Chapter 30: Make yourself home Diljit
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After watching for a few days all the repeat episodes of the show, my anxiety day by day increased. My fear that all my maiden family members are surely gossiping about my affairs and bugging my mother daily for some inside news became true. I didn't know any solution to undo what is already done. While I am going to college, as usual, I do sometimes feel some students from other departments are peeking at me. Well, it was not a new thing for me but somewhere I still feel uncomfortable.

One day I  was cooking in my kitchen Dal Tadka (Tadka is a method of cooking in Indian Cusine.)

When my doorbell rang I opened the door and saw the director and Diljeet in front of me, it was quite surprising for me a few days before he was eliminated from the show. I welcomed them in and they both came inside coughing because of smoke coming from my Tarka. I made them seated on the sofa and went to the kitchen, Diljit followed me as if it was his own house and started asking me where are the ingredients for making tea. I didn't mind as long as I don't have to do work. He made the tea while I prepared the meal as it was lunchtime.

Diljit made tea for all three of us, I drank my tea in the kitchen as I was preparing lunch in more quantity for the two uninvited guests. On the lunch table, they both helped me to take the dishes out and put on the table. We all settled down, I had already guessed for what they have come for if the director has also tagged along with  Diljit.

Director started the conversation as  humbly and politely as possible, "Mam we are thinking if you could come back to the show as a wild card entry if you have any requirements we can arrange for you."

I filled his plate with more food and politely declined the offer, then Diljit spoke in an enthusiastic manner, "Sis I always felt that there is a spark between you and Mr. Kent but I was not able to connect you as his wife. In the U.K. and the U.S.A., they always wrote that you are very, you know what I  mean to say. "

I slapped him on his shoulder and said, "You must be very disappointed that I don't look like a temptress."

We both laughed out loud, the director who just smiled as Diljit and I made jokes spoke, "Mam will you reconsider if we pay you for the show many of the celeb contestants are paid.  "

I without any shame said, "How much?"

In the end, I again said that I will give a thought about whether to join the show or not. Diljit asked me for dinner at his home which I agreed without any hesitation after all he felt like a little brother to me. I closed the door and spoke to my children for their opinion.

I considered for a few days all the pros and cons of the show and also about where I will use the money. Then made a final call to the director for my firm and final answer. After giving them my decision I felt lost for a while again thinking if my decision was right or wrong. I was filled with all kinds of thoughts but I can't take my words back after all they had given me time. I banged my head for few times on the desk in the classroom and accidentally Ajay saw me and I really felt embarrassed that he saw me like this. He ran away when his eyes met mine, I started thinking about all the worst scenarios when suddenly he came back with juice to cool me down. I smiled awkwardly and left the class with juice in my hands. It was a good thing he didn't ask me anything and I almost ran away from there.

Finally, the day came and I entered the show with Kento Kimura the recently famous Hikkamori.

0