Chapter-29 New Quest
37 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the three of them spoke to each other time went by , soon Rayne could once again walk but many questions goes through their mind , what was that unnamed monster , where did it came from as they came to know even the villagers have never seen anything like it , more over how did Rayne kill it , there were many things that were unanswered . Even though this was the case some good things has also happened , the village elder personally asked Rayne and his friends to go see her , apearently the village depends on the woods as they forage medicinal herbs and mushrooms from there , even though their foraging isn't going very great these days , the monster which Rayne and his friends killed might have hurt the villagers in future if not now , by killing it Rayne and his friends are like heroes to the village .

It's been three days since Rayne and his friends have came here , and today's the day when they are all called at the quarter of the elder . 

Rayne is in his room waring the same kind of kimono that Lily and Jade were waring , apparently that is given to the guests of the village when they stay at the inn , and yeah the place Rayne and his friends are staying is the inn , but from the morning something isn't right…….

“Nooooooooooo!!!!!”

Rayne screams from his room .

“Just how the fuck did this happen!!!!!!”

Rayne screams as his pendant in where his master was staying is in his hands , it's cracked as the heart shaped gem in the middle is cracked open . He takes the pendant near his ears , looks even closely and even sniffs it .

“Ohh crap is he dead ? Well he was dead but did he die again ? I can't sense his Mana either…… ”

Sweats drops from Rayne's face as he knows he is in deep trouble .

“No wonder I didn't see him this many days , the pendant might have been broken since the tournament……what should I do , what should I do , what should I do , what should I do…….I have to find a way to bring him back , but I can't tell anyone about him either , I doubt Lily and Jade would be any help at this situation…….”

Rayne is sitting on the bed holding the cracked pendant in his hand while making a face which can only be seen on a human who knows he had done something horrible….

(-_-;)・・・

“I can't think of anything………”

Outside his room three men are talking while chewing on some snacks .

“Msn the day is so fine , on a day like this I just feel like resting all day long….nom nom nom nom……”

“Ye…ye…yeah hehehehe you're right , the bright and warm sun is smiling upon us hahahahahaha……..nom nom nom nom…….”

“Huh soooo great I'd hit the outdoor bath today what about you guys ?…….nom nom nom……..”

Another man comes and joins them .

“Heeeeeey how are you guys ?”

“Ohh we're fine how bout you ?”

“Yeah same….”

“Here take some Hipokte Lizard's tails , man their tasty when fried properly , my mom used to say……”

As soon as the word lizard went into Rayne's ears his eyes opens up .

(☉。☉)!

“LIZAAARRRDDD!!!!!!”

He screams once again .

“I can only ask him now….…”

Rayne sits on the bed crossing his legs on top of one another while both of his hands are around his abdomen touching each other .

“OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM…….OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM......OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......”

He begins to hum .

“According to master this is the fastest way to reach my SoulSea for now , if not I can't reach it unless I'm knocked out , thanks master don't worry I'm not gonna let you die twice………..”

He thinks .

Suddenly from outside Jade bolts into the room .

“Yo Rayne you ready to gooo……….”

ರ_ರ

Rayne is still in his position and humming .

“Ahhhhh…….what……..”

From the other side Lily also comes towards Rayne's room .

“Ohh Jade....you are ready roght ?”

“I am buuuuuuuttt……”

“Huh ? What happened ? And what's Rayne doooo…….”

As soon as her eyes falls on Rayne's weird posture she stops .

ತ_ತ

“Ahhhhh….”

“Yeah….I dunno……”

Both of them look at each other and then Rayne with confused faces . 

Slowly Rayne's humming stops as the room gets silent , the song of the birds can be heard from as well as the sound of some cicadas , those men aren't there anymore as the whole inn goes silent . Jade suddenly  starts walking towards Rayne , he soon reach him and notices Rayne is actually sleeping while sitting like that .

Slowly Rayne opens his eyes in his SoulSea , but he sees something that he didn't expect . The whole place is messed up there are cracks above and under Rayne , while in some places black flames are burning .

“You!!!! You little……look what you did to my home!!!!!”

Rayne looks at Bahamut who is trying to extinguish the small amount of black flames behind him .

“Just what is wrong with you ? You want to kill yourself or what ?”

Bahamut shouts .

Rayne suddenly has a smug on his face .

“Hehe you do care for me don't…..”

“I don't you fuckin idiotic brat , if you die I'll lose my home!!!!”

Bahamut shouts again .

“Huh…..my tail almost got burned , just what the heck were you doing ?”

“I don't know .”

“Not even a little regret!!! ”

Bahamut shouts .

“Hey I didn't even knew I can do that okay what do you expect ?”

“What do I expect ? I expect apologies you hear ?”

“Forget bout it .”

“Not even a little respect!!!!”

He shouts once again .

“Anyway I really need your help with something .”

Rayne's face changes to a sad one as he says that .

“Well then forget bout that you…..”

“I need to save master .”

Bahamut who was clearly going to reject stops as he says that .

“What happened to him ?”

Rayne shows him the broken pendant .

“He was in this pendant , but in a fight it broke , I was dumb enough to not even notice it….”

“And what makes you think that I will help you with saving Artorius ?”

“Nothing……”

Bahamut's mouth is opened .

“I don't know if you will help me or not , if you do…….that would be great , but if you don't..........I'll find someone who can……because in the small amount of time I've spent with him , he had also become my family…… ”

He looks up towards Bahamut .

“Just like you .”

He smiles .

Bahamut looks at him with opened wide eyes for a moment , then coughs .

“Okay okay sheesh……..what actually happened ?”

Rayne smiles as he thinks .

“Hahahaha who thought a dragon will be so emotional…..”

“He was bound to this pendant but…..”

He starts talking as he shows his pendant again .

“It's broken and I can't sense him inside anymore .”

“That's because he isn't in there anymore…..”

Bahamut says in his heavy rough voice as Rayne looks at him with wide eyes .

“What do you…..”

“I mean he is not in that pendant anymore , all there is just his reserve Mana .”

“So I can't bring him back anymore….”

Rayne's eyes goes down looking at his feet .

“That's not true .”

Bahamut says as Rayne looks at him .

“Wa….what ?”

“He was in there that means the reserve Mana also has his Mana signature , which means if we can pour a certain amount of Mana in while changing the bound item , he can be brought back .”

“Then , then how do I do it ?”

“It's not that simple , we can't just bound his Mana to another thing that's impossible , but we can channel his reserve Mana through a Tamashii Bridge .”

“Tama….”

“For now put the pendant on the floor , that reserve Mana is leaking , I have to stop the leak .”

Rayne does just that as Bahamut puts his left frontal leg near the pendant , there are 4 claws in there but it looks like his hand has 5 fingers , Rayne notices that but his attention changes soon , a while light comes out of one of Bahamut's claws as it goes through the floor in snake like manner under the wet surface , it soon come towards the pendant as it creates a ball of light around it , the ball begins to hover upwards and soon stops as the light stops too , the pendant was going to fall but Rayne catches it .

“That will stop the leak for now but not for long……”

As Bahamut says Rayne nods .

“Uh….hmmm…”

“You need to find 3 Tamashii crystals , only with that I can create the bridge and transfer his Mana to a new item , and make sure you get a new item too .”

“Okay….but where can I find these…..crystals….”

“Why are you asking me , I haven't gone out in years , well whatever you do remember you don't have much time of you wanna save him .”

Rayne's eyes gleam up as his eyes are straight serious .

“Yeah , I know , and whatever happens , I will bring him back .”

Rayne says as in his mind he knows that this is a Quest that he must succeed .

3