-Chapter: 16 the Magic Exam
2.5k 23 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Chapter: 16


The night passed as the glittering lights under the starry sky flicker. The cool breeze caused the curtains to sway in the wind. KrisTina awoke at such an event early in the night, fixed her things, and went out leaving the two alone at the inn.They wandered around in the night until the sun slowly started to peak out from over the horizon. Birds were chirping and the lively voices of the people could be heard. KrisTina quickly returned at the inn, unnoticed by the two who were still asleep.

At the time KrisTina arrived at their room, she opened the half-closed curtains inviting the sun inside. This time, Tina left and entered the room beside theirs, Albert’s room. Just the same with their room, Tina also opened the curtains wide and woke up Albert who was still snoring loudly.

However, on Kris’s side Vivi was still fast asleep while hugging the provided sheets. Vivi’s expression didn’t change much even when Kris tried to tickle her and forcefully wake her up. It was like she didn't mind at all what Kris was doing to her. Still, Kris packed up Vivi’s things and stored them at a secure spot under the bed. With Tina’s body she called out to Albert, who was already awake and was preparing his things, to come to their room.

And so, Kris didn’t hesitate and yanked the sheets, that Vivi was hugging, off the bed. Vivi’s body was flung into the air and began falling. Vivi became awake the instant she was flung and was currently panicking as she was going to hit the hard wooden floor with a bam. Fortunately, Kris grabbed and brought Vivi, who was falling in the air until just a moment ago, into her arms as if it was nothing.

“Good morning Vivi”

“Go. Goo. Good Morning!”

“You know, if Vivi isn’t going to wake up were going to leave you here alone you know? “

“Yes! “

Vivi then reformed her back and straightened her posture while saluting at Kris. Kris grinned and pulled on Vivi's hand, guiding her over to her clothes that she removed last night. After that, Albert knocked asked if it was okay for him to enter. Kris gave confirmation and allowed Albert and Tina to enter.

After that, they talked about the things they were going to do today and had a meeting until the bell signaling that breakfast was ready could be heard just below them. The smell of breakfast quickly drifted up to the second floor that they were staying on. The smell was followed up with Vivi’s stomach grumbling and saliva leaking out of her mouth, lightly dampening her clothes.

They went down and sat at the nearest seat while asking the waitress. KrisTina ordered their favorite fried omelet potato dish while Vivi ordered a simple yet scary meal. The contents were a big lump of meat that was cooked thoroughly. With a knife, Vivi's slender arms began to quickly cut through the meat. The oil and fat gushed out from the overly delicious meat as soon as Vivi’s knife reached the center. There was also a piece of bread that was as soft as a sponge and a soup made out of mushrooms, even so, paired with the bread, meat, and the flavor of the soup, the taste further enriches as you bite more and more. Vivi, who completely satisfied, left a large bone on her plate and put her head down on the table. Albert’s food was normal, just a mushroom soup and bread. They ate peacefully while the surrounding people were also smiling at the sight of 4 children eating happily.

After that, they left the inn and began walking outside under the bright and sunny sky. They brought along extra clothes in case they began to sweat along with a heavy-looking bag which was prepared by Kris this morning and handed both of them to Albert.

“So we're going to go straight at the academy later and attend the examination, is that okay?”

“I wonder if there is delicious food there.”

“I want to fight”

Their excitement mixed with anxiety gave them a hard time while they were thinking about how hard the examination will be this morning. However, these thoughts were soon washed away as they talked with confidence.

While it was still early, they leisurely walked to the avenue where the students were supposed to go. They talked among each other until they arrived at the place, however, it was still earlier than when it was supposed to start so they wandered the campus while looking amazed.

For the entrance, the gate was made of some kind of metal that was covered in a shiny substance. The gate was colored like obsidian and light was reflected due to its shiny characteristics. Soon after that, they entered through the gate and stepped foot onto the campus.

Before they entered the campus, they were saw many other early students who seemed to be anxious while others looked confident in their abilities. The race of the students varied from half-humans and humans, but still, the human side was dominant in the populace.

They walked inside while looking at the surroundings, calmly inspecting the campus which was littered with students. Trees and benches were available nearby so they sat down and relaxed.

“Hey Kris, are you sure were registered? “

“umu, Mr. Fredrick promised me, and he was also a teacher here so it’s ok unless we ask him directly”

“If Kris says so... then can we look for him? “

“I don’t know, either way, he only mentioned that he was a teacher here so I'm not confident even if we try and find him the whole day. Even so, Vivi is also correct, we also don’t know if we are registered or not so it’s better if we asked directly”

“Good idea”

“I agree with my sister”

Shortly afterwards, they stood up once again and continued to enter the campus. The campus was covered in grass and fountains, emitting the image of peaceful scenery. Birds flocked together and bathed in the fountains while the swaying trees brought shade to the nearby benches. Kris, Tina, Vivi, and Albert rested there while recovering their stamina.

It seems that other students couldn't keep up because of the structure of the premises and were wandering around. And so, Kris alone walked ahead, leaving the two and Tina behind. The three planned to return to the meeting point while Kris alone looked for Fredrick.

The building, which was made of bricks, gave a sense of security and calmness. The path paved with marbles as white as porcelain and smooth as newly washed sheets that had dried in the sun. The elegance brought by this and the exterior soon changed as she entered deep into the building.

Gold plated furniture and Silver linings were covering the walls and the floor. Seeing this, Kris quickly returned and walked in the direction from where she entered. The figure of Fredrick was not seen and the meeting time for the registered examines was getting closer. All that was here was only overly elegant furnishings and expensive vases loitered with flowers, so Kris walked back feeling depressed.

After walking for such time, Kris was lost.

(What! I thought I entered through here but… did I enter in the wrong place?)

The time for the meeting point was just around the corner and the figure of Fredrick isn’t still found, and that she was lost inside only made it worse for her. And so, as she ran through the hallway seeking the exit using her barrier magic.

Her barrier magic, auxiliary type [Search] helped her Pinpointing the exit using her original magic, she then sprinted at full speed and rushed through the exit. Even so, her barrier could only be deployed in an area with a radius of 50 meters with her at the center. The degree of concentration needed to maintain it exceeded that of human capabilities, interweaving microscopic magic threads while maintaining their flexibility. With Kris in the middle, it slowly formed around her as a barrier meant to protect turned into something that could be stretched to grasp the location of objects and presences, allowing it to ‘search’ the surroundings easily.

Thanks to that, she found the exit in the blink of an eye and rushed there. The existence and importance of her barrier magic can’t be easily replaced due to its usefulness and ability to many uses like that was just performed here. And so, after that, she was out of the building and ran through the school grounds and directly arriving at the meeting point in time.

Still, the figure of Fredrick isn’t to be seen after running around. After all, the teachers also have their important work.

The three noticed that Kris was back and waved at her while calling for her to get closer quickly. Due to her other body which was monitoring the two, knew of their purpose but did not mention and walked beside them.

Soon after, one of the supervisors called for the examines’ and stated their names after the other.

“Hey Kris, are you sure that we were registered? “

“I'm not confident enough… but let's just have some hope”

“I wonder how the exam will be brought up? “

Everyone was sorted out in two categories, the Magician section, and the Warrior section. Shortly after, Kris’s name was mentioned, and hearing that the three were overjoyed that she was listed, soon after that, the three’s names were also mentioned.

“Viviette, Albert, Tina “

“Yes! Look, Kris! We’re called too! “

“Isn’t that nice? “

“Yes!”

“Then, Tina will go with Albert’s side at the warrior section and I’ll go with Vivi in the Magician section. Is that fine? “

“As long as I can fight strong opponents I’m good”

“Don’t worry sister; I can take care of myself”

“I can go with Kris! “

The Four regrouped themselves according to their profession then left and arriving at their respective section. The two sections left the meeting point and soon followed the four with them.

Kris and Vivi arrived at a covered stadium which was as high as it could be and the vastness gave the two of them the feeling just how small they are compared to the stadium they are at. Even though the place was covered and no light could possible come through, it was bright as the autumn sky. There even was a moderate breeze with a slight coldness to it that was constantly flowing, resulting in the huge stadium becoming air-conditioned.

(Although there is no type of cooling device here, is this base on magic?)

Just like technology on earth, home appliances like air conditioners can be electric hungry. However, in this world of magic, common sense, and energy conversation doesn't apply. Even so, covering the whole stadium in cold air while lighting up the once dark place so easily must have some considerable technology behind it.

One of the Teachers called, and they entered a room which was just beside the stadium. They were told to seat at one of the seats and partake at the Written exam first, which was Vivi’s nightmare.

“Eh! I didn’t know that was going to do this...”

“Don’t worry we’ll sit side by side and I’ll help you out. Is that okay? “

“Ye-

“Hey, you two. What are you two planning? “  

Suddenly, a girl talked. A girl just as the height of Kris that wears extravagant clothes was talking at the two. A brown-haired girl that stretches up to her waist wears a pink dress that has sleeves extending up to her elbow and a skirt reaching her knees, covering her body while giving of elegancy. In essence, a rich girl appeared.

And Just as Kris and Vivi were about to sit, the girl appeared in front of them and talked out, while looking annoyed. Vivi quickly hid behind Kris and crouched while holding her head low as not to be seen. Still, due to Kris’s small body, Vivi can be visibly seen just behind of her slender legs.  

Vivi held Kris’s Skirt and legs. Kris only stood there watching the girl which was still standing in front of her.

“What is it? “  

“This seat is reserved for me”

“Is that so? Sorry. We will be leaving immediately “

“Humph, people like you should be only working in the fields for us”

Kris’s head formed a + as she twitched with a fake smile. Kris was angry, but she departed and left with Vivi in tow, who was still clinging onto Kris's feet and pretending to be hidden. Even so, Kris was angry at the remarks the Girl had said to them and promised in her heart to surpass her with any possible means.

But still, this is a written exam that Kris does not know of. They quickly sat at one of the upper seats in the back and retracted the hiding Vivi at her legs. They took out their pens and waited for the teacher to appear. Soon, the teacher appeared and told them to start with a 60minute timer on hand, an hourglass.

The teacher told them that if they got caught cheating, they would be quickly thrown out of the building and would have to wait for another year to re-enter again. The teacher announced the start of the test, flipped the timer in his hands, and the test began.

Knowing that Kris grabbed the paper and flipped it, revealing the questions to be answered.

  1. What is the name of the magic sage that saved the kingdom?
    2. What kind of magic is used to make stones?

  1. How many tiers does the sage have?

And so on…

The questions were listed one after the other. Kris didn’t know what the name of the magic sage was nor any of the other questions except question number 2. As a result, Kris had no choice but to use the system for her aid.

Accessing the system, Information about unknown knowledge about the questions quickly rushed into her brain. Despite the rush, she calmly organized the situation in her mind and answered the questions swiftly. In doing so, Kris finished the exam in just about 20 minutes from when timer was started.

 The system was once mentioned in the past. It holds a vast amount of information unknown to human hands as well as knowledge about the current state of the world. Once used, it cannot be forgotten. It was such an ability only available to KrisTina. But still, due to the excess information that was revealed in the system, knowledge of things could not be disregarded and would remain permanently as it is. In short, knowing the Taboo of Humans and other living beings.

Kris left those things untouched and only used the important ones.

Kris also helped Vivi answer hers and finished with her too at the same time unnoticed by the teacher. But so, Kris didn’t give all of the answers to Vivi and left the easy ones for her to answer.

And soon the timer was finished and examines passed their paper at the teacher and sat back at the place while waiting for instruction. At such, soon after the teacher finished checking the paper and listed the scores of the examines next to their names. 

There are only around 20 participants that participated in the exam along with the girl. In so, the teacher was quickly finished and stated the scores of each examines starting with the lowest ones, meaning the failed examines.

One after another the teacher called and asked them to retry for another year. Some were depressed and some were crying, but still, they left motivated. After that, the last 6 students were only left, including Kris and Vivi with that girl. The teacher began calling names, it started with the boy who was wearing a robe just at the other aisle, and next was a girl with blue hair, then a tall guy, and then a dwarf girl. After the last three, Vivi was called and next was the ignorant girl.

“The last and top examine, Kris, received a perfect score of 100. Congratulations, this is the first time in decades since this happened.”

Next, the ignorant girl spoke and shouted then complained.

“This is impossible!? It must have been that she cheated! Can you check it again?”

The girl shouted and the others were impressed that someone with a perfect score passed the exam. The 4 praised Kris and Vivi but ignored the ignorant girl. The teacher was annoyed at the shouting girl and told her to just try harder on the next test.

The Exam consisted of 3 different tests, the previous written test and two practical tests. The practical tests were measuring a examinees's magic ability and a mock battle between students.

The teacher ordered the other teachers to ready the test site and led the examines with him. The girl followed while grinning, preparing jewels and wearing them.

“Hey Kris, congratulations”

“You too Vivi”

“Eh? But you’re the one that helped me, I'm more grateful of you Kris! “

“Is that so? I can't help it then. Let me hug you and recharge myself of Vivi power”

“Fufu, I'm ok with that “

Kris quickly hugged Vivi and patted her while rubbing herself in Vivi’s cheeks looking blissful. Soon after that, they arrived in the stadium and saw dummies lined up one after the other. They wore iron armors as such and were connected at the ground with a metal rod.  

They were placed a meter apart from each other and some were also placed further away at the back. Some were also made to specifically prevent piercing magic and other similar things were prepared. To the left was the battle arena and to the right, some magic measuring device was also positioned.

As such, the teacher asked the examines to proceed to the magic measuring device and explained the details of the ranks according to the magic capacity. Tier 0, an ordinary mage, and tier 1 is the royal palace’s magic capacity. Just like what Sharon said, Kris's magic capacity is that of the Royals in the previous years.

It went from the bottom of the list to the first. The robe-wearing guy was the first one and proceeded to go up and touch the measuring device.

The measuring device was similar to the orb that Sharon used to measure Kris’s magic last time. It would shine according to a person's affinity, and this time, the robe guy’s affinity was blue, meaning water. The density of the light the orb produced is what the user’s magic capacity is. This time, it was measured up to the 3/10 of the limit of Tier 0, which was already a feat for normal people.

 Each examinee went up and measured their magic capacity until it was Vivi’s turn. Unlike last time, Vivi had grown and so did her ability to exercise magic. When she touched the orb, several lights flashed brightly, covering the place in a colorful light show, but the brightest one. It brought a pleasant hue to the eyes, unlike the previous examines, which was hard and dense to the eyes.

Once the light subsided, the teacher was astonished at the result of Vivi’s measurement. Several elements which consisted of Light, Blue, Red, and Green, and that Vivi’s magic capacity was already nearing the limit of Tier 0, which was 8/10. 

The ignorant girl was laughing at the results of Vivi, saying that she was nowhere at the magic the girl has. In so, the ignorant girl’s name was next. When she touched the orb, just like Vivi, several Elements Shined brightly, covering half of the stadium in a light show of red, blue, green, yellow, and white.

The teacher was also astonished at the results, and the girl smugged at Kris. The result was that she has already reached tier 1 at the first-rate, 2/10.

The meaning of Tiers was simple. If you go up the tiers, the scale of magic quality and Magic density as well the capacity increases. As explained before, your magic Capacity will be reset to 10mp and you will have to slowly regain the magic back to its original capacity. As a result, most of the Royal palace’s mages were Tier 1 magicians due to their ability to exercise magic faster and stronger.

The examines praised the girl of her magic aptitude, with the girl harassing Kris.

“Humph, even if you have the ability, No one can surpass me”

The girl spoke and boasted her achievements.  However, Kris was calm as the lake, no ripples nor movement, she was as calm as she could be. Soon, Kris's turn was next, and she walked up to go touch the orb.

Smiling.


Kris: I wonder
Tina: Hey hey, when is my turn?

The Voting has Ended, thank you for participating! (cookieBlob) now i have to write the story with [withname] as a tsundere rival (cryBlob)

Should we keep the girl?
  • Throw the annoying thing away
  • Master-chan and Slave-san relationship
  • Friendly one with a tsundere personality
Total voters: 109 · This poll was closed on Sep 16, 2020 06:11 AM.
46