Chapter 4: N.O.T.E.
119 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"AAAHHHHH!" Cray cried out as he looked at where the voice came from, only to find a miniature version of the girl who appeared earlier. He was genuinely surprised, he was so used to living alone in his house that his guard was down, so when a voice suddenly from somewhere near him appeared, it made him jump out.

 

"Host, I'm sorry if I suddenly disappeared a while ago, I didn't expect that the transmission would take up this much energy that I nearly reached depletion." The hologram, who is now only the size of a fist, spoke apologetically. "Due to the immense consumption of energy, I'll initiate power-saving mode. Oh! Before that, I forgot to mention the necklace that's inside the box. Please take it and wear it at all times, Host!"

 

Cray walked all the way towards the box and slowly took out the necklace, it had silver chains with an inverted triangular metal hanging on the middle, shining with a golden, metallic luster. "What's this for anyway?" Cray asked as he put it on his neck while fumbling with the sharp tip of the triangular shape in his necklace.

 

"Host, that's my core, in short, we'll be in contact with each other as long as we're together." I'm pretty sure Host can now hear me talking inside their mind? Please respond if you do so, Host.

 

Cray, with a dark look on his face, examined N.O.T.E.'s previous location only to see that she wasn’t there. He suddenly had a bad premonition for what could possibly happen in the future. Uhm... Note? If this is the case, wouldn't you be able to listen to all of my thoughts? Uhmmm, wouldn't that be awkward?

 

“Wouldn't that be the best? Host and I will be together forever? Well joking aside, you can select which thoughts you'd like to send me by just thinking of talking to me. As long as you imagine it, you'd be able to talk to me. But in my case, as long as I decide to talk to you then I'd do so. By the way, Host may have a lot of questions to ask, as I have analyzed the situation, I will explain only the things that are allowed within your current restrictions.”

 

With a sigh, Cray looked relieved. He then walked towards the used plates and started washing them while listening to Note's explanations.

 

First off, your identity. You are Cray "Funf" Anderson. "Funf", That is the branding that has been passed down throughout your family’s generations. It gives you the right to become the family head of the Anderson family.

 

Cray suddenly interrupted Note's explanation when he uttered, "Anderson? Why would I even have a last name, only Rank 6 citizens have the right to inherit a family name, right?"

 

“Host, I'm still not finished explaining, so please listen to me first before you ask your questions. I only have a limited time before I become dormant again.”

 

Just like so, Cray shut his mouth and let Note explain, though he was worried about what Note just said about becoming dormant, he decided to stay quiet about it for now instead of asking more questions.

 

“Now, about your father, Nicholas "Vier" Anderson, he was the successor of the Anderson family. At that time, the Anderson family was preparing to initiate another large-scale revolution, the basis for this movement was their forces that were hidden in the empire. Unknown to them, however, was that before they were able to start the rebellion, the fourth successor died at the hands of his own brother. And as you may have already known, you were not the real son of the person who raised you as his own, Charles. You are an Anderson. As one of the descendants of the Einder, you have been given the power to stand for your own. You are destined to become someone great. Just like your ancestors, you have the capacity to reach the top. That's why you should follow their footsteps and fight for th-”

 

"Hey, wait! You keep on saying, descendant this, descendant that, I don't even know who those people are. I may not be the real son of my father, Charles, but he treated me like a real family member. And in the first place, why should I believe in you? How would I even know if you are telling the truth? You are not even a real human. You are nothing but an AI! A plaything by the people of the 3rd Rank citizens!" Cray replied, but he soon realized that he may have gone a bit too far. So, he was deciding whether he should apologize or not, but before he got to a conclusion, Note responded. 

 

“I understand, Host. I apologize for being too hasty. You may not believe what I say, but in the near future, your bloodline will start to activate and that would not only alert your enemies, but so shall the allies that will come for you. In a few days, if they indeed come for you and you happen to see it for yourself, then please trust me. I will definitely not let you die so easily”

 

"Nearing depletion mode."

 

“Uh oh, I'm sorry, Host. Looks like this will be our last time talking. For now, please always wear your necklace. I will probably be able to recharge and return again after 3 days. Until then please stay safe-”

 

And just like that, the pin-drop silence returned to the room that Cray was in. He had just finished washing the dishes. He then came towards the box that he just opened not too long ago and he looked for any more items that may be inside. As he did, he saw a piece of paper sitting in the middle. He read it only to start crying after.

 

"Cray, by the time you're reading this, I may no longer be in this world. I'm sure by now you already know that you are not my real son. I had been with you for as long as I can remember, but even if you aren't, your mother and I treated you like our own. Always remember that we love you, no matter what or who you are."

 

After he finished reading it, the box that once carried this message has already started to disintegrate. After a couple of minutes or so, it was as if it was never there in the first place.

 

Two days had already passed since that night, the start of the military recruitment camp was near.

r.

1