Ch4: Boss Drop
89 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 [ Boss Drop ]

Year 2112, The world's mostly acknowledge and famous company VENTURE have developed the first ever VRMMORPG Re-Al also known as Rebirth Alternative Online.

Currently, the game was in it's beta testing stage with 500 random lucky people chosen to try the game. Soon, the 6th month deadline is approaching and the virtual gears are scheduled to be released along with the start of the game next year.

Among those lucky beta testers was a pair of siblings.

---------------------------

Eden slumped to the ground, her knees going weak in exhaustion.

" Ugh... finally we did it... "

After 20 deaths in the REAL mode, they have finally defeated the Merchant. She was thankful that this is just a Beta test and the developers have tweaked a bit to make the beta users don't lose their exp. It would be hard to progress if they would lose their experience everytime they are killed and then, they wouldn't be able to explore much the game to it's fullest.

Even now, they haven't manage to treat the 20% of the game. That high school beta tester from Japan have only manage to progress to 15% which the other beta testers and Eden herself thought to be sick and monstrous. That said high school student really have a monstrous adaption ability... Other beta testers have often joked that it feels like that he was a protagonist of a virtual reality game novel.

Through they often joked about that guy, In truth they were scared and secretly afraid of his progress, how much someone like a normal high school boy with no virtual experience other than this game to progress that much?

Eden also felt envious of that guy...

She sighed as she tried to not think of such negative thoughts. But then, her bastard brother decided to interrupt her moment.

" Idiot sister, get up! "

Eden can feel a bubble of anger rise up within her. She wanted to beat up this scum bastard until he turn into a mince meat. Still, she stand up and does her best cheerful smile and giddy naive attitude. She really likes seeing how her 'dear brother' (ugh... She wanted to vomit.. she really hated using that word)  become riled up and angered.

It was an open secret between them that the two siblings dislike each other very much. As for her brother, she was certain that he hated her when she was brought in this world. She was after all the product of her mother and their father.

" So.. brother did the boss drop something? "

Still, they didn't let the other people know their hate at each other and keep the pretentious loving and caring siblings in front of their parents and friends. With her close friend being aware of her dislike towards her brother. Eden doesn't know if it was the same case for her brother. But, who cares about the life of that bastard?

" Yeah. "

As she heard the confirmation. Eden perked up and dragged herself closer to her brother and the slowly disintegrating into the light boss corpse.

" What is it? "

She asked curiously but it was futile for her as she can't see the other's screen and windows at all. Her brother is really greedy and selfish. He have instantly took all of the drops. She hoped that there are some drops for the Launcher Class; or maybe, the Ranger Class would do.

While Eden was busy dreaming over her new equipments, Ellan speak with a calm tone.

" He dropped his pants. " He says.

This wasn't an information that she expected to hear.

" P-Pardon? " Eden spluttered. She turned her gaze toward her brother who have a serious expression.

" The boss 'Merchant' have dropped a few good items including his pants. "

" You're joking right? "

How would even the boss drop his pants? If that is really is....then the Game Developers are too much!! She didn't need that kind of too much effort and detail in a virtual game!

Unconsciously, Eden's eyes trailed towards the merchant's corpse hesitantly. There, she saw the merchant with pants...on.

Eden blushed as she glared at her brother and ignored that very little measly bit of disappointment within her subconscious mind.

" Bastard! You're leading me on!! How dare you to deceive me?! "

Ellan smirked, raising his chin he gaze at her condescendingly.

" What a pervert. "

Eden glared at her smug brother and give him the middle finger.

A few minutes later, Ellan have told Eden the merchant's item drops. A crossbow called ''Ash Ember", A summoning contract which have a 15% chance to summon a middle tiered demon, A light shield that went by the name of  "Weight of Mountain",  a pair of pistols called "Abyss Flare" and a map of a village along with the merchant's pants that was labeled as a copy.

Unfortunately, there is no drop for her launcher class. Even the Launcher Class did belong to the Ranger Class as it was a subtype class, she can't use the bow. Launcher Classes can only use hand cannon as their weapons.

As if reading her thoughts, Ellan smiled patronizing and patted her shoulder showing an expression of 'pity'.

" Don't worry, you can have the merchant's pants. "

She glared. " As if I need that useless thing!! "

" Aren't you 'curious' about it earlier? "

Eden stomped her foot and she immediately summoned her weapon in her storage inventory pointing the mouth of her hand cannon at the very close proximity– at her bastard brother's smug face.

" I would freaking kill you if you didn't stop. "

" You have enough huh? Finally lose the bitch attitude of you Sis? "

Ellan smiled and patted her head. Eden have finally enough.

[ Friendly Fire: On ]

" Go die. I don't need a bastard brother like you. "

She smiled and reloaded her hand cannon.

[ Flamethrower Activated ]

bright and hot red orange flames spouted out of her hand cannon.

[ Critical Hit 100% ]

[ You Killed Player Knight Elegance ]

[ Infamy Raise to 10 ]

« Knight Elegance: You *****! »

Eden look down at the charred and burning corpse that was slowly disintegrating to light. She smirked and reloaded her hand cannon again just in case.

« Knight Elegance: eh... How about we talk about a bit? Surely you didn't need to do this right? I really don't want to revive in a resurrection town since it was too far away. »

Eden didn't reply in the chat still pointing her hand cannon in the corpse on the ground.

« Knight Elegance: I would give you all of the items!! »

« Blast works: Can it be eaten? We are just beta testers.. After the six month period all of the items would disappear again. I have no used in the items. »

« Knight Elegance: Then..how about..I would give you a 20% percent amount of the money that I would earn in selling information about the game? »

« Blast works: 50% »

« Knight Elegance: (middle finger emoji) »

Eden pointed out her hand cannon directly at her brother's face. She also also kicked the disintegrating corpse but immediately winced in pain when her feet collided with the armor.

« Knight Elegance: 30% and that's final. »

Eden smirked and she summoned back her hand cannon in her item inventory box. She waited for her brother to be resurrected. Thankfully, resurrection outside of the resurrection spots are allowed during the beta testing. But this feature is only available during the beta test and would immediately disappear after the testing are finished. Players can only resurrect in the towns and dungeon resurrection zones. There was also another way. Like someone in the Cleric Class having the [Revive] skill and be resurrected by them.

When Ellan was resurrected, he glared at Eden who look so smug.

‘ Bitch, I would destroy that smug face of yours and I would fucking throw you into a volcano repeatedly. ’

" Anyway, 'Dear brother'....can you pass me the items pretty please? "

Eden smiled innocently as she tried to act cute. Inside his mind, Ellan gagged and pulled his face into a disgusted expression.

" Sure...you can have them but I would take my new shield. "

" That's fine. "

[ Knight Elegance want to trade with you.

Accept
Reject  ]

Eden accepted the offer and she quickly browse through the items with a gleeful smile and greedy eyes.

" Idiot sister, let's go back to the town now. "

" Wait! "

" What? We have already finished the quest. Let's go back to the town now and turn in the quest to the NPC. "

" Aren't we going to study the map? "

" What ma– Ah, right ...The boss have indeed dropped some map. "

Eden nodded her head happily.

" I want to take a look! I'm curious. "

" How about we turn in the quest first? I'm sure that there's still time for that. But let's end our game today after we turn in the quest. "

Eden summoned her hand cannon.

" Idiot sister. "

" There are only 3 days before the 6 month deadline approaches and our beta test would end. "

" We can do it tomorrow. "

" I want it now! "

Eden whined while also managing to reload her hand cannon again. Ellan sighed. He would never understand how his little sister mind works. She was back in her bitch attitude again.

" Whatever. "

Eden glared.

" Take a look at the map now. "

" Okay~ "

Eden cheerfully replied and went to take out the map from her inventory box. Ellan stared at her with his best unamused expression. She was mental. He was certain of it. Why did he even have a little sister like her in the first place? She must be in her period. Ellan thought. Then, his face scrunched up in disgust on the very horrifying imagery.

" Oi, finish now? " He called out. " Anything interesting? Finish observing the map? "

" Not yet... Wait... Right, I'm finish. "

Eden says as she frowned and glared at the map. For five minutes, Ellan watched his little sister raise the map and let the moonlight lit the map as if waiting for some important secret to be revealed. She also turned it to upside down, fold it like a crane and put her hand to block her left eye and posted like some delusional chuunibyou.

Ellan sighed and went forward to whack his sister in the head.

" Aw! That hurts, you bastard! "

" Idiot... you are reducing the durability of the map. Obviously, you don't know how to read the map. "

Eden gritted her teeth.

" Stupid Virtual Reality!! Why do the devs need to be so detailed!?! "

Eden whined while she passed the map to Ellan. The latter look at the map and says..

" Well.."

" What?! "

" Hmm.. Looks like this location is just here inside the forest. "

" Really? "

" Yes. Now...I decided that we would turn in our quest letter and I am now interested in looking for this place. I'm certain that this place is important for the boss to drop the map of location of this place. "

Eden pumped up her fist in excitement.

" Let's go....Let's go to the place idiot sister. We can go and sell this information when the beta test ended. And maybe we would gain more as we go to that place. "

" Yes! "

----------------------------

Outside of the village, Noah stares at the night sky and the dark clouds dispassionately. His golden eyes were cast in sadness while he sat in a cold and unimpressive gray stone.

Around him, he was surrounded by an array of different gray stones. He was currently at the top of the hill which was very near their village.

The village are covered in fog, just like the bottom of this hill. Noah doesn't feel cold nor warm. In fact, he feels nothing. He never feels so empty and hollow until that stranger arrived in the village.

Noah, was currently 12 years old. It's been 5 years since then... Since that stranger arrived.

Everyone was deceived by his facade. Including him. And look, at the results... Everyone was fooled and tainted and fell to the effects of the curse.

Even him... But there was something different from him.

He was still here while all of them died. Including his parents.

Soon, Noah watched as the clouds parted, revealing the full bright moon. It illuminated the surroundings. Including him and the gray unassuming tombstone where he was currently sitting right now.

[ Here, Lies a voracious and greedy child,

Fooled just like everyone else..

Promised to be something normal but still great by the devil,

Like a foolish sheep, he believe

Curse descend, Dreams destroyed..

Selfish son,

Noah Aster ]

Noah sighed as the tombstone was illuminated along with his near transparent body.

1