Chapter-22 Accused
59 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rayne is looking at Lily's sleeping face , he notices something , Jade is sleeping on a bed just beside him . 

“Did I faint ?”

As Rayne thinks Artorius comes out and says .

“Yes you did .”

“Ohh….”

Rayne looks at Lily once again .

“She has been here the whole time .”

“What ?”

“You sweet on this girl don't you ?”

Rayne's face turns red as he lowers his head .

“Hehehe…….she likes you too , you should say something…….before it's too late…..”

Artorius's face fills with sadness as if he remembered some awful memories from his past . He goes back to the pendant .

Rayne looks at Lily with a smile and tries to move his hand but it wakes Lily up .

“ummm…”

Lily rubs her eyes with her left hand , she looks at Rayne's smiling face and then looks at her right hand which is resting on Rayne's , just after seeing that her face turns beet red and she moves her hand in a flash .

“Why are you here ?”

Rayne asks .

“Well both of you fainted , someone has to be here .”

“You didn't go home ?”

“No…….not like anyone cares anyway .”

Lily says with a ,soft tone .

“What do you mean……you should go home……..I'm fine now .”

Rayne says with a smile . Lily looks at Rayne's face for a moment and then stands up .

“I'll be leaving then……”

She moves around and goes for the exit .

“Thanks….”

Rayne says , Lily smiles but doesn't look at him .

She was going out but she couldn't , 2 teacher along with Baart and 2 guards entered the room . Both Lily and Rayne looks at them . 

“Rayne Silver.......you are ordered to come to the principal's office this instant .”

“Wha….what happened ?”

Rayne asks .

“Shut up……you don't deserve to talk after what you did .”

Baart shouts .

Rayne doesn't understand anything .

“What do you mean ?”

Lily asks .

“Miss Myrtle , it's best for you not to interfere in this matter .”

Baart says again .

“I think we do have the right to know sir .”

Suddenly Jade sits up on his bed and says . He looks at Rayne's confused face once and again looks at Baart .

“Mr.Storm your family won't be pleased to know that you are with this filthy thief .”

Everyone is surprised from what they just heard .

“First of all , I don't give a crap bout what my family thinks of me , and second……what do you mean by thief ?”

Baart suddenly has a grin on his face .

“Mr.Silver stole one of great artifacts from the treasury , more specifically the artifact that should be given to the winner of the tournament .”

Everyone looks at Rayne who is in a lose of word , he is looking at Baart with trembling eyes .

“What……”

He says .

“Don't act like that you thief , come with us , right now!!!”

“But…..but I didn't…..”

“Shut up!!!!!”

Baart shouts .

“Guards…..”

Baart points at Rayne as he is looking downwards . But before the guard could even come towards him Lily stops them.

“No….wait , there must be a misunderstanding , I was with him the whole time……”

“Ms.Myrtle we have proof , it will be best if you don't interfere .”

“What proof is that ?”

Jade asks .

“We found the artifact in his room .”

Everyone is silent as they are looking at Rayne's bowed head .

“Rayne…..”

Jade says softly……

“I didn't…..”

Rayne says .

“Shut up you…..”

Baart says while approaching him , but Liliana stands before him as well .

“No….there must be a misunderstanding it can…….”

“It's okay Lily , I'll go .”

Rayne says as he comes down from his bed and walks towards Baart , they go out of the room leaving Lily and Jade .

“He didn't…..”

As Lily says with teary eyes .

“No , he wouldn't .”

Jade says while coming down from the bed . He holds Lily's shoulder .

“I think we should go……he doesn't have anyone who knows him better than us right now .”

Lily looks at Jade and nods . Both of them goes out to the room .

[At Principal's Office]

Rayne just entered the room , the atmosphere is very heavy , the principal is sitting on his chair as 2 other people who Rayne doesn't recognize are standing right behind him .

“Rayne Silver , I think you already have a small explanation of why you are summoned here .”

The principal says .

“I didn't steal any…..”

Without letting Rayne finish Baart shouts .

“Shut up thief!!!”

“Baart!!!”

The principal shouts as well .

“Don't shout when I'm talking…….and why are you here ? Even though the treasury is located in the Hall Of Novera , it completely belongs to Griffinstein's . I don't see any explanation of why you are here right now .”

“But….”

“I don't want you in my office right now……so you may leave .”

“Grrr…….Very well”

Baart leaves the office as the principal looks at the guards .

“Well ? I think you have other duties right ?”

“Yes sir….”

Both of the guards screams together and goes out of the room .

“Now…Mr.Silver why did you do it ?”

“I didn't , I'm saying it loud and clear , I didn't .”

“But we do have proof Mr.Silver . Today at dawn when the treasury was opened after almost a week , the artifact was gone . A search team was made to find it , we didn't really think of searching the dorm or more specifically your room…..”

He brings out a small globe with a clock on it .

“Until we found this .”

“What….is this ?”

“The proof that you stole the artifact .”

He taps on the clock on the globe .

“This is a Time Reviewable Globe , this was inside the treasury as a safty measure .”

“I…..I don't understand…”

“Well then you should see this…..”

As he says that he taps on the globe for sometime and soon the globe opens up in 4 parts as the small clock begins to move , it stops and a small virtual room comes over the globe , soon the room's door opens , a virtual Rayne goes inside and takes a small box and goes out of there .

Rayne's eyes are filled with confusion .

“Tha…….that can't be……I.....I didn't….”

“This proves that you're lying Mr.Silver .”

The principal stands up and goes behind his chair , Rayne's face is towards his back now .

“I don't know why you did this……..but it's a shame a raw talent like you would do such a shameful act .”

“I'm telling the truth I didn't…..”

The principal doesn't let him finish .

“Don't sink any lower than this , it's the proof that you…….….stole it . This act can not go around so easily . Rayne Silver from today you're no longer a student of Griffinstein .”

This made Rayne stutter , he has been accused of something that he didn't even commit , his eyes are lifeless .

“Pack your things from the dorm and go out from the school , in future you won't be able to join Griffinstein or any other school under Griffinstein .”

The principal turns around .

“Rayne…….I dunno why you did this…….but still…….stay safe , you're a raw talent that's hard to come by , it's a shame…… , but it's the rule . Sigh , you're dismissed .”

Rayne turns around and goes for the door .

“Rayne…….I suggest you to go away from the capital , The Hall Of Novera is not under me even if I own the treasury , if somehow this news goes to the king , you might not have a chance to join any academy in the future , Baar.......The Hall Of Novera isn't fond of you either , it's best for you to not show your face to them anymore . ”

Rayne nods and goes out of the room , right after opening the door he finds Lily and Jade standing right there . He looks at them but soon lowers his head as he walks past them .

“Rayne…..”

Lily says with a low voice as he stops .

“Wait…..”

Jade says .

“If you guys wanna say something you can , I know you are feeling what kind of shitty person I am and all , and if you really think I stole it , I don't blame you guys , after all even I myself now think I did it , even though I know that I never did it……heh never thought this…..”

Jade comes before him as Rayne looks at him , Jade punches him in the face .

“THUD!!!”

“You fucking idiot……..what do you think we are ?”

Rayne looks at him holding his jaw .

“In this world there is no one who knows you better than us , and you think we'll just forget everything and believe what ever a guy says ? If you think of us this lowly then don't even call us friends .”

Rayne couldn't even speak up .

“Jade's right .”

Lily says .

“We know you didn't steal anything . We believe in you………Rayne.....”

Lily comes closer to him and grabs his shoulder .

Rayne never before thought of this , but for the first time , he thinks he has friends , he has a family , who believe in him . He smiles and looks at Jade .

“Thanks guys . ”

Everyone smiles but soon the smile fades .

“So……What will you do ?”

Jade asks .

“I…………I dunno .”

“Well whatever you do count me in .”

“And me too .”

Lily says .

“Are you guys out of your mind ? Don't act like idiots….…”

“We're not , we're acting like friends .”

Lily says while smiling .

“No…..this is my problem , it's my burden to bear , I can't let you guys…….”

Jade stops him as he stepped forward and grabs his collar .

“If you think I'm gonna let you go alone then you're thinking very wrong , I'm going with you .”

“No it'll just give you more problems I can't……”

“And we can't see you being all alone in this trouble .”

Lily says .

“No matter what…..we're gonna help you , because we are friend , you told me remember…….we are all friends……..and if we friends don't help each other in our troubles then who will ? ”

“G….guys………Thanks guys , thank you very much for trusting me .”

5