Chapter 9 – Getting caught is… relieving?
731 22 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 – Getting caught is… relieving?

Michael went pale when he noticed that the person had stopped right in front of her hiding spot. How could they find her this quickly? Or more importantly… how was it that anybody knew that she was hiding here? Even she only hid here because it seemed like a good hiding spot. And Michael didn’t even know where she was, so how could someone else know that? She was getting really confused by that, but she simply sat where she was and didn’t move even a single bit.

This though, seemed to annoy the person even more, as they once again started telling Michael to come out. “Oh come on… are you stupid Michael? I know that you’re hiding in there so just come out or I am going to get your computer and make junk out of it!”

Hearing that, Michael realized who it was and his eyes widened, first with realization and then in anger as that person told her what they would do. How could they dare saying that they were going to trash her computer! Nobody was allowed to do that! That was unacceptable! Michael forgot the situation she was in for a moment. With noticeable anger she came out of the bushes she was hiding in and confronted the person in front of her.

“Don’t you dare doing that Luke! Or I am going to destroy your Computer too! And your Smartphone!” The person that threatened to destroy her computer, was her brother Luke. Although Threatening to destroy Michael’s Computer was kind of a standard threat for him, Michael still got angry at this and said the same thing to him in return. That’s how it always was. This time though, instead of continuing their bickering, Luke simply stood there, flabbergasted at what he was seeing in front of him. Michael too, stood there, simply staring at her brother, because she just noticed what she had done.

The two of them simply stood there for some time, staring at each other. After a while, Luke cleared his throat and asked, while checking Michael from top to bottom. “So… uhm… Are you… Michael? Like are you Michael for real? I mean I know that you were hiding here… but I didn’t expect to find you… like this”

“Huh… of course it’s me, you dumbass brother of mine. Who else would reply to you like that? … Though I can kind of get why you’re reacting like this…” Michael’s body started tensing up. She realized what situation she was in. Everything that would happen from here on out, relied on whether her brother would accept her like this or not. If he did, Michael could get some help from her. If not, then she would be pretty much doomed to get through this alone. Her eyes became a bit distant at that thought. She hated being alone. She didn’t want to feel lonely. She needed someone to give her hold, who would accept and support her, or else she would quickly grow tired of things.

To her relief though, it seemed like she worried over nothing, because Luke simply told her “I really didn’t expect to find out that my brother suddenly became a girl. But judging by the state of your clothes, you had some trouble. Damn, this explains why we couldn’t find you over these last four weeks! Ehm… sorry, that was wrong. Only a week has passed since you disappeared. For now, let’s go home and give you something actually decent to wear!”

It felt like a load had been taken off her shoulders. A load, she didn’t even know was there. Michael felt like everything would be alright now. That she didn’t have to worry about anything anymore. Trying to take a step towards her brother, her legs became weak. She slumped onto the ground and started to silently cry.

With worry in his voice, Luke asked Michael “Hey Michael… what’s wrong? Why did you suddenly start crying like that? Hey… come on… everything is fine.” He wanted towards her and touched her shoulder in a reassuring way.

Although Michael wanted to respond, she couldn’t. She felt like, if she tried speaking now, she would start bawling like a little child. Instead she silently sat on the ground, tears running across her face. Suddenly, her brother grabbed her shoulder a bit tighter and pulled her into an embrace.

“Shhh. Everything is fine. It’s going to be alright. Nothing will happen to you. You will be okay.” He wanted to ease her worries with this. Michael returned the hug, buried her head in her brother’s chest and started bawling like a little child, despite trying not to do that just a few moments ago. But she just couldn’t supress it anymore. Not when her brother was showing her so much kindness. She simply sat there and let it all out. Everything she either ignored or tried to supress since waking up in the forest. She still didn’t say anything, she simply cried. And her brother accepted it. He held her in his arms and caressed her head softly.

It felt good to be able to let everything out. To not be denied after she became like this. It made her feel like she didn’t have to endure this alone and it made her extremely grateful. And slowly, she started to relax in her brother’s arms. She hadn’t felt like this in, what felt like an eternity to her. So comfortable and secure.

It took a while, but bit by bit, Michael regained some semblance of composure. She stopped bawling her eyes out on her brother’s chest, ruining his shirt and her tears slowly stopped flowing as well. When she felt like having regained enough composure to hold a conversation again she asked Luke “Uhm… D… Luke… where are we? Can… Can we go… home? I want to go… home. I don’t… don’t want to be… here anymore. I want my bed.”

“Sure we can. Are you alright again? Can you walk? And you know… of course we will go home. That’s what I came to get you for in the first place. Not going home after I searched for you for so long isn’t even an option. You would just manage to piss me off with that.”

“Hehe…” Michael managed to bring out a weak laugh at that comment. She felt way better, now that she had let it all out. With a bit of help from her brother, she managed to stand up again. She wanted to get back home. And with Luke at her side to support her, she was sure that she would get there very fast now. Then again, she still didn’t know where they were right now, nor did she know how her brother had found her, so she decided to ask him.

“Hey Luke… uhm can I ask you something? How did you find me? And where actually are we? I have no idea where we are right now… I just somehow ended up here.”

“Oh..uh..yeah! We’re actually not all that far away from home. It’s only about 15 kilometres. We’re actually a bit in the middle of nowhere though, so it’s no real wonder that you don’t know where we are. Even I have never been here before I went out to look for you. Come, let’s go home! I will show you the way!” With these words, Luke grabbed Michael’s hand and started leading her into the direction he had come from.

Michael was overjoyed. Finally, she would reach her home! She would be able to lie down in her bed, close her eyes and simply forget about everything for a while. What came afterwards though, was something she didn’t care about right now. The only thing she had on her mind, was, to reach home. With that on her mind, instead of her brother pulling her, it was soon her that dragged him along. She couldn’t wait to get him and became faster and faster, impatience clearly visible in her movements.

“I know you’re getting impatient Michael… but I think you should try to slow down a bit. Your… below is becoming visible. I can see your butt right now.” with these word, Luke pulled Michael out of her excitement. In a matter of seconds, her face became beet-red. She had completely forgotten about the fact that her privates would be visible if she moved too fast! This was extremely embarrassing! As quickly as she could, Michael let go of Luke’s hand and covered herself, nearly tripping and falling down. She barely managed not to fall and she even did it while still keeping her private parts covered. Now all she had to do, to not let this happen again, was to slow her pace down by quite a bit. Albeit unwilling, she had to if she didn’t want to risk this again.

“Y..you didn’t see anything!...right?” Michael asked her brother.

“Sure, sure… I didn’t see your naked butt at all. I’ve not seen it. Not even a single bit of your cheeks.” Luke replied teasingly, a grin visible on his face. It was obvious that he was making fun of her. And it was also obvious that he had fun doing so.

“Shut up, you idiot!” Michael snapped back at Luke, in a playful angry voice. “I won’t talk to you again until we reach home!”

“Yeah, I am sure you won’t… Oh are you actually puffing your cheeks now? How cute!” Luke still had a big grin spanning across his face. He seemed to really enjoy teasing Michael.

“The only thing I’m doing right now, is head-butting you, you dumbass!”

Like this, their bickering continued, when Michael suddenly remembered something. “Hey, one second… Luke you didn’t answer my other question yet! How did you actually find me? When you called out to me, it seemed like you knew exactly where I was. So? How did you do that?”

At this, Luke grimaced. It seemed like he really didn’t want to answer this question. “Well… let’s just say… through trial and error. I looked here and there for you… in a radius around our home. I slowly expanded the area I searched in… and let’s just say that after reviewing the last time around I noticed a few hints, so I decided to go after them this time.”

“Huh… so you searched quite a bit for me huh… well I am thankful that you did… at least I am certain to safely reach home now!” Although Michael was a bit confused about what her brother meant with ‘this time’ and ‘last time’, she decided to not bother with it, since he had found her after all. And that was, what was important after all.

“Michael? I wouldn’t be so sure about that ‘safely’ part right now though. There are people coming into our direction. There, in front of us. Can you see them?” Luke brought Michael back to reality with these few words. Her eyes went wide. She still had no desire to be seen by anybody while looking like this. She had to find a hiding spot and quickly at that. The people coming towards them, were quite fast. It seemed like they were jogging or something. To her dismay though, the two of them had reached a part on their way back, where no trees or something similar, to hide behind was.

“Shit! How am I going to hide out here in the open! Help me out here Luke! I don’t want to be seen like this!” In her rising panic, she reached out to her brother for help. He was her last ray of hope right now.

Sadly, though, even he wasn’t much of a help. “Sorry… but I can’t see anywhere for you to hide. The only place, where you could hide, would be behind me. And even then, they could still see you while walking past us. So there is nothing we can really do about this.” A slight smile signalled, that He was sorry about this.

 

Hey again! It's me again, your author! I hope you had as much fun reading this chapter, as I had fun writing it! The chapter is once again about 2000 words long. Tell me what you think about it! Who of you expected the person to be our Protagonists brother? To those who did: congrats! you deserve a cookie! To those who didn't: You also deserve a cookie!

If you feel like chatting with me and stuff, think about joining my new discord server: https://discord.gg/yaWgSgg

And thanks to my supporter: Ritsuka Morgan

25