Chapter 19 : Act of Kindness
176 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally Lin is alone by himself.

After hours of having others force their way into his company for whatever reasons... now the boy can calmly assess his gains from that snake-venom wine... the great-sage needs to readjust himself to this great amount of physical-strength... he has to check if his spirit-wings did reach the "saturation-point" yet—which is a crucial-stage that he must reach first according to the instructions from the prime-light technique—in-order for him to begin his attempts in unblocking first major-meridian! but... that important step must only be taken after Lin succeeds in pushing the purity of his light-energy to absolute maximum in refinement... finally there’s the unexpected discovery of fire-intent—which popped-up apparently out of nowhere—Lin needs to understand that energy and find a method to harness its powers. What about soul-force? the boy still have quite a few soul-abilities in the soul-strengthening technique—which he didn't try using them before—because his soul-force was lacking... lacking on the pressure it could cause on the material-world... and lacking in depth when it comes to... control.

On top of all of the above... Lin has to figure-out a way to gather the remaining four soul-related world-treasures—or at least get his hands on one of them within a maximum time of fifteen years or Jin Bao dies—while improving his strength as best as he can! Lin felt like he's still nothing threatening to these titans of the spirit-world... somehow with his current capabilities the boy sensed that he’s still nothing to someone like Kai for example... maybe somewhere in the future the great-sage would become a threat to any heavyweight within this world but... from now until it actually become true Lin has to keep a very low-key. That’s mainly the reason why the boy went a bit too hard on Liao Lai earlier... because if the blade-user is bullying strangers just the same way like he’s used to do to these friends of his then... the ensuing trouble would only delay the great-sage from his mission and waste his precious time! the choice was either Lin intervene and correct this man’s attitude or... push him away from their group for the greater good... the boy taught the man a lesson and gave him the freedom of deciding his future without pressure.

“Cultivate, exercise, deliberate, meditate and repeat from now on... I guess.” After deciding on the order of his training-menu in the future... the great-sage patted the head of his tamed-beast then went and sat-down cross-legged on the floor. Meanwhile Sun jumped on Lin's head and vigilantly guarded his best-friend... if anyone dares to approach the boy before he's done cultivating then... the red-tiger is certainly going to beat-up these fools! of course that wasn't necessary since there’s the existence of Ming but... guarding its buddy while he’s meditating has become a habit for the demonic-beast... plus let’s not forget how benefitting it’s for the tiger when it does so! because just by being close to Lin whenever he’s spirit-cultivating... did help Sun understand a lot from his inherited-memories and how to unlock some potential from his dormant-bloodline and use some skills... like when the red-tiger coated its paws with fire-energy! or when it learned how to attract fire-energy towards its demonic-core.

.......

Inside his dantian-space.

Lin was surprised by how much it has changed in here if compared with the last time he actually entered the dantian-space! his spirit-wings are spread-out at maximum wing-span in the center of the dantian... they’re completely different from the last time... because not only are the pair of wings bigger in size but also they’re in a different color... which kind-of makes it feel like it’s a different martial-spirit all-together! two additional feathers has changed on the martial-spirit but... the symbol on them is actually split in half and separated between these two new symbol-feathers. This third-symbol is of a tree-crown but... unlike how a tree-crown should be covered in green-leafs and a lush and healthy amount of foliage... this symbol is of a bare tree-crown! the branches on each half of the symbol are completely leaf-less on either feather.

Meanwhile the nebulas are no longer made of light-energy which is clouds of mixed-colors... the dark-gold clouds were everywhere Lin looked! even the dantian-walls which were mostly dark previously... are now covered in big and bright spots of light... spots which are much... much bigger than the previous ones which seemed like flickering stars... these ones are like miniature-suns! suns which were birthed in this "universe" that was created by the actions of the spirit-wings... directly above the wings on the topmost point within this dantian-space the boy saw a tiny "black-hole" which kept swirling slowly. However... any miniature-sun and flickering-star or stray dark-gold clouds that moved nearby that black-hole on the dantian-ceiling would be instantly sucked inside it and disappear! the pair of wings would periodically scatter the gaseous-clouds towards the dantian-walls and the two dark-gold clouds would tolerate the action of the pair of wings—which constantly scatters their followers—then send their tribute of pure energy in time without delay. The great-sage noticed that in the center of these two dark-gold clouds... there’s actually a faint smear of imperfection on their dark-gold color... a thin line of bleak grey color which alternates between black and white! that color is exclusive to the four symbol-feathers on the martial-spirit which certainly gave these two clouds an advantage over the rest of dark-gold clouds... because no other dark-gold cloud—beside these two—has these hair-thick grey-colored lines... especially since the other dark-gold clouds don’t seem courageous enough to challenge these two clouds over the right of leadership within the two nebulas like before.

After taking a close look around him and finding nothing else which is interesting enough to be noted... Lin walked within the dantian-space towards his spirit-wings and sat-down cross-legged underneath them... since the prime-light technique mentioned that doing so while unblocking the meridians means a closer connection with the martial-spirit and a finer control over the light-energy! first thing the boy has to do is making sure that his light-energy wouldn't resist his commands while he’s venturing deep within his meridians... because not only would that mean the great-sage gets to save himself the trouble of losing parts of his light-energy unnecessarily during his task but also he gets to save himself from the trouble of spending longer time... time which would be pretty much needed later... for example while reinforcing the first few parts of the major-meridians or in the minor-meridians—meridian-branches—that Lin gets to discover in the future but... the boy discovered that asserting his control over the two nebulas is a piece of cake! while the great-sage focused on one of the nebulas... Ming leashed the other one but... Lin noticed that Ming kept looking upwards... from the look of it this—weird—brother of his is gazing at the swirling black-hole at the ceiling of the dantian... still... why is he snickering? Lin couldn't hold-back his curiosity anymore... the boy just had to ask... he needed to know what and how this brother of his thinks : “What makes you so very much... happy?” The great-sage spoke to this deadly-sin of pride which is standing next to him before looking up too... Lin squinted his eyes in a failed attempt to see what lies-behind that black-hole.

“Heh. It’d be better if I don’t, because if I said it... let’s just agree that it would make you lose your "appetite" and discourage you during this task of clearing our first major-meridian.” Ming shrugged and synchronized his actions with the boy—exactly like what the great-sage is doing—the deadly-sin of pride concentrated the nebula and manipulated its gaseous-clouds into one long line of light-energy! then like a wire both lines—the one Lin manipulated and the one Ming manipulated—twirled around one another... finally the shape Lin decided to use while unblocking his first major-meridian appeared... it’s the shape of a DNA string but... when Lin looked towards the black-hole before they charged at it with the accumulated light-energy in the dantian-space... the boy just wanted to know what makes Ming very amused.

“Say it anyway.” Lin said while making sure their light-energy is in perfect shape before they enter the black-hole with their awareness.

“It’s just...we're going to poke this gigantic hole in the anus with a dark-gold penis!” Ming waited until just before their awareness entered the black-hole then said his answer.

“@#$&...” Lin would've clobbered Ming with a downward fist on top of his head in a different situation but... he has to focus almost his complete awareness on the task at hand! meanwhile Ming is taking it easy because he’s saving some of his focus on the outside world... any sign of danger means flee to the end of earth if he has to! their safety is always going to be first priority from now on.

According to the prime-light technique most major-meridians—especially the first major-meridian—would be dark and filthy! they’re filled with most of the impurities within the body... during the years people spend breathing the air which is full of impurities from the mundane world... during the years which people spend eating and drinking food and waters which are filled with impurities... gets passively pushed by the organs of mortals towards the major-meridians until they’re completely stuffed-full with a thick and solid concentration of impurities! that’s why after the ninth-year of peoples’ lives... it just becomes impossible for them to actually awaken the martial-spirit anymore... the impurities which the body expels during the phenomenon of washing-impurities off from the acupoints—while following the teachings from the system of qi-refinement—are nothing in amount if compared to these impurities which are accumulated within the meridian-system. Maybe the impurities which are buried deep within the bone-marrow itself might be comparable in amount with the impurities inside the meridian-system... Lin had to use his light-energy to move upwards within the major-meridian while using his own awareness to control the movement of the DNA string and remove the accumulated impurities from the meridian-tunnel... especially from the meridians-walls! that cleaning and clearing-task only cost the boy some light-energy to accomplish... nothing more. While moving upwards with his awareness—which is riding the accumulated light-energy—the great-sage needs to remove all he could remove from these impurities... until his light-energy just can't go on any further before returning back towards the dantian-space while dragging the impurities that he successfully removed! from the dantian-space Lin can amass the impurities—which he removed—then expel them out with some of his light-energy but... the next time the boy enters the meridian-tunnel he wouldn't get to continue the cleaning-task from where he left it at the highest-point... the clearing-task would’ve to begin from the very beginning! the great-sage would need to heal the meridian-walls with light-energy—which were malnourished by the layers of impurities that blocked these walls from the benefits of spirit-energy for years—feeding the major-meridians and meridian-branches with spirit-energy has been mentioned a lot within the prime-light technique... a step which is of paramount-importance... a step which should never be ignored by any spirit-cultivator no-matter what kind of natural-affinity that they’re blessed with! because it leaves a long-lasting effect which is very positive on the short and long-terms.

Healing, strengthening, widening, fortifying, upgrading... then going upwards slightly on the first major-meridian and doing the same! and again... and again. Like what happened before during the step of saturating the martial-spirit with spirit-energy and purifying the spirit-energy itself... Lin has the freedom of ignoring these cumbersome details... the boy has the freedom to ignore everything else and just push forward towards clearing the first meridian-branch on the first major-meridian... doing so would allow Lin to use light-energy to fortify his body with light-energy from within! according to the prime-light technique... any cultivator in the realm of spirit-apprentice has no way of using the ability of energy-armor at all... maybe only the extremely rare few which are blessed with special-physiques but... not all of them—those who are born with special-physiques—are able to use that ability. Anyway there’s two approaches which are known to be taken by spirit-cultivators within the apprentice-realm. The first one is the fast approach... by focusing solely on clearing-up the first major-meridian completely as fast as they can to reach the next major-realm and become spirit-disciples... just to attain the ability of spirit-armor—which is very helpful in giving protection especially to spirit-cultivators who are physically-weak—before working on fixing and repairing the first major-meridian itself—which would be mostly weak and extremely narrow—and clearing its meridian-branches! the second is the slow approach... by gradually laying-down the perfect foundation for themselves and clearing-up all the meridian-branches within the first major-meridian while widening its tunnels and branching-system then fortifying its walls from the bottom upwards before upgrading the quality of the meridian-walls.

While his light-energy drilled on the surrounding darkness. Lin noticed that his gaseous dark-gold light-energy is doing a pretty good job in removing these impurities actually... it seems like all that work—which Ming mostly did all of it—on refining the light-energy and upgrading its quality and purity-ranking wasn't for nothing! the boy patiently focused his attempts on widening the circle—which his light-energy diligently freed from the shackles of impurities within the meridian-tunnel—until he was finally able to remove the first layer of darkness from the beginning of this dark and gloomy tunnel... underneath the layer of darkness there’s faded grey-walls which are filled with cracks! these cracks in-turn are filled with pitch-black matter—which resemble sediment—it began leaking-down dark and filthy water on the grey meridian-walls... the boy didn't hesitate to direct the light-energy to ascend a bit higher with his awareness because his work here isn’t to clean but to clear... then the great-sage used his light-energy to clear-up the darkness... since working on these grey meridian-walls would come later anyway Lin just didn’t want to distract himself with unimportant details because his mission right now is to see how far his extremely pure light-energy can take him upwards within this meridian-tunnel—which turned out to be very narrow—the energy-tank of the great-sage held-on because the two dark-gold clouds led the vanguard fearlessly by themselves! whenever the light-energy within their cloud was spent these two clouds would consume some of the dark-gold clouds behind them—on the energy-string in the DNA shape—before returning to drill on the dark-impurities—which cover the cracked-grey meridian-walls within his meridian-tunnel—meanwhile the followers behind the two clouds would follow the lead of their leaders and cause a hurricane of light-energy to swirl before slamming against the impurity-blockade. This sight made it seem like within this tunnel Lin’s awareness was being followed by an army—which lost its way within foreign territories behind enemy's lines—cut-off from its supply-line! finally there was merely a hundred or so of the dark-gold cloud-soldiers left within the army of clouds yet... these soldiers followed the two cloud-generals obediently and supplied them with light-energy when needed—which came at the price of sacrificing themselves—after the boy cleared a long way upwards and lost sight of the entrance... the great-sage understood that this mission of exploring the meridian-tunnel could be considered a succes.

Feeling no shame whatsoever in having to retreat... Lin’s awareness descended back through the narrow-tunnel with his two cloud-generals and the few of their cloud-soldiers! all the broken pieces of dark-rubble—which blocked the meridian-tunnel—and the black-liquid—which leaked from the cracks on the meridian-walls before—followed behind the remnants of the cloud-army and fell from the black-hole on the ceiling of dantian-space! “Whoosh...” Lin's spirit-wings fluttered once and one ball of the dark-gold colored light-energy acted like a barrier and covered the martial-spirit from the falling dark-rubble of and the drops of dark and filthy water. At once... the boy willed his soul-sense to extend at maximum-range then opened the door of his dantian-space to the light-energy in the surrounding two-hundred kilometers... now it’s just a repeat of his previous work—which is refining the light-energy that his martial-spirit brands—filling his dantian-space with dark-gold clouds... as much as the great-sage’s dantian can withstand to take inside it.

.......

Outside on the ship. It has turned dark and right now it’s past midnight.

Peng Tao has given Liao Lai the full-body silver-armor and engaged in a long talk with the blade-user... Zhang Wang went and watched while his best-friend Wang Zhang broke-through to the fifth-stage of the grandmaster-realm! then the handsome-man handed the simple man the gifts—which he snatched from their young-master—before telling Zhang what the boy achieved previously... whenever Wang remembered the glowing-light of incomparable-excitement that he witnessed inside the strong man's wide and pure oxen-eyes... it would make the handsome-man chuckle despite how much he tried to focus in his cultivation.

Tang Wei danced alone in his cabin like a lunatic! when the fatty made a close estimation of the total worth of these gifts which Lin's grandpa—senior Ming—left for him... then this merchant began circling his favorite couch repeatedly while perfecting the plans in his head... these plans are mostly about using the abilities of his brother Lin to make a lot more money before they return to Tang-city and be within the safety of their clans.

“Omm!... whoosh...” Suddenly the ship itself shook pretty roughly from side to side which caused the five spirit-cultivators to be pulled-out from their cultivation or interrupted from their conversations and halted from their deep thoughts! running outside... these men witnessed Lin sitting in the same place which is close to the bow of the ship and calmly cultivating... meanwhile his pet is lazily enjoying itself while sitting on the boy’s head but... it’s apparently clear that this tiger is guarding its owner very... very closely. This scene should be normal in the eyes of these men but... the strangeness in this situation is the insane amount of light-energy strands—which are constantly getting attracted towards the boy’s body—these five spirit-cultivators have the natural-affinity for lightning, ice, wind, wood, fire, gold, and earth—if all of them were combined—yet... each and every one of them felt their affinity for their own spirit-element—or elements—being very weak right now! these five men felt the spirit-energy strands of their own affinity being forcefully pushed back and away from the range of their perception... the cause of this weird phenomenon are the strands of light-energy—which tyrannically occupied the whole area of their perception—this situation caused the five men to look at one another while feeling shock and disbelief before smiling ruefully after witnessing another unbelievable scene—which Lin caused—Zhang and Lai seemed different from the rest though. Zhang was clearly shivering from excitement and seemed very eager for a chance to fight the boy once again! meanwhile Lai on the other hand... seemed sad because of how weak he felt whenever he compared himself to this... freak of nature.

“Can that even still be normally called... spirit-cultivation? it must be really, really hard for those who wish to keep-up with him! the environment doesn't seem to hinder Lin while cultivating at all... while geniuses from top-tier sects use formations, high-grade spirit-crystals, spirit-essence, spirit-resources, and spirit-pills. Lin can save himself that expenditure and just spread his soul-sense! by doing that he pulls whatever he wants from the surrounding spirit-elements... be that near or far.” Wang crossed his arms and spoke his thoughts out-loud.

“Zhang will... keep-up, I just need to work harder... I have to, otherwise I’ll lose sight of his back.” Zhang said while revealing a smile on his face... he sounded like someone who just figured-out the solution of the problem which his best-friend just mentioned.

“Whatever you say big-guy, I'm going to stay and guard young-master Lin... honestly, such a big-commotion that he caused by just cultivating! doesn’t he know that such actions can attract curious and nosy people? we need to be low-key here... we’re close to the harbor after all.” Wang patted his friend on the shoulder then walked closer towards the boy and leaned against the gunwale of the ship.

The handsome-man had his eyes focused on the water surrounding the ship and retrieved a white and spotless spear which is three meters tall... the ice-user tightened his grip on its shaft with a hand that wore the pair of new gloves—which is one of two spirit-tools that Wang managed to snatch before Wei quickly took the rest of the gifts into his pockets—Zhang nodded once he saw his best-friend guard this new-friend of his then returned back towards his room to continue his spirit-cultivation! Wei just yawned in boredom then returned to his cabin to... sleep. Tao and Lai sat-down next to one another slightly to the side and away from the boy but... silence ruled the atmosphere.

“Old Tao. I’ve made-up my mind, after escorting young-master Wei back to the clan... I’ll be going on a journey to gain experience, I need to seek opportunities for a breakthrough to the tyrant-realm, before I seek to materialize my blade-intent.” Lai said while looking towards Lin who spirit-cultivated in such a rapid-pace... his green-eyes seemed serene and his voice calm.

“Honestly. I still think that you’d have much better chances of achieving these goals... if you stayed with young-master Lin for a while longer, but... I won't stop you from leaving, or discourage you against doing so, if you feel like it then go ahead and leave, this spirit-world of ours is so vast and expansive indeed! however... don’t regret your decision later in the future, because we both know that you’ll... regret it. Such person... once you blink your eyes, you’d discover that he’s already widened the gap between you, say nothing if you meet again after years! he’d be worlds apart. Sigh... if only, had I met him earlier then... whatever, I’m not one of these eagles in his story after all.” Peng Tao said then brought-out one bottle of his strongest liquor and two wooden cups... after pouring the alcohol in the cups the old man offered Lai one cup then began to take slow and small sips from his own cup while watching Lin’s spirit-cultivation with growing interest! old Tao found joy and release from his old feelings of frustration and unwillingness which has fermented within his heart for years... by just looking at the boy and interacting with him.

Lowering his head to stare at the wooden-cup in his hand absentmindedly for a while. Lai drank the strong liquor all at once and let the feeling of his chest being burned—from inside by the liquid—eat away at his low and down-casted mood... frankly speaking... the blade-user was disappointed with himself! that’s why he felt so downhearted and decided to just go on a journey on his own... Lai has been blinded by his own ego and carelessly forgot the feelings of those around him... his friends paid the price. That carelessness... has lasted and extended during the span of years! now... the rude awakening—which Lin gave him—made the blade-user feel ashamed of himself... keeping Wei and the other's company any more than he already did would be burdening the group... simply because Liao Lai doesn’t even know how to change! he just doesn’t know to control himself or... how to correct these nasty habits of his.

The two men drank together in silence while Wang kept his guard near Lin.

There were two incident where aquatic-creatures attempted to attack the ship! the aim of these creatures was to swallow Lin but... Wang used his ice-energy to freeze these—thankfully—weak creatures before they got a chance to come anywhere close to the boy.

The crewmates cheered "brother Wang" three times after witnessing the action—which caused the handsome-man to smile slightly and it charmed the hearts of almost all the females and made the jealous males throw cynical comments to make fun of this devil—but... these people didn't let go of the opportunity—to get a taste of high-quality meat—and threw hooks at the frozen aquatic-creatures then pulled them into the ship before chopping these two aquatic-creatures to pieces... very efficiently.

Meanwhile Lin would be seen—by the spirit-cultivators on the ship—using some time to attract the light-energy towards his dantian then stopping afterwards... the men understood that the kid must be refining the spirit-energy—which he gathered—but... none of them knew what is going on inside the boy’s dantian exactly.

.......

Within the great-sage’s dantian.

Lin would control the two cloud-generals with his awareness to lead their armies of dark-gold cloud-soldiers—after the recruitment process is over—and thrust into the "anus" of the black-hole once again! during the second-time the two combined armies entered his meridian-tunnel the clouds in the shape of a DNA string weren't drilling into the territories of darkness like they did before... the boy controlled his light-energy and began his work of uprooting and cleaning the cracks of the grey and faded meridian-walls one by one starting from the bottom upwards... removal of the dark-sediment was much easier than clearing the meridian-tunnels but... the quantity is much more and the great-sage has to be focused on the work so that he wouldn’t miss anything at all! by the time Lin’s light-energy finally moved upwards and reached the location in his meridian-tunnel where the grey and faded meridian-walls are yet to be uncovered grey... his light-energy was exhausted once again and the boy understood that he has to retreat once again towards the dantian-space. The meridian-walls are still grey and faded in color... they still has cracks all-over their surface just the same like the great-sage found them but... at least this time they look cleaner! during the third-time Lin entered the meridian-tunnel he discovered that the soldiers from his army of clouds are actually sacrificing their light-energy to heal the cracks on the meridian-walls... willingly. The boy found that he doesn’t even need to control these soldiers and just supervised this process with his awareness but... the expenditure of light-energy to fix these cracks is just... massive! the great-sage ended-up actually returning to the dantian-space while accompanied by only his two cloud-generals... because by the time his light-energy could mend the cracks on the meridian-walls just halfway-upwards to the furthest depth—which Lin ever went—within this meridian-tunnel... his two cloud-generals were the only ones left! since Lin didn’t want to sacrifice these two... he just retreated for another recruitment-process... the boy only succeeded in mending all the cracks—of the explored part—of his meridian-tunnel with light-energy by the time it was already morning.

........

Since morning has arrived Lin just stopped this session of spirit-cultivation and opened his eyes but... he felt his throat clogged by something and his chest... heavy! “Cough...” The breath which the great-sage let out in that cough held all the impurities which he removed from his first major-meridian so far but... this globe of impurities was covered in a faint and thin film of light-energy.

Sun's fur stood at end when he smelled that foul breath which came-out from his buddy's mouth! the red-tiger—in the form of an orange-kitten—opened its mouth then breathed-out a ball of red-colored fire-energy which covered the ball of light-energy! once the fire-ball caught-up with the globe of impurities... it burned it seven meters away from the tamed-beast and its owner with a sizzling sound... within the time-span of three-seconds the globe of impurities was already gone along-with the fire-ball.

Wang smiled when he saw the boy open his eyes and conclude this session of spirit-cultivation then kept his white spear inside his space-ring... the handsome-man bowed once politely towards Lin before calmly walking towards his room to resume his meditation on the comprehensions which he didn’t finish digesting all of them yet.

Sun licked Lin's cheek then ran and followed after Wang... which was surprisingly unexpected! since his buddy was never interested in befriending any human-being before.

After getting-up from the floor and—somewhat lazily—stretching his body once he stood... the great-sage took a deep breath-in then exhaled before beginning his warm-up routine while adjusting his breathing for ten minutes afterwards the boy focused on the stances of his pumma-manual in extremely slow motions! Peng Tao instantly raised an eyebrow once he witnessed this weird method of training the body but... the old spirit-cultivator kept his mouth shut and just watched.

“Boom!...” Lin just placed his foot slowly on the floor... Tao and Lai saw it happen with their eyes... very closely at that! yet... that slow and small movement actually caused an aftereffect—which is like and earthquake—to overtake the ship that began to shake from left to right.

“Hurry! activate the protective-formations, quickly now.” Tao ran towards the middle of the ship and pushed the crewmates in his way flying while shouting at the one who’s steering from the bridge.

Honestly. Lai found himself at a loss of words after seeing what just happened earlier... while holding his empty cup the blade-user didn’t seem to even notice that his clothes got drenched by the alcohol—which should've been in his cup—because just a single slow step from the boy’s small foot... just caused that earthquake all-over the ship! looking around the ship itself there’s high waves already spreading further from it on the surface of water.

“Omm...” Peng Tao sighed when he saw the formation runes and inscriptions at work on the ship then sighed—since his "baby" is saved from suffering anymore damage that what it already sustained during this journey—before walking back towards Lai... old Tao stopped himself with some difficulty from laughing at the funny sight this young-man is already in... then shrugged when the blade-user looked at him with confusion in these green-eyes! honestly... the most experienced member of their group just doesn't know how Lin could do what he just did... because even if the simple man is physically the strongest among the grown-ups... and despite being just a little bit less weaker than Lin... Zhang just couldn't do the same thing whenever he exercised his full strength... at all... not even close! not to mention how easy it seemed for Lin when he almost broke the ship... to give a similar effect? then the strong man would be forced to go on a rampage of full-power attacks... meanwhile the boy on the other hand just took a seemingly light and cat-like slow step... that’s all! the difference is already beyond the word massive... both men clearly understand that such mastery of the body itself... such compactness of its movements... while maintaining the ability to deliver great amount of power is... just "lethal" against any foe within close-range! since the boy already has the ability to control the opponents with his soul-force in a much wider-range... and the sufficient mobility which his spirit-wings provide then... who from the same generation could suppress Lin exactly? what kind of abilities such imaginary opponents should have? The most annoying thing in their "fantasies" is that both Lai and Tao knew that neither of them is actually taking the aspect of "intent" into the calculations! both men just shook their heads and poured themselves a drink... such string of thoughts could really make people feel sad about themselves.

Zhang—who has just exchanged places with Wang since one of them is supposed to be guarding Lin whenever the other is cultivating—was midway-through his walk back upwards but... the simple man suddenly felt the ship sway strongly from side to side then heard old Tao’s order for the protective-formation to be activated! after hurrying the remaining distance towards the boy at his quickest speed... the strong man found that there’s no enemy attacks... looking everywhere around the ship in the ocean there isn’t any aquatic-creatures of the size or strength that could endanger the safety of those who are on the ship! Zhang just grabbed one of the nearby crewmates and questioned him—since it’s easier to learn this way—from that person... the strong man discovered that what happened just earlier must’ve been caused by the boy—somehow—since it happened once Lin began to exercised his physique in these slow movements of his.

The simple man—released his captive—then walked towards Lin and stood a few meters away from the boy then stood guard while watching the boy’s every move... Zhang found himself becoming completely lost in confusion when he tried to make any sense of these moves—which the great-sage is making—they’re slow and felt weak! could anybody really be hurt after receiving one of them? however... just by looking at Lin’s exercise... the strong man sensed like he’s discovering flaws within his own hand-to-hand combat-techniques... when Lin side-kicked Zhang saw the formation runes and inscriptions below the other foot glow-up which means that this part of the protective-formation is already absorbing an overload of pressure! such a slow side-kick from the boy is... actually stronger than the simple man's fastest kicks? how could he do that? the glowing runes beneath the kid’s foot are... already much more than what Zhang could ever force the protective-formation to reveal during his wildest session of exercising his physical-strength.

'Rough. My motions are not transferring the power fluidly like it’s described in the pumma-manual! previously... that kick should've sent two-times the amount of power to the ground for stability and balance, then four-times that amount of power should’ve transferred towards the sole and heel of my left-foot.' Lin thought so while judging every move he performed with his body which is much stronger than before.

Had Zhang and the others heard what the boy just thought then... Zhang would've shivered visibly in excitement like puppy which just received a sudden treat! Tao would’ve reflexively plucked some hairs from his long beard... while Lai would’ve went to his room to pack up his stuff and prepare himself to leave the group sooner than what he told old Tao.

“Brother Lin is so lively. He doesn't waste time at all... first he’s cultivating his spirit-energy, yet... now I wake-up and discover that he's already exercising his physical-strength. Sigh... it seems like I won't get any sleep, I guess that’s enough sleep for today, hey! where’s my breakfast? lady cook...” Wei exited from his cabin wearing his sleeping robe and squeezing his huge feet in some pair of purple-slippers and mumbled his words to himself... then shouted towards the kitchen! from the look of it... this fatty seems like he’s used to sleep while wearing this huge amount of jewelry on his body.

“Then learn from him and do the same! young-master Wei... it really pains my heart to see you neglecting your spirit-cultivation all the time.” Tao said while gesturing for the breakfast to be quickly prepared since Wei is awake and barking like some hungry ghoul.

“Nah. I’ll pass... money can already buy me all the service that I require from so many strong cultivators, so... why should I bother busting my balls or working hard? while I can just make money... and live a comfortable life! there's all kinds of spirit-pills that can help me make a breakthrough, all the way through the major-realms until I reach the emperor-realm, all I’ve ever needed from spirit-cultivation is the additional lifespan which comes from it anyway. After all... this fatty wants to live! long to enjoy the endless fortune that I’m destined to accumulate.” Wei grabbed a fruit from the table and sunk his teeth on it while speaking wisely about his ambitions—which made the three spirit-grandmasters sweat bullets at how he’s carelessly taking his cultivation like always—if their young-master really did accomplish what he wants? then Wei would be the first spirit-emperor—like ever—who has the weakest and most shaky foundation they could ever imagine... if possible! yes... the fatty would get the additional lifespan from each and every major-realm he ascends but... their young-master might even be weaker than some genius spirit-cultivator who’s in the lord-realm. How disgraceful would that be? to be an esteemed spirit-emperor yet... some genius in the lord-realm gets to bully them... the three spirit-grandmasters would honestly rather meet death much earlier in their journey of cultivation than to experience such shame.

“Sigh. Young-master Wei... then you better work hard, extremely hard on gathering the most loyal, and the most formidable subjects around you... because when enemies come knocking on your doorstep, your money won't be of any help, after all... you can't expect to hurt or repel a rabid-dog by throwing fresh-meat at it!” Tao sighed softly then advised Wei.

“Old Tao. I’ve got you to give me counsel, and I have my friends here to protect me, add brother Lin and his grandfather senior Ming’s help to the mix... with that kind of help? then I'm sure that I can walk this spirit-world sideways if I want! nobody would dare laugh about it.” Wei smiled like a sly merchant who has it all figured-out when he answered.

“I plan to travel the world to gain experience once you're back in Tang-city.” Lai said to Wei and turned his head to watch Lin.

“Oho! you feel like you can't play with us anymore? is that why you suddenly decided to go find your fun somewhere else?” Wei intentionally smeared salt on Lai's wounds with his words but... the blade-user didn't seem to be affected by the provocation—which was much to the fatty’s disappointment—after shrugging... Wei quickly lost interest—on teasing Lai—and began to eat away on the fruits before the breakfast arrived.

Zhang wasn't interested in the topic his friend were chattering about and kept his eyes on Lin’s exercise instead...because the formation runes and inscriptions below the boy’s feet began to struggle more and more against this pressuring-power which increased whenever Lin regained some of the previous sense of perfect control over his body.

While the simple man enjoyed the show... one crewmate who’s responsible for watching over the energy-consumption from the spirit-crystals—which feed spirit-energy to the protective-formations—ran towards Peng Tao and notified him—very quietly so that Wei wouldn’t hear—that the crystals in each node are already halfway spent! “How is it even possible? these crystals were more than two-thirds full just when the protective-formation was activated!” Peng Tao quickly went to personally check about that but... the oldest cultivator stood there—at the area where the formation-core is located—watching the spirit-crystals lose more of their spirit-energy... then he noticed that the energy within these spirit-crystals is being drained even faster with time! it was like a leaking roof during a nasty storm... after running back and telling Wei the current situation... old Tao saw the fatty's face blackening once he learned about his loss of some more energy within the spirit-crystals... seeing the greedy-merchant remaining silent the oldest cultivator had to press the matter right now before the protective-formations stop functioning—once the spirit-crystals are completely drained of their remaining energy—otherwise... Lin would demolish the whole ship in a matter of seconds! if this continued? then all of them would have no other choice but to swim their way back. Yes... this ship is made from sturdy materials but... it isn’t in its best shape after experiencing some tough action—which means that this kid would face less trouble and spend less effort in breaking old Tao’s "baby" to pieces in a single exercise—knowing very well how his young-master Wei can be greedy and too damn stubborn when anything is related to the resources within his pockets... Peng Tao began to frown because they can't wait any longer! either they restock the protective-formations with a new batch of spirit-crystals or... this fatty tells his brother Lin to stop his exercise... like right now.

“Young master Wei. We... really can't risk it, if the protective-formations stopped then... it can endanger the sh-! I mean our journey bac-” Old Tao attempted to patiently and softly... to convince Wei but the oldest cultivator almost revealed that he’s actually more concerned about the ship more than anything else! then Peng Tao’s hawk-like eyes were suddenly met with Tang Wei's bloodshot eyes who raised his head and snapped at the old man and interrupted his words while waving his fat arms in the air like a ten years old boy who’s throwing a tantrum at his elders.

“ Do you think that I don't know that already? damn it! these thirty-two spirit-crystals of the low-grade... they should've been more than sufficient to cover our journey, with more to spare too... almost one-third of the energy within them was expended on resisting the attacks of that sea-lobster before we could manage to escape, now you’re telling me that, I’ve to dig... once again... inside my narrow, shallow, and overspent pockets! just to accommodate brother Lin's exercise-” While revealing a pained expression on his face and with tears welling-up in his narrow-eyes... Tang Wei seemed like a beggar on the streets who’s wailing his extremely bad luck and miniscule-fortune when he spoke! but... Lai didn’t buy any of that greedy-attitude which could be called "sick" and sneered before cutting-off the words from this fatty and saying : “Humph. I heard that young-master Lin’s grandfather, senior Ming has gifted you quite a few huge boxes which are filled with spirit-crystals of the high-grade... plus other valuables, so... just stop bullshitting, and let us exchange the spirit-crystals already! you... greedy asshole.” But after hearing these words Tang Wei's face became pale and he gripped his flappy left-breast and acted like he’s suffering from a heart-attack or... a stroke maybe.

“These spirit-crystals are the capit-... cough... they're the assets of the clan now! how dare you ask of me to steal from the clan? didn’t you already take a complete-set of a full-body spirit-armor that’s at least compatible with spirit-lords? huh! not so talkative now, are you? humph! better mind your damn business from now on, butt-in once we’re talking blades here, the way I see it... you should go feed the protective-formations with your earth-energy, earth-energy has always been your weakest spirit-affinity anyway, so... it would help—your precious spirit-cultivation—if you go, and earth-energy is a good spirit-element which boosts defense, so it would work just fine to solve this problem. En. You can go now, a peak spirit-grandmaster... tsk, someone like that... should be able to keep the protective-formations working until we arrive at the harbor! even if brother Lin didn’t stop his exercise... oh! almost forgot there, do make sure to send me these spirit-crystals—which are halfway spent of their energy—go... quickly now before they're drained beyond saving! I’ve some use for them... being wasteful is a sin, after all... these are the clan-assets!” Tang Wei almost spilled the beans in the beginning because he was so agitated—which caused the fully-round cheeks on his face to flush in a deep red-color—then the fatty quickly regained his bearing and donned the bluffing-expression—since he’s an experienced merchant—and pointed a sausage-like forefinger—which is adorned with three spirit-rings—at Liao Lai then counter-attacked with his words which made himself seem like a saint who just got his honor tarnished by some fool before commanding the blade-user to leave.

The words which Tao was about to say got caught in his throat and the old man’s forehead quickly became covered in cold sweat after hearing these words from the fatty! the cruelty of Wei when his money is threatened is... awfully thick and... revolting! such greed is... just unhealthy... such shamelessness is... unheard of.

This time it was Lai’s turn to become pale in the face! after hearing these words and especially so when the blade-user saw Wei stubbornly refuse to be reasonable... when the fatty impatiently urged him to move... Lai immediately understood that this is a direct and serious order from his young-master! not some sick joke which is played on him by the merchant... the blade-user gave Lin who resumed his exercise and trained his physique normally and naturally without care—for whatever that’s currently going-on around him—a final look—which honestly hoped for the boy to stop his training and save Lai the incoming-trouble—then walked towards the formation-core to feed it with his earth-energy or... maybe his earth-energy wouldn’t be sufficient—since it’s weak—and Lai would be forced to feed the formation with his gold-energy too! with this freak of nature? nothing does seem impossible anymore... even the blade-user began to believe so is actually true. Not to mention that the fact is... all the spirit-cultivators from the five-clans are dirt-poor—heck—everyone from the five-clans and their side-branches are dirt-poor right now! all except for only two people actually... one of these two is Tang Wei—the fatso—in the flesh... meanwhile the other individual is actually someone of a much higher rank and a much more elevated status... it’s Tang Jianyu! the ancestor who created the five-clans in the first place... the man who carried these five-clans on his shoulders for centuries... the one who caused the five-clans to reach unbelievable authority and power... then along-with them everyone fell from grace! everything they once held within their grasp was taken and just like a dream... they awakened to reality... this spirit-world is unfair... and cruel beyond compare. The five-clans became surrounded by those with evil-intentions and financially-besieged by an organization which has the ranking of a great-sect... meanwhile their people just couldn’t leave the safety of two kingdoms around their Tang-city... if they do? let’s just say that Tang Wei’s father is an example of what could happen! that example is one of the soft-approaches which these "enemies" of theirs would resort to... within their long history of the five-clans being aggressively-suppressed... some clan patriarchs were killed without mercy to test if their ancestor Tang Jianyu recovered some of his cultivation in secret... since killing the sons and grandchildren of his direct bloodline didn’t give them any response from Tang Jianyu—who’s helpless and couldn’t retaliate to avenge his descendants—these enemies resorted to dirty tactics... bleeding the spirit-resources from the five-clans completely dry by whatever means kidnapping some and ransoming them, enslaving some and making spies out of them, tempting some and getting rid of them after they serve their purpose! once Tang Wei appeared in the picture... the situation began to change slightly for the impoverished five-clans... the fatty showed noticeable brilliance in making profit from a tender age. When Wei was eight years old he would visit the market daily to do business! instead of playing with kids around his age... little-Wei would circle the streets on his own and memorize the prices of the products displayed in the shops... instead of focusing on his spirit-cultivation like his elders always instructed within the clan... this stubborn fatty would take notes of the rare products and resources or merchandise—which are hard to find within their Tang-city—and every single detail related to them. At the age of ten years old... little-Wei has already made his own private connections within the Dou and Cai empires! despite all odds... the second-born of their current patriarch proved himself right to the elders and grand-elders from the five-clans—which always complained about Wei’s latent-potential that’s going to be ruined if the boy is left to do whatever he wants—and that’s when their ancestor Tang Jianyu noticed this "oddly-satisfying" great-grandchild of his and protected the boy early before news could reach their enemies outside the city... the scheme is simple but... a selected few has to be secluded and swapped. By the age of twelve... Wei made his first visit to the Dou-empire under his new identity and was finally able to meet face to face with the private connections—that he made a few years earlier—then the fatty made some good profits from these transactions before agreeing on many business-deals in the future... these deals benefitted the five-clans greatly afterwards and some of these ventures are still making profit! when he was fifteen years old Wei succeeded in supplying the five-clans with enough spirit-resources—that he had to go through lots of trouble to smuggle into Tang-city and pay quite a high-price to attain them—plus an opportunity which enabled each one of the five-clans to nourish one more of their juniors until said junior reach the major-realm of spirit-master. At the age of twenty... Tang Wei succeeded in making yet another chance for the five-clans to accumulate more spirit-resources! by venturing westwards discreetly by the sea and doing business within the western-islands... while disguising himself—thanks to some old connection of his ancestor—in the "solid identity" of a merchant from the Sunrise-empire which is far to the east... within the eastern-heights. Relying on his keen eyes for valuables... and his perfect sense on how to make the most profit from every deal he makes be that big or small transaction! Tang Wei could always choose the path of their travel and relate their journey with what to buy and from where... then where to sell what he just bought in the right time and place for the highest price... without getting delayed no-matter how many stops their group has to make during a very long journey! of course... the fatty would do all that while haggling the prices to reasonable standards—which is only reasonable in his own view—Wei could bargain with a wide smile on his face even if what he gets to save in the end is just an extra silver-coin without feeling any shame at all—which is a shameful sight—very much to the rest of his companions... Zhang doesn’t care though. Due to the financial-besiegement which is imposed on the five-clans after direct orders from some individuals in positions of extremely high-rank and paramount-authority within the cultivation-alliance—which is one of the five-giants or great-sects in this spirit-world—the faction that’s considered by many as being... the organization that operates the southern-continent! no spirit-sect would accept the juniors from the five-clans amongst their ranks just to give face to the cultivation-alliance... the smuggling operations succeeded only because the Dou-empire and the Cai-empire closed an eye on Wei’s actions... because there’s a strong bond of friendship between the ancestors of the two current emperors and Tang Jianyu. During their youth... the three of them were famously known for their deep support for one another! and that's why Tang Wei's ancestor decided to make his Tang-city in the area bordering and squeezed between the two empires in the first place... in a clear sign of trust for his two friends Tang Jianyu settled-down in that location and created his Tang-city north of the Dou-empire and south of the Cai-empire... entrusting his descendants and the descendants of his close retainers to his two bosom-friends—which were acting as emperors during that time—after thousands of years... his Tang clan grew bigger and swelled in size its branches and its businesses was scattered all-over the human-domain in the center, north, east, and west of the southern-continent! the same happened to the Liao, Peng, Wang, and Zhang clans—which were created by Tang Jianyu's four lifelong friends and closest retainers—however... Tang Jianyu had one flaw in his character. His enemies took that flaw into consideration and to their advantage... then succeeded in laying-down the perfect scheme until their plans finally succeeded in the end... the arrogant ancestor got kicked-out from the position of authority within the cultivation-alliance! then released of duty from the board of command once his enemies successfully crippled a huge chunk of Tang Jianyu’s spirit-cultivation... in that vile-incident... Tang Wei’s ancestor received a mortal wound to his soul-source. The elders and grand-elders of the Tang clan... were directly put to the sword during the time of this crisis or... falling later in the following times under the schemes of the wolves of the spirit-world—which came knocking on the doors of the five-clans seeking safe gain—a tiger without fangs or claws wouldn't scare a starving wolf once it smells the fresh blood one the wounded beast—which is much bigger than it—the clan-branches and businesses suffered the majority of attacks in the first few days after the news of a fallen sovereign spread within the southern-continent! once they heard the awful news of their benefactor’s grave injuries and the sad news of the death of their ancestors... the four clans hurried to recall their clansmen from all-over the continent and abandoned their territories before relocating their clans within Tang-city so that they would be able to stand united with the Tang clan in their crises but... the four-clans weren’t quick enough to respond after receiving the news and couldn't avoid the same fate that befell the Tang clan... because countless requests mysteriously appeared in the assassins-guild seeking the death of the strongest people within the five-clans... there’s very generous rewards for every target. Now after many generations... the five-clans are still locked within their last fort—which is Tang city—if it wasn’t for the secretive support—which the two empires provided—then the five-clans wouldn’t have been able to survive this calamity... Tang Jianyu had to distribute spirit-resources among the five-clans from his own accumulated-wealth during all these years but... very thriftily! while hoping for an upcoming junior—which can carry the five-clans back to their previous glory like he did once by himself—that’s why Liao Lai's allowance and wealth could barely support his own spirit-cultivation... especially after every time he climbs higher within the major-realms... he can’t join a sect and can’t openly start his own business—even if he could—he can’t reveal his identity to others... the same went for everyone from the five-clans. Only this Tang Wei is different... he has his pockets filled with spirit-resources yet he’s too stingy and wouldn’t let-go of a single coin without reason even for his personal-guard... still after every journey the fatty would empty almost everything he accumulated within the clan-treasuries which frustrates Liao Lai very much whenever he sees this contradictory behavior from the Wei! on this ship senior Tao just doesn't care at all about spirit-resources... if it wasn't for Tang Wei's huge contributions for the five-clans to rise stronger during the past few years... then Lai would've argued more instead of obliging with this direct and ridiculous command from the fatty. Thirty-two spirit-crystals of the low-grade can be used by Lai instead to help him the blade-user consolidate his spirit-cultivation in the ninth-stage before preparing himself for the next important breakthrough to the major-realm and become a tyrant... instead of wasting the energy within these crystals to accommodate Lin in his exercise! or using them to feed the protective-formations—since they’re already close to the harbor—their current poverty and the kid’s grandfather great wealth—which gifted so many spirit-resources and spirit-items for the people who would take care of his grandson—only added more feelings of frustrations in the chest of Lai—who felt terribly sorry—for the five-clans poor and unfortunate circumstances. “Sigh!...” The blade-user sighed a heavy breath which seemed full of frustration and helplessness before turning to leave.

“Remember these words. Despite my young age which is only about a quarter of yours... I believe that your mentality isn't even one-tenth of the strength of my mentality! If I were you? I would've treated this situation—which you found yourself in—as a way to temper myself... instead of lamenting my dry and empty pockets or the strained coffers of my family... I would seek to change this situation where I’m forced to tighten my belt all the time or... I would seek an alternative solution. I don't know much about spirit-cultivation to be honest with you but... I know this, emptying my light-energy, then filling my dantian with light-energy, then using all the accumulated light-energy, then repeat! would actually help me in making the light-energy within my dantian-space more refined... doing so would help me control the light-energy much better and much easier, with time... the amount of light-energy that my dantian-space can accumulate would increase. Not to mention... how close the connection between me and the element of light would become with time, which means that I would become able to fill my dantian-space with light-energy much... much faster.” Lai stopped in place and seemed like he’s thunderstruck when he heard these words from Lin... these words rang in his ears in the moment where the blade-user was in the peak of his confusion and loss! turning slowly to look towards the boy... Lai saw Lin's gold pupils staring towards him... for a moment there the blade-user felt like these pair of gold-eyes could really see-through him all the way until the depth of his very soul.

Peng Tao nodded in approval when he heard Lin and his right hand habitually smoothened his long beard.

“I can very... very easily cover the expenses of my own exercise whenever the protective-formations are active because of me, I can make Wang freeze the water into solid ice and connect it to the ship and save everyone the trouble, or tell Wei to stop being a cheapskate and cut you some slack but... I just won't do any of that. Do you know why?” Lin continued to speak when he saw Lai remain silent... after his question the boy received a sad and slow shake from the blade-user's head in return... the great-sage kept saying : “It's because of your narrow-perspective of things... it just makes me feel sorry for you! when you face a difficulty in live... I bet that your eyes, just tend to habitually avoid the possible advantages that you can take from the difficult situation itself, how to overcome the difficulty while benefitting? you just get blinded by the wall which is facing the path that you think would be the most comfortable, heh... well, you need to understand this very... very well, life just isn’t fair... it never has been, and never will be. I know that there's people who see the cup half-empty, while there’s people who see the cup half-full but... don't forget that there's people who see the cup fully-empty, while there’s people who see the empty cup itself as an opportunity! which can be filled with whatever they like... they celebrate their luck while thanking their fortune, because there’s many others... who don’t have a cup of their own. Now... go feed the damn protective-formation with your energy and stop blaming others or yourself, while in the solitude of the formation-core just try to seek the peace within you... the peace of mind and tranquility of the soul itself, the calm of the spirit... which you seem like you’ve forgotten that you ever had, from the very beginning... start from there. Being a blade-user... I know that you always think of removing whatever that stands in your path of power and greatness... with pure-strength and might but... remember that if your blade happens to become stuck or broken while bringing down a hurdle in your path or... a difficulty in your journey to power, then you would need to find another solution other than your weapon to move forward or... another blade which is strong, heavy, and sharp enough to remove whatever that blocks your path. That would be my last piece of advice to you, if you cast-away your bone-deep stubbornness—which is very harmful by the way—then I'm certain that you'd become a huge source of pride for these friends of yours here, which kept being worried about you for years and endured your childish-attitude and bullying behavior in silence—even if you were just a hindrance to this group—again... widen your perspective and just... grow-up! you’re not a little kid like me, you’re a grown-ass man... be responsible, at least for your own good.” After finishing his words Lin gave Lai the sight of his small and tiny back then resumed his pumma-manual exercises.

Tao would've clapped and whistled like a number-one fan for this boy after listening to these valuable words of guidance! these words would’ve been compatible if they came from a wise senior... if it wouldn't ruin the mood then Peng Tao would’ve really done so.

Wei smiled while digging his huge-sized fingers in the plates ahead of him on the table... today’s breakfast is made from the two aquatic-creatures which Wang killed during the night and the crewmates handled afterwards expertly but... the reason this fatty is smiling is because he wouldn’t need to spend anything at all! the merchant is actually planning to make it a normal thing for his guards to feed the protective-formation in the next journey.

Zhang was the only one who’s excited about Lin actually resuming his physical-training... since the words of the boy didn’t affect his simple mind at all.

Liao Lai stood in his place silently for a minute or so... meanwhile every word from Lin repeated in his head... these words were like a heavenly-bell that kept ringing in constant tunes! these tunes removed his confusions, unease, doubts, and hesitations. The blade-user felt at ease and free while basking in pleasure under these liberating feelings of lightheartedness! deep down... the defaults of Lai’s character and the flaws of his personality... were actually strangling and suppressing his latent-potential without the blade-user being even aware of the dangerous mental-abyss—which he was actually heading towards in a dangerous dive—with watering eyes covered in tears—which threatened to escape his eyelids—Lai bowed-down deeply towards this boy who managed in the span of less than a day to correct some faults of the blade-user's personality and reveal the rest of its weaknesses fairly and openly without any hidden-intentions behind his words to either embarrass or harm Lai while he did! Lin was like a big hand—which gently yet firmly—snatched the blade-user from the edge of the abyss and raised him up before quickly scattering the mental-clouds which blinded him almost all of his life... showed him the wrong path which he has been taking... then returned him to the crossroads where there’s lots of options for Lai to choose from... afterwards Lin calmly told him... that he's free to do whatever he wants to do with his life! the choice is always going to be his to make... he’s either to take his future once again towards the road of no return and no gain or... to try the correct path for once—which is the road the blade-user should've taken originally from the beginning—that’s why this bow from Lai was a bow of gratitude and respect for a benefactor—a benefactor which willingly went out of his way just to extend a hand and help give Lai free guidance and direct advice—a benefactor who sought no gain, praise, or benefit in return after the aid he gave.

Lai’s steps when he left towards the formation-core were confident and light... unlike how the steps of the blade-user before Lin spoke earlier seemed heavy and irregular! once Peng Tao noticed the difference he nodded seriously to himself in approval... the gaze of appreciation which the oldest spirit-cultivator gave Lin afterwards was one of admiration... such huge breadth of mind and great tolerance! such mature character from a boy six years old... these traits so far are Lin's most important and clearest advantages over juniors of his age so far in the eyes of old Tao. If another junior with a similar set of potential and talent is to be compared with Lin? then Lin is sure to reach higher and better accomplishments much faster than his peer! simply because of that factor of mature character and calm mentality... Peng Tao is certain that Lin's amazing and unbelievably advance achievements in the soul-aspect when it comes to soul-cultivation are greatly related to this calm-mentality—which must’ve certainly caused this mature character of his—and of course... the guidance and teaching from that mysterious grandfather of his... senior Ming.

Shortly afterwards the crewmate which is responsible for watching over the workings of the protective-formations arrived carrying some spirit-crystals—which seemed faint and almost devoid of spirit-energy—Wei frowned upon seeing that these spirit-crystals of the low-grade only contain twenty-percent of energy left in each one of them! the fatty just silently gave Lin one final glance—which is filled with begrudging-annoyance—before snorting and stashing these spirit-crystals in one of his storage-items.

An action from the merchant which caused Peng Tao to shake his head and ruefully smile.

Finally in the end... Zhang just couldn't keep himself staying still any longer! the strong man walked towards Lin and directly took his stance once he stood in front of the boy... clearly from his attitude the simple man is hoping for a spar with the great-sage... these pair of wide and honest ox-like eyes are burning with eagerness for some action against this new friend of his.

“Back for more huh! well... bring it big guy, let’s see what you’ve got.” Lin stopped his pumma exercise and smiled towards Zhang when the boy saw the strong man stand facing him—in a battle-ready posture—after taking his stance... great-sage Lin gave this earth and fire-energy spirit-cultivator his approval to be a sparring partner in this session.

Once he heard these words... Zhang dashed towards Lin without hesitation! this time however... the simple man aimed to tackle the kid to the ground instead of focusing on throwing any punches or kicks.

“Good choice for an opening-move. When facing enemies which are faster than you are... then you need make sure that your attacks would actually land, especially... if your defense is sturdier than your opponent, trading blow for blow would always be in your favor but... what if you can't catch or reach your opponent no matter how much you tried? hmmm!” Lin easily dissected the motions of Zhang’s action and instantly extended his hands to hold both wrists of the strong man... then the boy lowered his own center of gravity and pulled Zhang's arms over his shoulders while planting his right-foot on the simple man's stomach to throw him over his body towards the back while the great-sage’s own back actually touched the floor but his left-leg actually acted like a hook which was planted on the floor steadily for stability and to be able to draw more force from the ground below him! quickly afterwards Lin sprang his legs outwards after drawing both knees towards his chest which instantly brought him up to his feet once again then the boy slowly turned to face Zhang which just got sent flying... the great-sage asked the muscular simpleton which wasn't affected much by the previous throw and simply got up once again on his two feet then took his stance slowly but... this time Zhang was actually... smiling so widely! “Then... you need to be smart about it, I know that you’re not one who could use complicated tactics but... you can bait your opponent with your actions into a situation which is to your advantage, a situation where you can firmly and surely land a... decisive blow, one move to decide the battle... it takes patience to accomplish that result, it takes courage to make that situation actually happen, you let your opponent tear your flesh piece by piece, you don’t rush the action and wait, you’re one who’s confident in his stamina and prides himself in his great amount of endurance... right? then wait for the perfect opportunity very calmly and patiently... then once you act you break bones and explode inner-organs! you cripple the movement of your opponent, you cut-off their method of evasion... for good. That’s the only way available for you to make the fight... well... more fun for you.” Lin continued to speak and the wide ox-like eyes of Zhang glowed in interest when he heard what the boy said and he nodded again and again before dashing once again towards Lin.

The strong man's motions began to become much harder to read gradually and the true intentions behind every one of his movements weren't revealed until the very last moment... that’s in the eyes of old Tao! someone who once became a tyrant and has lots of experience in life-and-death situations... the oldest spirit-cultivator watched how Zhang and Lin kept exchanging moves together and noticed how the simple man heeded the boy’s advice and began tolerating some hits which landed on his body while waiting patiently and not swinging back... clearly Zhang was seeking a better and certain chance with a higher percentage of succeeding when his own attack is unleashed but... the great-sage always kept himself a few steps ahead of his opponent and never went easy on Zhang. Peng Tao noticed how Lin countered each and every move perfectly with great timing... the boy didn't hesitate to take advantage of each and every flaw in Zhang’s actions while not forgetting to add his own advices and teachings to the simple man! valuable words which taught his opponent how to cover these flaws in his style of combat... old Tao watched Zhang suffer complete defeat against the great-sage but... in his perspective... these pair of hawk-eyes noticed how the strong man's hand-to-hand techniques became more refined and polished while advancing in quality by the minute... the person who began the sparring-match with Lin and the person which is currently engaging the boy in a fierce exchange of blows are the same person yet... the actions does actually does seem completely different! the oldest and most experienced spirit-cultivator imagined Lin in the training-grounds of the five-clans... surrounded by all of the juniors from the five-clans... then after the brats from his Tang-city are taught a harsh lesson by the kid... they get humbled by the boy before they begin to drink from his vast experience and learn from his great character before they steadily grow stronger... generation after generation... united on a single goal—which is making the five-clans stronger—and united on a single front! these thoughts and fantasies caused Peng Tao to shiver from anticipation and excitement... it made old Tao feel homesick and he just couldn't wait for the time that he gets to return back home to Tang-city and see it with his own eyes when it happen.

.......

At noon.

Zhang finally isn't able to go on and fight anymore or be Lin's sparring partner since his body is already bruised and his muscles and joints are aching like... everywhere! Which is much to the simple man’s pleasure actually... lying-down with his body spread on the floor against his back and gasping for air... the strong man closed his wide ox-like eyes to protect his pupils from the strong glare of the sun—which seems like it’s staring directly at him and looking-down at him from the middle of the sky—but... the smile on Zhang’s face can’t be any wider... the satisfaction which filled his heart at that moment just can't be any more than what it already is... the respect which the strong man holds for this new friend of his just got raised a few notches higher after this sparring-match.

Honestly... Lin was indeed quite exhausted physically as well... long before the simple man actually hit the limits of his ability to endure any longer but... whenever the boy felt like he's about to hit his limits... a faint sense of coolness would spread from his chest! that refreshing coolness did actually help the great-sage keep-up with Zhang for a bit longer... then Lin’s spine would heat-up in high temperature which cause a great feeling of incomparable power and strength to flow into his four limbs.

“You're really... really, really strong! Lin... huff, I can't remember... huff, when was I last... time I had such fun... huff, so... hungry right now.” Zhang struggled slightly just to raise his upper-body from the floor when he spoke but... when he opened his eyes the simple man looked up in surprise... because the first thing the strong man saw was the sight of the boy's right-hand which is outstretched to the maximum in a hand-gesture of an open palm to help his sparring-partner get back on his feet.

“It was a good first sparring-match, I'm sure that you’re going to become much stronger in the future... your tenaciousness is a troublesome thing to deal with indeed! just make sure that you don’t forget the things that I said earlier... come talk to me if you’ve anything that’s on your mind.” Lin pulled Zhang up and said with a smile on his face.

“En. Zhang needs to work harder... much harder! otherwise I’ll lose sight of your back if I didn't, don’t worry Lin... I won’t forget a thing.” Zhang scratched his head when he spoke then walked towards the table... once he took his seat the simple man pulled the nearest plate towards himself and began tearing huge chunks of meat with his teeth... in no time his mouth was full of food and the strong man became focused on this task of replenishing his exhausted body with nutrition.

“Brother Lin. Now that you're free... at last! I have something which I would like to discuss with you.” Wei raised a glass of wine to drink after saying that but... his sly and narrow merchant-eyes were studying Lin very closely! It seemed like he's inspecting some piece of valuable-antique.

“Roundabout ways... just don't work on me. Wei. Be forthright and frank whenever you want my help or seek my assistance, else what? you might ask! otherwise... I’ll just show you the stubborn-side of my personality, I’ll intentionally refuse to give aid to you. Remember. Some people are vulnerable... that category of people can be used by other people, while some people are manipulative... that category of people can use other people. Well... I'm neither of those but... those who get to actually use me, those who can make me be their lackey or... if you may say it bluntly... pawn! those are from the rare category... they have to be as strong as grandpa Ming. That’s... at least!” Lin just gave Wei a side-glance then spoke while slowly eating his food... the calm tone of voice from the boy made the air feel slightly heavy around the table.

Peng Tao became antsy when he heard Lin's underlying-threat then glared towards his stingy young-master Wei with a pair of hawk-eyes that warned the fatty not to push his luck with this "little-ancestor" if the fatty actually drew the ire of this young-master Lin? then there wouldn't be any benefits for the five-clans... whatsoever! yet... Wei just smiled genially in return when he heard these words from his brother Lin and nodded towards old Tao to imply that this merchant understands what he’s doing here.

“There's an opportunity to make a fortune but... it has to be done perfectly, with your help of course! say, are you interested?” Tang Wei reiterated his words. This time however... his chubby-face revealed a half-serious and half-expectant expression when he spoke.

“Still with the same method? your words are clearly only aiming to attract my interest! there’s no forthrightness in them whatsoever, so... let me make it simple for you. Be very, very specific if you please... merchant Wei. Take notice that this is going to be the last and final opportunity that you get from me... waste it and I just wouldn’t care anymore, to be honest there’s a lot on my plate right now, I don’t have time to waste on distractions, I might seem free and open for much but... actually there’s a plan that I’ve got to follow, and goals that I’ve got to achieve,” With the same disinterested tone of voice Lin said while pulling another plate which is filled with chunks of tender meat closer to eat. “Thank you lady-cook, you worked hard so far and prepared some good meals for me and my buddy, I know that it must’ve been quite a struggle to satisfy my little-glutton... believe me I know how it feels to feed my partner! so... make sure all your colleagues from the kitchen do receive enough to eat from the same cuisine that your staff bring to my table as long as I’m your guest. No need to look towards him... because he has got no say in the matter, all the expenses for mine and your meals would be paid from my own pockets, I don't need minions which aren't fully fed and healthy,” Lin turned towards the middle-aged and slightly rough-looking lady—which have been overseeing the working staff from the kitchen ever since the feeding-frenzy began between Sun and Wei—then said... when one of the crewmates—which have been serving their food—looked towards the fatty the boy just spoke about the merchant like he doesn’t exist at all in this situation! then the great sage turned to look towards Wei and said : “If I said... that I can steal your travelling-companions from you in a heartbeat... just like that! would you believe me? call it that I would charm them with my charismatic character and great future-prospects, or... that I would manipulate their minds, buying their loyalty with riches and valuables isn’t even a far-fetched option, the ultimate goal here... is me gaining their loyalty, let’s say that I succeeded. What now merchant Wei? you're alone, you’re weak, and the most unfortunate for you in that situation would be... that you’re full of riches! a single word is all it would take, I can simply spread with my soul-sense and whisper your location and situation, you’d be in a foreign-land and away from the safety of your people and incomparably close to the danger of this spirit-world and under the mercy of fate itself and peoples’ twisted-hearts, surrounded by greedy enemies from everywhere, and can't protect yourself or your possessions. Remember. That in that situation... I’m actually being merciful... because I can take your possessions for myself from the very beginning and just toss your fat-ass to the ocean butt-naked to swim back to the shore or become food to whatever organisms that live here! but... I wouldn’t take that option, let’s just say that I’m a sick-minded person who just wants to see you dance on hot iron. Now... tell me what would you do in that situation? I'm actually curious to know, how exactly would a merchant like you behave if he’s backed against the wall?” Lin rested his back on the chair then relaxed his chin on one of his knuckles after wiping his hands clean. The boy dismissed the staff of waiters with a simple gesture of his hand and lady-cook quickly took her confused-underlings away towards the kitchen after boss Tao gave her the signal to scram... like now! the great-sage spoke languidly then waited for Wei to answer to this scenario—which Lin hypothesized—clearly the boy was aiming to show Wei and Tao the limits of power money can give its owner.

“Hiss!...” Peng Tao just sucked a deep breath in when he heard these words from the great-sage! because the oldest spirit-cultivator on the ship was really stunned by how Lin was clearly revealing a daring, imposing, and... how to describe it? a "different" side of himself to Tao's hawk-like eyes.

“Hmmm!... I would just give them everything that I’ve got and hope to keep my head, because I can always go back and bully them after making some more money... easy, right?” Wei squinted slightly while replying but... the look in his eyes was almost completely hidden by the fatty’s thick and narrow-eyelids! the merchant is really overweight however... Lin just couldn't peer into Tang Wei’s body with his ability of soul-sense to see if this fellow is having any sort of physical-ailment—which is causing all these layers of fat below the man’s skin—the boy couldn't scan any of the spirit-cultivators on this ship because the spirit-energy within their bodies blocked his soul-sense from actually seeing anything below the layers of clothe on-top of their skin... maybe if the great-sage used the skill of soul-gaze it might actually forcefully accomplish that result but... clearly such a drastic measure would cause harm on anyone who receives it! not to mention that Wei's lightening-energy is especially prickly to Lin’s soul-force... the boy is about ninety-percent or so sure that he can still forcefully scan Wei's body with his soul-sense anyway however... not only would that be an extremely rude thing to do but also the action would be extremely harmful to the fatso's money-grubbing soul.

Finally Wei nodded while thinking about the words which Lin mentioned about upgrading the treatment of the workforce on this ship during his stay... since there's only three more days until the end of their journey then there’s actually no harm in letting these people be treated by his brother Lin! after all these rowdy-bunch would only go as far as pearl harbor with them... and his little-brother Lin just said that he’s actually paying for it so there’s no harm at all... Wei and his friends would join another group in pearl-city then travel "pearl-road" together with the second-group... once the fatty arrives in mercenary-city he’d part-ways with the second-group too! meanwhile the crewmates within the ship would dock in pearl-harbor to repair and resupply the ship with products from various empires within the southern-continent then make another journey towards the western-islands after taking a month or so of preparation... before Wei could even return once again to Tang-city! maybe the fatty wouldn’t make that journey ever again... the merchant just didn't want to blow-up his cover by making frequent visits to the western-islands or any other direction within the spirit-world... because if the cultivation-alliance actually sniffed-out their plans then Tang Wei and the five-clans would be forced into passivity... the fatty and their ancestor Tang Jianyu would certainly be in a very tough-position because both of them would’ve to start making plans, fake identities, pathways to smuggle spirit-resources, and finally reliable connections... from scratch! once Wei's group is in pearl-harbor successfully they'd have to act very "low-key" all the way until their small group actually reach the first city within the Dou-empire... from that city? it’s safe for them to consider themselves safe from being bullied openly and without reason by the people from the cultivation-alliance... even if their identities does have solid proof that their small group is completely and entirely unrelated to the five-clans and that they’re just normal people doing business within the Dou-empire! outside either of the Dou-empire or Cai-empire it’s very possible for those from the cultivation-alliance to unreasonably demand fees or thorough-inspection from any merchant or suspicious-looking groups for no reason other than just... because they actually saw them for example... as being so "suspicious" history has proven it... that nobody be that an organization, sect or faction would actually dare to stand-up and defend the people from the five-clans in situations like these! otherwise the cultivation-alliance would just suppress all those who actually dared to uphold justice or... make things difficult for those "courageous fools" by branding them accomplices of the five-clans before robbing them clean or... worse! but... unbeknownst to Wei is that... Lin actually plans to give those who serve or assist him the best kind of treatment possible... that’s everywhere the goes from that moment onwards! this generous behavior from the great-sage would be a source of endless annoyance and frustration—which feels like a constant pain in the ass—for this fat and terribly-greedy merchant.

“Some thieves and bandits has a habit of assuring their safety, and the only safe enemy is... a dead enemy! now... do you see my point? since you’re so greedy I thought that you would’ve choose some interesting method... like manipulating the greed within your enemies and leading them into a trap then taking their wealth and your own before escaping or something of the sort, never-mind me asking. Go-on... tell me what do you have in mind... that great opportunity of yours.” Lin was really disappointed in how Tang Wei only seems to have surrendering his valuables—to save his fat-soul—if he’s faced with a difficult scenario that he couldn’t avoid... the boy changed the topic back to its original course then waited for the fatty to say his proposition... hopefully in details this time! but... after hearing these words from the great-sage Wei frowned deeply once he understood the hidden-consequences of the choice—that he thought would be the safest and most direct option to avoid danger—yet... after a few seconds—which the merchant spent squeezing his brain and still couldn't find a better answer to Lin's scenario at least one that’s better than the hint that his brother Lin gave in the end—the fatty just shook his head helplessly then shrugged... because scheming and planning ahead of people just isn’t his "forte" only if profit isn’t involved in the grand-scheme of things. After all... this kid just doesn't seem to be after Wei’s or the five-clans destruction! from the way the boy is speaking he only seems to aim to open the eyes of Wei to the vulnerable points and weaknesses of his personality... just like the great-sage did earlier to the other spirit-cultivators in the merchant’s group. However... the one who became shocked once again is Peng Tao himself... the oldest spirit-cultivator on the ship felt like he just sensed slightly below the surface of Lin’s methods and ability to scheme after hearing these words from the boy! because old Tao understood instantly that Wei’s course of action in Lin’s imaginary scenario is very wrong—since those who steal does indeed tend to eliminate any chance for news to spread because others might come knocking on their doors later to steal from them if the fatty lived to tell the tales of his misfortune—but... being a former-combatant himself... Peng Tao could only think of one possible way for Wei to actually come-out alive from that scenario... the merchant just stall for time until he’s completely surrounded by every single enemy then... he strip himself completely naked and scatter these valuables of his like everywhere around him before escaping as fast as he can during the hustle-and-bustle when these enemies are in chaos to get their hands on something valuable. Still... the oldest spirit-cultivator and the boy could be said that they’re both taking advantage of others’ greed yet... their methods of using that greed are completely on different standards and their schemes are of a completely different depth and quality but... old Tao’s method is much safer and simpler while Lin’s hint screamed the meaning difficult and dangerous since people aren’t just dumb and stupid to believe that instead of just taking what they have in front of them and cut this Wei and feed him to aquatic-beasts—which could possibly become a loose-end if he happened to escape—they keep him so that they might get their hands on more treasures and valuables... actually during that scenario... the fatty should fear the dumb and stupid among thieves! meanwhile the smart and conniving ones among the thieves would be hard to trick and keep in a loop yet... the calm and confident look within the boy’s gold-eyes just rattled Peng Tao to his very core because from it he actually began to believe that this kid can actually play whomever between his fingers if he so happens to be in Wei’s shoes within that imaginary-scenario.

“There's a huge fighting-arena in mercenary-city. So... I’m talking about when we reach that city here, if... brother Lin actually agrees on participating in one of its events, then... I’m willing to place all of the cl-... cough! I mean my assets, and bet on your win... of course! no-matter how many fights you take, no-matter how many opponents you decide to take-on in your fights, but... your opponents shouldn’t be spirit-lords or anything of the sort. Your grandpa... senior Ming might end me if you hurt yourself, since these fights tend to become bloody and dangerous, not to mention that those in that major-realm—and the one below it in rank—are already considered from a generation which is one or two-times your senior! but... I’m willing to risk my fat here, senior Ming can roast me later if he sees me wrong, I would take all the precautions that I can make to ensure your safety and pay for a spirit-king to intervene before you get seriously hurt. That’s why I must clearly say this before you answer with a yes! brother Lin... you can’t be my partner unless you agree that you wouldn’t show all of your abilities from the get go, because if you gradually reveal some of your strength while you fight then... I'm sure that I can help you make a fortune in the shortest time possible. If we complete this task successfully? then I’m sure that I can give the people from my five-clans more hope for a brighter future after generations which we spent under suppression.” Wei spoke honestly of his intentions while looking straight towards Lin's gold-pupils... despite being greedy the fatty was never stingy or lazy when it comes to helping his clansmen.

“What if? by some odd and unexpected chance... that I suffer a loss at some point. Hmmm!” Lin asked while resuming his meal... because that short pause which he took earlier made the boy’s stomach roil and rumble! the great-sage sensed it clearly... these rude hunger-bangs gave him a serious warning which seemed to be like : 'You better not stop eating now... otherwise the sounds of our complaints would only continue to be louder and louder! you’re from the sensitive-type of people... remember? now... quickly move these hands... or else!' Honestly... the boy felt like "gluttony" is just pranking him! but... within the soul-world Ming shook his head to deny these incorrect thoughts.

“I'm willing to take that loss... as long as you're not intentionally losing on purpose... of course!” Wei didn't hesitate to reply with a wide smile on his face.

Meanwhile old Tao just shook his head when he heard Lin while feeling sorry for the boy’s future-opponents in advance! because even back when the oldest spirit-cultivator was in his "glory days" Peng Tao just can't see himself winning against the version of Lin which is seriously aiming for the win... from where they're currently located until they reach mercenary-city it would take at least a couple months! during that time... who knows how much stronger the boy would be exactly? after just one glance at the turbid-breath—which the great-sage exhaled after concluding the last session of spirit-cultivating—old Tao understood that Lin is still working on clearing his first major-meridian. That realization really puzzled the oldest spirit-cultivator on the ship very much! since from Lai’s explanation earlier... the boy’s grandfather that formidable senior Ming said in his introduction that he "has no time to send Lin back home to the western-continent" meanwhile Lin personally said to Peng Tao that "his clan exists in a forbidden area!" there isn’t a lot of forbidden areas in the western-continent to begin with... the barbarians already enjoy risking their lives in normal since long ago... such instances and locations are like hot directions for the perfect vacation when it comes to how normal people think about having fun! but... what confuses old Tao is that he now understands that Lin awakened his martial-spirit at the tender age of less than four years old yet... only now is he beginning to work on clearing his first major-meridian and embark on the correct path towards higher attainment in spirit-cultivation... at the age of six! just why? why waste two years of the boy’s life? delaying these two years must’ve wasted so much potential for such a startling-genius... attainment which Lin could’ve attained in the near future are now delayed for much later. After reaching these realizations... it made Tao really wonder in depth... was all of it intentionally made and done by the boy’s grandfather? to grind the kid’s ego and stabilize his personality maybe? but... how much further would someone seek maturity of the mind from their offspring? that senior Ming must be someone who’s really formidable in attainment and much more so when it comes to farsightedness.

“Let’s say that if... I found that fighting-arena in that mercenary-city being actually to my liking, and that there’s nothing shady going-on behind the scenes then... I actually have no problem in getting some action! especially if I’m going to make profit while doing so.” Lin gave his answer while revealing his bottom-line to Wei. The fatty on the other end just smiled widely after releasing a sigh.

"Good, good, good! brother Lin. You won't be disappointed for sure but... once we reach the pearl-harbor we actually need to hide our identities, at least until we reach the lands of the Dou-empire, we would be acting like I’m an ordinary merchant from the Sunrise-empire from now on until we reach mercenary-city. So... just act norma-... I mean low-key once we arrive there! let us handle everything from that point onwards, under any circumstances... don't speak with anyone, don’t take action against anyone, even if you do see others make it difficult for us or... intentionally bully our group! because... that's the way it’s in these areas—which are controlled by the cultivation-alliance—we really can't afford the loss that would follow any kind of confrontation with these people right now. I doubt they'd lower themselves to question the identity of a spirit-apprentice but... if they do? then don't mention your grandfather, your origin, or your true name. They might slaughter us to take you from us or... harm you if there’s any kind of enmity between senior Ming and the cultivation-alliance, either way we can’t risk it.” Wei began to explain some of the difficulties which his group face in each journey outside the borders of the two-empires.

“I see... then I can be some orphan which you people found in one of the western-islands, one which you kindheartedly decided to take under your wing, to become one of your guards and join your service in the future, my name is Ming... I have mediocre talent when it comes to spirit-cultivation. Since I look older for my true age then I'm almost nine and just awakened my martial-spirit, to help you make that identity solid... I won't cultivate my spirit-energy until we're clear from suspicious eyes, but... since I can’t keep delaying my spirit-cultivation for too long, you’re obliged to notify me when there’s an available chance to safely do so without alerting your enemies.” Lin said and Tao nodded when he heard the history of the identity which the boy just fabricated—while feeling sorry for this "little-ancestor"—who’s willing to delay improving his second-most important aspect more than it already is! and deep gratitude towards the kid whose current attitude isn’t any different from any of the spirit-cultivators within Wei’s group. After quickly getting up from his seat and leaving the table... the oldest spirit-cultivator in the ship went and gathered all the crewmates then told them Lin's new identity... then followed his words with a severe warning! there would only be certain death for those who talk about Lin or anything related to the events that followed his arrival on the ship... by Peng Tao’s own hands if he heard a single word about the kid even if it happened long after they arrive in the harbor.

Zhang is a simpleton but... the strong man isn't an idiot! the simple man easily scratched the name Lin and replaced it with the name Ming instead... the boy is going to remain being his friend anyway... then names just don't matter anymore... honestly he’s been used to the names of those in this group changing long ago. Soon after old Tao left Wang arrived carrying Sun on his shoulder... the handsome-man smiled when he noticed how his simpleminded friend is staring widely at Lin who still kept eating without showing any signs of being close to actually being full yet! especially since Zhang's own belly is currently inflated outwards in a very round shape.

“Hello... Ming!” Wang said while taking his seat next to Lin on the left-hand side... Sun changed shoulders and jumped on the boy's shoulder then began to lick the cheek of his buddy while spreading his cute-looking bat-wings.

“Good afternoon. Do you guys go by different names too?” Lin fed Sun some meat with his hand while asking Wei who seemed to be deeply brooding about something with that profit-oriented mind of his.

“They—our enemies within the cultivation-alliance—doesn't know that we're already working under their noses, it’s just that all of us share the same clan... the name of our clan is Cheng instead of Tang, Liao, Peng, Wang, and Zhang. We're one happy merchant-clan which takes the long trade road from east of the southern-continent to its west all year around while making some little profit from it because most of our merchandize actually isn’t spirit-resources! unfortunately... we don't have any way to disguise our faces without risking being discovered by the people from the alliance, that's why our clans made sure that my features and the others... remain a complete secret since we were slightly older than you, there's others already masquerading themselves and replacing us within Tang-city to help perfect this operation, of course... they look completely different than us! but... only old Tao isn't like us—with a fake identity—because of his actions while saving my big-brother Hao back then in that unfortunate incident... it’s known by the cultivation-alliance that Peng Tao has left the five-clans after we failed to help him fix his issue of vitality-deterioration or compensate the man for his honorable deeds. Peng Tao left Tang-city and settled here within pearl-harbor under the pretense of seeking to live the rest of his days under the care of some head-butler from the Cheng clan who’s responsible for overseeing the Cheng clan’s business operations from the west and into the east... while hoping to find a way to heal his old-wounds and regain his cultivation or... the ability to cultivate again! some secret about Lai's talent in the dao of blade-intent got leaked somehow two years ago but... thankfully his features are yet to be uncovered and still remain hidden.” Wei proudly spoke about how they’re sneakily operating and hoodwinking their enemies! their enemies which are some of the highest links in the chain of command within the cultivation-alliance.

“Then old Tao’s job would end once we're at the harbor... right? according to what you just said... he doesn't go any further.” Lin asked.

“En. Our five-clans publicly announced to the whole world that... if old Tao dares to enter the Dou-empire or the Cai-empire? then we would send our strongest to eliminate the traitor who lost faith in the five-clans, the one who scorned our sacred-mission of reviving ourselves back to what we once were... since he’s a coward who abandoned us in our dire time of need, even at the first-stage of the major-realm of grandmaster... he’s still a strong asset for the clan.” Wei smiled and winked towards Lin while introducing the "traitor" who just returned to the table after warning the crewmates about the forbidden topic then notifying and updating Lai—who’s still sitting alone in the formation-core—about the kid’s new identity then old Tao told the blade-user that he can take a breather for now.

“Quite a noble person indeed... he’s shouldering the traitor brand like it’s nothing! I guess my previous statement about gaining the loyalty of your people is clearly flawed... because I doubt that old Tao here would've jumped-ship into my ranks.” Lin smiled when he saw Peng Tao sit there with a melancholic smile on his face and slowly smoothening his long beard while a look that’s full of longing and homesickness is inside these hawk-like eyes of his.

“If it was a decade or so ago? I really would've done so... without any hesitation actually! young master Lin. After meeting you, I feel like I would be returning back to the clan soon, not only that... I have a feeling of certainty, that my five-clans would overcome their predicament with your or your grandfather’s aid.” Tao said that then raised his glass of wine and offered the boy his salutations.

“Ming! don't be the first one to tongue-slip now old man, I’ll play in the favor of your five-clans in this game, since seeing the underdog actually winning... is one of the sure-fire ways to pull a wide-smile on my face, you just sit tight and wait for the good news, I promise to give you a good show! only if... your five-clans are indeed wronged from beginning to end, this Ming doesn’t choose sides without knowing the details and circumstances.” Lin raised his glass of juice to return the gesture then spoke before drinking it.

“Heh. Just hearing these words... is going to make me laugh even in my sleep.” Tao said and Wang, Zhang, and Wei felt waves of excitement overtake their bodies after hearing Lin's promise. None of them seemed to care about the words which the boy said in the end.

“Wang. Guess what? earlier before I lost to Ming once again! he actually never used anything in our sparring-match other than the strength of his physique... during our sparring I couldn't hit him even once... I kept getting countered...” Zhang began to speak with his best-friend and told him about what happened in the few hours that he spent cultivating... meanwhile Lin ate in silence and Sun joined the meal—like the glutton which he's—while listening to the big guy's tale! after finishing his meal the boy left the table and resumed his meditation on soul-force this time... the great-sage already understands that his soul aspect is ahead of any other aspect—despite being agreed upon among many in this world in being the hardest aspect of all systems or schools of thought—of course... Lin knows that the sudden increase in his soul-cultivation—which happened earlier—is only because of the huge amount of help that Jin Bao's sacrifice caused... the trapped cultivator left a lot of his primordial soul-source in the boy’s soul-world—which enabled Lin to quickly ascend to the realm of soul-clone—then old Tao's snake-venom wine—which gave another boost of growth to the great-sage’s soul-force—but... in comparison to Jin Bao's previous attainments in soul-cultivation—within the realm of soul-clone—then Lin would lose if he met Jin Bao in a clash of soul-force! not only because Jin Bao would be more volatile, adept, and expert while using soul-force in its raw form but also the man’s arsenal of soul-abilities would be more amble and varied. After all... the boy actually can only use a few abilities from the soul-strengthening technique! beginning with the soul-link, soul-web, soul-candle, soul-sense, and... soul-gaze but... so far the ability of soul-gaze still remain incomplete. So... if the great-sage adds his own style of using the concentrated soul-force—which is the ability when Lin compresses his soul-force in zones which are much narrower in range compared to the maximum-range—to either use it to control, move objects or... to suppress others who stand in the range of his shrunken soul-force then... the boy is only able to use six soul-abilities! well... five and half to be completely fair and honest. Meanwhile... in the soul-strengthening technique there's actually nine abilities being mentioned with instructions on how to methodically use them but... the sky is and has always been the limit when it comes to using and applying soul-force usage. The great-sage noticed that it’s being mentioned a lot within the information which Jin Bao sent him about the soul-strengthening technique, “Never limit yourselves to the teachings of the technique itself... try not to learn the nine abilities without seeking to create your abilities and broaden your horizons until you find the most suitable style for yourselves... constantly meditate and comprehend the workings of the world and its laws before you try and add your own comprehensions to these nine abilities... always seek your own paths for soul-cultivation” such sayings means that Lin has to be creative with his soul-force and take the soul-strengthening technique like some reference! who can be more creative than great sage Lin? if there’s someone in this spirit-world? then the boy wishes to meet said person so that he gets the opportunity to learn from them... next ability to be learned from the soul-strengthening technique is called... soul-search but... unlike the savage way of soul-scouring which devil-cultivators—incubators—use to forcefully pillage and extract information from their enemies when needed! soul-searching is much more gentle and safe in comparison... if used by a strong and expert soul-cultivator? then it can be harmless to the primordial soul-source of spirit-cultivators if they’re above the realm of spirit-master. The aim of this ability is to know the deepest secrets of other cultivators from any other system... since it’s much more difficult to achieve against other soul-cultivators above the realm of soul-returner without damaging the soul-source beyond limit and leaving their subject a complete idiot! that's why soul-cultivators in the clone-realm are extremely feared and dreaded by every other school of thought in this world of cultivation... if they happened to get captured by such formidable soul-cultivator? then that soul-cultivator can take his sweet time to extract information from them... resist? they would only be suffering from more soul-torment if they did! and there’s no degree of pain which is easy or endurable when it comes to the pain of the soul.

Now is the hardest part when learning this ability of soul-search... just who is going to be Lin's test subject? the boy can’t ask these guys to become his playthings for trials which might hurt the soul-source... like badly! while using that ability on these rowdy crewmates who has mortal-souls which are much weaker than those in the realm of weak-soul... because doing so would burn the primordial soul-source within these people like thin paper which is wet with oil... without the great-sage actually getting any time or chance see many information from any of the crewmates... even Jin Bao who’s once a soul-clone... the memories of the man were mixed-up and missing years’ worth of information when Lin ingested the silver-clouds of primordial-source!

“Hmmm. Looks like I don’t have any chance to learn this ability right now. whatever... next ability then.” Lin muttered faintly then searched within the information of the soul-strengthening technique for the next ability... this ability is mentioned to be a restricting-ability with the sole purpose in forcing the soul of the opponent into total submission and complete halt... which causes the connection between the soul and body or soul and spirit to be severed! once it happens... the target’s soul becomes completely isolated within a strong barricade of soul-force in what appears to be a formation... since within the introductions there’s some runes and inscriptions that are required before fully initiating the ability itself.

“Soul-lock! senior Kai once said that the formation which is trapping old Jin Bao is called time-lock soul-formation... is there some kind of relation between this ability and the formation?” Lin looked towards Ming in the soul-world then asked but he only received a careless shrug from the deadly-sin in return, “Let me ask him then... I just hope that he wouldn't get angry at me or anything! since I’m always disturbing him with my own matters.” The boy said and Ming gave a vulgar gesture of revealing his middle-finger towards the raccoon... since this brother of his never forgotten about how the "little-fleabag" actually dared to take advantage of Lin’s kindness which forced the great-sage to humble himself and beg while kowtowing towards the talking-raccoon.

'Senior Kai. This junior has some confusions and is seeking your guidance... do I get the delight of being honored by your wise reply or should I just keep my silence after apologizing for this impudence of mine?' Lin sent this message with his soul-sense towards the ring of origin and hopefully waited for an answer but... his wait prolonged for some time which was much to his sorry.

“Let's just focus on making our preparations before we actually learn the ability itself then.” The boy didn't feel saddened after Kai ignored him and began to focus on taking the first few steps before the soul-lock ability... unlike the other abilities—which the great-sage already knows how to use—this ability of soul-lock has a delicate approach and certain steps and certain preparations—which must be taken and made—before Lin gets to use the ability itself. The previous abilities like soul-sense or soul-gaze use soul-force in the raw form while requiring certain acupoint on the body to be unlocked or... certain amount of soul-force! soul-lock requires the soul-force itself not only to be compressed but also it requires certain actions to be done beforehand... first is to itch the required runes and inscriptions on his soul-body—preferably the two of them—around the third-eye the silver soul-eye... since within the soul-world the boy actually could already materialize anything—the great-sage might feel like forming or creating—like every and... anything! within that soul-world... Lin is practically no different from what others within his previous-life might call a "God" that high-entity... which the boy firmly believes is the one which created his previous universe—and probably this spirit-world—and for some reason unknown to the great-sage... that same "entity" has it in its "supreme-will" to cause both the disintegration-shockwaves to happen someday to destroy the universe of his previous-life! and Lin's success before his death... in creating the material—which could resist the disintegration-shockwaves and isolate the high-degrees of heat that accompanies it—but... such power and capability doesn't just come by so freely within the soul-world. Just like how old Jin Bao sacrificed his primordial-source to save Lin from the clutches of death by protecting and isolating the boy’s weak soul-body with a barrier of silver-clouds—which resisted Mia’s materialized sword-intent and time-energy—great-sage Lin understood after he experienced the revolting soul-pain... that if it wasn't for Jin Bao's fast and timely-reaction to contain Lin's soul... then the boy would've certainly died or... in best-case scenario... the great-sage might've been turned into a fleshly-vessel with a primordial-soul—which is wiped of its sanity and devoid of emotions—a "vegetable" or an "idiot" like what cultivators of this spirit-world call those who are unfortunate to receive such sorry fate. Lin actually needs to sacrifice parts of his primordial-source too! in-order to create something which is "tangible" out of something which is "ethereal" if the boy merely uses raw soul-force to form something or make something appear inside the soul-world? then the great-sage has to keep sacrificing some of his concentration and awareness to keep what he forms or creates remaining in existence within the soul-world... once Lin or Ming redistribute that awareness or concentration towards something else? then... that object which was conjured just disappears! but... if they used their primordial-source while conjuring anything? then instead of having to focus on keeping anything within the soul-world with awareness... everything made with soul-source permanently remains within the soul-world. Of course... the loss of Lin's primordial-source during this process—of creating the runes and inscriptions—isn't permanent! otherwise the loss of soul-source would just be pointless... even if the ability of soul-lock itself is extremely useful. Because the permanent loss of soul-source could lead to a drop in a major-realm when it comes to soul-cultivation! and the weakness of soul-force would eventually lead to an all-over weakness in all abilities... the gain just doesn’t equal the loss. From here onwards the boy needs to inscribe certain inscriptions and runes around his silver soul-eye with silver-ink made from primordial-source... very carefully! not only that but also the great-sage has to fill every inscription and rune with soul-force piece by piece and part by part... to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the soul-formation that should appear in the end. Before using the ability—which is called soul-lock by the soul-strengthening technique—Lin has to prepare his third-eye the silver soul-eye itself... so that it would be capable of enduring the intensely concentrated soul-force that would pass through it after being accumulated into a single point by the soul-formation around it! just like how nobody can throw a proper punch without having correct form, strong muscles, and appropriate bone-density... nobody can use the ability of soul-lock without a strong soul-eye... otherwise the third-eye might actually be injured by the backlash. This duration of preparation is a process that’s considered by many soul-cultivators in being a training of some kind to the third-eye itself! happy like always while trying new things... in any and all kinds. Lin began forcing-out parts and pieces of silver-clouds—which are primordial-source—from his own and Ming's soul-bodies... these silver-clouds are the materialization of their purest soul-force! soon after these silver-clouds appeared they were transformed with a single thought from the boy... the great-sage turned the silver-clouds into thick silver-liquid which resembled mercury a lot before slowly—according to the instructions from the soul-strengthening technique—guiding that silver-liquid into sinking deep at the skin of the foreheads of their soul-bodies! slowly and gradually... the shape of the first-inscription began to appear and once each line actually formed successfully a pulse of silver-color would glow on it and its surrounding runes but... the cost of the few faint and thin lines—which were successfully formed—is extreme exhaustion and mental fatigue.

“This is like really, really... hard and troublesome work! whenever I remember that this miniature inscription of runes and lines for this ability of soul-lock is actually nothing compared the one which is required for the next ability I feel like... fuck whoever created this shitty soul-cultivation technique! it’s more like soul-weakening technique from where we stand... this work would take us at least two more sessions to finish, which is at least a few weeks from my estimations.” Ming said while dropping to rest his back on the golden water below his feet and spread his arms to the side while cursing... from the look of it this deadly-sin is obviously really exhausted.

“We're in no rush. Say... how do you think it would feel to be able to lock someone’s soul?” Lin was supporting his head under his arms while looking upwards at the endless darkness—which is beyond the domain that’s lit-up by the range of his soul-sense—while frowning slightly since the maximum-range of his soul-sense has shrunk back to a zone of one-hundred kilometers but... since that’s only momentarily—until the boy regains back the soul-source that he sacrifices earlier with enough rest and meditation—then he can be patient and endure the disadvantage and setbacks that accompany these preparations.

“I don’t know. Maybe it would be like... imprisoning someone wearing an anti-microwave armor with microwaves! but... I guess it would be just like how it would feel for us if we found someone actually able to come into this soul-world to hold us against our will... I guess it would be that sort of frustration for others too.” Ming said then got up and used his set of dark-gold wings to circle around Lin while doing some acrobatics which looked absolutely nonsensical yet funny in some sort of weird way.

“I suppose you're right there... then, see you later brother, one of us has to sleep to fix this domain and... it’s going to be me.” Lin smiled and said his goodbyes before leaving the soul-world... the boy needs to take a good nap before he actually begins to search for a way to figure-out how to use that fire-intent of his.

Once he opened his eyes great-sage Lin saw Sun chase after Wang's martial-spirit everywhere on the ship... meanwhile the crewmates themselves ran away from the path of the two large beasts! some of them actually choose from the ship to avoid being run-over or after getting "pushed lightly" by Sun or Wang's ice-leopard.

“What’s going on?” Lin asked Lai which was acting as the boy’s bodyguard this time.

“Your tiger kept annoying and harassing Wang for a while but... once he activated his martial-spirit! that... happened. It seems like your pet likes to play with it... like a lot! Ming. If you’ll excuse me, I need to resume my... you know.” Lai answered at once while removing his wide-blade to train.

“En. Go ahead and do your thing.” The great-sage waved the blade-user off and stood-up on his feet.

Liao Lai nodded and took his distance away from the boy... Zhang has already returned to his room to resume his spirit-cultivation once Lin began his meditation... meanwhile it’s Tao’s turn to take charge in guarding Lin next... while Wei—like always—is already snoring loudly while hugging his fortunes in his cabin... Wang’s turn comes after Peng Tao and the handsome-man himself is having fun talk with the crewmates about... whatever they’re talking about! these lot doesn’t seem to become bored at all... as long as they’re talking then they can waste years’ worth of time without feeling regret.

“Purr!...” Sun stopped his game of tag with Wang's ice-leopard and naughtily nudged the great-sage after stopping in front of him.

“Knock it off buddy! next time you play you should be extremely careful so that you wouldn’t hurt others... these minions of mine are not as strong as the baldies back home,” Lin removed the skin of his face from the torment of Sun's barbed tongue then looked towards Peng Tao—who stood to the side and kept smiling—and asked : “Old Tao. Where do I get some rest on this ship?” The oldest spirit-cultivator on the ship didn't verbally answer but... he gestured with his hand by pointing below deck with a wider-smile on his face.

“Ming the orphan... sleeps in the lower layers with the rest of the crewmates huh! good choice, notice that even I don't know how long my body would require from sleep this time, so please, don’t wake me up unless it’s a... must. Buddy. Are you coming? or... uh-huh! alright then, you... you behave yourself now, do you hear me? no more games of tag with that... thing! at least until Wei says we're actually clear from suspicious eyes, we don’t want to give these guys any trouble, and you... dandy! stop tolerating Sun’s demands because of me, will you? honestly! what’s with you guys? one thing after another...” Lin nodded and moved towards the open hatch stairs which lead to the lower layers after taking away some of the red-tiger’s fun with him... and scolding the handsome-man in a tone of voice which caused the crewmates to feel vindicated since some of them felt like Wang was intentionally teasing them by letting his ice-leopard bump-into them or lead that red-tiger into scaring them with its excited chase.

One of the crewmates quickly led "Ming" to his sleeping-quarters after Peng Tao signaled for him to follow the boy... the great-sage smiled when he found that his bed is in a cramped corner within the belly of this ship—which has barely any room left for Lin to move freely within it without actually knocking or hitting something—next to him on the same layer is the sleeping-quarters for the chefs and the kitchen-staff plus the kitchen-area! the boy immediately noticed that the crewmates he met on his way downwards would give him a knowing look and polite nod whenever they passed one another in these narrow passageways of the lower layers. After all... Lin raised the quality of their meals with a few words from his mouth! despite calling them "minions" earlier the great-sage never bullied any of them unlike how Lai is used to do since long in the past... honestly... the boy was really so mentally-exhausted to care about all that admiration or feelings of gratitude from these people... the great-sage felt so spent that sleep actually hit home once his head touched the pillows of that small yet comfortable bed.

...........

“Ming... Ming... wake up! we're almost in the territory of the harbor, you and I need to be on deck with the rest for inspection, we need to be up there early or we might be in trouble, I don't want to be accused of smuggling... since smugglers get decapitated! I have a family back home... you know.” Lin opened his eyes when the crewmate who led him to his room began to shake him gently while speaking to himself in a worried tone of voice.

“I'm awake. How... long was I asleep?” While rubbing his eyes lazily the boy asked before raising his back up and sitting on bed.

“Two days now! I... heard that boss Tao harshly reprimanded boss Zhang for taking it too far during his sparring-match with you,” The crewmate answered while moving a washing basin closer to the great-sage and a flask of clear water so that he could wash his face then placed a clean and folded towel next to him on bed, “Breakfast is ready and waiting for you up there. The kitchen-staff helped the chefs and lady-cook personally prepared for you the best of cuisines on her menu... just to thank you since you spoke for us to young-master Wei... some of the guys couldn’t believe it and actually thought it was a scheme from our young-master Wei to deduct from our wages after they saw the food on their table being the same like the one on the bosses’ table! hehe... they’re already feeling sad that you didn’t join the ride much earlier.” The man patted Lin's shoulder once in the end after he spoke about the reaction of his fellow-crewmates... then the crewmate froze in place while feeling anxiousness and nervousness! because... what the man just did by pure reflex could be taken as an offensive-gesture from a "lowly-mortal" by many spirit-cultivators... not to mention how this spirit-cultivator isn’t your normal spirit-cultivator... the kid kicked ass three days ago and embarrassed every spirit-cultivator on the ship. This crewmate has a son who’s about Lin's age back in Tang-city and the man reflexively did to Lin just like how he’s used to do to his boy whenever he’s encouraging him to keep up the good work.

“Old man. There’s no need to be afraid of me... I don’t enjoy bullying the weak, and I'm not offended by what you just did earlier so... calm yourself! you’re so frightened that I’m afraid that you’ll get a stroke or a heart-attack, sit and try to breathe normally because... actually I’ve got good news for you and your fellow crewmates. Listen to this... later I’ll make sure to talk with old Tao, to... ensure that this treatment doesn't change after I'm gone, but... you better keep that to yourself for now, because... if Wei got to hear about it? I guess you already understand how greedy that young-master of yours can become.” Lin saw the wariness in the man's eyes and calmed him with a smile.

“I... understand. The fishers has already done their best to hunt some creatures from the ocean, while the kitchen-staff and the team of chefs didn't complain to lady-cook at all about getting overworked, it’s only that... young-master Wei kept frowning deeper and deeper! whenever the storage-keeper updated him about how much is being used of his precious spices, seasoning oil, vegetables, fruits, and other ingredients.” The man said while looking down at his own hand... he really seems like he's not planning to wash it anymore after patting this boy’s shoulder without being sent flying in return.

“Let him frown I don’t care at all about what that fatty might think. It isn't right to ignore your next-door neighbor if he’s suffering... what makes it worse? if you sleep on a full-belly while your seventh-neighbor is having water or nothing at all for dinner!” Lin said before leaving and the man who stood there stunned by what he heard in the end from the great-sage! finally the man followed the boy towards the uppermost layer with a wide-grin on his face.

Lin directly went towards his table to eat breakfast... meanwhile the working-force of this ship kept looking towards him with gazes full of praise and gratitude after his generous gesture.

“Hmmm! hey, someone is quickly flying straight towards us.” The boy's soul-sense picked-up a man wearing red robe and is being surrounded by a fiery cluster of fire-energy that’s heading towards their ship... earlier the great-sage has noticed that within the range of his soul-sense there’s many other ships which are heading towards the same direction like them! unlike before he went to sleep when there was only one other ship on his radar.

“Huh! they're inspecting us here? while being so far out in the open ocean! they always make their inspections slightly before we dock or... once we enter the harbor itself. why inspect a ship that might not be heading for the harbor then? unless they’re coming specifically... for us, this doesn’t feel right to me.” Lai said while getting up from his seat then walked towards the bow of the ship... then squinted his eyes to see if he knows the person which is coming towards them.

“It doesn't matter. Since dealing with them is inevitable anyway, let’s just be cool and get this over-with quickly.” Wang said while storing the table and the chairs into his space-ring then the handsome-man and Zhang stood behind Wei like personal-guards... meanwhile Tao notified the crewmates to prepare themselves for inspection before standing in front of these rowdy-people which suddenly became orderly and quiet.

“The ship ahead... stop for me! halt your movement right now or... sink.” A loud thunder-like shout came from the person in red who’s flying their way before the man himself was at a distance of ten kilometers away! his words commanding and his tone of voice dripping with pure... arrogance.

Peng Tao immediately gave the gesture and some of the crewmates raised the sails and one of them ran towards the bridge to stop the ship at once.

“Who's in charge here? step forward at once!” The man in red said and Wei quickly walked ahead and stopped just one step ahead of Liao Lai.

“This one happens to be Cheng Wei... a lowly merchant nothing more, how may I help you my esteemed senior?” Tang Wei spoke while showing a greasy smile and expressing a humble attitude before bowing then cupping his left fist with the right palm.

"Mm-hmmm. You're back from the western-islands at last, I see! where's the pearl? don't say that you don't have it now. Because... inspector Huang personally sent me, towards your direction... hand it over.” The man in red seemed to be forty-something years old or slightly more but... the feeling this person gave Lin... made the boy feel certain that this man is a lot stronger than Mia ever was! this man has brown hair at shoulder-length... hard and cruel-looking pair of black eyes which kept burning with a layer of fire-energy that gave everyone to fall under their gaze a feeling of being burned with intense heat... below these dangerous eyes there’s a slightly long and straight nose which is on top of a wide and almost square-chin. He’s wearing crimson-vest underneath the red robes and his trouser seems to be made from soft-silk that’s cherry-red in color and covered in many inscriptions which are made from some pink threads... the man is unarmed without any kind of weapon on his body but... Lin felt like this man's confidence is well-deserved just from the threat which he sensed coming from that spirit-cultivator! this man is the strongest person the met in this life... of course Kai isn’t counted because the talking-raccoon is an awakened-soul. Wei's group actually succeeding in harming that man? it would be almost impossible to happen... in any way the great-sage played the simulations within his head... the team of five always ended-up being slaughtered! of course the boy doesn’t know what major-realm that man in red is currently at.

“P-pearl! senior must be mistaken about us... w-we have no pearls on this ship, it's only products from the western-islands, products which I plan to sell back in the stores of my clan within the Sunrise-empire for some minor-profit. Here senior... check and see for yourself, here's all of my storage-items, you’re welcome to check the space-rings of my followers and the ship itself.” Tang Wei giggled his meat in obvious shock... then he quickly removed his rings, bracelets, necklaces, and whatever storage-items to show full willingness to be searched.

“No need for me to look at your shitty items. Humph! this tool here... would give me all the answers that I need, let’s see if you’re lying.” The man frowned in apparent disgust upon looking at Wei’s submissive attitude and didn't lower himself to land on the ship while speaking with the fatty! he kept standing on thin-air which made it seem like he’s standing on an elevated stage that’s three meter above the bow of the ship... with a single move of his right-hand some tool which looks like some kind of compass appeared on-top of it... quickly afterwards the man in red injected his thick fire-energy in that compass-like tool... the pointer on that tool kept circling in every direction chaotically without stopping which caused the man to grimace in frustration.

Meanwhile Wei kept his smiling expression and politely took a step backwards... the fatty was very happy since that man didn't look inside his storage-tools because Lin's grandpa... senior Ming gave him lots of gifts which are still in there! then... the excited merchant remembered that he actually gave the water-pearl to that formidable senior’s grandson earlier... 'Lin is in trouble! please... whatever tool you’re, please don’t work.' The fatty thought this and kept praying that this strange tool wouldn't pick anything... while doing his outmost so that nothing would actually show on his face! Wei hoped that the others would do so too... otherwise Lin would actually be in huge trouble.

“Hmmm. Is it possible! this tool doesn't seem to be working anymore?” The man in red frowned and shook the compass-like tool with his hand slightly while increasing the amount of fire-energy which he sent inside it... the result he got in return for his effort is? the pointer only spun faster within the circle of the compass! which was much to the annoyance of the man in red... of course... nobody dared answer these words which caused utter silence to keep ruling the situation. For a long while... only the sound of the ocean-waves could be heard when they tickled the sides of the ship.

“Just... give me these rings! you too... anyone with a space-ring give it, raise it up right now. Hmmm! lowly merchant... huh. It seems like the Cheng clan is... already riding up on the high waves these days, I see! you over there, you're the one who was previously the Tang clan's dog, still poor like a sorry beggar even after leaving these traitorous-bunch, but... I can’t be too harsh on you since you’re a cripple for life huh! can’t say that I’m feeling sorry there, it’s your fault in carrying that foul-surname and your fortune to be alive... still, what a sorry sight? we both shared the same generation once... there was a time when I actually looked forward to fighting the rising-star of the Peng clan, now scram to the side. Humph. You... your ring...eh! you're a spirit-cultivator? huh! your demonic-cat seems to be quite talented in the fire dao like me, your ring... hmmm! kid, is that your first space-ring?” The man walked above every head arrogantly while taking each space-ring offered to him by those below his feet... the man in red would comment before giving it back to its owner or... throw the space-ring after giving it a look back to its owner without saying anything! once the man gestured for Lin's space-ring and gave it a look he asked about Sun on the boy’s shoulder—which gave him a cold look ever since he arrived on the ship—then the man threw the ring back towards the great-sage after receiving a silent nod of confirmation from the great-sage while saying : “Lucky brat! I began with a level-three space-ring, but... unlike your empty space-ring, mine was actually filled with quite a few spirit-resources and some spirit-items.” Which caused Lin to be amazed once again by how formidable Kai actually is when it comes to moving the items within the boy’s space-ring without the great-sage himself noticing anything at all despite being the owner of this storage-item! because... just before giving the space-ring while weakening his spirit-mark on the space-ring... Lin saw for himself that it was still full of his items... then now when the boy sent his awareness once again inside the space-ring... it’s still full! it’s like... Kai has just blocked this man from seeing anything inside the great-sage's space-ring or... the talking-raccoon moved all the items inside it from and back into to the space-ring within such a short span of few seconds... without anybody noticing anything.

“We'll meet again in the harbor. If inspector Huang found that you played some trick to hide the water-pearl from me? then the last thing all of you would get see is me... burning you all to ash.” The man confirmed again with the strange compass-like tool to make sure one final time before deciding to leave after leaving these words... in a second the man in red was out from the sight of the people on the ship! after another three seconds that fire-cultivator was outside Lin's maximum-range of soul-sense.

“Everyone back to work... maintain the same course at moderate speed.” Old Tao shouted and the crewmates lowered the sails then scattered to do their jobs... the words from the man in red didn’t faze this hawk-eyed man at all! he didn’t even twitch or reveal any sign of being affected while the one who said them spat them directly in his face... the same calm and careless attitude was maintained by the oldest cultivator long after the fire-cultivator left... meanwhile Lai was actually squeezing the handle of his wide-blade in anger after the man in red robes left the ship. Being a spirit-cultivator... the action when another cultivator searches their private storage-items only has one meaning actually! the meaning of being the weaker and helpless party... being a devoted follower for the path of blade-intent and the dao of the blade... Laio Lai just couldn’t tolerate this feeling of being suppressed by others—since the teachings of his dao actually evoke the opposite from the blade-user—that’s why he hates this journey to the western-islands ever since it began. Because of these sorts of situation where he’s forced by the circumstances to lower his head and bend his back in silence to these enemies—which he should be meeting in the battlefield and cutting with his blade—plus how the attitude of these people has always been very frustrating! since they’re always so full of themselves with arrogance... the blade-user is just too fed-up with this annoying journey and that’s probably why he’s planning to leave Tang-city and go on a journey on his own next. Tang Wei didn't seem to take any offense whatsoever after being met with all that arrogance from the man in red! The fatty comfortably sat back on his chair after Wang brought back the table and chairs... then calmly resumed his meal. Zhang returned to sit on the table after giving the eastern-direction—which the man took when he left—a final glance with a pair of serious eyes... this simple man somehow inwardly sensed like there’s trouble coming their way... the man which just left has a lot to do with it. Wang kept looking towards the boy in confusion while thinking : 'Just how could he trick that spirit-lord? it has been proven a couple days earlier during the attainments-test that Lin clearly doesn’t have the natural-affinity for the element of space... even space-cultivators wouldn’t be able to disguise the containments of their storage-items after handing their tools to other people unless... they’re already very advance in the dao of space! can soul-force actually accomplish such feat if it’s within the clone-realm?' Yet despite all his confusions the handsome-man kept his silence in the end... because he heard from old Tao that this kid doesn’t like it when others attempt to sniff-around his secrets.

“My heart almost fell all the way down to my feet! brother L-... brother Ming. That was... a really good save.” Finally in the end... Wei just couldn't endure it any longer and dropped his act after drinking a few cups of wine! the sausage-like fingers on his big-sized hand were actually shaking... the fatty was clearly so nervous that he forgot their agreement and almost called Lin by his true-name but... the merchant quickly corrected himself in the last moment.

“Who's that inspector Huang?” Lin nodded and took his seat while scratching Sun with the tips of his fingers all the way deep until his nails reached the scaly-skin underneath the kitten’s thick layer of orange-fur... the boy already sent his thanks with a sincere message towards Kai but... the talking-raccoon is still refusing to answer the great-sage.

“The city-lord of pearl-city. He's been acting in command of pearl-city ever since I was just three years old actually! that person is a senior spirit-cultivator... a spirit-king of the seventh-stage, one of many inspectors from the cultivation-alliance, however... I once heard a rumor that he’s not occupying a high-position within the ranks of authority within the alliance! because... he isn’t affiliated to any of the higher-ups.” Wei wiped his sweat and muttered while looking towards Lin and feeling grateful that he met this brother of his... if Lin hadn't arrived and asked for the water-pearl? then... that spirit-lord from before would've took it from them instead! now after seeing that fire-cultivator and learning that a spirit-king is after this fatty’s water-pearl... especially after seeing that strange spirit-tool—which from the look of it actually enables others to locate the water-pearl even if it’s inside a storage-item—then even if Lin begged the merchant to take back his water-pearl right now... then Tang Wei would grovel even lower and beg much better than the boy! so that the great-sage would keep that rare-treasure until their group reach Tang city... right now the fatty is certain—like one-hundred percent certain—that the safest place to keep or hide anything is with this brother Lin of his. The fact that the man in red actually couldn't see anything inside Lin's space-ring... at all! means that the boy’s grandpa Ming—most certainly—has done something and took precautions beforehand to protect the possessions of the kid while he's away and exploring that "hidden-realm" Wei’s merchant-attitude quickly began to work and the fatty began to think about how could he use this to his advantage! since this could be the merchant’s chance... to smuggle some spirit-resources without having to pay the hefty taxes—which fall directly into the pockets of his enemies—right! but... Wei has to confirm if it’s really within Lin’s ability to control whenever he likes... otherwise the fatty would only end-up giving Lin some trouble.

“We're one day away from the harbor... may fortune and good luck be two of your best companions during your journey back to the clan young-master Wei." Peng Tao said while giving Lin a nod of approval... because earlier when the oldest spirit-cultivator saw the man in red use that strange spirit-tool... old Tao was readying himself to strike at once! if the water-pearl was discovered within young-master Lin's space-ring.

“Our efforts only succeeded thanks to you old Tao, maybe that... would actually be enough to cure some of ancestor Jianyu’s soul-wounds, your family would always be taken care of by our people, you have my word on that! who knows? maybe someday later me and Ming... would personally come to escort your old-bones back to the clan. Maybe your son would receive the blessing of befriending Ming there, or... your daughter would... hehehe. Just imagine! how great would that be?” Wang said fully intent on teasing both Lin and Tao... the old man smiled widely in return while Lin acted like he heard nothing at all of what Wang just said.

Feeling like he had heard enough from these guys... the boy went and took his seat at the bow of the ship then calmed his mind... the great-sage was aiming to sense that fire-intent. For someone like Lin... his relationship with fire and its power that result from ignition on countless scales is very close actually... the boy even ended-up getting burnt alive once! which wasn't a pleasant experience... at all. The second glass-heart—which Lin has on the side of the right-breast—is still like a piece of transparent-glass... completely motionless and completely unrelated to the operations of the other organs within his body! steady like some kind of rock but... now there’s a small and tiny wick of a red-flame that’s burning inside it... that sight made it seem like a glass lantern in the boy’s chest. Meanwhile this second-heart is like the complete opposite of the great-sage’s first-heart—which has already turned completely gold in color—each time that golden-heart pumped blood within the system of veins... the body-cells would flicker and glitter in various colors of light.

At once after Lin began to meditate... Wei's group of five and the crewmates operating the ship... these spectators noticed that the boy's hair and the visible parts of skin that’s exposed from his body began to flicker in colorful and faint light! but... later during the night the great-sage’s body was actually making quite a sight to behold for the people on this ship. Afterwards those on the ship noticed that there’s many schools of fish and lots of aquatic creatures that has left their territories and the depth of the ocean then began to peacefully follow their ship! that small red-fire that appeared at Lin’s chest didn't grow bigger on size later or move from that position to do anything other than swaying left and right on its own rhythm... it seemed like it’s dancing inside the glass-heart. To ordinary onlookers... that small wick of red-fire might seem weak and feeble to their eyes! but... looking at its tiny yellow core and the surrounding orange-ish halo that’s encased-with a red cover... actually gave Tao the feeling of being faced with a sea of burning fire when he looked deeply at it. Immediately after the great-sage began to delve deeper into his meditation the two fire-energy users became excited then moved closer to him... Zhang and Sun were sitting behind Lin or directly on his right-shoulder—which is the nearest place to the red-fire—these two pairs of eyes from the man and beast were glowing with a glint of pure passion! both of them stared silently at the red-fire and watched it dance within the glass-heart for almost a night and day... for the red-tiger and the simple man it was like watching the most interesting show of their life. After all... both of them has the element of fire in their natural-affinity! while Sun didn't need to go into much of a trouble to learn how to use fire-energy after they left the boundaries of the land of forgetfulness because of his inherited-memories... Zhang actually has some difficulties when using the element of fire! yes the strong man can use fire-energy while relying on his martial-spirit or... personally use it to make long-range attacks but... if his usage of fire-energy is compared to earth-energy? then there’s a huge disparity... that’s why Zhang was excited because he likes simple things in-order to understand correctly. First when Lin started to meditate on the ship... the simple man and the tamed-beast both felt like their current attainments in the dao of fire is better than the boy’s attainments actually! however... when the great-sage gradually began to delve deep into applying his comprehensions from the previous-life on this small and weak-looking red-fire the situation changed completely for Zhang and Sun... since Lin doesn't actually need to be like other fire-energy cultivators—which usually has to personally experiment for themselves with the fire-energy to understand the element of fire itself and its workings—the boy has almost a complete understanding about the force of ignition and its cause and effect plus what can influence it from the surrounding environment... upwards from a small spark into enormous explosions of miniature-sized suns! the great-sage knows how much force almost any explosion would cause and what damage it would leave in its surrounding environment... no matter how varied it’s in temperature or gravity. That’s why Lin doesn't need to make that small red-fire grow in size or... alter its temperature to understand what would happen afterwards... the boy merely sat there deliberating this red-fire inside that glass-heart and how to operate it without attempting to actively control it! because the great-sage just felt like whatever that he already understands about fire and its force... would amount to nothing at all when the topic is fire-intent. Lin sensed his fire-intent and began to think about what he experienced with Mia and what he sensed from Lai... according to what the boy understands about intent and that mysterious school of thought and system of cultivation... intent shouldn't be tangible—at least not from the very beginning—unlike fire-energy which could be felt from its weakest level of power it shouldn’t be likewise when fire-intent is used! it should be used a lot like how soul-force is used yet... not entirely like it... because soul-force could affect the body and soul of others effortlessly but... when it comes to affecting the spirit-energy of others or their intent it becomes a difficult effort! the great-sage would actually be hurting Wei’s soul-source and probably the fatty’s martial-spirit before he’s even able to scan him with soul-sense... simply because the merchant’s spirit-energy is acting like a passive-barrier. Meanwhile—in Lin’s opinion—intent should be like a pressure that appears out of nowhere after the owner of intent wills it to happen! however... that power could be aimed to affect not only soul and body but also spirit-energy too... since his intent is fire-intent then the boy should be able to burn the spirit-energy of his opponents directly from the source—which is their energy-tank—while limiting the capabilities of their soul-force and incinerating it the fire-intent should be an extremely burdening factor on their bodies with an exhaustive effect that boosts the burning-rate of stamina on the opponents... all of these factors should work like... together at once! opponents shouldn’t be getting any room to breathe when struck with true fire-intent.

“Thump... ba-dum... crackle!... crack... ba-dum... thump...” Suddenly... the glass-heart began to beat in an extremely loud sound without moving at all! then... the red-fire inside it made a crackling-sound—which caused the glass-heart to crack down from the middle—but... that glass-heart held-on and didn’t break entirely or lose its original-shape of a heart... that second-heart kept making that loud sound which perfectly synchronized with the sound of Lin's golden-heart... the one that actually moves. Immediately... Sun jumped away from Lin just a second before that loud sound began! Wang actually noticed that the orange fur on the back of the kitten’s neck was standing erect on end... Zhang reacted slightly slower than the great-sage’s tamed-beast and quickly activated his energy-armor... the brown colored spirit-energy covered his muscular body and the last thing his eyes saw was Sun jumping from the boy’s shoulder then scurrying-away in... fear and panic.

“Whoosh!...” In the following split-second after the simple man’s action... Lin's glass-heart caused a burst of fire-intent to escape through the crack! that fire-intent escaped through the boy’s chest and back then moved directly ahead and behind... Sun was already safe since he was quick enough to move all the way behind Lai—the strongest of these minions—who’s at the very back... meanwhile poor Zhang—who isn’t so quick to react—could only protect himself in a hurry with the strongest earth-armor that he could conjure in such a short amount of time. The fire-wave which went ahead from the great-sage’s chest instantly removed a quite a chunk of the bow of the ship—which made old Tao feel like he was just stabbed in the heart and the man almost screamed "my baby!"—then exploded in the ocean about three kilometers ahead and caused a very tall mushroom of water to quickly spiral upwards then a much bigger wave to spread outwards after sinking in the water! but... those on the ship were more concerned about the fire-wave that moved in direction of the strong man actually.

"Grunt!... sizzle... hissss!...” First the fire-wave embedded itself in Zhang's earth-armor and indented it inwards—which made the simple man feel like some giant just slammed in on the chest with a "small mountain!"—then that frightening fire actually began to quickly eat away at his earth-armor with visible speed! Wang was quick to react and added his ice-energy on top of that fire-intent... the ice-cultivator thought that he succeeded in containing this thing and almost sighed while glancing towards where the other wave is going to hit the ocean but... that action from the handsome-man caused that fire-intent to hiss like an enraged rattle-snake! then... that fire-intent not only pushed both ways—forward and backwards—but also kept pressing outwards on every angle like a bouncing-ball while rebounding all that energy from the chaotic-movement within its confinement inwards to compress itself further before exploding outwards with more force against the barrier of ice... while burning more of every type of spirit-energy that it encounters be that ice or earth! meanwhile the fire-intent wasn't affected much by the cover of ice-energy—which attempted to suppress it and exhaust it of its power—and Wang understood that both he and Zhang wouldn't be able to contain it much longer if this situation continued... because this "abominable" red-fire is acting like an immortal! it’s feeding on itself to keep itself from becoming weaker while fighting back strongly against the energies of the handsome-man and his best-friend.

“Don’t try to fight it, redirect it away from you... both of you work together and throw it towards the water ahead! Lai. Quickly go and activate the barrier. You bastards! brace yourselves for impact... these waves are about to hit the ship anytime now, whoever gets thrown off can swim back to the harbor.” Old Tao shouted towards Wang and Zhang to take action. Then told Lai to move towards the core-formation... the blade-user’s element of earth is his weaker affinity anyway and wouldn’t be of much help if he gave assistance! while both himself and young-master Wei have incompatible natural-affinities which wouldn’t be of much help in this situation too... the oldest spirit-cultivator has the natural-affinity for wind and wood—which would make the struggle ahead a lot messier—and the same goes for Wei's impure lightning-energy... then Peng Tao glared towards the crewmates which watched the show while feeling frustration since his ship is going to need a lot more of work to repair.

“Whoosh...” After they finally successfully released the fire that they suppressed for a short while—which caused each of Wang and Zhang to exhaust almost seventy-percent of their spirit-energy—the fire-wave exploded the water ahead of the ship and forcefully caused the tall wave that’s coming towards the ship to part from the point it hit upwards.

“Boom!...” Through the formation-barrier... the people on the ship witnessed how a hole as tall as a small-mountain formed on the incoming wave! meanwhile the surface of the ocean water underneath that hole sunk so much deeper than normal by a dozen meters or so... the water itself began to evaporate which caused a thick cloud of steam to cover the area around the barrier in a matter of seconds before the scene outside was completely blocked... then the people on the ship felt the waves batter the barrier and rock the ship harshly in every direction! yet none of them was actually able to see what’s going on... these anxious people only began to see the surface of the ocean around them after moving for half an hour which they spent traveling in turbulent and extremely foggy water. Looking backwards towards the direction west... these people gasped in shock because there’s a massive area of fog that’s hugging the surface of the ocean behind them! it feels like there’s a cloud which fell from the sky there but... these guys understand that there’s no such thing... it’s just this kid... he caused it and he doesn’t even seem to be aware of it and doesn’t seem to care about what happened! like... at all actually.

“Clank...” Zhang knocked on the spirit-tool on his head with his fist—which is in the shape of a helmet—the rhythmic sound of knocking finally caused a stop to this silence which has overcome the people on the ship for a while now.

“If Wang hadn't given me that tool? hmmm... then I doubt I could've avoided getting really hurt this time, en. I really, really need to work hard, much harder than ever before, otherwise... I would lose sight of his back, Lin would really leave me in the dust if I take any break but... I shouldn’t sit close to him anymore, it’s really dangerous to do so.” Zhang muttered to himself then went to sit at the far end of the ship and away from the boy! the crewmates just stifled their laughter after hearing these words... because their boss Zhang has the front side of his clothes almost fully burned... and his face is charred completely black. Zhang decided that even if he felt like there's some benefit in watching the kid meditate... then he should sit a bit further than he did... it would be better if he’s further by a bit more or... just as far as possible that’s... if he can! if he can’t make distance? then he should be prepared for the worse but... it would probably and preferably be the best if the simple man is the furthest from the great-sage whose image keeps growing bigger in his eyes... whenever the strong man thought that he knows everything about his new friend... Zhang would be shocked in finding more greatness within this kid’s small body. It made the simple man excited... and scared! not fear-scared but... worry that someday he wouldn't be able to keep-up with Lin and wouldn’t get to see this boy when his talent matures and he gets to stand on a position of attainments within the spirit-world... a position which is so much higher that the strong man wouldn’t be able to glimpse its location from where he stands below on the rankings! Zhang isn't a quick-witted or a smart person but... he has his own feelings, emotions, and ambitions. The simple man knows and understands that he needs to focus on becoming stronger so that he would be able to make his family and the five-clans proud... while following his passion of becoming strong... it’s the only way he can be useful to those around him—since he isn’t smart or social—to remove the dark clouds of misfortune and to see the young generations of the five-clans live with their heads raised up! to see the next generations proudly and freely travel the world if they want... to witness the five-clans back to their status of being strong which he never saw and only heard-of but... Zhang wants to be a "hero" of his generation too. The strong man wants to be strong... wants others from everywhere in the spirit-world to talk about his "awesomeness" wants to make his name be forever recorded in the annuals of history... among all the great-seniors and strongest "monsters" of history... Wang Zhang actually adores listening to the tales and stories about the barbarian-emperor! the greatest role model and idol for the simple man is him—barbarian-emperor—without any doubt... that’s why ever since the strong man met Lin... Zhang gradually found that the dreamer... the "ambitious-child" within the inner parts of the simple man’s character is... actually beginning to wake-up! that so much fun—which the strong man had back then in the days of his childhood—is found again... it was like it’s brought-out or... dragged-out from the darkest and gloomiest parts of his character after every day they spent together with or around Lin. Once... then again and again! Zhang would find himself burning hot with the "competitive-spirit" from his childhood... which is the best and purest type of competitive-spirit that anyone could ask for.

Later afterwards. Lai became the only one who kept himself in close proximity to the boy while he meditated... the blade-user senses that his own intent is still stronger than the great-sage and of a higher-realm but... the explosiveness—which Lai felt earlier from Lin's fire-intent—is stronger than his own blade-intent in that character! not to mention the much wider range of influence... Lai's blade-intent is really focused on the aspects of sharpness and instantaneousness... meanwhile Lin's fire-intent is focused on bursting and repetitive explosive power and incineration! the characteristics are different and the section each intent branches from is different but... since the source of the system of cultivation is the same then the blade-user completely understands that he could stand to gain greatly. if Lai learned from the methods which this boy uses? then by doing so it would certainly help Lai perfect his dao of the blade and strengthen his blade-intent.

The crewmates respect towards Lin got increased by a dozen notches higher after the boy caused the previous mess on the ocean around the ship... the kid only acted arrogantly in the beginning but afterwards he gave them so much joy by forcing their young-master Wei to treat them better when he elevated the living-conditions of the environment of their work! high-quality meals and sufficient nutrition is already making these people work much harder than normal actually and the mood they’re in is already much better than normal as well... only Zhang Wang and Peng Tao were the ones to notice this change.

“Thump...” Lin's heart-beats could be heard very loudly by everyone on the ship... the sound seemed in perfect harmony with the surrounding nature! the sound of the ocean fused with that drum-like sound of the beating heart and was complimented with the sight of the aquatic-creatures which danced in the water around the ship... this scene continued all the way until daylight arrived and announced the beginning of another day. Not a single fish or aquatic-organism did lose track of the ship during the whole journey... from the moment since the boy began to meditate... the previous chaos—which his two fire-waves caused—didn't affect these aquatic-organisms at all... because these creatures never moved ahead of the ship... it seemed like as if these aquatic-organisms are accompanying an emperor of the ocean! that’s why these creatures respectfully kept tailing the great-sage’s ship.

......

Once he opened his eyes.

Lin sensed like he could cause the surface of the ocean to evaporate in the range of thirty meters away from where he’s sitting... with a single thought the boy can manipulate the temperature within that small domain! if he wants... the great-sage can elevate it by a few hundred degrees in the blink of an eye then keep increasing it until there’s nothing but fire or... the remainder of what that fire has already melted or incinerated into nothing but ash. Honestly... Lin felt slight fear of what that fire-intent might actually do if it’s released completely without being shackled or contained within that glass-heart.

Once the boy got up and stood on his feet... the side-effect which has been covering the great-sage’s skin in glittering and flickering light faded away quickly and Lin’s skin regained its natural-color! the aquatic-creatures and organisms in the water around the ship on the other hand became like those who were "hypnotized" and just awoke from their state of "hypnosis" the small and weak creatures were the first to quickly flee and scurry-away after noticing how they’re surrounded by lots and lots of their predators! these organisms quickly scattered away from these dangerous water-territories that are close to pearl-harbor... soon afterwards the predators followed after them and the area around the ship became vacant once again. Great-sage Lin spread his soul-sense—which recovered only twenty kilometers of range—there at the very first ten kilometers around the ship there’s thirty ships in that inner-circle of Lin’s range of soul-sense! while in the entirety of the boy’s range of soul-sense there’s more than five-hundred ships slightly ahead of them... three-hundred more ships behind them... and more than a hundred ships both to their left and their right. Many of these foreign-ships are more than ten-times larger in size and seems to be lavishly powered by activated spirit-formations... unlike Wei's ship—which is operated by using small and simple miniature wind-formations that cover the few masts and the fabrics of the many sails—many of these foreign-ships has their spirit-barriers activated and are moving much faster! a lot of these ships has spirit-canons visible from the sides of the ship... each of these spirit-canons is made from polished spirit-crystals and are covered in inscriptions and formation-runes of many colors and designs.

“Danger! world ahead... peep-o-peep.” Ming said in an emotionless and machine-like tone of voice when he saw the obviously excited look on his brother’s face.

“I think that even you can't ruin my fun on this one Ming... no matter what you try to say.” Lin watched every scene his soul-sense broadcasted... there to the far east at the area of the docks... countless ships of all sizes and shapes appeared... many more sights of people and locations were revealed to the boy’s soul-sense gradually while their ship moved closer east.

“So that's pearl harbor...” Lin muttered when the scene of the land ahead was revealed to the eyes of the crewmates.

“Land ahead... we're back! your money will be used generously boys, at cloud-pavilion that is... hahaha.” Monkey-like crewmate evaded a few punches and kicks while mocking his sorry colleagues.

“This asshole's head is really getting bigger and bigger... I hope it explodes like a melon before we’re any closer to the shores of the main-land.” The helmsman glared towards the nimble crewmate and complained to lady-cook.

“My wife is going to kill me... can't we go back for another journey once young-master Wei and the rest of the bosses disembark? right! boss Ta-” The despairing crewmate suddenly had an idea to escape punishment from his woman but... the man was quickly silenced by lady-cook’s formidable ladle! “Hell no! I want to see my cute grandchildren.”

“If only I had betted on Ming back then... I wouldn't have lost all of my mone-”

“Shut up! all of you better stop moving your lips and go make yourselves useful instead, after docking for young-master to depart the harbor... there's still unloading the merchandise then securing all of it in the clan-stores, remember that all of it would be under the supervision of head-butler Si, afterwards there’s the repairs of the ship in the shipyards. Those who laze-around would be held-back by me until the ship is as good as new! forget about receiving a vacation, I’ll work the fools to their death in a back-to-back journeys to the western-islands.” Tao snapped at the crewmates and these people scattered like mice! the winners of the bets are the fastest among the crewmates to make themselves useful... they didn’t hesitate to willingly help others complete their tasks which caused old Tao to smirk.

Meanwhile... the despairing-man—who's afraid of his wife’s rage—listlessly climbed from the floor and touched his sore and swollen head after lady-cook silenced him! then went to find a place to sit under the shade... the man sat right in front of Tao's hawk-like eyes because he doesn’t care to do anything. The sad man seemed to be asking boss-Tao to hold him back in detention... since it would help this poor man to avoid seeing his woman and thought : 'Sigh... at least it’s better than getting scolded by my woman during the entire vacation, no! I’m afraid she would actually do that for the rest of my dear life.' the sorrowful-man thought while staring at the land which moved closer to their ship... a scene which added more to the burdens of emotions that he's feeling.

“Looks like we've got ourselves a new "Atlas" over there! poor guy.” Ming muttered faintly while pointing-out the crewmate who looks to be uneasy in his seat and unable to think clearly because of all the negative-clouds that cover his heart and mind.

“Wei. Give this guy over there a coin or something, make it a yellow-coin... I'm feeling yellow today! that’s why I want to see cheerful minions, not listless and zombie-like minions, it’s depressing.” Lin sent Wei this message with his soul-link and the fatty frowned and seemed to be in an internal struggle with himself for a few seconds after hearing it, “Give each of the losers one yellow-coin too... then give Wang and the rest ten of the high-grade spirit-crystals , remember... showing your followers this generous side of yourself from time to time, would only help you grow bigger within their hearts.” The merchant’s eyes twitched and he harshly frowned which made it seem like he’s about to cry! but Tang Wei endured in the end and swallowed all these bitter emotions then... the fatty brought-out a yellow-coin from one of his storage-items and with a shaking hand and stiff fingers... the greedy-merchant threw that coin in the lap of the sad-crewmate. Tang Wei felt like he just tore a huge chunk of his own heart and threw it to the street-dogs to feast on! this is... "charity!" it feels... wrong... he should take from others not give.

“Eh! young-master t-this...” The man held the yellow spirit-coin up in a death-like grip which made him seem a lot like a drowning man who’s clutching tightly into "hope" itself! especially when these fingers of his are... shaking and squeezing a bit too much.

“T-take it! but... i-if you dare waste it, or do anymore foolish things. Sigh... do whatever you want with it. Damn-it! I've become soft... damn-it!” Wei was like a person who’s getting tormented with guilt and regret after giving away free things.

Lin only smiled and watched Wei wiggle his way towards the losers of the bets to give them yellow-coins too... meanwhile the crewmates—who received tese free yellow-coins—began to rub their eyes and look towards the sky to check if the sun isn't actually rising from the west or something! because their young-master Wei... is really giving spirit-coins to the losers! Peng Tao nodded when he saw Wei stiffly move like a plank of wood among the crewmates and donate yellow-coins among the confused crewmates... then nodded even harder with even more conviction when the oldest spirit-cultivator witnessed Tang Wei give Zhang Wang then Wang Zhang, and Liao Lai ten high-grade spirit-crystals each before dizzily moving back towards his seat like a severely intoxicated drunkard while gasping for breath.

“Halt!...” Again those on the ship heard the rude sound ring in their ears and ordering for them to stop.

6