01: Has anyone worked in a diner? [+Poll]
517 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lieutenant Quogg and his men are begrudgingly treading away, and I'm left here with a number of women (plus a few males) just looking at me with some sort of desire ― beyond the plain interest they might have anyway.

At the last second, I saw Quogg turn back ― to whisper something casually ― it sounded like, 'Will it be okay if I come back some day?' I can only grin and whisper my response; if he isn't bringing any trouble with him, then he's welcome to come here, at any time.

No doubt the most of them merely want to be staying here, and have some sense of security. From what Niki has told me, life in this world is hard enough ― as if I hadn't already got it from what I saw. Sure; some kingdoms might 'summon' someone to do their bidding at times, but most of the times the peoples wondered why the one deity did not do more. Well in this part I did say I got the sense of Keigo being overworked ― or maybe overlooked (if I am being polite, in his case) ― in the world-

And another part of them want me, or the security of the place, maybe for their own selfish reasons. Perhaps they've been chased for too long, had to leave behind too many people they cared about; but with me here ― I'm sure their minds are seeing ways they could turn things around.

A third part of them might even find me attractive ― Niki herself had dropped enough hints and innuendo in the little chat earlier; I think she'd take the lead in leaping at me for a roll in the grass. If she only has the chance-

I ... I won't say n, no ... or will I.

Well I do have special memories of me and my Sarah, things that never h, happened-


"So ... anything new to discuss?" I turn to Niki, presenting a bold front ... while I can.

"Since you said, you're gonna help me ― and I hope, the rest of my informal family here ― then I think we're good. We need a place to eat, and place to sleep, and if goblins are gonna come out at night, a rally point and defensive positions-"

"Yeah; about this." I bring up my Constructor menu again, and search through the settings. "Yep, the one thing is still here. Village fencing, or walls. And proper gates. So I do have quite a lot of material for building ― I'm not gonna say how much ― but I can probably build enough of a village settlement to comfortably house sixty or seventy people without complaint. More, if I can get a steady supply of wood, stone, iron, clay, or whatever other building materials this world uses."

Seriously ... those looks ― I think these people are adoring me.

"But. Um. My world I came from is past this level of culture; it's pretty much settled across its surface, except the deserts, so ... planning a village layout is something new for me. I don't know if I should take out a well or bathing structure to put in something else-"

Oho those looks now. They are saying, without saying, if I do remove the bathing place, they will hurt me. ― Er no, not hurt me; I think Niki would step in though; but they at least look mortified I might think to do this now. Sadly I understand this meaning without a word said in this manner. (But I do have to admit, I partially wanted to say it anyway, just to see their facial reactions.)

"Well. First step. I can setup simple walls, corner observation towers, and a few houses. Still might want to double up or triple up on rooming arrangements for now. Can I assume you will be willing to take turns at the night watch, so nothing gets in?"

"Yeah we're used to that. It's a first time doing it in our own village-"

"Hey Niki it's not our village," one of the other girls corrects. "It's this guy's, and he could still tell us to go away from here-"

"-but I won't. I do need all of you, probably as much as you need me too. Let's just say, we're even. Now, if it's to be a settlement, I would properly someday have a guild or something, to put out proper quests, also. But for now I'm just starting so I don't have any currency of this world, or of the nearby kingdoms. And, well, if you could start scribbling down some ideas for me to have in mind, I'll take to heart your words and thoughts properly, as I build. And this doesn't mean you are forced to stay or cannot leave, either; you are welcome to be here or come and go as you please ― but in what Niki said, I am betting it would be safer for you all to stay in place for a while, and let the search for you to dissipate."

"Some of us have families out there, some reason to get back to them," the kitsune former priestess Terabell inserts. "And we might want to show them what they can have here."

"That's fine. And ... well now that I think about it, if I am starting a settlement, if you want to also encourage others to move here ― I will not be against it. Only a few basic rules. One; since I have an obligation that goes toward helping Keigo in a specific way, none of the new residents should be opposed to this. Two; I'm not setting up a government structure yet, but even as things are starting, I do not want any fighting over this or that right, or this or that need. Try to find some middle ground, or have some neutral party draw you toward a 'common ground'. Three; defense of this settlement is the defense of all; and defense of the ones who gather here is the defense of the settlement's stability. If in due time more people come here to settle, then they too can and should be part of a village defense force. Four; we will not provoke fights from outsiders; but if drawn into a fight we will finish it. We do not have to be tricky or devious, we only have to stand firm and use what abilities or skills we possess. I may think up more of a rules layout, and probably a more properly worded format for these; but for now I will hope each of you can agree to these things. If someone has good writing in local languages, then I could use that person as an assistant, for an extended time."

One by one, they gave their assent ― aside from one who didn't understand why she had to help others. She's named Sarina, and already she's so at ease she is holding a liquor bottle and taking sips from it, while sitting on the grass.

"If others get into trouble, even in the same place I live ― why do I have to help them! I'd just run-"

"Because, Sarina," Niki spoke, "he wants us to be a proper settlement, to draw others here instead of push them away. Isn't that right, Max my love."

"... with a minor point of how we aren't in such a relationship ... yet ... yes. But anyway. I hear stomachs gurgling; so I suppose I should build some kind of kitchen or something-"

Again, accepting their hopeful glances, I lead the way to the southeast quadrant, to a space which is still open ground, and again select from my Constructor menu. "Right ... there? Hmm. A bit on the small side ― oh wait. I see how if others share their mana, I can expand the build templates, because the magic accounts for the helpers' memories of places too. Anyone feel like touching my shoulder- Oof!"

Almost all hands reached for my arm or shoulder or even neck; and in a mere second, the menu refreshed to show far more available than I'd ever seen-

"Oh cool! I can see this! That's your system, right my sweet snack?" Niki cooed.

I think she's wearing me down ... or trying to. I'll let her say those things, maybe for a while; it's nice to hear them. And maybe if I turn more romantic, I then have an upper hand to see how far she's willing to go in a relationship, if she has already been saying some terms of endearment.

"Yeah. Well now. I see any number of building structures now that I'd like to try here; how about the pattern marked Tilly's Restaurant ― ah but it's just the building, no food automatically included."

"Build it, we'll figure out something, honey."

Ooh, that took a lot out of me, and maybe a fair chunk from each of them too. But it's building itself, in seconds.


Strictly speaking, in all this time I've only built the home, the well, the streets, the bathing place, enlarged the house, and then also built this. All of this just put me up to a personal level two, but not quite rank up on the Constructor ability. Must need to keep doing more, until I somehow rank up in that thing.

The structure itself is more spacious even than my own house now; no I'm not jealous, as a dining or meeting point it's the size I think it should be. Large glass fronted window panes, to give a sweeping view across the grassland to the north, which will soon be obstructed by walls. We can see inside to the interior furnishings ― spacious interior to host a good fifty people inside; about twenty of them window adjacent booths; the rest are tables throughout the dining area. Looks like a certain diner from back on Earth ― and if I didn't know better, I would say this "Tilly" was also transferred here or something.

And then, we go inside as one group ― why hold off on our hungers?

"Has anyone worked in a diner?" Niki is quick to prompt.

Three of them ― two slaves ― could meagerly raise their hands. Niki has, but the others remind her she was fired the first day. Johara's harekin slave Bebe is probably the most likely one to remain in the kitchen as I see her skills in her status screen. Aside from the kitsune Terabell claimed to have worked as a waitress after being "fired" as a shrine maiden or priestess, but left that job when Niki recruited her. But for all of them, cooking is at least a common domestic requirement. Well so have I had a summer job in a restaurant, only but I think they can try it out. Terabell said a meager "this is like where I worked" so I think it will be okay.

"Well then, I'll let you figure out what to do. Um. I do have these meats and fruits and grains ― something to start with." I present some things upon one table inside but they all stare. A mere 'ten units' was enough to feed me and them, quite well, with some left over at the end. Which meant even one unit for me, would have been two fair sized portions.

The two people ― Bebe and Terabell ― carry my foods back to the kitchen; but as I and the remainder of the group seat ourselves, Bebe saunters back out with a problem.

"Um, Mister Maxwell-"

"Just Max is fine."

"Mister Max, the kitchen fires won't light and the ovens look strange."

"Oh. Maybe it's something this world hasn't seen yet, but I can figure it out because I know it already?"

"... yes. They are strange, what looks like an oven is a strange boxy thing with knobs on it. And one thing is a huge slab of metal with knobs too, that could be a cooking surface."

"Ah."

It's really strange that I somehow brought 'upgrades' to buildings and furnishings of this world, from the medieval fantasy to the more highly technical, along with me-

-but how are these electric appliances given power? I don't know; I do not even see power cords or wall sockets either.

A mere few minutes later, I've explained the workings of this 'high tech' kitchen, at least enough for Bebe and Terabell to figure the rest out on their own ― to gain experience.

And then, go back to sit with the rest of the group.

"So. Tell me about all of you, about this group they called bandits. And since I came from a world which only had humans as sentient life ― Niki already told some of these things ― but could you tell me more about all the races on this world too?"

"-er, Keigo did not tell you?" Arcatha the lizard like mage woman spoke. "He gave no proper introduction?"

"... no. He did not."

Their faces said, somehow they were coming to understand a new side of the main god of this world.

... I will neither confirm nor deny any of their next thoughts.


In seconds they are all chattering away, some speaking over others, some just timidly inserting a minor correction here or there. It's a real hodgepodge of a group, and I wonder how they actually stick together. But over a generous period of time, I'm coming to understand something of them.

{Author's Note: It's at this point the previous "character info" chapter could go ― Max's analysis of and chatting with this bandit team. The previous chapter does end inferring a burp coming; which is how the next scene starts, after this one. FYI, if at any time characterizations become important, you can reference back to the previous stuff, and I'll update some of it too.}

The conversation among me and eighteen others seems to go well; we do have fairly good chemistry to work (or at least dine) together. Even Johara, who seemed the standoffish type, also is calm and talkative once she is started. Though I see this, maybe they're still tense yet ― if a goblin train rolls right through here, then ... they gotta be sharp. Perhaps they had really meant to be at a destination further north of here by now, but cannot make it to safety now ― more like they have to stay and fight at least for tonight, whether they want to or not.

The prepared food is now brought out of the kitchen by the two persons working it; I'll let the more dire thoughts slip away in favor of eating, primarily. Of course, I won't just forget the needs in the coming hours either; but food is food.

Yes, I do now see only faint traces of awareness from these faces, in the vague sense they know a goblin party may roam this grassland from the nearby tree groves and forests. I don't think it's a worry, except now in me having a diner here, with a glass front window ― something I don't want broken by creatures attacking here. Which means, after this meal is done, I gotta get busy placing walls and defensive structures.

Defensive structures ... walls definitely, with gates in the four cardinal directions; but also definitely something more. If I am limited to 'civil and domestic' structures, that means I'd have to use a building made for one purpose, as something of another purpose. I assume tall sheds with small footprints near the corners can be used as temporary archer towers, if the archers can climb atop them and can see over what walls I put in place?


The food is good, I let out a burp without being obtuse about it. Still, they notice ... but shake it off as if not worth saying anything.

"What?" I ask.

Niki replies instantly, both chagrinned and worried. "That might get you arrested, in certain places."

"... oh. Well this is odd; in my world ... yeah okay it may be 'rude' in some places, but in others it's also a sign of respect to those who prepared or served the meal. Sort of a way of saying 'I will make room for more in my digestive system'. A cross between giving honor and a compliment ... are you saying I cannot burp, ever again? Ever?"

"Nah, we don't mind so much, since we're considered ... uh were considered to be bandits or barbarians; but we do have to watch ourselves in certain places. For one: Noorden Koenigendaanz, a land north of here; it is very strict and security conscious ... more so than any other place. Its capitol Noordenz the worst, by far ― you sigh or groan or anything, someone is going to point you out for their law enforcement to sideline-"

"Yeah and the one time I did," Arcatha ran right on into the topic, "they piled on top of me then took me in on questioning. Dang cops thought just because I'm a mage I was trying to cast some weird spell, when all I really did was stretch from being in the saddle too long ... and let out some gas too."

I pictured this, nodded, and smiled. Well, not like I knew what this was like; but growing up I did experience a fair amount of "don't do that" from conservative parents ... and that's the closest I can guess she means.

Inhale, exhale, breathe to live. Obviously now most of them are done or nearly so with eating, and one or two might be looking like they wanted more; but I'll be darned if I'm going to share quite so much, all of the time.

"So ... make the buildings and walls, or setup a night watch? Well either way, gonna need someone to watch the place. Niki, do you have a typical night shift planned?"

"We do; usually about half the group each night, then the next night it's the other half ― on journeys taking longer than two consecutive days, as they do normally. It gets tiresome about the fourth night of this routine but by then we're usually closer to where we want to go. Aah, I guess you want to know how many are ready for tonight. But that depends on how much of the village wall you can get setup, for us to have a secured area."

I do some figuring in my head, briefly mumbling some few remembered facts about medieval villages. "... hmm well ... let's see ... a place for one thousand people ... should take around sixteen acres ... plenty of area for later expansion if done right-"

"Sixteen acres!" spat out Sarina Ketera, with a suddenly awed but hopeful view ― but empty whiskey bottle. "With that large a space and so many residents, I can have a lot of drinking buddies, every night!"

"Dream on, elf girl," challenged the rabbit man Bonner Ragget. "He's not building a place where we can laze about and just get soused all the time; and by 'we' I mean 'you'-"

"... well I don't mind if she has this objective for her own time," I break across the coming argument. "It's not my goal to see villagers end up this way ― but I also see some reason to make entertainment and social establishments ― as well as working places. A bar, inn, general store, marketplace, stable, saddle and tack shop, blacksmith, weapons or armor shops, clothing stores, and more. Some civil or military type buildings ― city hall, barracks, training grounds, library, medical clinic or healer's stations. Anything more?"

"Adventurer's guild?" queried Niki. "Yeah even if we were forced out of one place ... that doesn't mean we wanted to leave the adventuring life. Er, most of us perhaps would continue to adventure, if we could-"

"But this brings up another question ― of your career of choice. Of the twenty here, how many really do want to be adventurers. And let the slaves answer for their own personal means, if you will."

The three slave owners ― the women Niki, Arcatha, and Johara ― all softly tell their slaves they can choose what they wish, to adventure or not. Surprising to me; I thought slave owners would be harsher than this. Perhaps their having been on the run gave them all a chance to ponder the reality of it? Or is it this, the new situation with me ― a representative of a god?

At the end of the next couple minutes of discussion ― everyone allowed to speak their piece, and peace ― all are willing and able to defend this place. With one or two adding the serious quip, as long as this bathing place will stay. Yeah, I laugh a little to this, but ... they're so serious. Bathing house stays, or they want to go. Hmm; I hadn't really understood it to be this serious an issue.

"... um, you know, friends ― a leveled up house like mine has a bathing and toiletries part too ― and I can always build many more bath houses, as this settlement expands-"

But other than this: after walls or defensive stations are setup maybe only nine really want to be 'adventurers'. The rest wish to be either plain villagers or craftsmen or merchants, or someone with something to do here. Sure surprised Niki in this outcome.

"... well I guess I'm in the minority then." Her gaze turns away; whether this is a play on emotion or her serious inner hurt, I cannot say.

"It's not like that!" blushed Arcatha's youngest slave Avarice, gaping at the bandit queen. "Miss Niki, you d, do well for us! We know when you sacrifice for all our sakes! Whether we are adventuring or fighting for our lives, we know you will protect us-"

"-eh, careful kid, don't have any 'hero worship' of me; I'm not as great as you think."

"-still!"

I sigh; at least it's someone else who has a fan for once, and not me; I don't think I could take the hero worship as well as Niki is.


All being told, I'm ready to setup the village walls. Instead of the massive 'sixteen acres' for a small township of a thousand people, I'm starting out with only a space one quarter of this, a square area for four acres. These wood walls do rise up a whole three meters, or not quite ten feet. Four stone archers' towers, one in each corner, will raise the combat potential of this place a fair amount. This should safely keep my house, the well, diner, and bathing house within practical limits near the middle, and allow good maneuvering for these watchers.

Plus the northeast quadrant is cordoned off with shorter more manageable fencing, to mark the animal pen ― to keep these new villagers' rides in a static place. Arcatha's slave Avarice takes on the task of watching the animals, as seems to be her role in the group; so I hand her four units of grains which I assume the donkeys will eat, along with the grass in this pen.

... even if some of these twenty people do not want to continue adventuring, at least all know they must consider defending this place properly. Niki is arranging the nightly roles and turns, so a fair rotation could be done properly. I also try to offer to take part of the night watch ― but get shot down by Niki herself ― "No way, love; if something happens to you, do you think any of us can keep going on here?"

I sigh, then say softly, "Even so, if there's a fight, I at least want to stand in front of my house and fight what comes at me. I did get this staff weapon-"

"... fine, then; but no closer to the fighting than this. You don't look like you've fought enough in your life to be prepared for what's coming."

'But how else can I get such experience, than putting myself in the way some times-'

It's the first time I would have to agree on the reason for someone to overrule me. "Yeah ... my former world only has humans and animals but the law is more or less leading toward a social balance ― no monster races like the little green things Keigo said-"

"Seriously ― you've never seen ... a goblin?" Niki's brother Gray asked me.

"... only what is portrayed in fictional depictions based on what some imagine them to be; nothing realistic."

"Then you may want to take a look, too; just so you know what's what. Creepy little suckers; even in a grassland they can pop out at you all of a sudden, as if from nowhere. And they're sneaky too; they'd kill you and their brothers just to kill something in the heat of battle. And, rape you more than kill you, if they can. Mostly try to kill you and me and the rest of us; but ... we've dealt with goblins before-"

"-doesn't sound nice at all. They don't have any civilization?"

"Nope," Arcatha speaks up. "All they do is, eat kill hunt rape, and not necessarily in this order. We've only ever seen male goblins, though others claim in their caves they do have females; but only the males come out hunting and for grabbing all the girls they can get-"

"... aah, I see." I inhaled slowly, then exhaled. "Well. It seems you got the guard roles setup okay; then since I'm just about sapped for the day of building, I'm ready to head inside before it gets too dark." I turn face upward to the sky, then call out, "Keigo can I assume these new friends can also enter my home if I wish them to?"

About a meter above me, a 'space' in the air is sliced open, and a letter falls out of the unseen realm beyond this. I catch the note, and unfurl it to read. Niki comes to read from behind. I should be annoyed she's pushing her breasts into my back; but-

  • 'Oh, I see you are eagerly gaining allies; all well and good. For now it is fine who you let inside your personal residence but at later times you may wish to keep this limited to a trusted few. To do it, touch them and say "permit entry". If any of them become too unmanageable inside your buildings, you can just touch them and call "evict" and then they will be kept outside of the building, until the next time you allow them inside. If you create an official village guard, then the head guard and team chiefs can also have this right, so it is not all on you alone. A better way might be to have some of the extra persons bunk down in the diner, at least until you erect proper barracks or homes to take on residents and village guards.'

"Oh hey, that's the god's handwriting?" Niki dared to ask, still holding her breasts to me. "I thought it would be ... neater."

"... yeah, I think Keigo might be a little on the easygoing side. Maybe almost to the lazy-"

I got zapped; so no way am I going to finish this sentence. Even Niki pulled back to say 'Ow, my tits'.

"... ugh, always a zap, when I just wanna tell you how the god is-"

Niki only chuckled while she massaged her chest, but then said, "Hey you didn't have to say it; you could have left it at the 'easygoing' and I would have understood."

In any case, I think Niki's planning to be up all night, for "both halves" of the night watch; she plans to be like a military soldier unit's first sergeant, in doling out tasks and roles and places. Her second in command, Bonner Ragget is supposed to take the first half of the night, and Arcatha the second half; but Niki's still in charge, it seems.

Niki's slaves Caren, Ferret, and Janna are in the first watch; her slaves Deena, Gray, and Halley are in the second watch; and of course even if any others aren't 'officially' assigned a watch, I'm sure they will want to be alert to a danger call.

But first, I'm curious ... with all the hints dropped ― how far will Niki go with me, tonight.

"Well anyway. Niki. Come with me, to my place-"

"Sure, love."

I am not denying a certain thought of what's going to happen, any more.


"Permit entry."

Holding Niki by the hand, I say the words to allow her into my private residence ... which might be awkward if she can just come in and grab me any time she wants.

I take a moment, showing her around. She's pleased to see I have a private bath room here too ... and thus, so can she, if she can come inside, any time she wants. She's got a sudden grin, and ... pulls me inside, with her. Yanking off all her dusty road clothes ... she hadn't experienced a bath and the toiletries yet ... she chuckles in the fun of the moment as I show her where her and my clothes will go. She picked a woodsy scent in the bath customization?

I'll ignore the sharp smells of urine or feces, and instead lean against a wall naked while she does her business on the toilet. But also am ready for ... something, with her.

Now it's down to her and I, examining each other's bodies, by sight and by touch, and ... then meeting for the kiss, and sliding into the filling bathtub, fit for two.


"That was nice, love. A good job on making me your first wife."

"-gah-"

She chuckled. "Ah okay. Well, I had to try, right. After all, heroes like you are highly sought after, in certain women's circles. I may be a former bandit and rogue; but even since my youth I wasn't immune to wanting ... what we just had. Hey you know, the world's population is somewhere around three or four women to one man? Well yeah it's that. And the more men who come here, the less competition in women's spheres of influence for the male attention."

"... yes I heard. Though I think Keigo didn't do the introduction justice, in saying the how or why." I clear my throat, and roll to face her, letting my male part roll against her leg. "He did say, though. He set the birth ratio to around three to one; can I assume men are the majority of the combat forces too, and their losses are what's keeping the ratio so high? Why didn't I see any women in the combat troops sent after you?"

"Even if the women outnumber the men, there's a certain prejudice, in how the men are still in power, and the women have to vie for the men's attentions. Women are just ... breeding stock at worst; or maybe even casual sex friends at best. As far as military matters ... you can find an all woman unit for most cities; however they are more a 'police force' keeping them near their homes or the men who control them. I hope you won't end up that way, or-"

I shook my head. "Don't plan to. Though I won't deny my having to act in a like manner, if I am to 'fit in' with the rest of the world."

"Don't fit in, dear. Change the world." She grinned at me, even more so than just being content for having her first time too. "But for the other, what we just did ... I'm fine. I won't force you to be with me only; it's the way of this world. I hope for a repeat sometime. The only thing I truly want to hold you to, is your promise ... help me find my sister. At least the youngest one who was the weakest, and then others if I can find them too."

"So ... any clues on this?"

"... just that Ita was or should be somewhere in Suuderlant Merchantry, which is why most of my operations were there, instead of elsewhere. I was always trying to sniff out where my siblings could have got taken to, or even a scent of their presences now, in the city. But I haven't found a trace, which is why ... I think, Ita might be dead or dying somewhere. Because one of the things bastard masters like to do, after they have had their fill of girl slaves is, command them to die ... or command them to get lost or run away, but always to avoid their family ― so I can't find them. Sort of a last cruel burn, to the one being abandoned."

It's quickly becoming time for me to reveal ... a tidbit of my abilities, more than I've said yet.

"So ... if you can keep this between us ... one of the things I'm granted by Keigo, is ― the ability to take abandoned slaves, and slaves who are being abused or mistreated by their masters or mistresses. I don't know how I can 'prove' mistreatment; but the chance is, if I myself believe they are mistreated ― such as by this command you said ― then I can ... switch their master to being me. Which might be weird for you, if I-"

"-oh definitely, do it. I won't mind, if you yourself are not mistreating her. I'll be here, because regardless if she's my slave or yours ― she's my kin, and I will make my home and hers, wherever we are welcome."

I lean in for a brief kiss. "Always. Welcome here."

"Mm. But. It's a solid two and a half day ride, from here to Cassino, back in Suuderlant. At the best speeds and weather and rides."

"-I have a portal, right inside the city. If you will also keep this quiet."

Niki squealed, then hugged me tight. "-you mean, we can go, any time?"

"Yes. Though since Lieutenant Quogg and his team only just left hours ago ― it will still be that two plus days, less this initial travel time, for them to return. If you go with me, you may just ... get caught. I'd rather sneak over and look for myself. Well, any of the team who aren't known or seen in Cassino could come too; or ... you could go to one of the other cities-"

She gulped, and looked interested. "Just ... how many cities, can you go to, through ... portals?"

"Four. But it's possible to maybe open or place more."

"-let me guess, for now. One each to Easserah, Noorden, Suuderlant, and Weszlant."

"Yeah, how'd you know ― aah they're located at the compass points from here. I get it. But if you had a rec-"

"So if it can't be Suuderlant, then Noorden Koenigendaanz. Noordenz is so closed off, but it's the one which inhabitants of other places are the most curious to know. It's one place me and my team have not been able to explore, for its reasons of separation ― but also the danger for you ― no, love. I won't allow you to go to Noordenz!"

Which decision should Maxwell make?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
11