Chapter-20 Battle Too Soon
68 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many battles went on , some students won , some students lost , some even forfeited , some went to the toilet but never came back , they say they are still in the toilet looking for toilet paper .

Rayne and his friends are sitting , looking at the fight which is going on right now , each of them have won another one battle after their first one , quite easily .

A girl called Rita Triss is fighting a guy called Lang Fei , Rita is standing still holding her huge hammer while Lang is decreasing the gap between them by moving towards her slowly with his two daggers . Rita suddenly rushes towards him and smashes the ground .

“Boom”

The impact made Lang stutter and looking at that Rita jumps and falls right behind him , Lang realizes that but before he could do anything Rita hits him with her hammer .

“Boom”

Lang gets thrown away , but Rita doesn't notice that Lang received the hit on purpose , as Lang doesn't fall out of the ring , rather he throws his right dagger towards her , Rita sees that and deflects it but Lang uses a skill which made him swap his position with the dagger . Lang comes back on the ground , looking at that Rita tries to rush towards him once again but the dagger from before , which was still in midair , moves around and falls right in front of Rita , she doesn't understand what happened , but Lang doesn't waste any time as he uses his skill again and suddenly there's no gap between him and Rita , she gets shocked but Lang doesn't give her any time , he slashes 3 times and on the last slash Rita's hammer falls on the ground .

People starts to shout in excitement as Mr.Refri comes and starts talking again .

“Ohh myy Gawwwd that was a long……I mean awesome fight isn't it ? But this concludes the stage 2 , which means there's only 2 more stage left , and with this there's only 8 students left for the tournament . Man the heat is getting higher and higher . But now there's a catch , in this stage students are gonna fight from different brackets .”

The screen begins to show the pictures of the students .

“Now for the start of stage 3 the first battle will commence between……….Bracket A verses Bracket C and Bracket B verses Bracket D .”

Suddenly Rayne and Jade looks at each other and says together .

“Wait a second .”

Mr.Refri starts talking again .

“So why wait anymore let's start the first fight of stage 3……….From Bracket B Rayne Silver....”

Rayne's mouth opens up .

“And from Bracket D..........Jaaaaade Storm .”

Audience starts shouting and cheering .

“Ohh come on…”

Jade says being disappointed .

“Well what can we do , I'll have to kick your ass this early huh , I thought it'd be later honestly .”

Rayne says looking at Jade .

“Huh ? What are you talking about , it's me who'll kick your ass .”

“Yeah dream on .”

Lily grabs their shoulders and says .

“Yeah now go , people are waiting .”

She pushes both of them . They start walking with dissatisfied faces , but suddenly someone calls Jade .

“Jade…”

An old looking man with a green kimono and a huge katana walks toward them with some more people behind , it seems they are like bodyguards for that man . Jade looks at him as his expression changes . Rayne and Lily looks at him and feels uneasy as if they r not worthy to stand between him and Jade .

“Why are you here………dad ?”

“Don't question me and come with me.…”

“srry I don't have time….”

“Jade!!! You dare say that…”

“Yeah I do…….don't say it like I don't say it at home either .”

“Jade……don't forget you're talking to your father….. ”

He says glaring at Jade with an angry face .

“Then don't make me forget that .”

Jade's dad clenches his fists as Jade tells Rayne to go .

“Remember……you have to win this tournament no matter what .”

Jade's dad says and walks away .

Jade and Rayne finally stands on the ring facing each other .

“So you ready ?”

“Hell yeah I am .”

Mr.Refri comes and starts talking once again .

“Ohh my my , those gleaming eyes of our contestants are surely something to be hyped of , but we all know why we are here right ? Then without wasting any more time , Let's…..start…..the fiiiiighhtttt!!!!!”

As soon as he says that Jade leaps towards Rayne with his katana ready to slice him up , but Rayne isn't standing either he changes his form and blends in the air , Jade stops and suddenly a huge ball of dark flames comes right behind him , Jade senses it and slashes in 180° angle , the ball gets cut in half but blasts anyway , but Jade is totally unharmed . As the cloud of black flames formed by the blast goes out Jade smiles .

“You have to do better than that you know .”

“Ohh I know….”

Rayne's voice comes from behind , which makes Jade startled . He looks behind , but Rayne is holding a huge ball of Mana right before Jade's face .

“Aura Grenade .”

“Boom”

Jade gets thrown away by the impact , but just before he was going to get out of the ring he shoves his katana on the ground , the ground get uplifted but Jade stops .

“That got me gotta say .”

Jade says .

“But now it's my turn to attack .”

Purple aura begins to come out of Jade's body as he points his blade towards Rayne , he grabs the blade with both hands . Rayne notices that .

“Huh ? He never grabbed his blade before with both of his hand……”

As he thinks another voice speaks .

“Yes you are right .”

Artorius is floating behind Rayne .

“What the ? When did you wake up ?”

“Just now , but look at that boy he's about to attack .”

Rayne looks at him but Jade is now midair right before Rayne . He gets shocked as Jade slashes 8 times in just a second , but all the slashes goes through Rayne as he is using his skill .

“Ethereal Form EX”

Suddenly Rayne becomes invisible , but without being confused Jade stands still . A huge surge of air begins to form around him as his blade gets covered in air . He hold his katana upside down and shoves his blade on the ground .

“Mana Hurricane”

A huge hurricane of Mana suddenly forms around Jade and it scatters everywhere on the . Suddenly on left side of the ring from
Where Jade was standing , Rayne can be seen , his black flames gets flown away by the hurricane , Jade looks at him and without wasting any time he uses his skill .

“Cloud Splitter”

A huge slash of Mana goes towards Rayne , Rayne tries to stop it with his blade but the force is way stronger . Rayne couldn't hold it and falls on the ground but in just a moment he stands up , but Jade sees that and appears right before him in a second , Jade without wasting any time begins to slash Rayne in an unwatchable speed . Rayne blocked some of them but they were very fast .

“Thaaangg thoong thaaang thoong…..”

“Crap he is way to faster , I have to use it .”

“Eye Of The Night”

Things start to slow down , but not Jade his attacks are still quite fast , but Rayne takes his chance and jumps backward . Jade stops and looks at him with a grin on his face as if he knew this was going to happen . He rushes towards Rayne once again but this time suddenly his katana has a blue glow on it .

“Blade of the Night wolf”

He says and jumps , he slashes downwards but Rayne dodges it , Jade doesn't stop as he starts to swing his katana in every angle possible , but Rayne dodges them , but suddenly Rayne looks at Jade's face , he is smiling , Rayne doesn't understand what is happening but it didn't take him long to get it , Jade's attackes are gaining speed , after every attack his speed is increasing with a drastic change , even with Rayne's Eye Of The Night Jade hits with astounding speed . Soon Rayne couldn't block any of Jade's attacks , his attacks are so fast that the impact from the slash is creating a small tornado right where they are fighting .

[Less than 50% HP left]

“Crap what the , no no no no but I can't even block what should…..”

[Less than 30% HP left]

[Less than 20% HP left]

[Less than 10% HP left]

“Crap…….just how can he attack with that speed ?……”

Suddenly Artorius says something .

“Boy I think you're gonna lose…….your skill's backlash is taking it's effect…”

“Wait what….Agghhhh”

Blood begins to come out from Rayne's eye as a huge pain goes through his eye .

“Aaaaggghhhh…..what the it hurts….ahhhhhhh…..but I can't stop it……I.....won't.....loooooossee….”

Rayne shouts as suddenly a new notification pops before him .

[Skill - Eye Of The Night can be ascended , it will cost 90% of your remaining HP , are you willing ?]

Looking at that Rayne doesn't think anything as he shouts.…

“Yes!!!!”

A bright purple light comes out of Rayne's eye , way brighter than the Eye Of The Night , in the tornado formed by Jade's attacks the bright light can even be seen by the audience . As soon as jade looks at Rayne's eye his face turns pale as if he's seen a ghost , but suddenly the light's intensity increases even further and within just a blink Jade appears in a totally dark place , he looks around but finds nothing except two glowing purple eyes , eyes so vicious that it's undescribable , he looks at them but couldn't move , fear strikes him , soon the eyes comes even closer to him and in just a moment a huge figure forms right before him but it doesn't stay in , it comes even closer to Jade and eats him whole , Jade screams in fear and suddenly from the tornado that was made by his swings he flunks across the ring , he can't move as if he is parallized and just before him is Rayne with his glowing eye . Which are looking at the notification that has popped up before him .

[Eye Of The Night ascended to Eye Of The Shadow]

5