Chapter-17 New Power
105 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jade stands up as a feint purple aura begins to come out from his body , air forms around him as if the air itself is protecting Jade from any harm .

“That kid over there isn't normal .”

Artorius says looking at Jade .

“What do you mean ?”

Rayne looks at Artorius for a moment .

“Hehehe you will know……here he comes...”

As soon as he says that Rayne looks at Jade but he wasn't there where he was a moment ago , he is standing right in front of Rayne . Rayne Stutters for a moment but Jade doesn't give him time , he slashes upwards and dust scatters everywhere . But Rayne was able to dodge . 

“Damn he's strong . What can I do , if i get closer I'll definitely get hit .”

Jade looks at him and smiles and in less then a second he rushes towards him . He slashes from right , but Rayne doesn't dodge as he slashes too , the impact of the blades clashing together creates a huge amount of Mana , wind fanned the black flames as it scatters everywhere in the field . The pressure is so much that some students goes out of the field . A huge cloud of dust forms but soon Rayne gets thrown away from it , he lands but it looks like he took a huge blow .

“Swishhhh Boooom!!!!!”

“Pant…..pant…….pant , from when did he become so strong , is this because of the difference in ranks ?” 

As he says with weak breaths Artorius comes out and says .

“No it's not , rank doesn't really matter in this world . As long as you can become stronger you don't need to increase your SoulSea . I suggest not to attack him head on .”

“Ye…..yeah you're right .”

Jade comes out from the cloud of dust walking slowly , breathing just like Rayne , he is holding his right arm with his left one .

“Hehehe , what do you know ? The last blow was quite strong , my arm hurts , but Rayne…….. I've got something else wanna see ?”

Jade screams . Rayne smiles .

“Sure why not .”

Suddenly Jade points his left hand towards Rayne and Rayne begins to feel a weird pressure on him , he tries to go invisible and move right behind him……but he can't….

“Cinder Wind......Fall.....Cage.....Prison...”

As Jade says , Rayne feels an overwhelming pressure around him , as if the wind itself doesn't want to let him go , air forms around him , it cages him and he can't move or use any skills anymore .

“Now for the final move , Exodus Blade .”

A huge blade of Mana forms over Jade's head and he raised his right hand with his katana over his head as well . He slashes towards Rayne and the huge blade falls on him .

“Boom!!!!”

Again dust scatters everywhere , slowly Jade begins to walk towards Rayne who is now lying on the ground .

“Ahhhhhh……it hurts it hurts .”

Rayne says while lying on the ground , Jade reaches him .

“You damn right it does….”

Jade says and brings his hand towards Rayne .

“Now come on stand up , I know you didn't take the hit head on .”

He was right as just before the blade of Mana hit him he focused all his black flames over his head which made the impact less effective .

“Hehehe…..but you still beat me after all .”

Rayne says while holding his hand and standing up . Suddenly many students come closer to them and starts shouting being amazed of the match they just saw .

“Woooahhh that was awesome….”

“What is that skill , it's like fire is flowing through his whole body but still he is not burned .”

“Man I thought that guy was gonna lose just by one hit…..”

“But did you see the last move of Jade ?”

All the students chatter around them as Rayne and Jade look at each other and smile .

[At night , In Rayne's room]

“Maaaaaan I'm beat…….sheeesh my back hurts…..”

Rayne says lying on his bed . Artorius come out of his pendant and appears right before Rayne .

“You need to train more .”

“Wait what ? Are you blind , what do you think I was doing all day ?”

“Hmph……if that was training you wouldn't have lost .”

As he says he lies down in midair while floating .

“Hmmm…….well he is stronger than me…”

“Nope…..he is not .”

Rayne looks at him with confused eyes .

“Wha…..what ? I just lost to Jade you know , that proves I'm weaker than……”

“If losing is the meaning of being weak then you don't deserve to be called a man .”

“Wha…..what ? What are you talking about ?”

Artorius sits in midair .

“I'm saying , that you can beat him , but you can't cuz you don't even know how to play your cards right .”

“Yeah sure like you know that much stuff about fighting .”

“I may not have that much fighting experience , but what I have is knowledge….”

“What do you mean ?”

“I mean I can't see my disciple lose to those puny buggers , what will people say when I get back alive ?”

“Ahhhh yeah sure…..”

“Hey look here….”

Rayne looks at him , a scroll appears on Artorius's hand .

“Woooahhh a new skill ? Thanks master .”

As Rayne goes to snatch the scroll from his hand , Artorius hits on Rayne's head .

“Ooouuuuch what was that for ?”

“You greedy pig…….listen to me first .”

“Sheesh , what is it ?”

“This isn't a skill scroll……..this is something that will help you…….”

“If it's not a skill then I don't want it…..”

Rayne lies down again .

“Sit up you lazy ass disciple…….hmph , what if I say you can use magic even if you can't increase you're rank ?”

Listening to that in less than a second Rayne sits up straight , looking at Artorius .

Artorius looks at him with disappointed face .

“Sigh……greedy as hell huh ? Ohh well .”

“My master , my master is the smartest no the most knowledgeable person in the whole world no the whole universe…… ”

Rayne begins to kiss Artorius's hand and starts caressing his hand….

“Stop licking my ass , sheesh how greedy can you be , anyway , this isn't a skill but this is a type of magic .”

“But I can't use magic over bronze rank .”

“Hmph…..you can use this magic even if you don't have a rank .”

Rayne's face lit up and he couldn't help but ask .

“Re…really ? What type of magic is that ?”

“You see there were actually 3 types of magic in past………but Spirit Magic is the only one that we use today just because people thought that the other two were not very strong and were too much work……so they were lost . This scroll here contains one of those magic's core elements , the inscription magic . ”

“Wait so the inscription on you're prison were also….”

“Inscription magic…”

“Ohhh….but what is the other one ?”

“The other one is Sign magic . Even though it's relatively easier to learn but it's not that strong as it heavily relies on elements and they can't be evolved .”

“Ohh….”

Rayne looks at him with shining eyes of greed…..

“Okay okay sheesh , come closer .”

As Rayne goes closer , Artorius brings his hand near him .

“I'm gonna import some of the basic of inscription magic in your brain….but I can only do a little bit so you have to learn everything else on your own in this one week or else you won't be able to use it in the tournament .”

“Very well I'm ready .”

Suddenly Artorius's palm begins to glow and Mana begins to form on it , little by little the Mana goes inside Rayne's mind and about half an hour later it stops .

“Ooof that was a lot of Mana , well now you know the basics so start studying the magic from today . I'll be resting for now .”

Artorius says and goes inside his pendant once again after giving Rayne the scroll . Rayne looks at the scroll , many weird inscriptions are on it……but to Rayne it seems like he can understand them . Without wasting anymore time he begins to study .

[Time - 4:56 AM]

“It's doooonnnnneeee!!!!!!!!!”

Rayne screams as a bird which was sitting outside his window gets scared and poops . Artorius comes out of his pendant .

“Yaaaawwnnnn whaaa….? What is it ?”

“Master you are awake , look look I made one I made one .”

“What ? What did you make ?”

Artorius says while rubbing his eyes .

“Well…. honestly I dunno , but based on the inscription scroll you gave me , it seems I've made an explosion scro…..”

“An Explosion scroll!!!!!!”

Artorius screams .

“Ahhhhh yeah I think so…….”

“But how ? You just started , it took me 1 whole week to make my first…….ahem I mean yeah what's of it……it's normal let me see .”

He takes the scroll in which Rayne was writing the inscription and looks at it . His eyes stops on each stroke of ink as he inspects every inch of the scroll .

“This……this kid , he made a sapphire ranked explosion scroll in just a few hours after he learned the basics , hehehehehe I've found a jewel hehehehe…..”

Artorius makes a weird face with a grin on it and begins to laugh .

“Ahhhh…..master ? You are acting weird…….you ate something funny or something ?”

Artorius regains his normal posture .

“Ahem….no no it's nothing . But it seems to me that you have an inner talent for making inscriptions . This scroll you made is very strong…….well for your standards that is . But I don't understand how did you make this strong inscription ?”

“Ahhhhhh…….I just followed the instructions on the scroll you gave me but it seems my inscription writing is quite good eh ?”

Listening to that Artorius couldn't stop laughing .

“Hahahahaha that's right that's right .”

Even though he says that way he begins to think of Rayne at that moment .

“Inscription magic depends on the sole inscription and the Mana poured into it…..his memorising ability of the inscription is quit great .”

That day Rayne was very tired of training the new magic he learned but he couldn't rest as he knew , that might be his strongest weapon in the tournament which is just around the corner .

[The day before the tournament , Time - 11:57 PM]

Rayne is going out to the training field . He has many scrolls in his hand and his system inventory , those were all made by him in these few days .

[In the training field]

“Master you think it's ok to use them like this right now ? ”

Artorius comes out .

“Well why not ? You're just gonna use the three of them right ?”

“Yeah that's true .”

Rayne says while looking at one of the scrolls .

“Inscription magic is really suspicious , my system didn't say anything when I learned it….but the best part is it is an one time investment , I only have to pour my Mana on a inscription once and memorize it while touching it . Then whenever I touch something or someone I can summon the inscription and the effect of the inscription will happen .”

 He thinks and soon he shouts .

“Here goes the first one , Inscription of Shadow Bound .”

Rayne goes near a training puppet and touches it , he backs down as a big black ball of fire forms around it .

“It works , I'm sure if it was a human he would have problem coming out of it .”

“That's right .”

Artorius says .

“Use the next one .”

As Artorius says that Rayne brings out another scroll and looks at it .

“Second one , Inscription of Spark storm”

“This skill was also given to me by master , but unlike the others I've never used it .”

He thinks as he starts walking towards the puppet once again , it's burned from the last one . He touches it and stands back as electricity forms around it and goes through it .

“It works as well .”

“Well what can I say , my skills are awesome . Anyway use the last one……hehehe it's my favorite one .”

Rayne smiles but he doesn't even takes out a scroll .

“For this one I don't even need a scroll , I've been practicing it for everyday since I learned it .”

He says as he walks towards the puppet once again but this time he uses his shadow form , he touches the puppet and in less than a second he comes back , as if he didn't do that he would have been inside the huge explosion of black flames that just happened .

“Boom!!!!”

6