Blurb, Characters, Places, Genres/Tagging.
606 17 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An admittedly cautious first attempt at putting anything into a "contest". {Adventum Contest}


Book Blurb.

Maxwell got hit by truck-kun while trying to run to his special person ― but she was never in any actual danger. Instead, he found himself being sent into another world where he's given some abilities and ... nothing. No mission, no major lifetime quests, no nothing to say what he 'had to do' or even 'should do'.

In a rambling discourse, the lazy god Keigo the God of Responsibility only said what his own problems were ― prayers from those who say one thing and do another, or a slavery magic being too 'OP'. Masters use and abuse their slaves any way they wanted, get them pregnant and abandon them to die ― even order them to their deaths so slaves cannot refuse. Only a deity can overrule or override these acts, so ... this lazy god is getting overworked and desperate for help. He set Maxwell down in a grassland bordering four major kingdoms, gave him a building system, a slave management system, and a 'skill reorganization' system. Then the aloof and passive god left Maxwell more or less to himself. In the end the God of Responsibility is ... irresponsible?!?!

Keigo isn't the only deity around ― the other one being Genki the Goddess of Activity ... who is currently frustrated with the lazy god. She too has reason to poke and prod at her husband to 'do something'. Because even if she has her own followers to manage, his passive nature detracts from their mutual godship over all peoples, and thus in recent years their number of 'followers' all over are on the decline.

Set down into a grassland, Max takes stock of all options and what he has. One scout from a kingdom comes to challenge him but is forced off; then a second group comes ― but it's a bandit party being chased by yet another kingdom's soldiers. The bandit queen first asks for safe haven, which Maxwell considers. Well, if he's gonna be here and has a building system ... he needs to gain villagers for his new village, right? RIGHT??? Also that part wolf bandit queen is looking at him like she might want to hold him for a while-

After bartering a ceasefire with the bandits and soldiers, he's left with twenty bandits, three quarters whom are female ― former adventurers or mercenaries. His major obstacle in the beginning is figuring out what to do in this world. The lazy god left a few hints as to slaves being mistreated; so Max wants to provide a haven for all he can find and obtain ― make a kingdom of his own-

- and do all of this ... by obtaining the abandoned or mistreated slaves, and treating them right.


Characters.

Maxwell. Lived and died on Earth, killed by truck-kun while he was running to save his special someone ... though she was never in any danger at all. Sent before an irresponsible deity who then pretty much abandons him onto the mortal world ― Max is capable of building structures from a scant few tons of building materials given him. But as he starts to setup the beginnings of a small village and such, he's got people popping up around him ... and then the fun will begin.

Niki. The leader of the bandits, a-k-a, the "bandit queen"; she's a half human half wolfkin crossbreed who is hot-blooded. Chased across the plains where Maxwell was deposited, she and her nineteen companions will be seeking shelter ― requesting asylum from this cute boy somehow with the new village here ― away from the soldiers hot on her admittedly fluffy tail. Her current life goal is to find and purchased her sister who was sold away by her mother, so that she can keep her family together. But here in the new place she finds herself, it's not so possible to find the young sibling. She thinks though, she will have a fun time teasing the boy too.

The nineteen fellow bandits each have their own personalities. Mostly a female group, some of these are slaves of the others, but all otherwise get along. One of Niki's slaves is actually her half brother, who she took on to 'rescue' him from a bad end; a couple of these are quite interesting to see act or listen to go on about their lives.

Oh and maybe occasionally the two deities of this world might take center stage. Keigo the God of Responsibility is ... not. Genki the Goddess of Activity ... is. Keigo wants to duck out of being yelled at by Genki; but she just wants her husband to take some action and actual responsibility for his acts.


Places.

This wide open plains is encircled by many forests and groves, a few kilometers off; and far beyond, by kingdoms in the distance. The plains is essentially filled with tall waist high grasses, just perfect for the goblins and other dangers to sneak across the plains at night, in search of food or other prey.

To the north, Noordenz is a kingdom/empire of its own. Capital city is Noorden Koenigendaanz with about 25.4k people of mixed race, slanted toward beastkin, though racial slavery is tolerated. Any race is allowed; however since their leaders are wary of others, it's probably best to finish your task and then leave before you are detained, convicted, or enslaved on some trumped-up charge. This nation has no 'core attraction' as they do not want you coming there unless it's for business. Move along, nothing to see here-

To the south, Suuderlant Merchantry is one of the most moderate nation based on 'free trade'. Capital city is Cassino, with about 30k people of a standard humanoid mix plus a few beastkin. Cassino's red light district and slave merchant quarter can find or provide for you, anything you would wish ... anything. For a respectable price, of course. (Ask for a lamia slave, they'll ask you how long a tail, and whether to defang her. Ask for a specific girl (free or not) to be made a sex slave, they'll ask how much torture and how much sexual experience she should be 'trained' with. Ordinance 24627, Please stop putting in orders to have the necromancer's daughter, the town residents are tired of dealing with the undead waves summoned repeatedly by his attempt to get her back safely from kidnappers. Also, Ordinance 24628, same goes for going after the chief wizard's daughter; we've had enough fires lately you think?)

To the west, Weszlant Kingdom is also moderate, but remains a monarchy instead of a 'free trade nation'. Capital city is Weszlanchia, with about 49.4k people. Mostly human, with a few beastkin or nonhuman residents; demonkin are hated. Here they say "whatever benefits the royalty is permitted, but all is taxed regardless". One core attraction might be the Weszlanchia Royal Companions Guild, where if you got the gold coin to pay for it, even you can experience the joys of luxury and peace at the hands of well trained servants. But one sixth of every coin earned goes back into the hands of the royals or nobles; expect potential grift and theft to occur.

To the east, Easserah Empire is currently cooling off from an expansionist period, to acclimate their newest territories and make a balance. Capital city is Easseratia, with primarily a humanoid mix, no beastkin, no demon races. One of its core attractions might be the Gnomish Alchemical Laboratory, which often undergoes accidental damage and constantly under repair. They claim it's not their fault ― it's the inadequate or inferior supplies the empire hands them-

Other places exist beyond this, on this same continent even; but for now these are the nearest 'potential threats'.


Genres and Tagging.

Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance

Beastkin, Summoned Hero, Summoning Magic, Kingdom Building, and will be filled out as it goes.

11