Chapter 10 – Going home is… crazy?
1.1k 18 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 – Going home is… crazy?

Though it wouldn’t help much, hiding behind Luke was Michaels best option right now. And that was exactly what she did. Although she wouldn’t be able to completely hide herself, it would at allow her, to at least hide some part of herself. Hopefully, that part would be, how little she was wearing, especially down below. She slowed down even more, so she was behind her brother. Luke just gave her a weird look, but didn’t say anything about what she was doing and simply continued walking.

When they came near the group of people that came into their direction, Michael automatically tried to avoid looking at them. She knew that she wasn’t really hidden behind her brother and she didn’t want to see those people looking at her while she was like this. Not seeing it was better than seeing them and their reactions in her opinion. Though, there was one thing she was forced to notice. It was their bickering and laughter upon spotting her behind Luke. They obviously seemed to find it hilarious to see someone walk around in such an exposing getup.

Once again, Michael’s face became beet-red. While she knew that this would come, it was still extremely embarrassing when it happened. As soon as she heard the laughter behind her, Michael quickened, so she would be slightly in front of her brother and as much out of the groups sight as possible. When she finally couldn’t hear them anymore, she finally lifted her head, her face still beet-red, again.

“Don’t ever… and I mean ever mention anything of this, understand?!” She said to Luke, with a little bit of panic in her voice. She knew that this was something, that her brother would be able to tease her with, for the rest of her life. And she also knew that he would go for it, if the chance ever presented itself. That’s why she told him to never mention it again, even though she knew that he would do so regardless.

“As if I would do that. I’m not that kind of person at all. I’m disappointed, that you of all people would think like that of me.” Luke replied with a wide grin on his face. It was obvious that he was just making fun of Michael. She just decided to ignore it and simply put on a pouty face, too lazy to argue about it.

Michael turned her attention back on the way. Since they met those people, she wanted to get home even faster. So she once again sped up a bit, even while taking care to not show her below to her brother. She was getting increasingly impatient with each passing step. She was exhausted in both body and mind. She just wanted to lie down and fall asleep. That’s everything that was on her mind right now.

She was thrown out of her thoughts by Luke soon enough though. “Stop! You’re walking into a wrong direction there Michael! We have to turn towards this direction!” Luke shouted at her. It seemed that they had reached a crossroad unbeknownst to her. “Where the heck where you with your thoughts huh? You’ve been walking while looking straight ahead, without paying attention to a single thing around you, you know? We’ve already reached halfway back to our home by now! It won’t take that much longer until we reach home… Well if you want to go that way it will take much longer though. That’s the way towards an entirely different town you know?”

“Huh? Uh… when did we reach a crossroad Luke? I didn’t notice at all…” that was the only thing Michael could say right now. She had indeed completely forgotten about everything else. She didn’t even recognise where they were right now. So it seemed like she hadn’t paid attention to her surroundings for quite a while.

And Michael became quite shocked at the next thing her brother told her. “You know… you didn’t even notice when we walked past some people about… maybe ten minutes ago? That old couple was quite shocked when they saw you. They asked you if everything was alright and you… you simply ignored them and walked past them. I had to explain that everything was fine in your stead. Earned me quite the weird looks. You owe me a meal now and not just a cheap one!”

Michael didn’t even notice that they had passed some more people! She hadn’t cared about anything at all! She became furious. How many times would she have to endure stuff like that again today! She had enough! She wanted all of this to be over and she needed to reach her home for that! But how could she reach home faster? Suddenly her head grew hot and at the same time an idea appeared in her mind. She started grinning because it was such a good one. “Hey Luke… do you trust me?” She asked her brother.

“Uhh… I’m not sure I should if you ask like that” Luke replied, visibly confused. He seemed to dislike the grin on Michaels face, since he grimaced when seeing that and getting asked such a question.

“Oh come on Luke! I have a great idea to reach our destination way faster! We don’t even have to walk much for it! Come on! Let’s do it!” Michael’s voice carried an increasingly dangerous tone to it and she didn’t even seem to notice it. “Come on! Let’s just use my power and fly home! We will be there in a matter of minutes! Trust me Luke! Come!”

“Can… can we not just simply walk instead? I think that’s a safer option… you don’t even really know how it works right? And you know? You’re kind of scaring me right now.” Michael didn’t understand. Why didn’t Luke trust her? Weren’t they siblings? They were! That’s why her brother had to! He had to! After all, she could get them home really fast! …If he didn’t trust her words… maybe she should just take him and show what she meant! That would certainly help!

When Michael started talking again, Luke’s eyes became wide. Michael didn’t understand why Luke would act like this. Wasn’t he very caring for her not too long ago? Why was he acting so scared all of a sudden? Maybe she had to be the one to reassure him this time around!

She opened her mouth to tell him about what it was that she planned on doing and became a bit surprised. Her voice sounded different from what she remembered. It was almost guttural. But that wasn’t important right now… she had to take Luke with her anyway so she just had to tell him that! “HhhEyY LUke! CoOoMe oOon! Hehe… LEt’Sssss justTt huUuuRrrYyy hoOome!

As she was saying this, her eyes met Luke’s. She noticed hesitation in him and she could smell something from him. What was this? It seemed weird. But also… kind of attracting. Well, if Luke hesitated like this she had to force him! Michael crouched down and leapt at Luke. He didn’t even have any time to try and evade when she reached his head and clasped it.

The next thing that happened, was that the two of them were flying towards the sky. In delight, Michael flapped her wings, while taking care not to drop her precious brother. He would certainly die after all! Wait, since when did she wings? Or were they always a part of her? Michael felt like it wasn’t really important and threw those thought away again. Instead she decided to fly higher up into the sky and she let out happy howls while doing so. Flying was fun so how couldn’t she enjoy it like this?

Michael looked at her brother to see, whether he was enjoying himself too here in the air.  She got confused though, as all she could see, was fear in her beloved brother’s eyes. That was weird. Why wasn’t he enjoying this? …Maybe she had to fly faster! Yeah that had to be it! She grabbed harder onto Luke, flapped her wings strongly and started to speed up.

It was such a liberating feeling! Michael could go on like this forever! She felt like she ruled over the sky! Relishing in this fascinating moment for a bit, Michael began looking around herself. She didn’t forget. She still wanted to go home no matter what! She could get home now. Very fast even. Nothing could hold her down. Not a single person would be able to slow her down here!

Her eyes quickly darted around, searching for her destination. Her Home. It took a while, but at least she managed to spot, what looked like the roof of their house in the far distance. She became even more excited. She sped up even more to reach it even faster. Her grin became even wider. How couldn’t she become more and more overjoyed? After all she was about to reach home! The one thing she had longer for all this time! It wouldn’t take much longer now!

Michael’s home came nearer and nearer. Just as she reached it and was about to land behind it, the weight in her arms was suddenly gone. She looked down only to see that Luke was missing! Where had he gone? He had just been there a moment ago! How could he have disappeared all of a sudden?

Michael looked around frantically. She jumped aside when she suddenly felt something approaching her from behind. Turning around, she stood across her brother, his hand held up. It seemed like he wanted to hit her. But why? Why did he want to do that? All she did was helping them reach home faster! Then why did Luke react like this? He should be happy about it!

Suddenly her eyes widened. Luke had disappeared again. Just how was he doing that? Michael put her guard up. She was expecting him to do the same thing again. And she was right. She once again felt him approaching from behind and she retaliated while uttering a guttural growl. She flapped one of her wings backwards to distract him and turned around, catching his fist while doing so. Next, she pulled her brother towards herself and kicked into his guts. Or at least she planned to, because Luke suddenly wasn’t pulled towards her anymore, but was swinging his fist at her instead.

Defending was not something she could do right now. After all, she was in the middle of kicking him, so the hit connected. It hit her straight in the face and knocked her back. She let out a yelp and fell to the ground. She tried to jump up again but found out she couldn’t move a single muscle. Not even breathing was possible, but she didn’t run out of air either. And she saw her breather, kneeling before her and touching her head. Weirdly though, she didn’t feel him touching her.

She still tried to move with every ounce of strength she had inside her. After several minutes though, she noticed how futile her efforts where and gave up. Now she quickly started calming down. Bit by bit her sanity came back to her. And slowly she became capable of moving again. Looking at her brother, she saw a sad look on his face.

In a still guttural voice she asked him “WhaAaT haaAS hApPenneed tOoo mEE LuUukE?!” tears began gathering in her eyes. She was utterly shocked by what she had just done. She didn’t know how she had done it and she didn’t understand why she had done this either. Before she could burst into tears though, she heard her brother talk to her in a weak voice

”I am sorry about this Michael. I really didn’t want to do this.”

HuUh? WhaAat dOo YoUu MeAnn yOu’RRE sOrrY?” was all, Michael managed to utter before everything around her went black.

 

Hey there! Sorry, this chapter was supposed to be released yesterday, but i was unable to finish it ^^'... anyway i hope you liked this chapter (which is once again around 2000 words long)! Please tell me what you think of it (and our little protag going bonkers ;D).

If you feel like chatting with me and stuff, think about joining my new discord server: https://discord.gg/yaWgSgg

And thanks to my supporter: Ritsuka Morgan

21