Chapter 1: Fallen Wineart Matriarch
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tonight marks the great revolution of Dizion the Realm of Mortals against the Fierce Matriarch of Wineart, Tzar Fei. She, who once bore the revered nickname 'Light Aloft Celestial Heights', now had the infamous title of ferocity in her name, an eternal curse of a thousand souls who died from her greed and ruthlessness, and a million ablazed diziens raging to lock her very being inside a wooden coffin to be thrown out down into the Nobyss the Realm of Mukhas, Corpses and Spirits. These diziens pitifully and courageously dragged their crippled bodies and gripped rusty bloodied weapons fueled by their might tainted with resentments, fervor thirst for justice, patriotism, and agony in front of this devil who climbed up from Hell just to bring forth destruction in these once peaceful floating lands of Dizion. Before Wineart's burning Krimstone Palace, the diziens who finally united to an insurgency against the new enemy of humanity were roaring louder than the booming thunder, punching their fists and glimmering blades in harmony with the violent flashes of lightning across the sky. Thick ashen clouds rolled by but not a raindrop fell, only their sweats dropped and moisted the ground. Every dead body scattered were the last soldiers who tried to protect the Wineart Matriarch.  Not a single person was standing beside Tzar Fei; yet she still stood unwaveringly atop the hundred-step staircase, wearing the same indifferent countenance like the one she had when she commited inhumane sinful acts of evil and stood amidst their bloodbathed lands filled with swords and corpses. 

Tzar Fei the Fierce Matriarch of Wineart was known for one, her invasion of two nations wherein she killed both of their reigning kings; two, for selfishly and forcibly collecting the pieces of Truth Inscription from every nation, each of which provided support for their nature's life force, that resulted in some major trajedy including the fall of airships into the immeasurable depth of this abyss beneath their own realm. Everybody would agree that she's as chill as the moonlight of a winter night and as hard as narra tree when a hurricane hits the day. Her constituents highly regarded their monarch as an untouchable figure from the Heavens, brought upon by the love of gods for the seemingly everlasting unity of diziens with each other. On the first year, Tzar Fei had every roads paved and economy boosted, topping among the five nations of Dizion; on the second, the whole Wineart had its crime rate reduced by ninety percent and academies of swordlocks- fighters who use 'magic by the blade'- tripled; on the third year, nobody lived in poverty and none of Wineart diziens died from demonic attack of a mukha, a nonhuman creature hiding within the flames of Nobyss. She was also the most skilled when it comes to swordlock and brute-taming, a renowned figure among fighters, and in spite of her status as a monarch, she never merged politics with martialock world. Though people had persuaded her to stay in Krimstone Palace and leave the thing with evil mukha or even diziens, she persisted, stubbornly refused to sit when an enemy had its feet on her territory and persisted to lead exorcisms against hard-to-control evil spirits and beasts. Other than that, her spiritual power could be described as a bottomless well. Her inner force, which was her own fuel to use magic and cast incantations, almost never ran out that others were close to believing that she might truly be an immortal. Though her ethereal face and noble demeanour had the appearance of someone people wouldn't want to mess with, back then, she actually served as Wineart children's shield against mukhas who tried to harm them. During these times, the people of Wineart had no regrets, often looking back to her majestic enthronement on the brilliant and rich opening of spring. That time, the fluffy white cotton clouds parted and its golden sun father greeted them 'hello'; spring flowers bloomed, and the sweet scent of plum blossoms drifted along the cool breeze. In front of Krimstone Palace assembled the officials and well known families of their kingdom, for the daughter of the deceased king would finally be enthroned. Drums thumped louder in harmony with the elegance and magnificence of the imperial dancers consisted of Wineart's beauties, the art of magic shows that lighted the celebration made the scene livelier, and most importantly, the scarlet veil of their princess slowly being unfolded before their eyes almost set the entirety of this court's hearts frozen. That time, Tzar Fei gripped the flagpole of Wineart's totem as if her life relied on it. Eyes gold yet cold, her back was as firm as her words when she declared, "I, Tzar Fei, promises to protect this land of ours and serve you, my people, wholeheartedly with all my might. The blood and sweat of Dizion heroes who fought for our freedom and safety will be paid off. Walk with me in traversing grasses and mud; whether the glass we step on shatter into shards of pain, I'll lead you. Lets pave our path towards the peak of hope. Become my shield and I'll wield our blades winking of golden lining." 

An oath fulfilled would be comparable to a dream attained even when awake. So young yet so auspicious. The people broke into a clamor of worshippers exalting their deity; Tzar Fei won their hearts. Even the birds wanted to flap their wings and sprinkle multicolored glitters around the court, to scream their support and join the overflowing hope and happiness. Her wise and remarkable beginning left the best impression among the diziens. Lots of those from other kingdoms wanted to migrate the longer her ruling extended. However, best days weren't meant to last. After who knows how many visits to another kingdom named Auteal, she reportedly killed the king of this place. This led to a domino of conflict between nations, confusion and hesitance among the people, and an overall speck of mud to her pure reputation. It was silent for quite a while. What followed forth were rather worse, her takeover of Auteal, the disappearance of Fierystal Kingdom's healers, and her sudden interest for the Truth Inscription. But what followed forth were rather worse than that, her invasion of another kingdom named Rillows, and the imbalance of natural forces in the five lands of Dizion. These happened in a blink of an eye; unforeseen and almost unbelievable. That golden lining was smeared of rust, dark and dirty, dysfunctional. 

Who once stood almighty with brimming glory of morning, showering in people's love and respect, was now facing the joined forces of people she had wronged; from those who got slammed by the fluttering hems of her silk raiment, up to the swordlocks who lost an eye, a limb or two, down to the ones whose families got slaughtered one by one or all at once. Like how nobody could measure her thoughts, mood, and intention, not a single person could also gauge the thickness of her face and the density of her pride. To still be able to show up before the people who were willing to give it their all in the name of their fallen comrades must've taken so much strength and bravery. Despite the absence of any elemental lining, her feet remained glued to the ground. After tens of rounds of howls and curses against her existence, they fell deathly silent. The other party had her mouth shut; no word came out of her mouth. This lady desperately clinging to that tiny piece of probability that she'd win had nothing at all, anymore. Even that long sword that took countless lives by her command was taken away, probably to be exhibited at a museum for future diziens to see and study. Her closest allies had been long pale, perhaps rotten when the dawn came. The enemy was defeated. Blood shed but it came only from one person. They said that Tzar Fei was the villainess of the current diziens' life stories. She was like a cat who's beyond ready to dug her paws on her masters' neck at any given moment, believing to be a tiger but was nothing more than a kitten.

Speaking of kitten, Yumi, a healer from Fierystal Kingdom who spent the entire revolutionary night waiting for a bloodshed who never came, was jolted awake by this kitten who shamelessly sat on her face. The sun was high up in the sky. It had been a week since she got assigned with that duty of standing by and waiting for possible injured Fierystal diziens. However, none of the revolutionary people came back with their intestines dangling out of their stomachs; so her staying up the whole night was nugatory after all. Yumi never had the chance to witness the death of the Fierce Matriarch; but knowing that Tzar Fei really was gone, she could only rejoice with her countrymen. The rain poured the next morning after that long evening, and she unconsciously slept on the roadside. Instead of dying from a lost arrow or sword, she nearly suffocated when a muddy white kitten sat on her face. Not only that, upon rubbing her eyes, she was thunderstruck to see that the kitty had three furry tails, and oddly enough, it could talk. It's voice was small and cute, and it would just retort to 'meow' when sensing another person coming. The kitty was a mukha, a strangely cute mukha, and a lonely one. She thought that it must've been hungry, given that diziens were afraid of mukhas, so she took and carried it along. Who knew that this little one was this shameless? It clung to her ever since then. From Wineart, she hid it in her rattan basket throughout their journey back to her hometown, Fierystal. Of course, nothing comes free at this point in time; regardless if its a Dizien or a mukha, it'd pay a service or something else in return. Thus, as a payment for all the expensive milk Yumi let it drink, it became her alarm clock and stress reliever. To wake her up, it would sit on her face until she won't be able to inhale anymore air. To relieve her stress from curing people, it needed to play with her and walk back and forth on her back. It had quite the temper, so Yumi found it hilarious to annoy the hell out of this aloof snowy ball of fur. And lastly, the agreement between her and this adopted being came with name-calling. Kitty Kuu- the kitten hated Yumi's way of naming but it had no choice. On the other hand, it would be calling her 'Milord', which was another strike to the three-tailed cat. 

Kitty Kuu was hungry for its milk, so it was slapping the hell out of Yumi's face and scratching her chest. It had been a rough trip, considering how she always got the worst end of everything in their guild. Here in Fierystal, Yumi's apartment and ration of food were the smallest. The guild of healers and medical alchemists mostly consisted of elders, and she was the youngest; they would excuse that older men require a consistent source of nutrients, that a young girl like her would survive with enough food. But she asked for it. For her, to save lives demands nothing in return. 

Yumi got up from her good-for-one-person folding bed and stretched out her arm to take the milk box on her desk; however, as she lifted it, the box was empty. For a moment, her heart felt as if crumpled by a frozen hand. They were still in the middle of the month, yet Kitty Kuu already consumed the milk she bought when they first met. She furtively glanced sideways to the kitten whose innocent eyes were fixed at her and probed her pocket for silver coins; it was empty as well. Kitty Kuu seemed rather annoyed now, so Yumi placed it in her rattan bag and hastily left her room to borrow some silver coins. She sauntered along the hallways and floor full of the whitest white color possible, as if the entire guild was afraid of any other colors. A tall man hampered her way at the entrance, rashly grabbed her arm and swept her wavy hair from shoulders, revealing the guild's insignia pinned on the azure fabric in her chest, then seized her basket. His tone assertive and arrogant, "You! What are you hiding there?" 

This sent shivers down her spine. She wordlessly tugged and placed it behind her back. "No!" Her soft voice, rather than hostile, sounded more cute and unthreatening, so the man didn't flinch at all. He snorted and was about to snatch it again when the sound of clamor approaching near the entrance became louder. Both of them sidestepped and waited for the group to arrive. Later, an old woman leading a noble young man in lilac and some escorts following them. When their eyes met, the anxiousness in Yumi only got worse. She gulped the remaining juices in her mouth while her heart thumped in fright. How could she not? First and foremost, this old woman was the archhealer of their guild, Ah Ling; and heavens know how much this woman hated her to the very core of its being. Most importantly, this noble young master was none other than the brother of Fierystal tyrant, Qian Jiro. She had never got this close with any high ranked official before, so this was unexpected. Archhealer Ah Ling had her wrinkled brows furrowed, but Qian Jiro's smile went up to his ears. The former rolled her eyes and proceeded towards the main hall. As they walked away, Yumi noticed the dangling amethyst-adorned pouch of Qian Jiro next to the hilt of the sword in his left waist. And as someone whose status was lower than a beggar at this point, she wouldn't pass an opportunity to maybe get some silver. While her senior Ah Ling was busy chatting, she trailed behind the prince and silently poked his arm. She murmured, "Milord, Second Prince Jiro. I.. Can I borrow three silver coins?" Of course, she couldn't directly say that she's asking without an assurance of return, but it should do. Qian Jiro halted and gave her a smile once more. He tilted his body and reached out to his left waist, which made Yumi clasp her hands in advanced gratitude. However, his hand probed past the pouch and grasped straight to the hilt. They were stuck frozen on the spot. Yumi hadn't yet said anything when the tip of his sword flew right at the basket in her hold. The blade penetrated through opposite sides. Simultaneously as the prince concluded, "Empty"; she fell to the ground and yelped, "Kuu!"

By the word 'empty', Yumi exchanged glances with Qian Jiro. The latter 'hmm-ed'', "Kuu? So there's really something inside that basket?" 

Ah Ling chimed in and kicked the basket across the hall. "You trash, why do you keep pestering people? Get lost!"

Just then, Yumi relaxed as she felt the furry ball in her loose sleeves, hugging her arm. She heaved a sigh of relief and stood up to bow at them. "I'm sorry." Then she rapt the broken basket and hurriedly dashed away. Before she existed, a bump of cloth-covered coins slid between her feet. She picked it up; the prince really gave her the whole pouch of silver coins. Her eyes became watery, and Qian Jiro seemed not fond of it. He turned around, sheated his sword and idly waved his hand. "Kuu must've been so valuable, my wrong. That's my payment."

Kitty Kuu wasn't the one to be deprecated. Of course, this white being whose mantra phrased 'austery is beauty' was none other than the infamous thief of territories, the one whose soul transmigrated into a mukha's body right after she died, Tzar Fei. Though she wasn't harmed at the very least, Yumi nevertheless cried out and embraced the kitten as if she was hugging a fragment of her soul. Fei was suffocating from being stuffed between her new master's ample bosom. Recalling the previous life, nobody held her like this before; so perhaps stealing a cat's body wasn't that bad after all. Besides, she could use Yumi in any way that she wanted. This girl was the exact opposite of her: fragile, weak, crybaby, tender, pathetic, broke, compassionate, an overall good person, a healer, living across on the other side of her world. The milk she drank tasted like shit merely because it came from Jiro's silver coins. However, Yumi went through all the trouble just to feed her today, so she swallowed her pride. Well, for the time being, she wasn't Tzar Fei anyway but a kitten ridiculously named Kitty Kuu. 

After Yumi's little drama, the kitten Fei was placed on a new basket. This time, it had a variety of flowers and fruits, so it could hide beneath the petals, always coming along with anyone barely noticing. As they got back, Ah Ling and Qian Jiro were there sitting at the bench in front of the establishment. People flocked to gush over the oh-so-handsome second prince of Fierystal. He truly looked god-sent, from the calm look on his pitch-black eyes to his neat and clean mauve robes layered with silver armor, the long sword dangling at his left waist, to his dignified and composed bearing. It was attractively hot and manly, and the girls, both the Healers' Guild workers and passerbys, old and young, appeared like bees who just spotted a lush flower emitting an alluring strong scent. To Yumi, Qian Jiro was a wealthy nobleman, the son of a king, so she only thought it was normal and didn't bother to stop at all. She gradually passed by them, the gratitude was said, her basket had been paid, and her business with this prince should've been long over. Though she was really grateful for the silver coins, it didn't seem to much of a loss for him; the palace had lots of them on a stockpile, obscured from public view, perhaps in a storage apartment. Carrying the new basket with Kuu in arms, her joy was genuine and bright as she sauntered towards to the entrance; not until Ah Ling called her from behind, then cold sweat began rolling down her face again. Her archhealer gestured at her to come up, and she stood frozen in front of them. Ah Ling handed her a red suitcase and stated, "You, you'll be going to Auteal Kingdom with Second Prince Qian Jiro."

The prince had his arms crossed on the side, glanced once at her basket, and didn't say anything. He wasn't cold, only serious and indifferent; he really had nothing to say. In fact, he got swayed by an evil presence and thus became too reckless a while ago; he made such a show. On the contrary though, this young healer before him wore an all smiles right after hearing that she'd be traveling with him to Auteal. This girl had tamed and soft features, her almond eyes squinting every other sentences made her innocent face more kinder, and everytime she moved her face, a pair of dimples would appear, dimples as deep as ocean, and under the su light, her place checks had hints of pinkish blush. She was like a white lotus amidst a thorn filled pond; incomparably pure. When she met eyes with him, her grin went higher and brighter, much of a luminescence than the sun iteself. Another figure flashed in his mind, and thinking about it, he confirmed that she was absolutely the perfect healer to bring with him to Auteal. Upon coming back to his senses, he retracted his gaze and swiped the nonexistent wrinkles in his clothes.  

After the instructions were given, Yumi went back to her apartment, packed her clothes, those few pieces of azure robes that she had just yet rested inside her wooden closet, then soaked herself into a warm bath. For aside from the season being summer, Auteal was said to have a hotter climate and atmosphere. She also weaved a black cloth particularly for Kitty Kuu. It had white crescent pattern on the right side and a group of three stars on the left. There was no way its three tails could be hidden, so she let it be, low-key wishing that Auteal people were open to mukha pets. Early afternoon, when she completely prepared her belongings together, Ah Ling knocked on her door. Opening it meant getting bombarded by insulting words, yet nonetheless, she did and got it right. The old archhealer was gritting her teeth in exasperation. "What's taking you so long? You damn young brat!! How many times have I told you to move faster and…" Her tongue abruptly stopped talking, but her eyes widened and pierced beyond Yumi who tried so hard to block the sight of her elder, thinking that it surely was none other than Kitty Kuu's three tails. She was about to open her mouth to explain when Ah Ling spoke first and blurted, "You impure woman! Who is the father?"

1