Chapter 33: Sukhi is upset
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How is this possible?"

"How can this happen?"

"How can he do that?"

When I was thinking deeply about these questions, the person I want to see the least appears, in front of me with tea, specially prepared in the way I like with cardamom and disturbed my thoughts. He handed me the tea and said, "something is bothering you?"

"No", I replied

"You want to eat something, I bought a samosa", he asked with a smile, which made me more irritated.

"I already told you I am fine, and I don't want samosa", I told him hoping he would leave. But no he again asked, " are you sure?"

I was even madder now and replied "yes".

He said, "all alright" and left, how can leave me now, can't he see I am upset.

After finishing my tea and snack I went to the swimming area to cool down, but some people were there. Keiko saw me and waved her hand now I can't even leave, I will look so rude. I tried to smile when Keiko came near me. As soon as she asked me why I am upset I could hold any longer and blurted out my grievance.

" How could he win?"

Keiko gave a confused look which I didn't realize at that time, she asked "Who?"

"That guy, How can he win the archery competition?" I replied.

"Are you unhappy Mr. Kent won the competition?" Anjali asked inquisitively.

"I am upset that I lost to him" was my reply.

"Doesn't it mean the same?" asked Amit entering the conversation.

"This whole week was a disaster, first I  made a joke out of myself by suggesting vacation in Kabukicho and then he won the archery competition and to top it all he was invited as a guest in Ravan Dehan program "

Keiko tried to console me and said: " Kabukicho is not a bad place, there are nice things to enjoy there."

"Plus he is not going to that function, Ravan Dahan creates pollution," added Anjali with a smile to cheer me up.

These people really don't understand my problem.

"I looked stupid when I suggested that place, he was internally laughing at me then he won the competition, he will get to say that is he is better in sports than me, and I have never been invited as the guest of honor anywhere. My life is over, he is going to act all smug in front of me in the future."

"You can do many things better than him," Amit said to console me but the way he said made him look more fake than ever.

"I know I am better, he can't beat me in cricket nor any of his friends. Their muscles are for the show they can't even walk 5 kilometers. When went trekking in Shimla he got tried halfway through. " I told them reminiscing times, I showed that Angrez I am more fit than him.

Anjali gave a confused look and asked "when you all went to Shimla?"

"About 19-20 years ago," I? replied and continued telling all his flaws, how he is scared of insects and has a problem sleeping alone. He is so old yet scared of needles. As I kept telling about his flaws I myself started wondering why we eloped in the first place.

After Sukhi left they started speaking amongst themselves.

" I always felt they were more than friends and now I am confident about it," said Keiko.

Suddenly, Kento who was forgotten by everyone near the pool asked"Do you think they were dating?"

"More like star-crossed lovers, separated due to society," Anjali replied in a dramatic way.

After this line from Anjali, the show ended and their conversation will be aired in the next episode.

0