Ch5: Law of Isekai
71 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: The Law of Isekai


In this place, she is nothing. 


She was just a small and tiny weeny bit of thing.


In this place, she was nothing great. But just one of the lowest lifeforms.


Mepthys raised her head, but she immediately lowered them. She has no right to look. Mepthys was currently feeling afraid and ashamed. 


With her legs clasped together and knees bent, Mepthys was in prostrating position while her hands are in her back bund by cuffs and chains.


" Mepthys of the Underworld. Goddess of Afterlife. Deity of Arcell Civilization and One of the many deities responsible for the death and life of mortal souls. Mepthys, you are accused of several sins and breaking divine laws. "


Zeus, the King of Gods of Olympus says. Mepthys trembled as she didn't dare to look at him and the other Gods who was watching the events of her divine judgement.


" Do you plead yourself as guilty? "


Reluctantly, Mepthys nodded her head. 


She regretted it. 


Mepthys regretted her carelessness and clumsiness and meeting that scary and horrible immortal.


In the end, her sin was still discovered.


And now, she would await her divine judgement.


Zeus sighed as he stare at the newly sanctioned goddess.


" Raise your head. "


Mepthys obeyed. As she stared at him, she felt so weak and nervous. She wondered what would happen to her. What would her punishment is?


She knows that she have sinned.


She knows that she felt scared.


One minutes..


Few minutes..


An hour...


And half a day have passed in this place.


She was still kneeling and awaiting for her punishment. But, Zeus was still staring at her.


Slowly, Mepthys fear diminished. It was being replace by a building annoyance and impatience within her.


" Umm... Supreme God Zeus? "


Hesitantly, she had spoken while feeling unsure and uncertain outside. But inside of her, Mepthys was slowly growing suspicious.


" Hmmmm... What is it? "


" Supreme God Zeus, my punishment.. aren't you going to punish me yet for my Sin? "


" Punish? How courageous! "


Zeus exclaimed from his seat and Mepthys are starting to feel afraid again.


" I never expected you to be so Kinky! You have a domination kink? Well, well.. I never thought that a great and beautiful girl like you would be so 'impure'.  "


Huh.. He was joking right? 


Mepthys didn't hear the Supreme God Zeus say some words that she didn't expected right?


This was an illusion! A byproduct of her delusion because she was feeling scared of her punishment!


Mepthys glance around the other Gods who look so amused while the other look so pissed. (The Great Goddess Hera looks like she have drank something so sour.)


God Dionysus have passed something to Sun Wukong who looks so happy. 


" I win the bet! "


Yama on the other hand was looking disapprovingly of Zeus behavior.


No, it wasn't an illusion. 


Mepthys sighed unconsciously.


" Zeus! If I see you flirting with that lowly woman one more time I would castrate you and see how would you still use your —— !! "


Mepthys felt embarrassed while Zeus look so pale.


" Right... Her punishment..." Zeus says. " Now, let's see.. According to the Law of Isekai 101. Predating the popularity of Japanese nationals transporting to another world..such as the world of sword and magic.. there have been instances where mortal people would be transported to another world. A few examples of this mortals include a girl named Alice, a girl named Dorothy with her dog Toto and let's not forget how she insta killed an evil bi– I mean a witch with her house.. And there's many many examples of such individuals being transported to another world."


Zeus look at her before continuing on reading an important book.


" So let's see and what sins have you disobeyed so I can go back and flirt– "


" ZEUS!! "


" I mean..so I can go back to my job as the chief of Olympus... According to the book, Killing a mortal accidentally is a taboo and illegal. For the punishment of this sin, you would be buried in debt just like the other foolish gods who have interfere with the fated death of the mortal. There was also the sin of having to caught a certain idiotic disease that cause many gods and goddesses to become so foolish and grant them a wish as a way of apologizing and reincarnate them to another world. There was also those gods and goddesses who would summon a mortal or a group of mortals who would request them to save a certain world from evil, monsters, demon lord and etc. "


Some gods and goddesses that was in the trial coughed and immediately turned their face to 'i'm innocent and so pure' expression.


" And, Hermes..I am not happy with you interviewing those gods about their methods and creating that stupid book. "


Hermes look so guilty in his seat while he stopped writing on his book that he hoped that he would publish soon.


" As result of those deities foolishness.." Zeus glance at the audience and onlookers of her trial. " The woven destinies of Fate Deities become tangled and worlds are in imbalance and on the verge of breaking down as a result. Some generic mortals have a very degenerate moral values that the Harem they have made me so jealous and I'm probably planning on descending on those world of sword and magic to create my own harem and— "


" ZEUS!! "


" Anyway, some gods and goddesses are so careless and as a result, those mortals are so over powered that it wasn't fair for their enemies as they are defeated so helplessly.. and there were instances where that world of sword and magic have absolute despicable trash kings and bitchy princess that would result on those once naive mortals to blacken and some, in most cases... become psychopaths–have started their plot of revenge resulting to many dark and bloody results. "


Mepthys listened as Zeus rambled. The more she listened, the more her face was becoming pale and she was starting to feel guilty for that mortal.


" So now, let's get in your punishment. "


Mepthys unconsciously squirmed as the eyes of the other deities focused on her.


" Congratulations! For not following the other idiot god and goddesses on their path. "


What? 


" Thankfully, this time..your punishment aren't too severe as you have made a mistake on transporting him not into the world of sword and magic. The Fate Deity assigned on that world have confirmed that other than that poor mortal making some waves, the fate of that world wouldn't change much. "


Mepthys look at the Supreme God Zeus uncertainly. Is that for real? Mepthys can't believe that she wouldn't be too punish heavily for her sin. She felt so relieve and thankful. Mepthys kinda expected to be demoted to her position. Thankfully it isn't. She didn't know that her occasional clumsiness and usefulness could also have some benefits or good results.


" As for your punishment, you would be escorted by some deities in the dreamland also known as the Dream Realm. "


Mepthys froze. Wait, did the Supreme God Zeus said Dreamland?


" As your punishment, you would stay there as a mere mortal with extreme regeneration abilities for 5 years. "


Mepthys feelings of happiness are gone. Even through Zeus have made certain that she would have extreme regeneration abilities, she didn't want to go on that place.


Quickly, she prostrated and have her head on the ground. She didn't care if it hurt for a bit as it wasn't her current priority but her future.


" Please!! Supreme God Zeus! I'm begging you! I don't want to go in the dreamland! Anything is fine as long it wasn't in the Dreamland!! "


Zeus sighed and he look at Mepthys with pity. " I'm sorry but I'm not the one who created this Rule and Laws. "


She was just a newbie goddess. She wouldn't be able to endure and survive on that place. 


On that horrible dream realm where it was filled with many strange and horrible beings. 


A place where those crawling, creeping, observing, staring, haunting, terrifying eldritch beings existed.


Mepthys hoped that she wouldn't encounter any Great Old Ones and Great Ones on her stay on that accursed dream realm.


" The place isn't dangerous. I'm certain that you would still be alive once your punishment end Mepthys. "


Easy for him to say... Mepthys thought in depreciation. He wouldn't be the one staying in that place.


" I hope that you would enjoy your stay there. Maybe you would find a new fetish in that place? "


Zeus suggested and Mepthys unconsciously blush and glared in frustration.


" Never!! I'm not a pervert! "


" Maybe I can suggest Nyarlathotep to take care of you properly with his minions? I'm sure that you would have a great experience there with their tentacles. "


" ZEUS!! "


" I would be there now my dear, now are there any deities that want to volunteer to escort her to dreamland? "


Mepthys stared as some deities raised their hand. This is horrible. She didn't want to go in that place.


--------------------------


Holding the map, Ellan ventured to the deep part of the forest with his little sister. The Journey isn't easy. They have encountered some hostile monsters. They were killed for a few times. There were instances where they need to hide and escape from their sight. Run very fast once the monsters have seen them as there are too many of those little pests to kill.


" Ahhh... I don't want to run anymore. "


Eden whined as she exhaustedly dragged her body to still keep going.


[ Stamina: 15% ]


" Ugh... I really hate the devs! Why did they even created this function? I just wanted to enjoy and play a game! I don't need this overdone virtual reality! "


Ellan blandly stared at his little sister.


" Oh please, could you tell me again who is this little whiny bitch that so eager to done some adventuring? " Eden glared at him. " I am certain that

someone isn't 'me'. "


Eden pouted and ignored him. Her pace going faster and she started leading the way on the foggy, misty and creepy haunting forest leaving Ellan alone. A few minutes later, he heard a shriek and Eden running back towards him and smiling wryly.


" I think... I would be fine with you leading the way brother. "


Ellan glance at her and the surroundings.


" You didn't aggro any monsters? "


" No! "


Eden exclaimed while looking embarrassed. Ellan wondered what happened earlier. But then, Ellan shook his head. It was her own business and she could damn choose to whether tell him or not if she did have any problem. It wasn't that he cares about her own personal matters.


Ellan and Eden continued going deeper and deeper on the forest. There were times, where Eden would flinched if she heard any creepy sounds which may came from the monsters in the forest. 


Ellan could admit that the forest was very haunting and look so frightening at night. The people who made the game have put so much effort to make the game as real as possible. It was very awe inspiring and admirable, they have put so much hard work and attention in the game. Because of that, Ellan felt so thankful for them. With this VRMMORPG, once this game was released, Ellan was certain that the Earth would be swept towards a new era.


He can see that this game would be extremely popular and it would changed all of their lives.


Ellan was thankful and honored that he was one of the lucky chosen ones to test this game.


He was very thankful.


" Ahhh!! "


Eden screamed as she heard a weird hoarse croaking and howling sound.


Because of this game, he have the every moment and opportunity to see his little sister suffer. Ellan was satisfied and he can say that this is one of the best moments of his life.


Soon, amidst the fog, mists and the terrors that this haunting forest have hidden, they have finally arrived in the unnamed village in the map. They were just in time, to see the clouds parting and reveal the large full moon.


The moonlit shown upon them, revealing the old lonely village and the nearby hill that was filled with many stones.


Eden remove the goggles on her head and wore them. She look carefully on the hill. Those oddly shape stones aren't just an odd decoration in the hills, but they were stones dedicated for the disease. 


Those things are tombstones. And Eden was now regretting on insisting to her brother to locate the village.


While Eden was wearing the goggles, she squinted her eyes and frowned. It is it her illusion or did she saw some translucent thing on the distance?

1