Chapter 5
4.9k 13 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Naruto spent a few happy hours with Diantha he decided it was time to meet his " family ". Naruto who was cuddling with Diantha on her rock turned his head to look at his best friend.

" Alright Diantha, I think I'm going to head out, go deal with the resentment problems. "

" ' Sigh ' I wanna cuddle more, but I want you to deal with this. . . So conflicted. "

" I know, I don't want to leave you just to go deal with those people for who knows how long. But, it needs to be done. How about this, when I get back I'll give you a massage personally. "

" OOO! Then hurry up and leave, I haven't had one of your massages in forever! "

" Ouch, it hurts you want me to leave so badly. "

" The only reason I want you to leave so quickly is so that you get back sooner. "

Naruto didn't say anything, instead he leaned over and gave Diantha a smooch right on her black nose. 

" Stop, that tickles. "

" I love you! "

" I love you too. Remember, be careful, who knows what they might do. "

With that Naruto set off back towards the village, he wasn't rushing as fast as he could, because he wanted think and reassure himself. As opposed to the 5-15 minutes it usually takes Naruto to exit the forest he took a full half hour. Though to Naruto it felt like only three minutes for him to exit the forest and reach the compound. 

' Sigh ' ' I guess I should hurry this along. '

Naruto then knocked firmly on the compound door. Inside the house he heard Jiraiya say. " I got it. "

When Jiraiya opened the door he was surprised to discover a five foot tall blonde haired boy wearing a mask and a fancy robe. 

" Oh, I wasn't expecting to see you. "

" I am here to discuss the current situation with Hokage-sama and Uzumaki-sama. "

" Come on in I guess. "

" Thank you Jiraiya-sama. "

" Enough of that kid, you don't have to address us so formally. "

" That would be improper Jiraiya-sama. "

" ' Sigh ' Whatever kid. "

Naruto then walked into the compound behind Jiraiya who led him straight to the backyard where Minato, Kushina, Mito, Mana, Tsunade, and Kakashi Hatake, Minato's last student were all sitting around a table. They had various foods sitting on the table. 

" Look who it is everybody. "

With that Jiraiya moved out of the way of Naruto revealing him to everyone. 

" Naruto‽ "

It was Kushina who ran up to Naruto first, but Naruto put his hand up.

" Please avoid physical contact Uzumaki-sama, I have showed up because I would like to discuss with you and your family. "

Kushina looked crestfallen at first, but hearing the rest of his sentence she perked up slightly, believing she had a chance to reconnect with her son. 

" Then please sit down. Feel free to eat we have plenty of food if you want any. "

" No thank you Uzumaki-sama. "

Naruto did sit down at the table though. He sat straight backed with his hands on his lap, a proper and polite seating position. Naruto ended up sitting across from Mito and Mana, not because that was the only seat, but because it was the most proper seat of someone with his legal and social status. 

Naruto knew that he didn't have to use such formalities, but they felt most comfortable to him while in their presence. To everybody else though they instantly felt as though they were attending a party with a noble: stiff, strict, and having to use a certain conduct. It was Kakashi who spoke first. 

" Since you would like to discuss it would only be proper for you to remove your mask. "

Naruto hesitated for a little while and considered contacting Diantha for her opinion, but it was his situation and he needed to deal with it himself. With that new resolution Naruto lifted his hand up and grabbed the eye holes of the mask, he then pulled it off. 

Kushina, Mito, and Mana gasped while Minato, Jiraiya, and Tsunade were thoroughly taken aback. Not only from Naruto's unrealistically handsome looks but also the ribbon tied around his eye's. 

" Why do you have your eyes covered? "

" That is a personal reason Hatake-san. "

Kakashi was surprised, he hadn't been addressed in such a manner by a child since he was in the war. He didn't understand why Naruto would be so strict. Seeing his student no longer talking, Minato decided to start talking.

" Then what would you like to discuss Naruto? Surely you came by with a topic in mind. "

 " Not so much a topic Hokage-sama, I would just like to ask a question. "

" What would that be? "

" Why? "

This time it was Kushina who spoke up. 

" Why what son? "

" Why did you neglect me for seven years, likely would of been seven more if I hadn't had an immature outburst. "

None of the adults knew how to answer Naruto's question so it was Mana who didn't fully understand the situation that started speaking.

" We didn't neglect you Naruto, you are the one who made yourself an outcast, you never wanted to eat dinner with us or play with us! "

" Sorry Mito-san, but I think you don't have the facts straight, I stopped eating with all of you because I never had a place at the table, and I stopped playing with you because you never wanted to play. I didn't intentionally outcast myself before I turned five. "

" What do you mean you never had a place at the table? "

" Exactly that Senju-sama, from the time I was able to feed myself Uzumaki-sama stopped making a portion of food for me, I eventually started cooking for myself. " 

Tsunade bristled slightly at that and glared at Kushina. 

" But, I am not here to discuss any neglect on my part, I would just like the answer to my previous question. Please Hokage-sama, Uzumaki-sama? "

None of those sat at the table were able to respond. The adults weren't expecting Naruto to keep a calm even voice when discussing any slights against him, they thought-they hoped, he would blow up in anger. The anger they could work with, the calm, thought out words they couldn't. Mito and Mana were just as surprised, they found out that the brother they loathed and thought was a brat was actually neglected by his parents the only people he should be able to just no matter what. The girls who had been raised thoroughly on Uzumaki ideals were surprised to have learned that their mother and father would neglect their brother. 

" Please answer me Hokage-sama. "

" I-I don't know why. I re-really don't know. "

" Uzumaki-sama? "

Kushina just shook her head with tears in her eyes. 

" You had no reason? You weren't manipulated, you didn't hate me, you just forgot I existed? HOW! ''

" Naruto calm down, there is no reason to blow up, not for them. "

' Why Kurama, why was I even born if they were just going to forget about me‽ '

" You were born for me and Diantha, we would be sad lonely existences if it wasn't for you Naruto. Is that what you want? "

' No. '

" Good, because I would hate to think of a life without you and Diantha. Naruto in my thousands of years of existence I have had no friends, even my brothers and sisters rarely talk to me out of jealousy for my power. So please Naruto, never say you want to die or wish you didn't exist, because I couldn't think of a life where I didn't have you. "

' Thanks Kurama, I couldn't imagine my life without you and Diantha . . . Well I can, I'd be dead, but that's besides the point. Just know that I love you just as much as I do Diantha, platonically of course. '

With that, Naruto cleared his throat and addressed the other people at the table. 

" I am sorry for my outburst, that was uncalled for. Since I have learned the answer to my question I would like to be excused Hokage-sama. "

" NO! No. Naruto, why don't you just stick around and eat dinner with me and the rest of your family. "

" No thank you Uzumaki-sama, that would be inappropriate. "

" Not at all Naruto, I insist you stick around and eat dinner with us. "

" . . . Okay Hokage-sama. "

Naruto of course didn't want to stay and eat, but as a ninja-in-training he couldn't exactly refuse such a simple request from his Hokage. So he just sat there waiting watching.

" Why don't you grab yourself something Naruto? "

" It would be extremely rude and inappropriate of me to eat before Hokage-sama and the others. "

" Oh. Then uhh, since everybody is here we should start eating all of this delicious food that Kushina made. "

Everybody nodded there heads except Naruto who continued sitting until Minato, Kushina, Jiraiya, and Tsunade had gotten their plates of food. He ended up getting his food last since Mito, Mana, and Kakashi had gotten food at the same time as the people of higher status. Once Naruto sat down he started eating only after everybody else had started. Naruto's table manners weren't quite as refined as Tsunade's and Kushina's, but they were leagues above Jiraiya, Mito, and Mana who ate like pigs shoveling food into their mouths. Kakashi wasn't particularly fancy in his eating manner but he at least wasn't disgusting. Naruto also didn't eat anywhere near as much as the others, he barely covered his plate in food and each individual kind of food was kept away from the other. 

He was the first to finish eating and when he was done Naruto turned his head to face the others at the table, though none of them knew if he was looking at them. Tsunade was the second to finish eating so she decided to try making conversation with Naruto. 

" So tell me about yourself kid. "

" What would you like to know Senju-sama? "

" Like uhh some of your hobbies, any girlfriends, what do you do to pass the time, maybe explain why you blind yourself. Stuff like that. "

" My hobbies are gardening and training, I have no girlfriend, I train, training. " 

" . . . "

Nobody was surprised at how Naruto answered, though that didn't mean they had an answer or response. Tsunade wouldn't give up though. 

" I also like gardening, maybe you and I could meet up sometime and discuss it, maybe we could share techniques and tips. What kind of training do you do, who teaches you? What do you train by blinding yourself? "

" I would be honored to learn any gardening techniques you would be willing to share Senju-sama. I do various types of training, I train myself, and I train my senses. "

" What's your favorite type of training, would you like some training help from us? It can be any kind of training you want. "

" I like most types of training, I appreciate the offer Senju-sama, but I must decline. "

Naruto was trying to not reveal to much about himself while still retaining a certain amount of respect. Tsunade knew that so she wasn't going to let up. 

" What ninja subjects are you strongest in, do you have many friends, if so who, do we know them? "

" I am strongest in stealth and ninjutsu, and I have zero friends. "

Naruto lied about being good in ninjutsu, but Uzumaki are expected to be good in ninjutsu because of their large chakra reserves. In reality Naruto was fairly lack luster in ninjutsu, especially compared to his specialties Genjutsu and Fuijutsu. He wasn't bad with handling weapons either thanks to his extremely high dexterity.

By that point Kakashi and Minato had finished eating and had been listening, Kakashi decided to interject.

" Now that you are in the academy you will have plenty of opportunities to make some friends, surely you are looking forward to that. "

" Not really no, I am not pursuing a social life. "

" You should know that teamwork is one of the most important aspects of shinobi life. It'll help if you have friends since you might get put on a team with them. "

" The likelihood of me being put on a team with anybody I am friends with is slim to none, unless I become friends with everybody in the class, which is unlikely. "

" Your father is the Hokage meaning you could probably ask him to arrange a team to your liking. "

" That would be unfair to the other shinobi in my classroom and Hokage-sama is not my father. I was disowned. "

Mito, Mana, and Kakashi were surprised hearing that, clearly they weren't aware that legally Naruto had been disowned from both clans. Mito yelled out.

" Naruto what do you mean? You weren't disowned. "

" According to clan laws when a clan child is named clan heir over the oldest born said oldest born is disowned from the clan. "

Mito and Mana gasped and teared up, clearly they were starting to blame themselves for Naruto distancing himself from the family. 

Minato who had been listening interjected into the conversation since he felt that it was starting to get slightly tense. 

" So Naruto, can you take your ribbon off, I would love to see your eyes. From what I remember you had such adorable shiny eyes. "

" . . . I would rather not Hokage-sama, but if you insist I will happily reveal my eyes. "

" Please do. "

Naruto instantly reached behind his head and started untying his ribbon. Once it was untied he pulled it off and showed his beautiful blue eyes to the entire audience. Naruto's eyes were the same gradient color scheme from when he absorbed the Demon Fox. Though his pupils weren't slits they were the same black color while his iris went from a dark blue near the pupil to a radiant shiny blue near the edge of the iris. The girls all became mesmerized by the beauty while the guys all became jealous, including Minato who always prided himself on his beautiful eyes. Tsunade recovered first. 

" It's such a shame for you to cover your eyes like that, if you didn't cover them girls would be all over you. "

Naruto stiffly said. 

" I do not want girls all over me. "

Before anymore could be said about that, Minato interjected.

" So Naruto, despite really latching onto that unintentional disowning you are still an Uzumaki and my son, fuijutsu is in your blood. How about your mom and I train you in it? Unfortunately Mito and Mana don't much care for fuinjutsu and we would really like to be able to pass on our legacy. "

" No thank you Hokage-sama, I have sufficient means of training myself in fuijutsu. "

" Surely those means can't rival the Uzumaki and Namikaze legacy! Stop being so stubborn Naruto! "

Naruto just stared at Minato. He could tell that Minato and Kushina only felt guilty for neglecting him, he couldn't find any feelings that they were truly worried about him or his life. Tsunade he could feel actual worry and care which opened him up to her slightly. Jiraiya and Kakashi didn't really have any feelings, they were like true ninjas. Mito and Mana were feeling extremely guilty as well as a bit of worry. 

" So Naruto, you never really did tell me what you did in your free time, surely it can't just be training and gardening. "

" In my free time I study."

" Is that it? You garden, train, and study, which is basically training? That's sad. "

" I'm sorry if I upset you Senju-sama, but I do not have much else to do. "

" Naruto you don't have to apologize for everything. "

" Sorry Senju-sama I'll try to rectify that in the future. "

Tsunade just sighed. 

" So Naruto, where did you get your clothes they are very nice? "

" I made them Uzumaki-sama. "

" You are very skilled Naruto, could I possibly buy some clothes. "

" I would be honored if Uzumaki-sama ordered clothes from me. Please do not hold high expectations of this lowly one. "

" Then we can set up a date to discuss our business deal. "

Kushina thought she was being clever by setting up a date with Naruto. 

" Senju-sama, I would be honored to make you an order of clothes in return for any gardening techniques you'd be willing to share. If you'd be willing to meet at a later date. "

Tsunade was beyond happy that Naruto was offering to meet her instead of just being polite like he was with Kushina. 

" I'd love to Naruto, when shall we meet? "

" Whenever is convenient for you Senju-sama. "

" We can meet tomorrow at the clan compound then. Before we do meet however I would like to you to call me Tsunade, I feel it would make out business deal go more smoothly. "

" Senju-sa- "

" Eh, what did I say? "

" Then I would be honored Tsunade-sama. " 

" ' Sigh ' Good enough. "

Kushina who had been listening from the side line got excited seeing Naruto consent, she decided to try her luck. 

" Then I want you to call me mom. "

" That would be extremely inappropriate Uzumaki-sama. "

" But you're calling Tsunade by her name! "

" I am sorry Uzumaki-sama, but I will have to cancel our deal if that is a requirement. "

Kushina teared up much to Minato's anger, he couldn't understand why Naruto was being so mean to his mother. 

" Naruto! That is no way to treat you mother, now as your Hokage I order you to apologize to your mother and call her mom. "

Naruto glared at Minato and then in a voice colder than the heart of a pedophile Naruto said. 

I have no mother. "

Everybody gasped at Naruto's statement including Kushina who instantly after broke down crying. She couldn't even stay upright in her seat. 

Minato instantly yelled at Naruto while trying to comfort his wife. He said. 

" GET OUT YOU BRAT! "

" Yes Hokage-sama. "

Before Minato could regret his actions, Naruto was gone.


In the house Tsunade was glaring at Minato. 

" What the fuck was that you little idiot‽ "

" What do you mean? "

" Why the hell did you try and order him to do anything? He was just fucking opening up and you god damn ruined it. "

" He was being mean to Kushina or course I'm going to try and help her. "

" What about you helping your son, someone you neglected for his entire fucking life‽ "

" I offered to help him but he acted like a brat and didn't accept him. "

" No, you offered to train him, you have no idea of any troubles he's having. "

" Neither do you. "

" I'M NOT HIS FUCKING PARENT! Wish I was though, I at least wouldn't have neglected him. "

Tsunade felt guilty saying that, but she knew that Kushina and Minato needed a wake up call and she hoped that that would help them. 

" I'm leaving, fuck this. Mito, Mana congratulations girls I love both of you. "

" B-bye granny. "

" Bye granny T-Tsunade, love you. "

Tsunade then left right out the compound. She hoped to catch up with Naruto, but he was long gone. 


' I can't believe that bastard dared to order me to do anything. I try to be civil and that's how that bastard acts? Fuck that mother fucker! '

" Chill Naruto. "

' HOW CAN I CHILL‽ . . . I'm sorry Kurama that was completely uncalled for. '

" It's alright Naruto, I understand that you're angry, but there is an upside. "

' What is it. ' 

" You could have lived your entire life without knowing how they felt about you. Now, however you know that Tsunade has some care for you along with Mito and Mana. Your relationship with those three can be recovered and built up. Same with Kushina, if she has a realization and tries then you can have a relationship with her. At that point it would be up to you. "

' You're right, thank you Kurama. I know I said this earlier, but I truly couldn't imagine a life without you in it. And I feel that my shoulders are slightly lighter, perhaps I have cleared up any lingering emotions. '

" Who knows Naruto, who knows. "

After that Naruto walked all the way back to his house to spend the rest of the night with Diantha and to give her her massage.

 

 

 


This chapter probably could of been done better, but I'm really not good at dialogue so a chapter made almost entirely of dialogue is pretty hard for me to right.

37