Chapter-18 The Tournament Begins
73 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place - The Royal Castle of Diouge , Time - 7:23 AM]

 

A royal guard is walking through the hallway in the castle , suddenly he notices something .

 

[King's Office]

 

A very bulky looking man with a stern look is standing , his hair is blond and his eyes are blue which are looking at the throne which is just before him , he is wearing a shiny outfit made out of the finest silk , it is as blue as the sky and has numerous designs and shiny gems on it .

 

“This is totally unacceptable .”  

 

He shouts .

 

A handsome young man , who was till now bowing right behind him , looks at him . His hair is jet black and his eyes are croma as if it's made out of Amber . He is wearing a black outfit with white border made out of the same silk , but with lesser designs and gems .

 

“But fathe…..”

 

The man with the blue outfit looks at him as if he's angry .

 

“I mean…….my king , she is just a kid…..”

 

“So what if she is ? Don't forget she is a Diouge .”

 

“But my king , it is not good for her to….”

 

“I know what's good for my own daughter Shane , don't forget even if you are the prince of this kingdom , you would've been dead in those slums if I hadn't adopted you . ”

 

Shane's head goes down as his eyes looks at the floor , sadness fills his whole face .

 

The king starts talking again .

 

“Well however I see this , it's not acceptable , how can her SoulSea mutate ? Her soul was pure just few days ago…..”

 

Suddenly the guard from before comes in .

 

“My king……my king , there is an emergency……”

 

Shane and the king both looks at him as Shane stands up .

 

“What ? Why did you get in without permission ?”

 

The king says with a surprised tone .

 

“Sorry for my idiocy my king but there is an emergency .”

 

“sigh…..what is it now ?”

 

“My…..my king…….the princess…..”

 

“What ? What did she do now ?”

 

“She….she is nowhere to be found my king .”

 

Shane's face changes as if he is frightened .

 

“What!!! Is this some kind of joke ? What do you mean by that ?”

 

The king goes near the guard and grabs his collar .

 

“Where is my daughter ?”

 

He says in a sinister tone .

 

“My….my king I......I dunno my king , when I was patrolling the hallway I saw her room was open , but when I asked her if she needs anything she didn't reply so I went in but she wasn't there……we've searched the whole castle my Lord but we couldn't find her .”

 

The guard says trembling in fear . The king pushes him .

 

“You……find my daughter , find Emilia , right now!!!!”

 

[Griffinstein training field]

 

The training field is filled with students , a huge arena for the tournament has been made in just a day .

 

“Woah it wasn't there last night…..”

 

As Rayne says Jade and Lily who were accompanying him look at each other with confused faces , they look at him and say .

 

“Last night ?”

 

Rayne looks at them as they were behind him .

 

“Ohh no nothing . Anyway how many students are participating ?”

 

Jade and Lily goes near him , Jade looks at rayne and starts speaking .

 

“As far as I know there are more than 100 students participating in the tournament . But I dunno how they are gonna start it…..100 is quite a big number for a tournament which is only gonna last 2 days . Do you know anything Lily ? ”

 

Lily thinks for a moment and starts talking .

 

“Hmm I've heard some stuff actually . Those 100 students aren't gonna be able to fight in the tournament . At first there is gonna be a race in the Forest of Long Pear , in that race only 32 students will be chosen . After that the brackets will be made and the 1 verses 1 fight will start .”

 

Rayne looks at them with a smirk in his face and says .

 

“Well then I'm sure we are gonna be the 

first one to  enter the 1 verses 1 fight .”

 

Both and Jade and Lily starts smiling . They goes to the arena where they entered the underground path . Only students who are entering the tournament will be allowed to go through the underground path . In there male and female students will be separated as they both have their own locker rooms . So Lily takes leave by saying goodluck to both Jade and Rayne .

 

As for the audience they will enter the arena through the main door and sit on their respective seats . But the seats aren't enough as there are more audience than the seats . Even some people from the different regions of the kingdom have came to watch the tournament . As the tournament only happens every 10 years , it is normal . Some people have even climbed up the walls of the arena to watch .

 

[In the male locker room]

 

“What is the point of us being in a locker room ? We're not gonna change our clothes or anything…..”

 

As Jade says this to Rayne a guard comes in with two teachers . The teacher starts speaking .

 

“Students please stand in a line and come one by one , we are gonna check if any one of you are carrying something that you shouldn't . And if you are I'm sad to say this but you will be disqualified from this tournament .”

 

Rayne goes near Jade and says . 

 

“Hey so what's all this about ?”

 

“Well you know some students carry pills and potions with them so that they can get an upper hand in the battle , maybe this is for those cheaters . We may have one or more weapons but we are not allowed to severely injure our opponents , even though there is a defensive Mana array around the arena which stops anyone from harming others after a specific limit , but still this is important .”

 

“Hmm”

 

Rayne says as he starts thinking .

 

“Potions huh ? Maybe when it's over I can ask master to teach me alchemy . It will be helpful for me .”

 

Soon the checking gets done and 7 male students have already disqualified . As it get completed everyone gets out of the underground locker to go inside the arena . Rayne and Jade goes out and looks at everywhere .

 

A huge crystal is floating in midair over the arena on where there are 5 virtual screens showing the students who are coming out . Rayne shows Jade that they are also on the screen . Every inch of the arena is filled with audiences . There is a fighting ring in the middle of the arena . Every student is standing around it forming a circle . 

 

“That is where the 1 verses 1 battles are gonna take place .”

 

Rayne thinks as a feint voice is calling his name . Lily is running towards them .

 

“Sheesh I've been calling you all this time , at least answer .”

 

“Ohh sorry I didn't noticed .”

 

Lily makes a pouty face and suddenly a voice comes in from over their head .

 

All the screens are showing an old man with long beard and long grey hair . 

 

“He is our principal .”

 

Jade says .

 

“I've never seen him before .”

 

Lily says .

 

The principal starts talking . As the screens begin to show .

 

“My beloved students of Griffinstein , once again after 10 years the Griffinstein's Tournament of Novaria is going to start in just a few minutes , but before that I would like to encourage you for this tournament……”

 

Soon seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to half an hour , but the principal still goes on with his speech . Everyone of the audience are bored as their faces show it completely , but they are not the only one as students are bored as well . Suddenly another teacher comes near the principal and says something in his ear .

 

“Ahem…..I'm really sorry to keep you all waiting , right now……. Griffinstein's Tournament of Novaria......begins .”

 

With a huge applause everyone gets back their original excitement . A man with a very colorful attire and pink afro hair with big round green glasses suddenly comes standing on a cloud which makes everyone laugh . He is holding a cane on which there is a crystal ball . He gets his mouth near that and starts speaking .

 

“Wooowwwweeeee ma friends wassuuuuup!!!!!!! ”

 

Rayne , Jade and Lily look at each of their faces which is filled with nothing but disappointment and confusion .

 

“Get your as…….I......I mean your feet ready , yeah….…the first thing first lemme say who I am , guys and gals , I'm your beloved Mr.Refri , yeah yeah girls calm down I know your hearts are pumping as you see ma handsome and sexy face but keep it together .”

 

“Who the fuck will get their heart pumping by seeing your ugly ass face ?”

 

“You fuckin idiot stop shitting around and start the tournament .”

 

“Hey asshole why not start the tourney ? You can try your shitty flirting skills later .”

 

Many students and people from the audience starts shouting .

 

“Ahem ahem yeah yeah here we go . At first why not let me say the total number of this year's participants , drum roll please….”

 

No drum roll happens .

 

“Ahem let's forget that ever happened , anyway this year the total of 126 students are participating in the tournament . But as you all know we don't have much time in our hands so there's gonna be something else at first .”

 

As soon as he stops many circular glowing gates appear around the ring .

 

“These are portals , they are located to different areas of Forest of Long Pear , each are the entrance points , each of the participants may enter one , they will be teleported to that specific area in the forest . But now now there comes the challange , these areas are filled with beasts . So be careful , you may even have to fight them . You may even come face to face with the infamous Ravager .”

 

Suddenly a picture of a Ravager is shown on the screens .

 

“But that isn't enough at all , no no no no no that will be way to easy . There's a catch , only 32 of you will be able to enter the 1 verses 1 battle .….”

 

Many students starts booing 

 

“Our teachers will be waiting on east side of the forest , that is the exit point , just near the Pomogra Hill . But you have to find the way through the forest , fighting those beasts . But only those 32 students who will be able to come out from the forest first will enter the main fight .”

 

Every student looks at each other as well as talking , some makes groups some are bragging how they will do it by themselves . But Rayne and his friends knew , even though they say the forest is dangerous , to them it was a playground when they were young .

 

“Very well then without wasting any time , let's rock those legs and start…..the……touuuyrrrnaaaameeennt .”

 

A huge siren blows as everyone starts running . Rayne , Jade and Lily walks toward a portal and goes in and soon they reach the familiar place in which they spent most of their childhood .

 

After some time the portal closes . Many students are standing along with Rayne and his friends . 

 

“Man we have to be careful .”

 

“Sheesh what kind of crappy selection process is this ?”

 

“I've never been in this forest , how would I know which way is the east ?”

 

Students begin to chatter as Rayne looks at Lily and Jade .

 

“Well we should get going .”

 

He says .

 

“Yup .”

 

“Let's go .”

 

They start walking , for those three this forest is as known as their own back alley . It isn't hard for them to go through it . They run through the forest easily . But it isn't as easy for the other students . Many students start walking but many doesn't even want to go through the forest anymore . Some students start fighting the beasts cautiously . As they have never fought them before . But Rayne and his friends run through the forest killing any beast that comes in front of them . 

 

“We are almost there .”

 

Rayne says to his friends .

 

“Man it seems no fun anymore .”

 

Jade says .

 

“Well that means we've gotten stronger . That's good .”

 

Lily says .

 

Those three have gotten slower as they are almost at the exit point . But suddenly a rustling sound comes .

 

“Maybe it's another wolf ?”

 

Jade says .

 

“No .”

 

As soon as Rayne says some students come out of the bushes .

 

“Henhenhenhen wait right there .”

 

One of the students says , he looks like he is a Gold rank . 4 more students are right behind him .

 

“Sorry guys but we are gonna go first . Maybe in another 10 years you can try again .”

 

“Hey isn't he the guy who is a void even at this age ?”

 

“Ohh really , what the hehehe , he looks like an idiot too .”

 

“Buf isn't that Jade with them ? And......and that's , oh my that's goddess Liliana .”

 

Everyone looks at Jade and Lily . The first guy comes closer .

 

“Boss Jade why not join us ? We'll beat the crap out of the cripple .”

 

Suddenly Lily's face becomes filled with annoyance . The guy comes closer to Lily .

 

“Miss Liliana come…..come with us why stay with this ass…”

 

The guy goes and touches Lily's hand , but in Just a second Lily punches the guy in the face with her skill .

 

“Boom”

 

The guy thrown away with the impact of the skill getting fainted by just one skill .

 

“Don't touch me .”

 

Lily says with a killing intent .

 

“Woahh….you little bitch how dare you hit our boss ? Guys attac…..”

 

Without letting them finish Rayne suddenly changes his form and uses his skill .

 

“Shadow bound .”

 

Shadow flames cover everyone of them , creating a huge ball of flames around them .

 

“Hey at least leave one for me .”

 

Jade says .

 

“Whatever they're done .”

 

Rayne says as they start walking towards the exit point . Those guys from before faint in an instant .

 

In just 5 minutes of walking they reach the exit point , and soon they gets out of the forest . Three teachers are standing there . ready to congratulate them .

 

In the arena the screens show Rayne and his friends . As Mr.Refri says .

 

“And here is our first 3 out of 32 contestants coming just out of the forest . Let us welcome , the living genius of his age and one and only from the storm family , none other than Jade Storm . Next from the family of the best alcamist yes you heard that right , from the myrtle family , the young mistress , goddess to almost all the male students of Griffinstein , the one and only Liliana Myrtle . And last but not the least , the soul crippled boy who is still a genius , why you may ask and I'll say why not , the youngest emperor in the history of Novaria , the bookworm who is still one of the best , Rayne Silver .”

 

 

6