1- A demon of goodwill
2.2k 25 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

They gave him food and let him sleep in their shelter. The children there asked him to play and he was never happier, but they also told him that for whatever he took he should give something in return, and thus they asked him to do chores, cooking, and getting errands.

But, something was wrong for the boy, he was the only one paying for his joy. The rest... just enjoyed looking at him paying, enjoyed looking at his hands washing dishes, enjoyed watching him wash the filters of the air conditioners or the black long car of the orphanage keeper, as if he was somehow, different? Lower than them? Or even, a bad person?

Slowly the boy got a hint, that maybe, just maybe, his friends weren't really friends. It happened to him once, it happened to him that one of his friends took the love of the sister that was supposed to be his, and took it forcefully... 

The kids asked him to dance, in the dining hall, in front of everyone, even the sisters, even the orphanage keeper... and he refused.

"Yea, that must be hard, sorry," one of the boys said, showing a smile. The boy was blond and blue-eyed, his nose a little bit, and wasn't a good looking guy, at least for the boy. But the girls, somehow, liked him. Maybe because he was a good, kind person. After all, he accepted the boy's refusal.

Or that what the boy only thought. Soon enough, when they finished dining, the boy was pulled into the backyard. Where there were no sisters or any adult, only the boys who wanted to play, only those, and just those.

The playful children formed a circle, and in its center, the boy was pushed into the grass, green, smooth, bright grass. 

The boy forced a smile, his eyelids creased brokenly as his eyes narrowed. The boy he had thought was good, for some reason had just pushed him. It didn't hurt, nothing would hurt, and the pain was something he had never felt. But his heart wasn't as strong as his body, not at all.

"Why didn't you follow my orders?" The blond boy asked, his face skin wrinkling in anger showing how ugly his frickles would be if he was frustrated.

The boy was punched, kicked, in every place, even in his balls... it didn't hurt. But his heart cramped. And slowly a sparkle of rage glossed on his eyes, his nose creased, and his forehead and just as he stood, he punched the blond boy, in the jaw, burying him into the wall beside the back door.

It was one punch, that ended everything.

… … … … 

The blond boy was the orphanage keeper's son. He was eleven, healthy, sociable, and a leader in nature. And many other fabricated lies the boy heard when he ran through the corridors of the orphanage. The place had a hotel internal structure, while a church outer appearance. Lovely, big, but full of stories. 

The sisters were looking for him, and he ran away with nothing on his mind, a locked bathroom wouldn't do anything for him this time. The lamps hanged where the walls and the ceiling met suddenly alighted white, shining as electricity ran through them

"Why are you running? come we need to talk." no name, he was never called by his name. Maybe he never had a name to begin with.

The boy rounded a corner and ran, reached the outside, the cloudy sky rained on his head. Behind him were small talks. He looked around, looked for a place to hide, and just by his side, the corner of the door, the silent corridor where no one usually passed through, called for him.

The boy sat at the corner, hidden from the people on the adjacent corridor, but also able to hear them clearly.

"The son of the keeper was hospitalized," a priestess said in the exterior corridor. The rain dropped on his head, but never their. There was a wood-made cover that extended above that corridor. This would help him not getting caught, they wouldn't just walk on a rain wetted corridor.

"True, I heard that too, it seems both of his jaws were broken," another priestess replied, "Two jaws and his ribcage crashed with the wall."

A kid passed by "I saw it, sister, he was the son of satan. He shouldn't be here, I don't want to sleep in the same room with him."

The son of satan? So the boy was the bad one. The sister never stood beside him when the freckled boy robbed him of his love, no one stood beside him and told him he was right. He was alone. But the keeper wasn't as bad as his son. He always smiled at the boy and sometimes... sometimes he even hugged him. The keeper was really his beloved dad.

And as he thought of that, a figure appeared by the corner, looking at him with narrowed eyes. Eyes that for sure, weren't happy.

"What are you doing here?" The orphan keeper asked. "I was looking for you. Come with me." the keeper pulled his hand.

The keeper gently pulled him up, walked him past the priestesses who only stared blankly at the boy, some even covered their mouths with their hands, showing grief, but fear as well. He was a relative to satan after all.

The keeper took him out of the orphanage. A little walk passed, and in a nearby alley the keeper squatted in front of the kid, "trust me, I'm taking you to a better place," said the keeper as he blindfolded him. Then they walked. 

The boy didn't know what to do, or how to act. He hadn't been out many times before, maybe thrice at most. He trusted the keeper, trusted the warmth of his hand, and with short steps, walked along, far from the rain, protected by the umbrella the keeper held.

"Sit here." The boy heard a dragging of a box, wooden box maybe. And the boy was led to sit there.

"I'm coming soon, don't leave this place," the keeper said, then his footsteps faded slowly. 

... ... ... ...

Hours passed by, a few rays of light passed through the fabric that covered his eyes, he wasn't asleep, he was waiting. Not long later the sky got cloudy and the sudden change of weather triggered him to remove the blindfold. A pair of glowing blue pupils moved around, it still wasn't night, but the alley seemed narrow and its walls seemed high, the small light at its end allured him. But he was bound by a promise and stayed there, and hours passed. In friction of time, his stomach growled and he walked to the head of the alley, his box creaking behind him. at the head of the alley, the street wasn't so crowded, but few couples were walking under a shared umbrella, he placed the box and sat on it. The keeper might miss the right alley so it was better for him to sit there. A few minutes later two water drops fell on his cheeks, he looked at the sky and another drop fell on his eye, he blinked. He remembered when the orphan kids said when a raindrop fall in your eye it means good luck is going to come. His lips slightly curled up, yes the keeper should be coming soon. time passed and the rain got stronger, his box moved slightly due to the wind. A stormy night was taking place. 

"Such a naughty breeze," a girl said, he lifted his head, another couple under an umbrella.

"It likes to move my skirt," the girl said, her face pink and her pair of eyes focused on her man's lips, "Take me to a near hotel, I'm scared," the girl added. The guy noticed him, lowered the umbrella to cover his face, and continued his way.

The road got empty, the lights on the shops turned red, cars stopped and naked women got out and entered the shops. He stayed still, waiting for the keeper to come back. 

The sun slowly rose behind the buildings and with them, the cars moved again. When the naked girls entered the car they were somehow pissed…

The rain stopped, his head somehow blurred, and so his eyes… and as time passed a bark flooded lights into his eyes and a couple of blue pupils observed the surroundings again.

"Oh such an adorable kid," a woman was taken by his glowing eyes, "we shouldn't take him, our dog's expenses are already enough," the husband argued. And the woman was pulled away. The clouds returned to their places and the rays weakened. In no time rain returned to drop on his eyes, but his belief in luck began running low.

"Who should I eat? all of them look delicious," Three red eyes illuminated before him, a black dog, talking leisurely as it stared on the passers-by. Its eyes then flexed on a little girl walking with her mom. The boy extended his arm and tried to talk "a-" his tongue moved wrong. He swallowed his saliva and moved his lips again, "D- don't eat her," the boy said and the three illuminating red eyes looked at him.

"Can you see me?" The dog asked. The boy gave a positive gesture.

"What a rare occurrence," said the dog and looked the girl direction, "I'm hungry, want to take her place?" The dog approached, "You don't right? in the first place, you should be thankful, I'm reducing the humans who threw you here by one." the dog giggled.

"What?" the boy asked.

"They threw you here, deaf?" The dog became a few hairs away from his face. "You are homeless, you should eat some humans as well. else you wouldn't live without food." Hearing these, the child no longer could hold his hand, he punched the dog's face and the dog flew two streets reaching the other side of the road, exactly the door where the naked girls got out from. The dog stayed on the ground, a man got out of the door, looked right and left and when he saw no one he got back and closed the door again.

Few hours passed and the dog moved, it looked at the boy and Ran away.

The rain didn't stop and his stomach growled again.

He is coming soon, the boy believed. and another day came in, the boy fell asleep, and when woke the rain was already there welcoming him. 

His lips dry, the boy opened his mouth to the sky, but the rain kept entering his eyes as if the rain tried to tell him to wait for a little longer. 

"Okay," the boy answered the rain… And in a few hours. The boy’s eyes blurred and he was taken by sleep. 

"Hey boy..." his head trembled with two pats.

"Take these."

The boy opened his eyes, a bottle of water, and a small sandwich was before his box. 

"Mr…" no he wasn't Mr. keeper. He was an old man, one of his eyes covered with a gray fabric and his other eye was illuminating red. The old man was tall and in good shape, his shoulders broad and his body seemed healthy. The boy noticed how the old man's hair moved behind his back.

"Boy, what are you doing here?" The old man asked.

"I'm waiting." 

"For your family?"

The boy nodded yes. The old man covered his face with one hand as he gave a sigh.

"I hope you see them soon," said the old man, and before he took his way the boy smiled into him, genuine smile with his eyes flexing "Yes, they will come soon."

And a day passed by.

Another plate was put before his box.

"Did they appear?" The old man asked. The boy lifted his head, his smile faint but genuine "Not yet."

"How old are you?" the old man asked. 

"ten."

"I see," the old man said as he took his way…

Another day passed… and the boy awoke upon the sound of the plate getting pushed in…

"Humans are such cruel beings." Said the old man as he stood again.

"They throw such innocent children in the street, and no other human picks them up."

The boy didn't even lift his head.

"Hey boy, is there anyone coming for you," the old man asked amidst the rain. The boy never lifted his face, he was scared of the rain, he was scared that the rain would deceive him again and tell him to wait…

"N-" his voice trembled, it shouldn't contain his sadness, he shouldn't look pathetic, "No sir, no one is coming..."

"I see," the man said as he squatted…

"What's your name?" The old man asked patting his head, however, the boy didn't answer, the boy trembled, and after a few seconds, "I forgot it," said the boy, "I was never called by my name, and I forgot it."

The old man patted his head again.

"Then your name is Ray. Because, amidst the rain, You look as bright as the sun… Ray." The boy still didn't lift his head…

"Ray," the old man called, and in a few moments the boy said: "Y- yes."

"Won't you be this old demon's son?" Hearing that the boy's eyes widened, and he lifted his head, both of his tears and the rain flowing, the boy said

"I will."

Important note

Ahm Ahm... Hmm what to say...

I'm a noob, I wish to write something I won't get tired of and I wish you don't get tired too. Please do read the following note, It's really Important.

Ray is a story that I thought of because of a dream... But I liked the idea. I studied plotting and story structure for a few months now. I ended with an outline of an external plot and internal conflict... Ray is a good boy, you need to explore his character, so it will take some time for you to understand the overarching plot and the protagonist's flaws.

But!

Put in mind that all of the plot points are outlined, the story will only get better, but only for the people who enjoy slow-building stories with lots of character interactions... 

Then, Why I'm telling you this?

Well, even though this story isn't for everyone, but it's for some people... I will keep writing it and keep it going up smoothly... But I really need your help with that.

If you want to help me with anything I will be extremely grateful if you hit my direct messages and send me a lesson.

If you feel like the story deserves a 5- stars rating, then please rate it! The story needs your rating especially now, while it's still growing.

I will be extremely thankful if you pressed the favorite icon in each chapter and added the story to your library.

Whenever you like a chapter tell me why you liked it, I want to know what people like.

Lot's of Love,

Regards,

HastaLavista.

 

81