Prologue 1: … so this is how it starts?
720 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"-and so I mistakenly set the birthrate of all races to three females per male, and then the slavery magic somehow got too OP, and so of course the men will infer they get so many, or enslave the females who resist this idea, oops ha-ha sorry 'bout that. But other than those ten or so major problems, it's your basic 'Isekai fantasy world', okay. With a few surprises for later ... to keep you guessing."

The old god guy finally stopped talking, and I ... honestly, I don't know what to make of this. I keep going back to that shocking introduction into this place.

But even if I'm so stuck on past thoughts in this moment, I'm getting mad too; he's looking in some computer monitor like interface, and watching a scene with some fairly scantily dressed girls of some beastly race and occasionally grinning too. But despite that he did sort of tell me what the general state of the world is; I just wish ... he'd done a more thorough job.

Which drives me back to fear and frustration, either one due to how I got here.

"... you are sure, the truck didn't miss me? Can I really not just be dreaming this up?" I slapped my cheeks. "Come on, wake up Max, I know I will find myself in the local hospital, at least if-"

"Nope. You got hit when you stepped into the road trying to run after your 'special someone'."

"... n, not the least chance t, to live? N, no chance to see my little sister, once more?"

"Flattened, quite flat. The truck's passenger side wheels rolled right over the top of you. Not coming back from ... that. Well I could ... but eh, you're already here so ... it's a moot point. While she safely avoided that truck, by the way ... and sorry to deflate your ego but even if you stayed where you were, she wasn't actually in any danger avoiding traffic. Aha, guess your judgement wasn't so great maybe."

"Y, y, you jerk."

"Oho, I forgive you for this outburst. Well ― your place in the next world is already setup for you; you don't have to do anything special, just live your life how you want to live."

"S, S, Sarah ... I really can't see her again-" I cry at last. "This can't be happening to me!"

The god seems distant for a second, only allowing this much for my grief, but he replies anyway. "All in all, I have nothing more to say except what I wrote for you to read later; so ... yeah bye. See ya whenever-"

He pressed a button on his device ... that looked suspiciously like a television remote control. And next I disappeared from here ― to reappear in a grassland.

"Look at your feet," came the carefree voice. "See that's the package I said you'd get; anything more and you'll have to earn it yourself. Eh, it's confusing at first but you'll get used to it-"

The voice of the deity ― Keigo the God of Responsibility ― finally faded out to nothing.

"Are ... are you a lazy irresponsible god, or what!"

"... little creep-"


Grassland.

Greenery-

Wide open plains, tall grass grown unhindered up past my waist as far as my eyes see ― except for the fact I do also see hints of a village or small community, far to the north of here. Fifteen, twenty kilometers? At least, I suppose this direction is north. And little clusters of trees across the plains, a few kilometers distant; but no great tree gatherings except for further in the south, at least I think so.

I think ― this idea is still so new, so crazy. One god of responsibility with four helpers, and one goddess of action with zero helpers ― are supposed to manage this world with twice the land area of Earth? A world of nine core races, and five point six billion sentient people total?

... at least I wasn't told anything about a 'demon lord' or 'rogue dungeon' or 'out of control former hero' or 'villainous lady' or ― well, anything that could 'instant kill' me with a mere look or touch or word-

-let's not jinx the rest of my life by thinking anything more serious for now.

Kneeling, I take up the wrapped bundle of things from the grassy ground, dust off a stray grass blade still stuck to it, and open it to look inside. A few of the gift orbs containing the abilities and skills I would have, a grimoire or book, more things which disappear as I touch them. Somehow ... these things are part of me now? or in some special inventory system space? And then at last, even the empty cloth wrapper which can be placed into the personal inventory.

But. What now. What am I to do, just stand around all day and all night ... and wait for something to happen?

"Come to think of it, I do think the lazy guy also said something about skills gifted to me? Things I should probably check out in my status?"

I felt a small jolt; hmm is the lazy guy somehow offended how I think of him?

-Status.

Spoiler

Name: Maxwell Townsend (alias: "Max", "MT", "Empty-Head", "Village Idiot")
Race: Human
Sex: male
Age: 17 years 03.5 months
Level: 1 (0/20 xp)
Occupation: -Transient-
Conditions:
- Healthy Stamina
- Recent Transfer
Stats:
- STRN:9 CONS:12 DEXT:8 HLTH:10
- INTL:8 LORE:5 PERS:11 WILL:11
Abilities: (hidden from public)
- Constructor:1 (0/100 xp)
- Skillifier:1 (0/100 xp)
- Slave Taker:1 (0/100 xp)
Skills/Common:
- Knitting:3 (12/40 xp)
- Sewing:4 (41/50 xp)
Skills/Magical:
- Cleaning Magic:1 (0/20 xp)
Skills/Martial:
- Pole Weapons:7 (69/80 xp)
System/Inventory:
- listing constrained to separate page; reason: items held exceed 5.
System/Slave:
- no slaves owned

[collapse]

"What- hey there, that's being too brutally honest on the nicknames! Not to mention the occupation, either. Well can't say as I mind the knitting and sewing, interesting to see that came across too. Er, what are these abilities, me building something, and I think he also said the world has slave magic, and then I can store-"

Inventory?

Spoiler

System/Inventory Report:
- 1000 units of food (250 units water, 250 units meat, 250 units grain, 250 units fruit/nut)
- 500 units of assorted lumber
- 200 units of assorted structural stone
- 100 cartons of assorted building fasteners
- 10 spare sets of clothing - shoes, pants, shirts, gloves (fits size automatically)
- 5 cartons assorted threads and yarns (each carton = 1 m^3 of materials)
- 2 sets of stainless steel sewing needles
- 2 sets of stainless steel knitting needles
- 1 grimoire of portal creation
- 1 note from Keigo the God of Responsibility titled 'Assignments'
- 1 note from Genki the Goddess of Activity titled 'Apologies for Keigo'
- 1 trainee's wooden staff of defense
- 1 unused/empty skill orb for skill extraction (0/4 skills held)
- 1 free "Rename Token" (give 1 person a new name in the status screen; expires in 2 days)

[collapse]

"Aha. Well that's nice, I don't think I need a rename yet but now what- oh, those skills."

-Define 'Constructor'.

  • Ability Definition Screen: 'Constructor'
    Created by Keigo the God of Responsibility, because he wanted his summoned beings to be able to create their own domestic dwelling anywhere in the world.
    This ability uses stored resources as components for building some structure (locked to civil and domestic uses, until level 2) in a place picked by the user.
    It will not work if the area selected is obstructed by other preexisting structures, or if it would overlap land 'claimed' by another person in this world.
    Upon activation of the ability, a semitransparent 'wire frame' structural outline will appear in the world, seen by all persons in the vicinity.
    The final structure will only be placed once the user has moved over enough resources to complete the project.
    Structure is guaranteed to be at least of 'minimal quality'; but further successes enhance the stability or appearance of the finished product.
    The ability allows a user to deconstruct any structure abandoned, owned, or at the owner's permission; plus extract any materials part of its makeup.
    The ability allows owned as well as abandoned/unowned structures to be moved, from a source to a target location, as well as stored in inventory.
    Traits:
    - Ability gains levels with usage; more successful usages allow further successes in other situational uses.
    - Successful placement of the building plan and final construction add +1.0 xp per 10 units total of building materials or other resources.
    - Successful deconstruction or extraction of a structure adds +0.1 xp per 10 units of building materials subsumed.
    - Sympathetic professions trained to mastery levels will give additional experience toward the objective.

"... wire frame ... kinda seems gamelike to me. But at least it might make for an interesting way to build things in due time if I don't have the extra hands to build with me. But hey, what's a sympathetic profession-"

I did not get any answer on that query. So, I move along.

-Define 'Skillifier'.

  • Ability Definition Screen: 'Skillifier'
    Created by Keigo the God of Responsibility, because he wanted his summoned beings to be able to manage the skills of themselves plus their slaves.
    This ability will allow extraction and placement of skills among the user and the user's slaves and the user's associates (must be friendly or better standing).
    Upon activation of the ability, status screens of both the source and target persons will be shown between both people as complete transaction transparency.
    Above status screens may be configured to hide statistic scores, abilities, individual skills both the source and target contain, and unique skills and abilities.
    Usage will be obstructed should either the source or target not wish to proceed with a skill management activity (Keigo says, this is not a 'skill stealer'!).
    A 'skill orb' object counts as an automatic 'yes' as permission; orbs can hold multiple quantities of skills based on their quality (maximum capacity is 10).
    Traits:
    - Ability gains levels with usage; more successful usages allow further successes in other situational uses.
    - Successful skill management adds +1 xp per 2 skill xp transferred within a transaction.
    - Sympathetic professions trained to mastery levels may give either additional experience or permit giving to/taking from targets less friendly or even hostile.

"A second mention of sympathetic profession. I guess, it means ... something which might sort of go along with this usage? Hmm yeah, I will assume so."

-Define 'Slave Taker'.

  • Ability Definition Screen: 'Slave Taker'
    Created by Keigo the God of Responsibility, because he is tired of seeing slaves be abandoned and dwindle unto their deaths, cursing their masters and mistresses.
    This ability allows the user to change the owner of an abandoned or unowned slave onto himself, to prevent the loss of life of someone bound in the slavery magic.
    It does not work on slaves who have a master who has interacted with them within one week, or slaves who are still acting upon orders given within the last month.
    Upon the user's appraisal of a slave bound by the magic, a status screen unseen by anyone else will appear between the user and the objective slave.
    Above status screen may be configured to tell the percent probability of accepting the change, general amount of "liking" the user, and a graph featuring the reasons.
    Also can be activated at will by the user, if the user can 'prove' the master or mistress is mistreating the slave or allowing them to essentially die a harsh death.
    Warning: It is the responsibility of the user as a new slave owner to provide for the necessities of life for the slave; Keigo will remove the ability if it's misused!
    Traits:
    - Ability gains levels with usage; more successful usages allow further successes in other situational uses.
    - Max number of owner change attempts per diem: (masterybonus + SQRT((user level + ability level) * 2)), rounded off
    - Success ratio per change attempt: (50 + (SQRT(user level) + (ability level / 2) + ((PERS + WILL) / 2)) / attempt) %
    - Successful changes add +2 xp per willing slave, +1 xp per unopposed slave, and +0.5 xp per opposed slave.
    - Failures add 0.1 xp per attempt; so it will remain beneficial to try to gain more slaves, if at all possible.
    - Sympathetic professions trained to mastery levels may increase the number of attempts, or the additional experience on success or failure.

"... well ... I think, this means I can do a lot in this world? If it's right, I can try two slave attempts per day, right at the start. It seems I'll get the best results the more willing the slave is to the change. And again with the 'sympathetic' stuff; what, this means if I also learn to enslave someone, that helps me change more slave owners per diem? As if ... oh, but the Skillifier, I totally could gain a slave mastery profession. But what would I do with it-"

I sigh; this is all heavy thinking, and I just arrived in this world. Somehow living in this world is not going to be as easy as living on Earth.

"But ... forget slavery, I'm gonna miss my dear Sarah still-"


I don't know where to go from here. Or rather since I have not one but two letters within my inventory, maybe I should start with reading the first one?

  • Yeah okay boy,
    You arrived on the world and are probably wondering what the hell to do. Sorry, I really did leave it open ended, as in ― no lifetime mission, no great quest, nothing of importance but to stay alive ... if you want. Or if you do not ... this can be arranged too, but oh well. I don't want my effort to bring you here to be wasted though.
    Except: to the east and the west of you are two separate kingdoms at war with each other, and those to the north or south also have their own issues. Oh did I forget to mention this? Ah well I am sorry, maybe you'll live through the next battle where both sides could unleash a few thousand soldiers into the vicinity; he,he,he,he,he,he,he. Ahem. That aside ... I really did make those abilities for previous summoned individuals, and so I thought I could reuse them for you too. Hope they work out, sorry if they don't.
    Probably the first thing you will want to do is construct some shelter. I know you have no idea of this but ... pretty soon some strange little green creatures are going to sweep across the grasslands. They always do. They are territorial, too; so having at least some home will help you out. Where you are standing right now would probably be as good a place as any to setup a temporary settlement. Plus, as a bonus, I will give your first structure a more or less "one year limited warranty", ha-ha; oh I really mean I will give it a proper ward against those meanie greenies.
    You will have enough resources to build this; plus, the other gifts should be worth something too. This grimoire, for one ― it will allow you to understand portals, enough so you can setup four portals to places into elsewhere, and then step between them and back to the origin point. But that is for a later time; I have preloaded four locations for you to transport yourself to and back. Since you are reading this note, I will also add an active map into your view, and you can control the size of the map window, and the zoom scale viewed too. Right now it appears to you to be about thirty centimeters from your eyes, at least thirty degrees to the right of and above your head's direct line of sight; it is showing a half kilometer radius around you, appearing within a seeming ten centimeter radius map window. It is not much, but it should show any little green monsters or even humans and other beast creatures as colored markings on the map itself. Sorry the map is not configured properly ... yet ... but at least you should be able to use it to 'sense' something coming your way.
    I have given you various thread and yarn and needles suitable from your memories as something you can use. All material gained is actually from your previous world, Earth ― such as thread and yarn rescued out of burning buildings and discarded in various places. This could actually allow you to make something worthy of resale, and thus a starting source of income; but it's up to you to obtain more when those are gone.
    Spare changes of clothing, obviously ― for you and any slaves you come to own. It is not a mission but I do detest what some so-called masters or mistresses do to their unwanted slaves. It is simply terrible so many of the masters impregnate female slaves then abandon them because they do not want a bastard child. Some of the worst order the slaves to their deaths, never caring to see them follow it through because slaves cannot refuse (generally, unless I intervene, and I have done this too much lately). So ... you can take on some slaves, and lessen the task for me to do.
    Yeah so actually this spot right here may make for a good 'midway point' type of fortress between these kingdoms. Go ahead and tell any armies or scouts of this ― say I am the one who set you down here; so then if they still want to fight you, just say they will be fighting me instead ― might make them back away. But in time, if you did setup a good sound settlement right there, maybe you could really find a 'middle ground' for them to meet together instead of fighting. Well they may be pressed in on their other sides by other kingdoms; but ... at least here, you can intervene in their attacking. Maybe using my name will get them to think about the consequences ... or remind them of the responsibility they have, living in my world. Hmm, maybe ― my followers are dropping though. Until later-
    (illegible signature)

"... I feel heavier somehow, just for having read these words-"

I think it means, even if Keigo did not say it, he would like for me and others to challenge the slave owners, and maybe the kingdoms' tendencies for war? Well I can see how one feeds into another ... especially if the kingdom armies use disposable slaves for battle.

But so, I guess ... the first thing to do is take a look at the second letter, followed by my building options-

"HALT!"

Uh oh, I didn't notice someone coming along just now. How long did it take me to read that last scribbler's scribbles and scratches?

"H, hello?" I reply, turning west to see a man sitting upon a large creature, reminiscent of a hippopotamus, only taller, bright green shortly furred body with a larger hairy blue-green mane around the neck.

Well, this animal looks neat, as a ride-

"Who goes there!"

Some strange looking man in a soldier's uniform, albeit a matching tattered tunic and pants and cloak of forest green dyed leathers, a dull gray iron cap with its nosepiece bent to a side, and his nose had probably got bent out of shape too at one point, from the looks of him. His leather armor seemed like it had taken a few slashes, while I think about it; those green monsters might be a real threat out here.

"Um actually-"

"Who are you!"

"-that's what I'm getting to, you jerk!"

Surprised at my reaction, he actually quiets down so I can answer. At least the creature seems docile enough to not be startled easily; but maybe it's not the type for direct combat, only for scout maneuverability.

"So actually I'm new here, new to this world, I got brought here from another world by some guy named Keigo-"

"-you lie!"

"No I don't lie. I wouldn't tell anything so strange or random as this; because this is what just happened to me. Keigo set me down here, and I am to make a place to live here too."

"... but ... that has to be a lie! No god would ever do that to someone!"

"Well this one did. And he said to tell anyone who was brave enough to want to fight me, they will instead fight Keigo himself-"

Oh, poor soldier boy; I think he might be out of his pay grade, on this one. Gonna have to go back to civilization, are you?

"... that ... that's gonna be trouble-"

"Well tough. The words of Keigo trumps anything your kingdoms of this world think is their right. I'm settling here, like it or not. Now, shoo ― go on, git ― go ahead and go back home, this is my area now-"

"You bastard little turd!"

As he's sliding down off the creature, a sword in hand ― I extract the staff, expecting to face some danger. It's a practical meter and a half long, and so I hold it by one end, which is wrapped with a kind of bandage.

It, it's not like I know how to use it, it's just ... because I liked 'Star Wars' ... in the other world I 'pretended' to be a Jedi knight! Yeah I was the weird kid in the bunch!

At least now, as I strike a pose with a weapon he hadn't seen previously, it seems his confidence in taking me on is shaken. Well I'm obviously shaking too, but at least I know some poses from practicing with an old stick at home!

-check, lone boy uses intimidation on soldier ... it's super effective!

"... fine you win ― I'm gonna go report you to my boss anyway, you punk! And then let's see what you do in the face of a kingdom's army!"

He hops back up to his beast, climbs aboard, then rides off at a fair gallop, yelling random challenges back at me. The last thing I can hear for sure sounds like, "You can't hide behind the skirts of some god forever!"

The guy kinda acts like a whiny narcissist who just experienced his first 'game over'.

But the goddess' letter was more apologetic of her companion deity's lax attitude and treatment, nothing more though. She did write if I do go into one of the temples her worshippers built, then I can gain a weekly activity boon, a random one I cannot choose.

... anyway I'd better get to building, to have somewhere safe then before nightfall. Now how does this work?


... aah ... at last, found it. All I had to do was call out 'Constructor', and wait for the system to pop up. Instead of doing all that silly 'chuunibyou' like stuff-

Hmm; a construction menu. Simple cottage? Small barn? Tiny shed? Oh now these options get incredibly small, like 'tool shed' and 'storage box' ... what. I have no tools. And I don't know, but I don't think a storage box is any better than a cardboard box as a form of shelter-

On the plus side, all of the structures say they can be upgraded later, by adding in additional resources and using the existing structures themselves. At least for this I can plop down the largest structure I think I can afford to keep going. Well at least if one army unit will come here ... then that gives Keigo something to handle, a medium sized house ― in this world it's sized like two hovels put together but made of wood beams instead of branches and plaster for the walls.

This used up four units of structural stone on the foundation ― yea I won't have to sleep on dirt floor ― and twenty units of assorted woods. At least that made a structure sitting on an eight by eight meter squared foundation, with walls and eaves reaching a good two and a half meters. A nice pitched roof, wooden shingles though; roof canted at a twenty two and a half degree pitch so I could sit up there and watch the surroundings for a while if I wanted. The protection boon is already active upon it, with no further message from Keigo; well it's not like I wanted to hear from him either-

Going inside the one nice wooden door, I see it uses a wooden beam across the inside of the door frame to bar entry from unwanted folks. Although with a boon this will be a moot point for a year. The inside shows it has a properly made ceiling for the rooms, and at one corner I see a trapdoor up into the area above the rafters ― an attic, for storage of ... ah well I do have an inventory system now, so technically I don't need an attic-

Seeing its more or less cubic shape from outside, I'd expected its inside to be split into quadrants, but not so perfect. Oh the main door is centered on the southern side where I entered; the western half is open with a living room in the southwest, a kitchen and dining area for the northwest. The western side takes up more than half, the five most western meters of the structure. The northeast corner seems to be the bedroom, with a bed and a chamberpot but not much more; and the remaining southeast corner more or less a 'spare' room. Hmm if I am to get a slave, he or she should have their own bed, right?

But at least now I have something which will leave me feeling protected, for some time.

Next building, outside. I can also show this as a flat map in the air, a "bird's eye view" of my new settlement ― and maybe this could help with urban planning. The actual center point of this settlement shows a place which could logically be a public well, with a bucket to descend down into the depths of the ground. Four units of stone and one unit of wood for the wellhead. Well okay then, build a well and this will take care of my daily needs for water.

And from this well, I see where I can extend 'streets' out to 'roads' going the four cardinal directions ― paths toward other places. Place these first few streets ― another four stone units to firm up the ground with some paths ― and again, done. Either from some practical reason or just lucky fate ― my house is already aligned within what I would consider the first lot, northwest of the well. Its door on its south side is facing the east/west street.

Oh? My build options went up by one thing? And something of stone, too ― I can now build a 'bathing house'. Basically by the description, like a shed made of stone, but with an attached cleaning magic which allows for a more proper bath and toilet ― what I knew on Earth. Let's place this south of me, so the door is facing my own home. Two doors in this side, so I suppose two people can be doing their bathing and toiletries at a time? Aah I walked around it fully, so it's got two more doors; it's a structure five meters by five meters, about the same roof height of my own house. Each quadrant inside will be a two point five by two point five meter open room for a person doing their bathing and toiletries.

I peer inside one door ― dark, but as I step in, it lights up with some light stone set into its ceiling, and a screen like a status menu appears with options. It shows my mana, and it shows services plus features to be added ― various lathering soaps, hair shampoos, air dryer at the end? And a laundering facility, a magical inventory slot on the wall where clothing can be placed to be cleaned while the person bathes. Then onto the already placed furnishings. Proper plumbing fixtures? A sink and toilet in one corner, a bathtub in another corner, and a shower stall in the third corner? Faucet works, the water runs, and so does the toilet flush too ― but I do feel a faint drain from these things, and looking at my status, a single point of mana is removed as a 'cost' of water use. With more mana use, wounds could heal and even scars would fade away to be so indistinct. Plus for every ten mana expended by the user, one point of the fee went toward the owner of this place adding in other enhancements. Very practical, if I can get some visitors here, they too can use this at no cost to me, or in the long run even help me out-

Oho so I can enlarge my own home already? And ... I get a second floor? NIIIICE.

Basically the dimensions enlarge by another couple meters, my 'master bedroom' and another couple spare rooms are now on the second floor, along with a smaller 'master bathroom' like the one outside. It's good, this means I won't have to walk outside to take a bath or pee or something. The water flow is seemingly connected ... maybe to the well itself. Which makes me think, if more and more buildings are to be built, then more wells too need to be built. I wonder what's the radius of water connections from the well? Or if it has any daily or hourly limit in water flow?

It also means, after a couple more buildings, I should probably setup some kind of gated village wall, or guard points, so that my turf can be defended. One of the building plans might be a small shrine that can be upgraded to a temple; but ... eh, I'll see how the other things go, first.


I don't understand magic, even if I have those skills. But I note, when I do extract the grimoire, I do see the separate paper note neatly slipped inside the tome. It's an extra page placed inside the front cover with the promised four portal locations to start ― four separate locations, just for me to pick, and maybe try to get a first slave.

  • Hey yeah here are another few sites you can try; all I can say is, touching the items will allow you to place the portal into your home there, only on a flat surface. I have tried to pick the four most common places with the most chances of you finding slaves ― abandoned or mistreated or whatever ― and attempt to take them as yours. The portal you place should also make a portal available somewhere safely out of sight at the destination, so you can just travel back to the destination by stepping through it. Well if you end up purchasing some residence in the destination city or something, that should be fine too, as you can have a place to transfer without worry. Here goes the four chances for ya little buddy:
  • 1. Weszlant Kingdom, capital city Weszlanchia, portal into an unused blind alley.
    Description: A mostly moderate kingdom who is the most welcoming across all races (except demon kind). Whatever benefits the royal family is tolerated; business and trade is permitted; but all is taxed. The common person 'just passing through' should experience no problems, as the city holds enough activities to keep all busy or with employ.
    Chance of detection: minimal.
    Racial bias/mixture: human dominant, beastkin tolerated; demon races hated, investigated, prosecuted for the slightest reason.
    Population: 49,381 (61.37% human, 11.33% elf, 9.94% catkin, 6.81% foxkin, remainder of various mixes).
    Security level: citizens allowed to be armed; visitors allowed to hold arms if kept stowed; general peacetime conditions; demon races hunted on sight.
    Core attractions: Weszlanchia Royal Companions Guild; Weszlanchia Royal Palace; Weszlanchia Royal Treasury.
    Abandoned slave potential: 17 total (1 human, 2 elves, 1 catkin, 2 dogkin, 1 foxkin, 3 lizardkin, 2 dragonkin, 4 demon races).
  • 2. Easserah Empire, capital city Easseratia, portal on the backside of a merchant shop.
    Description:
    Chance of detection: low.
    Racial bias/mixture: standard humanoid mix (human, elf, dwarf, gnome), demon races tolerated but monitored.
    Population: 35,748 (19.49% human, 19.22% elf, 16.38% dwarf, 14.49% gnome, 9.12% demon race, 5.11% various beastkin, remainder of various mixes).
    Security level: nonstandard races and slaves detained and searched regularly; resisters wounded then prosecuted.
    Core attractions: Easseratia Merchant's Guild, Embassy Row, Gnomish Alchemical Laboratory.
    Abandoned slave potential: 11 total (2 human, 1 elf, 4 catkin, 1 dogkin, 3 demon races).
  • 3. Suuderlant Merchantry, capital city Cassino, portal into an abandoned mountain mineshaft within the city walls.
    Description: One of the most moderated kingdoms on this continent ― not really a kingdom, but a nation founded on open trade and freedoms for its inhabitants. This land has the widest diversity of any place, at any one time in this world's history.
    Chance of detection: minimal.
    Racial bias/mixture: standard humanoid mix + beastkin (human, elf, dwarf, gnome, catkin, dogkin, foxkin, dragonkin).
    Population: 30,132 (30.01% human, 24.37% elf, 22.98% dwarf, remainder of various beaskin or mixed races).
    Security level: free to go about your business, open borders, adventurers and merchants welcome; law enforcement moderate, some graft possible.
    Core attractions: Cassino Gaming District, Cassino Gladiator Pits, Cassino Red-light District, Cassino Slave Mercantile Quarters.
    Abandoned slave potential: 5 total (1 catkin, 2 foxkin, 2 lizardkin).
  • 4. Noorden Koenigendaanz, capital city Noordenz, portal into an alley just off a main street.
    Description:
    Chance of detection: moderate.
    Racial bias/mixture: any sentient races allowed, slanted toward beastkin races.
    Population: 25,379 ().
    Security level: respect the locals, do your business and move along, comply with law enforcement or be detained and penalized.
    Core attractions: -none-
    Abandoned slave potential: 20 total (9 humans, 6 dwarves, 3 gnome, 2 lizardkin).

The information is incomplete; as in, whoever was supposed to finish this demographic hint, wasn't able to do it. I suppose I should be thankful of even this much; because I don't think Keigo is eager to do anything more than this.

"Whoa ... well that's a lot to take in. Hmm. What shall be my first chance to go slave shopping?"

Picking up the grimoire, I wonder where to start in this. I began flipping through the pages, until ― one last note fell out, from inside the back cover.

  • 'Oh and hey, I know you are a virile young boy and all ... but do not overdo it after getting your first slave girl. And thanks for taking up my work for a few decades, okay!'

"D, decades, what ... the God of Responsibility is definitely acting irresponsible!"

16