Chapter 13 – Tsunade and Team Placement
2.3k 17 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time since they had started dating Tsunade Senju had woken up before her boyfriend Naruto-now-officially-Uzumaki. The busty, blonde, cougar didn't know why she woke up as early as she did. Ever since she quit active duty she started sleeping in, but since she was up she knew she would get back to sleep without delicate coaxing from Naruto. Unfortunately for her, she couldn't justify waking him up just so she could sleep. 

So she settled for simply laying on her bed creepily staring at her peacefully sleeping boyfriend. Her eyes traced down from his thick, wild mane of blonde hair down to his lightly tanned face that still showed hints of his previously malnourished life with sharp edgy features. He was also getting to that age where he was starting to grow some cute, blond peach fuzz on his lips and chin, Tsunade decided then and there she was going to tease him about it later.

From his face Tsunade's eyes trailed down to Naruto's bare chest, some parts of his skin were darker than others from where his shirts didn't completely cover his body as a child. Naruto for the most part had the body of an Adonis: perfectly sculpted muscle lines, and a thin layer of fat that didn't make him chubby, but instead covered the ugliness of protruding veins. Naruto also had a few dark blemishes along his stomach, they looked like freckles, but Tsunade knew they were skin damage from Naruto's many years in the sun. Tsunade knew he would have scars if it wasn't for his status as a jinchurikki. 

Tsunade's perverted examination were halted by a thick blanket which covered most of Naruto's lower body. Though, she could make out a bulge. She wasn't sure if it was his penis or from the blanket. 

Once her perverted eyes were done roaming Tsunade started to think of Naruto and her's relationship, she though back to when he was a child and how she treated him. Tsunade would be the first to admit, she was a bitch to Naruto when he was younger. The physical resemblance to her dead lover and brother had been uncanny and the memories that surfaced for her when she saw him brought her too much pain. So she avoided him, acted like he didn't exist or was even a nuisance. There was once a time when he came to the hospital on valentines day to give her chocolates, something both Dan and Nawaki ( her lover and brother) had made a habit of. After he gave her the chocolates she thanked him but once he left she threw them away, she didn't know that he had stayed and saw that. After that instance Tsunade had tried many times to find him and apologize, but Naruto's stealth had been too powerful even for her. Eventually, she gave up looking for him.

Of course that changed years later during that dinner Naruto had with his family, Tsunade learned then how much pain Naruto must have been through and how she had only made it worse. It wasn't until years after that dinner that Tsunade learned of the true damage that had been caused onto Naruto: mind, body, and soul. 

The busty blond's thought continued down the timeline of her's and Naruto's relationship, specifically the day he came to her with a business proposition. Of course that lead to him asking her to be his girlfriend. Tsunade recalled that at the time her emotional distress caused her to think that her accepting was, in some twisted way a method to make it up to the blonde boy. At the time she thought it was a simple crush from a young boy to a beautiful woman. She figured that their relationship would be fairly platonic and mainly something like a mother and son's, never did she expect to fall in love with Naruto as a lover and future husband. 

Of course she didn't fall for him right off the bat, but it was fairly quick, even by ninja standards; people who fall in love and get married a lot quicker than civilians. Looking back, Tsunade realized it was mainly Naruto's attitude that drew her in; his prideful, never give up, never ask for help, never expect help attitude was something she admired in anybody, let alone a child. Of course him being a handsome genius with divine massages didn't hurt either. What truly drew Tsunade to Naruto however wasn't what he allowed to be shown; the prideful genius with a handsome face and enchanting eyes were only superficial aspects of Naruto that, while attractive, couldn't make a woman like Tsunade fall in love. It was instead his vulnerability that forced her to slowly allow the young blonde into his heart. Every night he would wake up with silent tears and she would hold him until he fell asleep, every single time he instinctively flinched at a strangers contact. It was those moments where he would stare off into space remembering memories of harder times made Tsunade truly love Naruto.

So Tsunade's relationship with Naruto progressed quickly and smoothly, the two clicked together like two horny peas in a pod, technically they even committed a certain level of incest like two horny peas in a pod would; since the Senju descended from Hagoromo Otsutsuki who married into the Uzumaki clan and Tsunade's grandmother was part of the Uzumaki clan, Kushina's grandfather's sister to be exact. 1 Little back story that I will explain later on in the story, the Sage of Six Path's married the Uzumaki Head of his time. I don't know if it's ever specified who he married or the origins of the Uzumaki clan, so that will be my backstory for my novel. I have already hinted quite a bit that the Uzumaki clan is ancient, considerably older than even Hagoromo's mother. 

Unfortunately for both, Naruto was simply too young for Tsunade to compromise her morals. Not that she really cared about morals, she was technically committing incest, but none the less she wouldn't go so far as to have sex with a child. So their relationship while intimate, rarely strayed further than kissing and groping. 


By the time Tsunade was aroused from her thoughts, Naruto and Diantha had both woken up. Diantha had promptly gone to the bathroom while Naruto lied about on the bed, relaxed and returning Tsunade's gaze. Eventually it was the blond woman who broke the peaceful silence. 

" Are you ready to be assigned to a team today? I know you're curious about who your teammates and teacher will be. "

" Yeah, I will admit I'm curious, to be honest I have a few ideas in my head of who will be on my team. First, and most likely would be me, Mana, and Mito with Hatake Kakashi as our teacher. According to what I've heard he's retired from his anbu duties recently. Next I would guess is me, Shino, and Hinata, I don't know who as the teacher but it'd be someone with great chakra control since we all three mainly focus on chakra control and sensing. My best guess would be jonin, Yuhi Kurenai since she has taken a recent break from missions. Those are my best guesses. "

Tsunade gave Naruto one of those looks that clearly said " I know something you don't ". Before Naruto could question it Tsunade decided to rub it in. 

" I guess you should know that I was recently brought in for questioning in regards to your current skill set, and since I'm such a trusted member of the village I was able to recommend your teacher and teammates. Unfortunately, your teammates were pre-selected, however I was able to expend some influence and decided your teacher, I think you'll like who he is. "

Naruto just stared at Tsunade for a few seconds, he was clearly expecting her to tell him, considering the smirk on her face he clearly wasn't going to get one. 

" . . . Well? "

" Well what? "

Tsunade sounded cheekier than an obese kid. 2 I'm making a fat joke in poor taste, for those few people who get offended by fat jokes, relax. I hold no malicious intentions towards fat people and I personally, am an obese man.

" Are you going to tell me who my teacher is? "

" No, of course not, you're going to have to wait if you want to find out. "

" What‽ Why‽ "

" 'Cause I like to make you suffer. "

Tsunade smirked lovingly at Naruto's grumpy expression. He had his lips pursed and his eyes slightly squinted, Tsunade could just barely make out his mystical blue colored eyes. Tsunade felt nervous when suddenly Naruto's expression relaxed and he gained an innocent smile. 

" I'll get you back . . . Hmm, maybe dye all your clothes pink? No, you could just hide inside all day, I guess I could change the seals to keep you out of the compound. "

Tsunade jumped out of the bed and menacingly glared at her smirking blond boyfriend. 

" You wouldn't dare! "

" Hah, try me bitch. "

Tsunade glared some more before she surprised Naruto by jumping on him, she started smothering him in her breasts while tickling him. Both Tsunade and Naruto loved the childish moments they shared together. Truthfully, Naruto could only act such a way with Tsunade. Diantha was like one of those homely wives whose life centered around her husband, she was old and mature and didn't enjoy childish activities. Most of the time Naruto spent with Kurama was her retailing stories and legends of her youth, apart from that they mainly trained genjutsu together. That left Tsunade as the only one Naruto could act like a child with, and he truly cherished those moments. Of course they all had their moments, Diantha and Naruto once had a month long prank war using only Yin-Yang Release; Kurama enjoys using her control over Naruto's mindscape to make date nights for the two once a month; and Tsunade being the only one of Naruto's mates well versed in human relations had given him plenty of motherly advice to help Naruto connect with others his own age. 

The two blondes enjoyed innocently feeling each other up for a few minutes before they broke apart with a cough from Diantha, who had been in the bathroom. Despite their high stamina levels both blonds were breathless and had flushed faces.

" Having fun? "

" Of course, even gay guys and straight women can appreciate having their face smothered by a nice pair of breasts. " 

" Hmm, I wouldn't know. "

Diantha hadn't seen it coming before she was being smothered by Tsunade's pale meat sacks and getting tickled under her armpits by Naruto. The trio were rolling around on the floor laughing up a storm; even though Diantha acted old and mature she was still very ticklish, and Naruto knew all of her sweet spots to get her laughing. 

St-Stop, HAHAHAHA, Ple-Pl-Please! Hahaha. "

Of course neither Diantha or Naruto gave up torturing Diantha for a few extra minutes. Eventually they did give up and allowed the Uzumaki modeled Goddess to recover a little from her giggling and being out of breath. 

" You-You guys suck. If I wa-wasn't trained I wou-would of pissed myself. "

" Hmm, maybe we should start back up Tsunade. I really want to see her piss herself. "

" Yeah me too, maybe we can even take a picture. "

" Fuck, both of you. "

" Hehe, I love you too Diantha. "

" Anyway, who's cooking breakfast today? "

" Well, I'm pretty sure Shizune mentioned wanting to cook you something special for finishing your exam, so her. "

" Sweet! She hasn't cooked in forever. "

Tsunade's glare at her boyfriend made the blonde boy realize he probably could of worded his excitement better. Of course he knew from experience that when your girlfriend can destroy mountains with a single punch3 I'm pretty sure that's cannon so the power levels aren't to different so far. Of course I will mention more feats that will explain the power levels of the main cast. you correct your speech quickly.

" Not to say I'm upset with your cooking Tsunade, it's just you both have different feelings when cooking. Yours' is like a mother cooking a meal full of love for her family, Shizune's cooking is more experienced and professional but doesn't have that homely feel. "

Tsunade's glare lessened considerably, but there still seemed to be an edge in her eyes. He knew that he had to expand more.

" I'm sure that after you get a few more years your cooking will be as good if not better. "

Tsunade gained a childish smug smile and gave a short nod. Diantha who had been watching the exchange shook her head, smiled slightly, and then made a whipping sound. 

" Oi, I am not whipped, I just like my girls to be satisfied. "

All he got in response was perfectly in sync simultaneous whipping sounds. 

Naruto just shook his head with a small smile and joined Diantha and Tsunade in getting dressed. He didn't feel like actually searching for an outfit so he used his Yin-Yang Release to build an outfit around himself; it wasn't as high class a suit as something he personally sewed, but it got the job done. 

He then grabbed his mask and eye cover, hung them on his basic utility belt and walked down the stairs leaving Tsunade and Diantha with nothing except a smug smile and a great view of his ass. 

Before he was downstairs Naruto could smell beef cooking, not just any beef, but some really high class beef from Grass Country; the country was well known for their delicious cattle and poultry. Naruto, ever since he became fairly rich, ordered from the country when he could. The problem was, they were extremely exclusive and most of the farms sold to the leaders of various countries. 

His nose seemed to lead him right to the kitchen where a young black haired woman was flitting around the kitchen. Ever since Naruto and Tsunade had started dating Shizune had changed quite bit. 

Physically she had clearly grown older, her body had matured slightly and she had gained some plumpness since she no longer walked around Fire Country; she had also gotten paler, her skin no longer beat down on by the sun day after day. Her hair was shorter, styled, and clearly well taken care of. That was mainly thanks to Naruto spoiling her because he constantly bought her the latest skin and hair products. The biggest change however wasn't her physical appearance, instead it was her attitude and emotions. 

Shizune grew up a fairly lonely girl, thanks to years traveling she was never able to connect or make personal connection, when she and Tsunade finally moved back into Konoha permanently she was so far out of practice she couldn't make any friends. Naruto, when he finally started dating Tsunade would joke around and treated her as though she was his niece. He did that not only because it was any easy way to annoy her, but also because it was an easy way to connect with her. After a few years the two created a close relationship where sometimes Shizune was the "big sister" or Naruto was the "uncle", though most commonly they were simply best friends who could talk to each other about anything. Shizunes' relationship with Naruto was basically the gateway for her to get more confident, allowing her to make more friends; in the end though, the big game changer was Iruka who was a very friendly guy and was quite popular around the village. It was thanks to him that Shizune became a confident young woman with many friends who almost always had a smile on her face. 

" Oo-la-la. Is that my favorite niece cooking her uncle some yummy food. "

" Hardy har har, here I am trying to make you a nice breakfast and what do I get in return? Teased. "

" Aww, would the perverted niece prefer a kiss. "

It was at that moment that Tsunade and Diantha decided to walk into the kitchen.

" Damn Naruto, day after we give you a strip teases and a lap dance you start hitting on my niece. That's cold honey. "

" Hehe, jealous? "

" Well, I did miss out on my good morning kiss. "

Naruto walked up to his girlfriends, he first swept Tsunade off her feet and gave her a passionate kiss like two lovers after an intense dance of lust. After a solid two minutes of steaminess the blonde boy turned to his Goddess and tightly wrapped his arms around her waist lifting her off the ground. Their kiss was like that of a soldier and his fiance meeting again after a war, it was equally as passionate as the one Naruto and Tsunade shared. 

Shizune who unfortunately had to watch that display between a child and two old women let out a wolf whistle. 

" Get it boy! "

" You know it girl! "

Neither Tsunade or Diantha could speak. Diantha, even after many years of dating wasn't used to passionate kisses; Tsunade simply fell into a day dream about when Naruto was older. 

" So Shizune, you looking forward to Iruka having a few days off this week? "

" Yep, he and I have a trip planned this week to visit the capital, Tsunade has already given us permission to stay in the Senju compound there. We are going to spend the week relaxing, doing a bit of gambling, go to the hot springs. "

" Really, that's great! I remember Tsunade mentioning how you always wanted to visit the hot springs when you two would travel through. "

" Well, it's mainly because of my uncle, when I was young he told me about how he went to the hot springs while he was on a mission in the capital; for about a week after he got back he went on and on talking about how magical they are. "

" If you don't mind me asking, how are you two going to pay for everything? I can't imagine the springs or the gambling dens being cheap. "

" Iruka has been saving up for months, he'd take some of his pay check and put it aside, he's saved up quite a bit, I've also kept a little money from when I work in the hospital. "

" Alright, that's good. I'll be right back. "

Shizune watched her blonde " little brother " run off back up the stairs, when he passed his two girlfriends they both woke up from their day dreams. The two looked around a little, didn't see anything out of place and sat down at the dining table. They had just started to make some small talk with Shizune when Naruto came barreling back down the stairs carrying a seal parchment. 

" Here you go Shizune. "

" What is it? "

" A storage seal. " 

" I know that, but what's it for. "

" Sealing things. "

Naruto's stony facade broke into a small smile from the giggles of Tsunade who always enjoyed watching Naruto tease Shizune. It didn't help that Shizune always walked into it.

" What's in it? "

" You'll find out by opening it. "

Shizune shot a final glare at Naruto before she used a hand seal and a bit of chakra to open the seal; what came out of the seal surprised everybody except Naruto. What came out of the seal was a dozen bags filled with gold, each bag was about the same size as one of Tsunade's breasts. 

" What are these? "

" Bags of money, before you say anything let me explain. You and Iruka don't get time off together often, let alone a full week, so I want you two to enjoy yourselves. That's money I made in my early days of selling robes so don't think I'm breaking the bank or anything by giving it to you. "

" Naruto . . . I really appreciate it, but- "

" Nope, it's already yours. Look, just treat it like an uncle fund or something, after all, what kind of uncle wouldn't help his neice enjoy her vacation when he can. Just don't tell Iruka the money is from me, he's a prideful man and I don't want that to ruin his vacation. "

Shizune didn't give an audible response, but her tears and back breaking hug were plenty for Naruto. Eventually, Shizune let go of Naruto, sealed the money back up, and got back to cooking, Naruto walked back to the table and sat at the free chair between Tsunade and Diantha. When he sat down Tsunade leaned in and whispered in his ear.

" That was a good thing you did Naruto. 

" Whatever could you mean Tsunade dearest? "

" I mean you giving that money away, I know how much the money from your first ever business deal means to you. "

Naruto just shook his head and smiled before saying.

" Money is money, I can make it back in a heartbeat. Shizune being happy and enjoying herself is something in truly, short supply. 

Tsunade smiled and gave Naruto a delicate kiss on the cheek. 


The three woman and one boy ate a hearty and not quite healthy breakfast before eventually splitting off. Tsunade and Diantha went to Tsunade's study room where she of course studied various types of sciences, mainly biology; of course they were mainly discussing Naruto's idea of creating and implanting a Dojutsu, they already figured out how to implant it, they were mainly discussing how to make the actual eye itself. 

Shizune after her breakfast went off to continue packing for herself and Iruka as well as do a little bit of shopping. The couple mainly packed clothes and with the help of seals it only took a few seconds for her to be done. In reality most of her day would be spent trying to find some new sexy clothes to surprise Iruka with. 

Naruto of course went to the academy, he didn't have much planned for his day since it was Team Placement day for the students. The actual team placement and the first team meeting would take so long that any plans Naruto might have made would have get derailed. Once he was out of the compound Naruto decided to waste no time and Shunshind to the classroom he'd been using for years. At the start and end point of his shunshin there was no indication of Naruto having used the jutsu, that was one of the many benefits of having mastered some of the basics; his shunshin had no indication meaning they were great for stealth. 

The classroom was about half full when Naruto popped in, most of the students were more eager than the day before, most to find out who their teammates and Jonin leader would be, others to finally be out of the school. Of course there were also those who realized that their lives would no longer be fun and games, they knew that there was a good chance they would die before they were thirty. Of course, those nervous Nancies were mainly the clan students who knew the reality of being a ninja thanks to their clans.

Naruto like just about every other day of his academy existence pulled out his seals sketch book and a pencil, but instead designing seals as he usually would he decided to start designing Dojutsu designs. Of course, even if he and the girls could create a functioning Dojutsu the design of it would likely be random. So what Naruto was doing was pointless and solely for fun, but even " hard-ass Naruto " needed some relaxation once in a while. 


Back at the Senju compound Tsunade and Diantha were both standing in Tsunade's workshop where she would study new jutsus, though instead of a new jutsu the two beauties were standing around an eye ball. The eyeball wasn't anything special looks wise, just a regular adult sized brown colored pupil eye, what did set it apart however was that it wasn't a human eye, or even an animals eye. No the eye was created by Diantha using her Yin-Yang release. 

" Well, after using all of my diagnostic I can confidently say that this eye works perfectly. "

" Did you doubt my countless years of effort spent practicing Yin-Yang release? Hah, I could of created a perfect copy of your body while I was asleep. "

" . . . Seriously? "

" Yep, easy. "

" Can you do that with anybody or just me, and what would the differences be between my body and your replica? "

" I can indeed do it to anybody, I'm sure you are thinking of me copying Bloodline clans and I can say that I have indeed done it before. The differences would be that I can't create a soul, so it'd basically be like you if you were a vegetable. "

What Diantha had no intention of mentioning was that her current body was created using her Yin-Yang release and she had used an extremely complicated form of Yin release to transplant her soul over into the body. 

" Well, I suppose we are ready to move onto our second phase of testing? "

" Have you already gotten the eyes? "

Tsunade didn't give a verbal response, instead she activated a storage seal hidden somewhere on her body and pulled out two vials containing two unique looking eyes. One contained an eye that looked like it belonged to a blind person, the other was a was fairly normal apart from the abnormally dark pupil; of course Diantha knew full well those eyes belonged to two of the most well known ninja clans. 

" How did you manage to get both them so quickly, surely it wasn't as easy as going up and asking them. "

" Mikoto ( Uchiha ) was surprisingly easy to convince to donate the eye to me. All I had to do was donate a few fire jutsu that my clan had hidden away and of course sign multiple legal documents that made it to where I can't spread the secrets of the Sharingan or give away the eye, etc. The contracts weren't too lethal, basically I'd have to give up all my clan assets and what not. The Hyuga however were a lot harder to convince; not only did I have to give away multiple of my healing jutsu, the contracts I signed make it to where if I break it I essentially become a slave for their clan. Of course I made a few contracts of my own that make it to where they can't give away their own secrets and blame it on me, etc. I doubt you want me to go into detail. "

" I really don't, then give me the eyes I will see if I can replicate them anytime soon. "

What proceeded was Diantha using a special jutsu that sends her chakra into an object to understand it's smallest details. Unfortunately, the process while extremely detailed, was extremely slow. 


Back at the academy Naruto's class was full of students when Iruka walked in, he was carrying a basic clip board in his hands and a melancholic smile on his face. Even though the teacher would never admit it he was always sad, and a little proud, when his students left year after year to a likely death. 

" Hello students! Are all of you ready to begin the rest of your lives? "

" YES TEACHER! " 

Iruka smiled at the resounding yell of a response all of his students, including the angsty ones, gave.  

" Then I guess I won't keep you all waiting and will announce all of your teams. " 

Iruka proceeded to lust off multiple trans starting with the average scorers, most of them regular civilians.  The first important team he listed off was team 6. Which was comprised of Sakura Haruno and the two Uchiha siblings, Naruto supposed the pink haired girls fine chakra control could balance out the Uchiha's above average chakra amounts.

" Team 7 is deviating from tradition this year and is comprised of the top three kunoichi as opposed to the usual top scoring male and female and the lowest scorer in the class. Of course the team is made of Mana Uzumaki, Mito Uzumaki, and finally Hinata Hyuuga. "

Naruto was very happy with that team structure because A: Hinata is a very well rounded kunoichi with high levels of skill in taijutsu and healing meaning she would compliment his sisters almost perfectly, and B: All three girls already had experience working together in various courses made by Naruto and Tsunade, and C: Hinata is a female meaning there is less chance of something inappropriate happening to his sisters. 

" Team 8 will be Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, and Ino Yamanaka. "

Naruto understood the previous generation's Ino-Shika-Cho formation was very successful and that the village hoped to see that continue in the new generation. However, Naruto didn't think it would work very well at all. Ino was lazy and rude with no urge or will to train. Shikamaru was even lazier than Ino, and despite him being extremely talented, talent can't make up for hard work. Choji was probably in the best place of the three, he was willing to put in hard work, but he rarely did, instead preferring to eat or hang out with Shikamaru. In total Naruto thought the team had potential, but they'd need a strict teacher who would push them.

" Team 9 is still in circulation so team 10 will be Kiba Inuzuka, Oto Rin, and Yuna Takana ( Civilian ). "

Naruto was pretty surprised by that team, a clan heir put in with some new kid and a civilian. He supposed that Yuna was a pretty good scoring, hovering equal with Kiba, while Rin was observant if nothing else hinting at some level of skill. 

" Teams 11 and 12 are both in circulation so team 13 is Naruto Uzumaki, Shino Aburame, and Yakumo Kurama. All of your teachers will be here to pick you up soon. Good day to all of you and good luck I hope to see you all succeed in your dreams and ambitions. " 

All of the children shouted out a good bye to Iruka who grinned and seemed to let out a single tear. Naruto himself yelled out as well. 


Over the next few minutes most of teams were picked up by various jonin. Team 6 was picked up by a woman by the name of Kurenai Yuhi, she was someone Naruto respected a lot because she was able to reach a high rank specializing in Genjutsu which was an extremely difficult ninja art to master. Team 8 was picked up Asuma Sarutobi who was a pretty famous jonin, his skills with wind manipulation were claimed to be the best in Kononha. Team 10 was picked up by a jonin by the name of Hayate Gekko who was one of Konoha's few sword masters. Naruto was pretty familiar with him because he been healed by Tsunade a few times in order to cure his lung disease. 

After around an hour of waiting it was only teams 7 and 13 left, the two teams had been discussing who they think their teachers will be, or at least who they hoped they would be. Right as Naruto was about to pull out his notebook and start drawing the classroom door was ripped open by Tsunade who had her hair down and clothes slightly ruffled. She had clearly left the house in a hurry. `

" Team 13 you're with me. "

Naruto, Shino, and Yakumo all stood up and followed the busty blonde. 

" See you girls, hope your picked up soon. "

 " By Naruto good luck. "

" Bye Naruto, bye Shino. "

" See you both later. "

Team 13 followed after Tsunade who lead them to the roof of the school silently. Eventually Naruto could no longer hold his patience and had to ask. 

" So are you our teacher. " 

" Nope. " 

Before anymore elaboration was given Tsunade launched herself from the roof and left faster than any of the kids could follow, before Naruto could follow after her Shino grabbed his shoulder and pointed to a letter on the ground which was addressed to Team 13. 

" Alright, clearly this is part of the genin test. "

Yakumo who had been silent up till then spoke up in confusion. 

" What do you mean genin test? I thought we'd already done that. "

" The test we did was something easy to sift out the useless people. There is a more difficult test done by each new team's teacher, the tests are specialized and vary in difficulty. "

" Oh, then let's open the letter. Find out what our test is. "

Naruto who had already checked the letter for a chakra signal and found none nodded his head. Shino picked it up and opened it, he read for a second or two before flipping the note around and showing his teammates a bunch of jumbled letters. 

" Well, it's clearly coded. Have either of you get experience with decoding? "

To Shino's question Naruto shook his head, but Yakumo surprisingly nodded yes.

" I do, this is one of our villages basic codes. It was invented around 70 years ago. It's been out of popularity for years, obviously that's because it was unlocked by enemy villages pretty quickly. Give me a minute or two and I should have this decoded. "

 Naruto and Shino nodded their heads, clearly impressed by Yakumo's knowledge with decoding. It was exactly two minutes later that the decoded note was written down in Naruto's notebook that he had lent to Yakumo so she could write it down. 

" Okay, the note says " Team 13, you have 5 hours from 13:00 P.M. to complete your mission. You must locate the safe house in the middle of the village, pick up the information packet and deliver it to me at training ground 13. The safe house is green with brown trim and it's neighbors are yellow and orange. "

Okay, it seems pretty cut and dry. From most of the books I've read on secret messages it will usually have multiple layers to up the difficulty of decoding. "

" Well, it is just a genin test. Anyway, we need to rush, we only have 5 hours, or four considering how long it took Tsunade to pick us up. "

Naruto was kind of worried when he though about having less than 4 hours. 

" We shouldn't even take the time limit into consideration. It will just stress us out and prevent us from giving this mission our all. We need to be quick, efficient, and skillful to make sure we pass this test well. "

" Well said Shino, let's go!"


It was surprisingly easy to find the safe house. Apparently there weren't many green-colored houses with yellow and orange neighbors, let alone in the middle of the village. The house seemed nondescript at first glance, however using a pair of chakra binoculars one could see that the house is strategically reinforced. The windows were multilayered except for the attic window which was basic retail grade pane. The outside paint was chakra infused paint, which prevents ninja from using the wall-walking technique to scale the walls of villages, or bases. 4 I couldn't think of a good way to interject this so I'll add it here; chakra infused paint is made by literally infusing paint with chakra. It cannot prevent skilled ninja from scaling walls, but it does stop cannon fodder. Naruto was the one who took the lead, he would be the one able to sense any fuinjutsu traps, and he had the most experience sneaking around avoiding traps (from the Forest of Death with it's many poisonous plants and various other death traps). 

Shino and Yakumo settled on a roof on the opposite side of the road, they were both using ninja-grade binoculars; ninja binoculars had a variety of functions that could be activated when chakra was inserted into them. Zoom in and out, pick up heat signatures through wood, and clay walls. Unfortunately, most metals and some types of rocks could block them. However, there was also a night vision function which was surprisingly high quality. Of course, there were jutsus that replicated most of those functions to an equal or better level. Unfortunately, they are very difficult to learn. 

Naruto's first course of action was to send a small burst of chakra that covered the entire house, this was a common method used by experienced fuinjutsu users to suss out any seals in the area, it was fairly crude but highly effective. The instant the burst covered the house Naruto picked up 15 different signals, 11 of them were on the outside of the house while the last four were inside. Naruto used hand signals to point out the amount of seals and their general locations to his teammates. Upon getting conformation back he moved in towards the house. 

He located all of the seals and identified them as trapping seals, the instant they are activated they would create a chakra barrier, it wasn't particularly tough, only hard enough to block one or two B-rank ninjutsu, Naruto himself had multiple methods to take it down; overloading it with chakra, deconstructing the seal itself, launching a ninjutsu at it, etc . . . Upon confirming that all of the seals were the same Naruto called for his soon-to-be teammates. It took only a couple seconds for them to jump down and land next to him, they carefully avoided anywhere Naruto pointed out as locations for seals. 

" Alright, there is nobody inside the houses or the neighbors. I don't sense anybody watching us, however I'm confident that our instructor and Tsunade are watching. "

" So where are the seals located in the house? "

" On the door, the attic window, the back door, and in one of the rooms, I assume the one holding our packet. Shino, can you send in your friends? "

" I have got this. " 

With his saying that the spiky haired boy dramatically waved his hand, unfortunately the bugs he sent out didn't have the best acceleration so the three pre-teens stood around awkwardly watching the swarm of bugs fly away. 

" . . . "

" It looked a lot better in my head. " 

" If you'd like I could make a genjutsu for you, that way you don't have to feel embarrassed. "

Shino could only stare forlornly at Yakumo. 


Despite the lack luster start Shino's bugs were extremely effective, not only could they suck the chakra out of the seals5 If you're asking why the team didn't send in Shino's bugs to begin with make sure you remember they are in a test. The are trying to show their individual skills as well as their teamwork. , they identified the non-chakra based traps, and they located the information packet. Surprisingly, Naruto was incorrect, the information packet was stored nondescript in a bookcase right in the front room, the room Naruto suspected held the packet was actually booby trapped to hell. It seems Naruto's instructor prepared for his skill with fuinjutsu and chakra sensing. 6 Another thing I couldn't think of a way to add to the story was that Shino used an Aburame only technique which allows them to share their vision with certain bugs.

After getting the information packet it was easy-peasy getting to the training ground they were supposed to meet their soon to be teacher at. When they got their they saw Tsunade talking to a man around her height holding a bo-staff. The man was mostly hidden by Tsunade so the kids couldn't identify him. Naruto, Shino, and Yakumo lined up side by side by side waiting to be addressed. 

" Naruto, Yakumo, Shino. I'd like you to meet your new teacher Sarutobi Hiruzen. "

With that the busty blonde moved to the side to show a smiling old man with short spiky white hair with a handsome goatee. His face was tan and hardened from many years of battle and sun, though the edges of his eyes showed smile lines likely from his recent years of life. The man opened his mouth to say something but his brand new blue-eyed blond haired student suddenly fell backwards from fainting. 

 

 


Sorry for the abrupt ending everybody, but I really wanted to get this chapter out and I figured this would be the best place to end it without writing another 7,000 words. Anyway, I would also like to apologize about the very late upload, my laptop is still broken and I can't write on my phone to save my life. I borrowed a laptop from a family member. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed, if the chapter seemed to have disconnected parts please excuse that, I tried to keep them lined up, I will expend on confusing parts in the future chapters. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11