of if it wasn't for a young brown haired man with a scar across his nose that came in half an hour after Naruto got there.

" Oh, hello. I assume you are one of the new students. "

" Correct. "

" Well nice to meet you, I am Iruka Umino, I'll be your teacher for the next five years. "

" Nice to meet you, I am Naruto. "

Iruka was kind of put off by the stiff, masked child. But he soon forgot about it and went to his desk to start working out the school schedule for his students. 

Naruto was more than content to continue sitting in his lonely chair in the corner when he suddenly thought of something and walked up to the teacher's desk.

" Teacher. "

" AHH. "

Iruka jumped out of his chair in fright he landed five feet away on the front row desk. After about ten seconds he climbed down off the desk and cleared his throat, clearly embarrassed.

" Uh-hum, how can I help you Naruto? "

" In your student records my name will be Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze, please change it to say just Naruto. I was disowned by Hokage-sama and his wife and unfortunately they never changed my name. "

" Uuuuuhhhhhh, umm, a-alright. Yeah I can, I guess. Would you mind me asking why you were disowned? "

" Sorry sir, but that is clan business. "

" Alright, I understand. "

After that Naruto went back to his corner seat in the very back of the room while Iruka changed Naruto's name in the database. Usually a teacher would get the parents permission before doing such a thing, but if Naruto was really disowned then it wouldn't really matter, plus it could always be changed back. 

Like that Naruto spent the last thirty minutes drawing in his sketch book. He wasn't practicing his fuinjutsu but he was practicing his drawing skills. A skill very handy for not only his fuinjutsu, but also his genjutsu. Naruto was able to use a multitude of means to cast a genjutsu, the easiest and quickest was to imagine what he wanted to cast and then release his chakra, but that method was flimsy and costly. One of the best was to use drawing or painting as they would allow him to have more detailed illusions and cut the cost quite a bit. 

 Naruto was drawing a detailed picture of Diantha when the students started trickling into the school room. Naruto's favorite models to draw were Kurama and Diantha and he had hundreds of pictures of the two in various poses. 

It took about 3 minutes for all of the students to file in, including Mito and Mana who despite not having started their first day of school had already gained a whole gang friends. 

" Alright class my name is Iruka Umino and I'll be your teacher for the next five years. Since today is our first day how about we all introduce ourselves and get to know each other. I'll start. My name is Iruka Umino. My likes include teaching, my students, and burnt toast. My dislikes include rude people, criminals, and toast when it's not quite crispy but still warm. My hobbies include cooking, teaching, and learning. My dream is to teach some of the strongest ninja ever.  "

Iruka pointed at the student furthest away from Naruto to start meaning that Naruto would go last. Since he would go last he just zoned out the voices and continued on his picture of Diantha. The only people he listened into were the clans heirs.

" My name is Hinata Hyuga my likes include my family, sweets, and a certain boy who saved my life. "

She sent a quick glance to Naruto, but nobody noticed it including Naruto. 

" My dislikes are mean people, bullies, and broccoli while my hobbies include gardening, flower pressing, and training. My dream is to one day get married and raise children.  "

Naruto most intently listened to his sisters. 

" My name is Mito Uzumaki-Namikaze and my likes include my parents, my grandpa Jiraiya, and my granny Tsunade. My dislikes are those who make people close to me cry- "

Once again a girl sent Naruto another quick glance, this one he noticed however. 

" -Boring things, and raw vegetables. My hobbies include playing with my family, training with my family, and plainly hanging out with my family. My dream is to one day start a family of my own. "

She was obviously staring at Naruto while saying that making quite a few people in the class curious. Naruto thought.

' Well, she's definitely an Uzumaki. '

He didn't let her targeted words get to him, he never was close with his sisters, it was somewhat his fault for never making the effort and somewhat their fault for also not trying. He had always kind of hoped to get connected with his sisters but, to late now. Mana was up next, she had been watching Naruto and despite his mask she felt that she could see his body language change slightly. Jiraiya had taught her and Mito to notice and examine and identify body language, despite Naruto being subdued she was able to understand what his body was saying. He was depressed. 

" My name is Mana Uzumaki-Namikaze. My likes are my family, my friends, and learning. My dislikes are rapists, criminals, and those who hurt people close to me. My hobbies are training, reading, and hanging out with everybody in my family. My dream is to become one of if not the strongest kunoichi ever, like my granny Tsunade. "

After those two Naruto completely zoned out focusing on his picture almost completely. He of course kept an ear open for when it was his turn. Eventually after an unknown amount of minutes Naruto realized it was his turn. He spoke out in a voice as monotone as a line. 

" My name is Naruto. I like food, animals, and the forest. I dislike people, groups of people, and talking with people. My hobbies are training and gardening, that is it. I do not have a dream. "

Everybody just stared as Naruto lowered himself back down onto his seat. They all thought that the kid was extremely weird, he was wearing a flaming wooden mask, a regal expensive robe, and he was barefoot. Though the only ones to notice the latter were the more observant children when they were walking in. 

Naruto just stared off into space not making eye contact with any of the other students.

What he didn't know was that some of the people in the classroom felt slight pangs in their chests. They being Hinata Hyuga, Iruka Umino, and Mito. Hinata because the boy she has a crush on was so emotionless sounding, as though he had nothing to live for. Iruka because a child had a voice that sounded like rape victims, as though he would rather die than to live life longer. Mito because she hated the thought of her family member being depressed. All in all they were all sad that Naruto sounded broken, he sounded not like a seven year old child but like a veteran ninja.

" Then umm, I guess we can spend the rest of the school day getting a feel for everybody's strengths and weaknesses, about how much strength everybody has. "

The rest of the school day was spent performing various tests. Intelligence tests, battle strategy tests, war strategy, strength test, speed test, flexibility test, accuracy test, and a speed thinking test were just some that they performed. Naruto limited his strength to be around low-mid genin letting him stay at the same level as the clan heirs without attention being drawn to him. Naruto spent the entire day bored out of his ever loving mind, having to listen to a bunch of children whining, complaining, and bragging was like listening to a bunch of pigs mating. Eventually though the pain ended and the day was let out. 

" Alright class quiet down . . . SHUT UP! Kuh-hum, alright. So this was a good first day, I can't wait to spend the next five years with all of you. Now, class dismissed. "

Before he was finished speaking all of the children ran for the door except for a few, those few being Naruto, Mito, Mana, Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akamichi, and Saskue Uchiha. Mito and Mana walked over to Naruto while the others were just lazy or patient. 

" Umm, hey Naruto. "

It was Mito who spoke first which surprised Naruto because he figured she would be the most upset with him, considering her previous attitude.

" Hello Mito-san. "

She winced slightly at that. She had figured that his greeting wouldn't be sweet, but she wasn't expecting such a professional reply, it was as though she was talking to one of her father's subordinates and not her own brother. 

" Mom and dad told us to ask you if you wanted to walk home with us. Something about wanting to talk to all of us. So do you? "

" I appreciate the offer Mito-san, but I politely decline. "

" Why‽ "

This time it was Mana.

" I did not have plans to go to the Clan Compound today Mana-san. If you will excuse me I must be leaving now, good day. "

All those who were still in the room listened in on the conversation and watched as Naruto slowly and evenly walked out of the room, leaving Mana and Mito standing there.

Naruto thought about why he acted that way, he had at one point wanted to start a true connection with his sisters so he really didn't understand why he acted the way he did. 

' Kurama do you know why I did that? "

" I have no idea Naruto. I'd imagine it has something to do with the way they treated you, being so snappy in the classroom then acting like your sisters when it's all done. They embarrassed you in front of the entire classroom, it makes sence that you subconsciously responded that way. "

' But, they didn't embarrass me that much and I feel that a familial connection would've been more important. '

" I know you believe that Naruto, but keep in mind that you guys talked that one time in how many years, 2, 3, 4, Naruto I went through your memories, the last time you guy played together was when your were three. None of you held a conversation more than a few words since then. I'm sorry Naruto, but you three aren't family beyond blood. "

' I guess you're right, it just sucks you know. I mean honestly. Anyway, Diantha I'm coming over. '

" Alright, I can't wait to see you Naruto. "

' I can't wait to see you either. ' 

" What about me, poor ol' Kurama? '

' I'll be seeing you in my dreams Kurama. '

" Aww you always know how to make me feel special. "

Naruto just grinned hearing his friend's antics. That grin was immediately wiped away though when he saw who was standing at he gates of the school. There stood Kushina Namikaze-Uzumaki. Naruto just gave her that first glance and then ignored her as he walked out of the school, he didn't hold any allusion that she was there just for Mito and Mana, at least not after the fiasco in the morning. 

That's not to say he didn't try and casually walk past her. Didn't work though, she grabbed his shoulder as he was walking through the gate. 

" Naruto. "

Naruto turned to look at her, he noticed that despite the smile on her face her eyes were red, her skin pale, and her hair was slightly unkempt. Naruto felt a slight guilt, not because he loved her, but because Naruto was someone who hated causing pain to other people and creatures. But he also remembered the years of neglect and instantly he suppressed the pang he felt in his heart. 

" Hello Uzumaki-sama. "

" Please Naruto call me mom. Please. "

" That would be inappropriate Uzumaki-sama. We are neither close personally or in status. "

Kushina looked crushed hearing that, but she was able to hold back her tears, she didn't want to embarrass herself in public. Naruto seeing that she was done talking made to walk away, but she grabbed his shoulder again.

" Please unhand me Uzumaki-sama. "

" W-where are you going? How-how about you wa-walk home with me and the girls? "

" I apologize Uzumaki-sama, but I am not on my way to your clan compound. Please unhand me I must be on my way. "

Kushina did instinctively, Naruto took his chance and walked off under the gaze of Kushina, her daughters, and the kids who had remained in the class room along with their parents. One of those parents was one Mikoto Uchiha mother of Itachi and Saskue Uchiha and new clan head of the Uchiha clan. She was also great long time friends with Kushina. 

" Kushi are you okay? You look like you're about to break down. "

Kushina was just barely able to croak out. 

" I'm fine Mikoto. Just dealing with some family problems right now. "

Mikoto was surprised at her normally upbeat friend being so down and depressed. 

" Do you want to talk about it over some tea or coffee? We can go to my house or yours. "

" Maybe tomorrow, today we are having a family meeting. . . Thank you Mikoto, I love you. "

" I love you too Kushi, if you ever want to talk or spend some time together than make sure you come by. No matter how busy I am I'll have time for you. "

Kushina perked up hearing her best friends words, and even though she was still sad she was able to bring herself out of her funk. 

" Thanks Mikoto, I will. "

" You better. "

" Alright girls you two ready to head home? We still have to celebrate your first day at the academy. "

"" Sure mom/ let's go. ""

Both also said goodbye to their aunty Mikoto.

Naruto who was walking down the street with no specific destination was talking to the residents in his head. 

' Do you think I was to harsh. I mean she looked like she was about to break down. '

" Naruto you were very mature and handled the situation well, there was no other way of handling that without putting yourself in an uncomfortable situation. "

" I agree with Diantha, I mean you could have been a lot more brutal. Besides do you really think the amount of pain she's feeling is comparable to yours, you who was happy to kill himself? "

' I don't know, it's just I hate being mean like that. Maybe I'm to old fashioned, I hate seeing women cry. '

" Hehe, maybe. It could also be your more dominant male instincts. After all many men have an instinct in them that wants them to protect those close to them. Even if you aren't emotionally close she is still your mother and your body might be having a reaction to that. "

" She has a point Naruto. With your Beast God Authority and other natural traits you are a very instinctive male along with that you have a developing alpha personality. You're not quite there yet, but once you mature and learn you'll settle into it. "

' So does that mean I'll eventually forgive her and the rest of her family? '

" No Naruto, that is still an emotional aspect of you something you control. I know that you have some reservations about forgiving them Naruto, and that's okay, just never hold hate them Naruto. Hate can ruin anybody Naruto, including you. "

' You know that I don't hate them Diantha. '

" You say you don't, but we both know you hold that littlest sliver of resentment in your heart. "

' . . . How do I get rid of it? '

" That's up to you, some can meditate it away, more people need to meet with the target of their resentment and sort it out, others, well others can't get rid of it. "

39