31- CHANGE- The Boy Who Can’t Be Cut
324 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sara couldn't hold her breath anymore, she felt that her heart shrank and as if her lungs were filled with a sticky gummy liquid, she coughed and dropped on her knees and gradually lost her consciousness.

Fraudy- the fat guy- lunged to her and asked the other two guys: "What had just happened!?"

His voice was loud and sharp.

To his response, one of the Men, Markley, jumped into him and grabbed his lips together to close his mouth, "Shut up! The children might wake." 

Fraudy wasn't the strongest personality in the crew. He had just snapped at them unconsciously and he knew the children wouldn't wake from mere yelling. But when Markley's personality overpowered his, he swallowed his saliva as he looked at the gun Markley had on the belt of his trousers.

"We don't know what happened, maybe she got scared, Just take her to bed and let her, rest," said Elmar with both of his eyes looking at the fallen Sara.

"What about the data?" Said Markley, "We need to send the confirmation in less than an hour."

"Don't worry, I will do that," Elmar added instantly.

Elmar remembered when he asked Sara to work with them, he expected her to hesitate, to struggle, and at least to try to run away like the girl that worked here before her.

But Sara wasn't a hesitant person she accepted easily and in a short period, she was able to work by herself in the dissection room. 

So he wasn't as cool as he looked like when she fell in front of him. He looked at the bag she looked at before falling…

Had she known this child?

It wasn't hard for him to think like that… But if she had a family she wouldn't have been kidnapped before. And shouldn't have been offered this job, if she was adopted she would only be killed. This job was only offered to those who had no relatives. Because if things got a little bit suspicious, all of them would be executed.

Had she known this child after getting assigned here? Or maybe she was hiding him... 

He didn't really know, but in any case, as long as this child was chosen for organs extracting there was no longer a way to save him.

After Fraudy took Sara, Markley threw one of the bags in the small underground cell and pulled the other bag toward the dissection room.

Meanwhile, Elmar was looking at the confirmation form he had to submit. He re-entered the same information he was given. The name of the children, their blood type, age and other personal information like their orphanage of origin.

And as he read he knew that this orphan came from the same orphanage Sara was in the Zee house. She must have known him from the orphanage, but that shouldn't be a problem for her, she didn't act like that when they got a few children that had the same origin last time.

Elmar, clicked on the other window on his computer and started attaching the picture he had taken with the kidnapped children as a confirmation, and with a few clicks, he sent the confirmation to the HQ.

"Have you finished?"

He turned his face, Markley was at the door of the dissection room, his look not as bold as before and by using his index to scratch his light undergrown cheek hair, he looked really troubled.

"Is there something wrong?" Elmar asked.

"It's about the needle," said as he rose the stainless steel needle they got from the storage, "I think the HQ sent us some bad needles this time."

"Why?" Elmar didn't understand.

Markley didn't know how to put this into words, he looked at the needle, it was as sharp as the others, and even if it wasn't sharp it should at least do a small part of its job.

He scratched his beard again as he shifted his stare, Elmar wasn't the type he wanted to make angry, he was the boss of this team and the only one who could see the HQ in person…

"What's up, Markley? Just spit it, I won't wait for you forever."

"Actually..." Markley looked at the needle again, it was huge and sharp, even its peak sparkled at that moment, but what had happened in the dissection room previous minutes was real as well…

"I tried so hard to penetrate his skin with this, but it just couldn't pass through his skin..."

"Haa?" Said Elmar flexing one of his eyes sarcastically.

"I'm telling the truth," Markley insisted from the door of the dissection room.

"You mean this needle," Elmar pointed at the needle, "is unable to penetrate his skin?"

Markley nodded yes.

"You aren't kidding?"

"No, not at all."

Elmar flexed the edge of his mouth a bit annoyed, he took a glance at his computer screen and saw that the form window shifted to a window that told him his form was submitted successfully.

He stood and walked up to Markley, at the door, he took the needle and entered. The boy was on the bed asleep, all of his limbs belted into the bed and around him a few tables full of dissection tableware.

He approached him, looked at the needle to check if the anesthetic is there, and after making sure of that he slowly pushed the needle against his forearm skin.

But it wasn't getting in, the skin was getting pushed down but didn't break.

He pushed it stronger… but nothing happened.

Markley beside him only stared and said nothing, but his look said enough of 'I told you.'

Elmar took pushed the needle against his own skin with ultimate care, and instantly blood dripped.

Markley widened his eyes, "the problem wasn't in the needle."

Even though he had witnessed it with his own eyes Markley had convinced himself that it was normal and the problem was with the needle. But now, after seeing the same needle able to easily cut through Elmar's skin, he knew better than no one, that the problem wasn't with the needle, but with the kid.

"Who's this kid?" Markley asked.

Elmar ignored this question, cleaned the needle with some fabric, and with a hammer, he took from the table, he hammered the needle against the kid's forearm, and with a snap, the needle broke.

They widened their eyes.

"We need to through him back," Markley instantly said but Elmar didn't exchange his thoughts.

Elmar now knew that this child wasn't a normal person, and he knew that in this world there were abnormalities he had never witnessed in all of his life.

This boy whose skin was unpenetrable by a needle might not be one of them, might be an extremely thick-skinned guy that he didn't think he would meet.

Elmar took the knife and stabbed the arm fiercely, but it stopped as if it had hit a diamond surface.

With a stronger hold, he stabbed the kid's chest, belly forehead, and even his neck… and he understood, this child wasn't a human-like them, he was linked to magic.

"Hey, Elmar I don't think that this child is normal at all. He might be a magician just like what you told us."

Yea and Elmar guessed that as well.

However, the HQ wouldn't say the same thing, they needed a daily amount of organs and they had to give them, in this dark world, it was easy to tell you that you were forgiven but then kill you when you would sleep.

He didn't want to pass by such a thing.

He looked at Markley, they had no poison. There was no way to enter this child's body…

But…

They had a few things to try from the storage.

"Markley," Elmar said.

"What?"

"I'm staying here to record a few videos with this child, I need proof for the headquarters. You go to the storage and get the chainsaw, and the cold saw..."

"The one that cuts metal?" After swallowing his saliva, Markley tried to ensure, and with a gesture from Elmar, he went to the storage.

After a few minutes, he came back with the cold saw.

25