33- Change- The Cop Who Forgives Anyone
613 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those eyes weren’t normal, their glow ate him, like a prey. Those pair of eyes when looked gave of words, gave off feelings, gave off questions. Just by being looked by those eyes Elmar was being questioned, and he understood that question well…

And he had to defend himself. He now ensured more than ever, that this boy was abnormal, there was no normal human with glowing eyes, no, not just glowing, but emitting questions.

Elmar slowly rose his hands as if he was being threatened with a gun.

"She has killed the man,"

Ray knew very well that that man lying there was no longer alive. He knew that because when he woke he wasn't far from the man and he could clearly see that there was a knife in his throat.

And if this man was saying the truth, then why did this woman kill him?

And why was he taken here… and most importantly…

His eyes glowed fiercely as he said,

"Where's Saimer?"

Ray was gripping on the ends of his T-Shirt, his eyes sharpened as he waited for the man to answer.

And the man could only point at the cell behind Ray,

"he's there."

Elmar hardly put up his smile, his heart was aching. It was his first time seeing a mage, he had just witnessed how solid a mage was, and he didn't think the boy would fall by a punch in the face… 

The opposite, his hand might break due to the punch.

Ray looked back, there was an opened cell, he slowly entered, looked around. In this empty cell, there was only a bag, he looked at the bag and found Saimer there, asleep and innocent.

And then Ray heard, the voice of that woman, "Please… anyone… save my little brother."

The voice was forced and tired, he turned around, the man was locking the cell with a key, the woman behind him crying and saying things he couldn't really understand… 

"Don't hurt him… he's… my… life..."

The woman was hallucinating, she wasn't awake but wasn't asleep either. She tried so hard to move but the most she could do was shaking her fingers.

A little brother… 

For sure there was no little alive person here beside him and Saimer, and he never had an older sister…

Even a boy like Ray, could understand, that this woman was trying to save Saimer, her younger brother.

"Why did you take us?" Ray asked staring at the man with his glowing eyes.

"Don't hate me kid, hate your country. It's forcing us to kidnap children and sell them to other countries..." The man went to the stairs, he decided to leave all of this and just report to the higher-ups.

But before he could move another step up, Ray pulled the door of the cell and broke its lock and hinges…

Elmar widened his eyes but he didn't forget to run, he moved two steps up and then felt something gripping his clothes…

"heh, So I will die," Elmar said, a faint laugh escaping his mouth.

He looked back to see the boy again, "why did you kidnap us?"

"What will you do if I tell you?" Elmar asked.

...

"I will punish you accordingly." Ray remembered the scum who raped and murdered his own daughter, he was a human, just like this man… And it was his duty to punish those who hurt innocent people.

"Are you a cop?" The man asked, sitting on one of the steps. "For sure cops need to punish bad people," he then added.

Elmar was a rational person, he was calm in front of Ray as much as he was in front of the gun Sara had held.

He knew at any second he might die. And he knew that the truth was better than any other excuse because deep down in his heart, he knew that he wasn't wrong either. He was a human, a weak normal human who knew nothing about magic, and he was threatened, if he didn't work he would die, just like the children he had killed all this time.

"You are a mage right?" The man asked. Ray wasn't quite familiar with magic, he knew that he was strong, but he wasn't able to create fire or make statues out of ice… He wasn't familiar at all.

"I don't know."

Elmar eyes widened a little, and then returned normal, he smiled, "I see so you are just a cop."

"Yes, something like that."

"Then, do you know that there are people as strong as you causing other weak people to fight for them?"

Elmar didn't know how strong Ray was, but he knew he wasn't a normal human like him. Elmar was pretty sure that Ray was a mage, that was the boundaries of his knowledge.

And as he heard that Archmages were able to summon meteors from the sky, he knew that this child for sure wasn't an archmage.

"Why?" Ray asked.

"I really don't know, they are just using normal humans to kill or to use their parts to help mages and their soldiers to live..." Elmar then told Ray the whole story, about Lavastan, and about Rubiana… But never mentioned anything about demons, because he had never been told anything about them.

And in half an hour, after hearing the story of the two kingdoms that ruled the world, he was asked, "So am I spared, or punished little cop?"

The man said,

"was that man also with you?" Said Ray pointing at the dead Markley…

Elmar nodded yes.

"What's about the woman?"

Elmar looked at Sara, her face returned to a healthy color and she was soud asleep. And Saimer had still not woken up and needed at least an hour to wake, which was pretty normal… The only abnormal person was this boy…

"No, she was kidnapped just like you."

Elmar never knew that Sara had a brother until recently. And if she had told him about that when she was kidnapped, she would have been killed for sure.

But now, if he was to die, he shouldn't take anyone extra with him. Because he excused himself, he had excused what Sara had done as well.

Ray looked at the man, his glowing eyes fainting slowly and in a few seconds returned to normal.

"Don't repeat it, mister," Ray said. "If you repeat it again, I'll need to kill you."

 Elmar's eyes widened for seconds and then he realized that the boy in front of him was a real child…

"You are no cop at all, you should be something else."

When Elmar said that he stood and walked up, but before he reached the ground floor he heard the boy, "mister I'm a cop. And will always stay a cop."

Elmar didn't look back and got out.

Ray held Saimer and took him toward his sister. And waited for them to wake up. In no long, Sara woke, and bolted up screaming her brother's name and then found him beside her.

She let her eyes flood and hugged her little brother so strong that he woke up.

"What's up sister?"

"It's nothing."

Looking at them from the stairs step Ray unconsciously smiled, and unconsciously missed the old man and Rozalia, longing for that hug again.

Ray slowly walked up, and at the last step he heard Sara saying: "Thank you Mr. Magician."

He smiled. Looking at the studio he noticed his phone on a desk. After taking it he heard Sara, she was there beside the stairs looking at him, 

"Thank you, you saved the person I live for."

Ray smiled, and after a few words Sara returned down looking after her little brother. Meanwhile, Ray got out.

It was an alley. Ray understood that within the alleys of Sheria there were many stories. 

He looked up. Most of the alley's lamps were broken so the stars were clear and beautiful in the sky.

So, he was told to find something else to do, again. 

He wasn't naturally a cop, even the criminal critisised his justice... 

It wasn't justice.

Even though he didn't know what it was, deep in his heart he knew it wasn't justice. It was far from the right thing to do.

He waited for Sara and Saimer to get out. And when the did, Sara asked him to come to their home and spend the night. Saimer was tired and sleepy so he wasn't strong enough to insist. But that wasn't the reason Ray had refused, it was because deep inside, Ray had wished to find his old man back in the house, waiting for him.

Ray rejected Sara's offer and after reaching the head of the alley he noticed that they weren't far from Zumrat. And because it was 4 in the morning, the taxes were extremely rare and the only ones there were the one that belonged to hotels and brothels.

They walked together to Zumrat, and there, they parted.

The sun had yet to rise and the streets were empty and quiet, between every a few building they would hear the sound of a party, but that means it was a cheap place with no good soundproof structure.

In this way, Sara was observing her brother's face, he was sleepy and cute, so cute that she hugged him in the middle of the street.

"What's up sister."

"I love you so much that I can't let you off."

Her brother was her life and happiness, she was so satisfied by touching his skin and kissing his cute face. She no longer felt hatred for her mother, she no longer felt a need for a dream or desire. She was just so satisfied with a life her little brother smiled in.

And then it began. 

"Sister, do you hear this voice?" 

"What voice?"

Saimer pushed his sister and walked aimlessly, "Someone is calling me… she needs my help. I need to save her."

"What are you saying Saimer, are you still asleep. Come sleep on your sister's chest, you will sleep faster this way."

She said a joke, but Saimer never heard it. Saimer looked around and suddenly looked at the other side of the street, "she's there," he muttered as he ran crossing the road.

Then Sara widened her eyes, her brother crossed the road without checking for cars! He was weird, she needed to hold his hand.

She ran after him, but then a truck stopped her. When the truck passed she moved to the other side, looked around, and then spotted her little brother taking a turn at the corner of a road.

She ran after him, and as she turned Saimer wasn't there.

She called for him as she ran. She inspected every alley she passed by…

And then, stopping by one alley, she spotted two red eyes, illuminating faintly as she hugged into a child.

The woman looked so normal and beautiful, she looked feverish and horny and she only wore a strange type of black bikini that so thin…

But that wasn't what made Sara part her lips, it was the fallen children around that woman…

And without even looking at her, the woman was sucking into the lips of a child, that was with no doubt, her little brother Saimer.

Before she could even scream or yell at the woman, the woman left the boy's lips with a heavy 'boing sound' and Saimer fell to the ground, with no weight or life, only skin on bone.

And feeling refreshed the woman feverishly laughed, "aaaah! Nothing beats the life of little children…"

Sara with both of her eyes dead, dropped on her knees and crawled toward her brother to find even his eyeballs falling out of their place.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Sara screamed to the sky, and with a hit of the tail of the demon, she flew away, tumbling through the street and breaking into a wall. Broken and no longer conscious she dropped on the ground.

"What a disrespectful human! Not kneeling before a high succubus."

The succubus looked at today’s feast and felt satisfied, then disappeared into the sky, feeling happy that she found a place no other high demon occupied.

..........

The next day. Ray found out.


How are you?

How was the chapter, hope it was enjoyable. I'm outlining the second arc while writing these parts so I'm slowing down a bit.

Don't forget to favorite and add the story to your library. 

Lots of love.


22