23- CHANGE- The Rare Existence Known As A Ghost
481 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Don't forget to favorite the chapter and add the story to your library.

Enjoy!

It was a day of life. On that day Ray and his parents entered Sheria Mall, the biggest mall in Sheria. They bought clothes, drank soft drinks, and after a fast crispy lunch Ray tried the pranking ice-cream maker who kept leaping the ice-cream wafer cup away from him… It might have been a blood pressure raiser for an adult, but for Ray, it was an amazing joy.

And now, after getting out of the mall, and walking under the cool afternoon breeze, Ray stopped in front of them as he met his friend Rayan.

"How are you?" Ray asked.

"Nothing new, talking with whoever passes from here and staring at the people in this area," Rayan replied, sighed and added, "I wish I can drink something or at least smoke."

"Yea, it looks pissing. It's no wonder you have a short temper."

As Ray completed this Rayan flexed his eyes annoyed, "I'm not short-tempered."

"Yea, I know I was joking."

"Then, Ray, are those your parents?" Said Rayan pointing at Marshal.

"Is Rayan your name?" Marshal asked.

"Yes, we decided his name together and became friends," Ray answered.

"Good communication skills you have there," Rozalia smiled as she looked at Ray, and added, "I believe your friends are Emily, Marie, Samir, and now with Rayan you have four."

Marshal looked at Rayan his eye flexing on him, "They aren't working on this building anymore, right?"

"Yea, since I woke till now, no one approached it," Rayan replied.

The old man looked at Ray and asked him if he wanted to stay here. Ray looked at Rayan and excused himself as this was his last day with Rozalia.

"Take care," said Rayan, waving at him.

On their way Marshal glanced at Rozalia and Rozalia gripped Ray's hand.

"Is Rayan a good friend?" She asked.

"Yes, he's kind and always ask me be warry," Ray looked at her eyes, "I to get him out of the building."

Rozalia didn't answer for a second, she moved her lips but pulled back. However Marshal pinched her waist, she pouted her face at him and looked at Ray again.

"I don't think its a good idea."

"Why?" Ray inquired.

"You know Rayan is a ghost," thinking this was s sufficient explanation Rozalia stopped but as she found Ray clueless she added, "do you know what a ghost is?"

Rat gave a negative gesture.

"You know, a ghost is a human who has nobody. He either lost his body by death or magic. The problem is ghosts are very Rare because in order to become a ghost you need to have a powerful mana system. Which means you need to be an amazingly talented person."

Rozalia only said part od the conditions because she thought that pushing too much information at once might complicate the subject.

Ray's eyes widened, and a smile broke ear to ear on his face, "so he's a human that can see demons like me!"

Ray was thrilled, he looked down muttering "I need to get him out of the building, we will work together and become cool partners."

For Ray it was a joy to find a similar human, Rozalia understood enough and knew that one day Ray might choose to go somewhere with humans similar to him, maybe mages organization or academy… or worse, he might be deceived into becoming the archmage of one of the great kingdoms.

But for now, at least for now, she needed to protect him while he was still clueless.

"You know, the problem is that ghosts are emotionally unstable. They are usually attached to places, things, or people that they can't afford to lose. And when they lose those things, they become berserk and start chaos. Ghosts can't die unless all of their mana is drained so killing them is way too difficult..."

Ray still didn't understand.

"die?" He asked, his eyelids piling up.

Rozalia started getting sweaty, she looked around, looked at Marshal who was pretending to look away, "useless," she said at Marshal but he said nothing in return.

She looked back at Ray,

"If Rayan happens to lose his place, he will go berserk and cause severe damage to the city and the people in. So, I think it's better to keep yourself away from him and not trying to get him out."

Ray, didn't shift his stare or look down, he just asked the old man, "dad, really?"

"Yea, really."

Ray looked down, his chest tightened. Rayan was his friend, he was a human as well, one who could see what normal people couldn't. Rayan didn't remember what or how he was, and he didn't even know his current self.

Getting berserk and causing chaos over losing the place he wished to leave… was so absurd. It was so absurd that it wasn't as sad as it was pathetic. Because what Rayan wished for was to leave that building.

Ray asked his parents to wait for him, he sprung toward Rayan, and with his fast legs, he reached him in less than a minute.

"Rayan!" He shouted.

"What dear friend?"

"You won't lose yourself to this building right?"

Rayan rose one eyebrow, a bit surprised, "lose myself? Why?"

"Even though you're attached to this place, you want to leave it. So don't cause a problem when you get out."

"Are stupid Ray?" Rayan lied on the fence, his elbow against the fence assisting his head, "I look forward to the day I will leave this place. Why should I cause problems? Do you think I'm a criminal or something?"

"So you won't hurt people or damage buildings?"

"Of course I won't!" He shouted and a vein popped up his forehead.

"With your short-temper I'm sure you will."

"You want to pick a fight or something?"

"No, I was joking," Ray giggled, "then see you later," Ray said, turned around, and sprung back to his parents.

As he reached them he said, "No problem, Rayan won't cause any problems."

"Really?" Asked Rozalia.

"Yes, he told me that."

Rozalia found it hard to tell Ray that it's not something you can control, it was hard to break Ray's hope, his sad face wasn't so unpleasant. She looked at Marshal.

Marshal gave off a sigh and said: "if you are saying that he won't cause any troubles, then I'm trusting your words."

"Is that fine Marsi?" Asked Rozalia.

"Yea."

And they went Back home.

32