Chapter-23 A New Friend
73 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place - Griffinstein Male Dorm , Rayne's room , Time - 11:34 AM]

Rayne is picking up his things and putting them into his bag , Lily is helping him as Jade is standing at the door with his arms one over another .

“Did you even think what you're gonna do ?”

Jade asks giving Rayne a sharp eye .

Rayne and Lily stop packing , they both turns around as Lily sits on the bed , looking at rayne . Rayne's eyes are looking at his feet .

“I didn't think of anything yet…….I guess I'm just gonna go home for now .”

Jade gives a huge sigh as he walks towards Rayne , he stands right before him .

“You're leaving the capital after all .”

Lily's face gets filled with sadness as she looks away .

“Yeah…..”

Silence covers the whole room as Rayne says that .

“If you don't graduate from an academy then you can't be a Spirit user , being adventurer is okay but………if you can't become a Spirit user the world will not even know of you're existence .”

“Hmm……”

“Thought so…..”

Jade sighs .

“Almost 80% of the schools in Setria are under Griffinstein .”

Lily says with a sad expression .

“Mind if I come in ?”

A voice comes from the door which forces them to look at it . The familiar face of Jojo Karage is standing at the door .

“Huh ? Hey you're that guy from the tournament .”

Jade says pointing at him with a surprised look .

“Ahh you remember me Jade.......”

“Ahhhhhh…”

 

Rayne's mouth is opened as never before any other person except Jade or Lily have came to his room , even though he spent more than 5 years in this school he never had any friends , everyone used to mock him as of his void rank but he never gave them a piece of his mind . He knew he is way stronger than them with his black flames but all of those students are from well known families , he never wanted to go to their bad side .

But this doesn't mean he was bullied all this time , as no one dared to challange him head on as they knew about his black flames as well and also because Jade and Lily were his friends , no one wanted to go to their bad side as they are two of the strongest and most genius students of Griffinstein. 

“Ohh I am sorry……. it's just…….I came to know about your problem .”

“Wait wait wait , how can you talk in English ?”

“Ohh about that , it's my first toung , actually it's our clan's rule to talk like that when we are fighting or training until the age of 16 , it's like a pledge for us new members of our clan , it's one of the 16 rules along with some minor ones like eating alone and no talking while eating , but I don't wanna bore you with those .”

Everyone looks at each other for sometime and begins to smile .

“Ummm so why are you here ?”

Rayne asks .

“Ohh yes , uhhhh……I saw you when you were taken to the principle , you guys were talking outside the office so I kind of listened to what happened .”

Everyone's face turns blank , Jojo notices that .

“I know you didn't steal it .”

This shocks everyone , but the most shocked one in there is none other than Rayne himself . As soon as Jojo says that he looks at him and walks towards him .

“Wh….What did you just say ? Yo……you know , but……”

Jojo grabs his shoulder .

“Calm down……”

Rayne calms himself and looks at him with a little gleam of Hope in his eyes .

“My uncle works in the "Hall" and he came to our house last night . He rarely visits us but it seemed he was scared , you see he is really scared of ghosts and all which isn't that important but he said something to my dad which I think you should know….”

“What……”

“Yesterday he forgot his keys of his house at his office , so he went back to look for them . Right when he reached the "Hall" he saw three people wearing black cloak were standing right across the street , he didn't mind them and went to take his keys , but when he came out of the hall someone grabbed his shoulder and when he moved around to look who was it he actually collapsed , he said he saw something horrible , someone with rotting flesh and only one eye was looking at him . He was so scared that he collapsed and when he regained consciousness he rushed to our house as it's closer than his .”

“what ?”

Jade shouts .

“It's true . Now my guess is….”

“That certain someone…….or some people stole it…….”

Lily stands up and says with a bold voice .

“Yes…..”

As Jojo says Rayne's eyes looks down , the whole room becomes silent until he says .

“But that makes no sense , this is something that the "Hall" should know right ?”

He says looking at Lily .

“Ye….yeah , and they still just blamed it on him .”

“That's the point…..”

Jojo starts speaking again. 

“My uncle did tell them this , but it seems they just don't believe him .”

Rayne looks at Jojo for a moment and then lowers his head once again .

“No there's more…….there was a globe that showed I went to the room and took the artifact .”

“It's not like it can't be messed with…..”

Everyone looks at Jojo as this fact never went through their head . Rayne walks towards him .

“Wait…….you mean……someone……deliberately did this…..to……to get me out of this school ?”

“Not just the school but also from the capital .”

Rage strikes Rayne as he clenches his fists .

“These son of a……..”

Lily goes towards him and calms him down .

“What did I do to deserve this ?”

“Not you……your mom……remember Astor ? Your mom cut off his hand , he wasn't here but he just came back after 5 years , he isn't just an elite now…..he is one of the generals .”

“That son of biii…..”

“Rayne!!!! Calm down…..”

Listening to Lily he didn't break the vase on the table .

“But there's no point……..even if this proves to us that some guy from the Order is just taking revenge on him , the academy won't believe this .”

Jade who was standing still listening to everything till now finally starts talking .

“They practically destroyed his carrier as a Spirit user . As far as I can see the academys which does not fall under Griffinstein isn't even cut out to be national , and even if he does graduate from them he won't receive any help from the kingdom as they don't fall under the control of the king…….”

Jade stops as he is shocked .

“Wait…….only schools which are under the "Hall" gets help , and the king helps those which are under him……..and most of the academys are under Griffinstein in which he can't join……..”

Jade looks at Rayne .

“They did this on purpose .”

Rayne is completely shocked , in his mind he has no idea why this is happening to him .

“That's not entirely true………”

Jojo says .

Jade looks at him .

“What ?”

“Ever heard of "Raid's" ?”

Everyone looks at each other once again .

“No….”

Rayne says 

“Yeah thought so….. it's not that well known , It's an academy on "Dukestall" North west from here . It's an academy that………. isn't normal you see .”

“What do you mean…….not normal .”

“Well it isn't actually falls under either Griffinstein or the "Hall" but still it gets donations from the king .”

“What ? But why ?”

“Well I dunno bout that actually , it's just that……..not many Spirit users come out of that academy .”

Jade sighs .

“Then what's the point……”

“The point is , it's not because the Spirit users are not cut out to be nationals……. it's because almost no students actually graduates from the academy .”

“Wait wait wait , then why would anyone try to join it ?”

“Because those students who have graduated from there are all Well known Spirit users .”

“Well known ?”

Lily asks 

“Yes , Krey Bright , Rey Stain , Stella Frey , all of them have graduated from that academy .”

“What!!! Krey Bright ? You mean the lone wolf Krey Bright ? But but…….man I wanted to meet him my entire life .”

Jade asks as his whole face is filled with excitement .

“Yeah actually…..but there's a catch , They only accept those who have mastered Ruby Soulrank or more than that…..”

“Ruby Soulrank....... which means only geniuses……no wonder……”

While Lily is thinking a new thought goes through her mind , she looks at Rayne and finds she isn't the only one who is looking at him as Jade is also looking at him .

“Only ruby……….wait………I'm a void!!!!!!!”

Rayne screams pointing at his face .

“I can never join the academy!!!!!”

“Well honestly you do have a chance…….”

“But you just said…..”

“Ummmm lemme finish at first , you see there was one guy who wasn't Ruby ranked but still got admitted .”

“Wh…..who ?”

“The Jack Frost.......the emperor of the Frostbite Flames .”

“An emperor…….like me…..”

Lily looks at Jojo and starts talking

“Jack Frost ? You mean Jack Throne......he got the nickname Jack Frost because of his viscous Frostbite Flames.......they say his flames freezes even the bone marrow of his opponents in less than a second…..he graduated from there ?”

“Yeah……”

Smiles form on each of their faces except Jade's , his face shows concern as he walks towards Rayne and grabs his shoulder , Rayne looks at him as Jade tells him to wait with the sign of his eyes .

“And why do you know this ? Why are you even helping us ?”

He asks boldly , listening to him Rayne's and Lily's face turns towards Jojo with suspicion .

“Heh….well I know this because Jack is my uncle .”

Both Rayne's and Jade's mouth opens up so much as if their jaws are gonna hit the floor , even Lily who was stunned got scared by looking at them .

“WHAT!!!!!”

Both of them shouts .

“But….but you are Karage......then ?”

Jade asks .

“He is from my mom's side actually .”

Both of them looks at each other .

“And as for why I want to help you……. because….. ”

“What ?”

Jade asks .

"Because...... because....."

His face turns red as he brings his hands near his chest .

“Because…….because……I"

"What is it ?" 

Jade asks being annoyed .

"It's because I want you to notice me Jade senpai!!!!!!”

Their mouth opens up once again .

“WHAT!!!!”

Jojo jumps on Jade as he begins to rub his face on Jade's chest .

“Jade senpai , from first time I saw you I can't stop thinking bout you , you're so strong , so handsome , so charming , yes you're my charming prince from my dreams , yes senpai you always come to my dreams , you always come , you hug me and push me to the bed and then……and then……”

Jade couldn't listen anymore as he shouts .

“Don't you dare finish that sentence you fucking ga……”

He tried to push him , he touched his chest but something happened that he never thought would happen , when he first touched his chest he felt something soft….he didn't understands it and pushes him away which causes one of the cords on Jojo's Japanese looking outfit too open up .

Jojo falls on the bed , the area around his chest is opened as something else that Jade and the others didn't expect comes out .

“Ohhh Jade senpai……you should have waited until they went out , this is embarrassing……..”

Jojo says as a portion of her bra is visible from her chest , Lily quickly covers Rayne's eyes who was vigorously looking at it , Jade who isn't so lucky takes sometime to understand what just happened , he looks at his hands then looks at Jojo once again , a huge amount of blood comes out of his nostrils as he passes out on the floor .

4