-Chapter: 17 iris win arkite
1.8k 20 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Chapter: 17 Iris win Arkite (Edited by LordGil)

 

  • Let us revise some of parts from the last Chapter. Some parts were out of place and lacks of vocabulary, so I will be changing some of the most basic mindsets. (Peasants) > Commoners, (Teachers)> Advisors [some], (Examines)> Participants, solely. I handle the rest. After seeing that 3rdPoV works just fine, let’s also try to implement a steady and worthwhile story. I will ask of a vote at the bottom of your insights about the writing style
  • Also, after hearing the reviews from friends. It seems that I needed to change the whole story to match the current chapters. For those who have been reading and have been sticking along with us, I will supplement an extra review chapter to let you match the newly revised plot. 

The Advisor asked Kris to proceed and go up to the pedestal. When Kris was nearing the Pedestal, the Orb shined faintly that was only visible to Kris. The Crystal pulsates faintly as Kris move closer, it shined and glowed, when Kris was getting closer. The Advisor urged Kris to touch the Crystal Orb to finish her measurement test, but Kris stopped for a moment and looked at the orb, pondering.

(I already know my aptitude, showing my all now will be dangerous later on, but at the same time, a demerit. Since I was measured long ago, I have been practicing and training my magic ability. In addition, that I am afraid if this ability is known to the outside world, this is just me but I will be likely trying to limit my power here)

Kris slapped her cheeks and inhaled air to fill her lungs, and then she walked up to the measurement device, slowly. She gently controlled the flow of magic in her hand, limiting the output to just barely the magic capacity of the girl who mocked the two. The Crystal Orb shined brightly but not as blinding as the previous girl, Kris filled the orb with her magic little by little while controlling the quality. The pleasant hue of the lights filled the space between Kris and the crystal Orb, and then increasing its size until the whole stadium were filled in a bright  and colorful light show. 

The participants along with the teachers and bystanders were amazed at the sight that unfolded In front of them. 

The light not only shined brightly but also brought effects to that of their elements. The cold blue brought chill, the fiery red brought a hot sensation, the windy green flew with the breeze of the air, and the golden light gave prosperity. It was almost more like a competition of magic ability rather than a measurement test. 

The Crystal orb pulsates of the magic power from Kris, and Soon after Kris filled the orb with magical power, beside Kris formed a pattern. A three-leaf pattern, a four-leaf pattern, a bell, the flowing water, and the hard as mineral motifs floated beside her. a magnificent view, it was just like the time where KrisTina was named and baptized. 

The Crystal orb overflowed with magical power that was filled by Kris and was spilled in the floor, full of magic power. The density of the magic gave the teachers a chill in their spines and their oily sweat gushes out of their bodies. 

Then soon the measurement was finished. The Teachers were stunned and the participants too, only Vivi was clapping and cheering for Kris. 

Unlike last time, whether Kris achieved the 2nd tier is by chance is just her luck or something she earned by working, but Kris now possess far more magic than the last time she was measured. By reaching the thousands, her magical capacity reseted, and in exchange, she has a far more denser and pure magic than ever before. Along with her original magic, she practiced, Trained and mastered. However, let’s not talk about that at the moment.

After that, the surrounding clapped with Vivi and soon cheers followed. The Advisor assed the Measurement Kris got and asked the other teachers about the results, they held a tiny meeting between teachers.

Only the Girl was silently watching and observing Kris. Without making a noise, she seriously looked at Kris and assed her ability by intuition. Her eyes were not that of a girl that once mocked the two, but the eyes of doubt and surprise. She was neither amazed nor shocked; she only looked at Kris with the eyes of admiration.

Then the teachers finished their meeting and announced the results of Kris. The results not only shocked the participants but also the girl.

-----

In a distant land across many continents, a girl looked at the empty sky. Taking lessons in a lonely room with only her tutor, without any accompany. She studied alone in her little room without meeting anyone other than her family. No friends, no one to play with and time only passed. 

She was trapped, deserted, forgotten, and lonely. Because of that, she developed a personality of her own to never accept other things than her own. 

Her name was Iris win Arkite, A girl that knows only her name and identity. She was always ordered around by her ‘father’ and she always obeyed him. Iris has been living in the same place since she was born;she was never allowed outside the mansion.

She felt that she was only a doll made to follow orders, a body that was made to obey. But that all changed when she learnt about magic, studying magic gave her a reason to live. It gave her power and ‘love’ from her ‘family’. 

She was lent books about magic and was given a private tutor. Iris studied under her tutor and learned extremely complicated magic through books. Iris increased her magic capacity and magic ability, as days passed her ‘father’ praised her, but her ‘father’ only praised her body and not her efforts. 

She worked hard and learnt more magic just for her ‘father’ to recognize her efforts, but it was never successful. She was neglected and she was never loved by her ‘father’. 

After years and years passed by, she was freed from her ‘home’. Seeing this, Iris thought that her ‘father’ might have noticed her, but never did she thought the next moment she was told something of her ‘father’.

“I don’t need you anymore” 

Iris’s heart broke. She thought that if maybe she Really tried, then her ‘father’ would have noticed her more. Nevertheless, everything was just a mistake, she was thrown out of her ‘house’ and out of pity, she was given servants that were not loyal to her. 

She was sent into the City of NEir along with her servants. The rough movements of the carriage swayed her, the treatment of her servants almost killed, and the eyes of her servants looked like they were looking at an insect. 

She was mistreated by her servants, Despised and annoyed. Along the journey, due to the mistreatment of her servants, she learned how to bite back. Her Attitude changed, she noticed that, but it was forcefully changed for her to survive. 

Iris was thankful for that, but her problems were never solved. She was ignorant, and she knew that from the start. However, even still, Iris worked hard. 

The examination was held this day;she participated in the examination and followed the orders of the teachers. There were two girls, A Silver white haired girl, and a light green haired girl just as about the height of the Kris. 

The contents of the exam were hard, she knew that, but she cannot just remove the feeling of anxiousness. 

(Aren’t they nervous?) 

Iris thought. Iris glared at the two until Kris looked back at her and smiled. It was the first time she was noticed, she felt happy, but she herself could not describe that strange feeling.

Iris was jealous, Jealous of Vivi that was clinging to Kris while talking happily. Soon they entered the stadium, it was gigantic she thought, and then they were led into a small room just beside of the stadium and was seated. 

Iris looked for the two and saw them still clinging to each other. She walked up to them and and asked. 

“Hey, you two. What are you two planning? “  

The green haired girl hid behind of the white haired girl. She looked scared and was almost about to cry. Even so, Iris asked Kris. She tried to see if Iris could persuade Kris to move aside and sit beside her. [Author: ヾ(≧ ▽ ≦)ゝ]

“What is it? “  

Kris talked to Iris, looking annoyed and angry. Iris thought if she had annoyed Kris, but she did not know why. 

“This seat is reserved for me” 

Iris told Kris. Kris looked at Iris in her eyes and sighed. Iris felt happy about what  Kris was going to do after she had persuaded her.

(I don’t know if this method is going to work, but I have high hopes that it will work.) 

Never did Iris know that her personality was not proper. Her ways of talking were made to sound intimidating. however Iris did not thought of that possibility and continued to talk to Kris. 

“Is that so? Sorry. We will be leaving immediately “ 

She glanced Kris’s Attire; she wore a simple dress that was made to be flexible as possible that adventures frequently wore. Her beauty can be mistaken to that of nobles of high position. 

Iris also glanced at Vivi and examined her, Vivi looked normal, she thought that and told Vivi. 

“Humph, people like you should only be working in the fields for us” 

Kris took the remarks Iris was supposed to tell Vivi and was angered. Iris didn’t know what just happened and was left stunned as Kris dragged Vivi off. 

(Did my plan perhaps did not work? I tried to separate the two but ended up having them angered at me. Still I will not give up! If I can make it look like I’m better maybe; maybe she will also talk to me.)

One teacher entered the venue and explained the rules of the test. Then the teacher told the participants to go to start the written exam. 

Iris, whom got no other things to do rather than to study, has at least reviewed everything written in the test during when she was locked in her room. She solved the test swiftly until the time limit was finished. The test consists of things about how to create magic formulas and a couple of life test. 

The life test was only about those of what to do during real combat. Iris had never gotten out of her room until she was released to participate the exam, so she didn’t know much about how to fight other than her basic knowledge. 

After that, when everyone of the participants had passed over their answer sheets. The teachers started checking the papers one by one, after about 15minutes had passed the teacher held 6 papers in his left hand and 20 in his right hand. 

The teacher announced the students with the lowest scores one by one until the last 6 in his left hand was left. The other 20 were asked to go out of the venue and try again in the upcoming test next year. 

(The two girls are here. That’s reassuring; I thought that if maybe the white girl failed I’ll use force to make her pass, but the green girl…) 

The teacher started from the robed man to the dwarf, and then Vivi was also announced in the 3rd place and next was Iris at 2nd place. Only Kris was left, the 1st place topping with a perfect 100% at the test, which was already a feat. 

Everyone was amazed at Kris and was clapping their hand joyfully. only Iris was stunned. Then next, the Advisor led the passing participants outside of the room and up to the pedestal where the crystal orb was placed. 

(as far as I know, that orb… it was used to measure magic power, it wouldn’t matter if I poured all of my magic right? It’s just a test) 

 It also started from the lowest until it was Iris’s turn. She was speechless when it was Vivi’s turn, unlike the others, Vivi’s magic was pleasant. It wasn’t like something that was blinding from strong magic power, it was slow, but at the same time, the quality was high. 

Iris was then called as the next and touched the orb. When she touched the Crystal orb, half of the dark stadium was lit up in a light show of many colors. It neither Violent or pleasant, but it was like made to look flashy. 

The light show ended when Iris was exhausted of magic power and collapsed in her knees. 

(is this good? Did I make it look good?) 

Iris was looking at Kris, she was just there laughing with Vivi and was not amazed at all. Seeing this Iris stopped thinking and walked down the stairs. 

The Advisor announced Iris magic as 2nd tier. It was a feat already. 

Then when it was Kris turn, every element poured out. It was also a light show; however, it was not like that of Iris, the Color elements were giving effects. It was not a just like a test anymore, it was a match of whoever of the color is the best. 

Iris was stunned once again.  

The Teachers as well as the Advisor had a small meeting between them and talked to each other about the results of Kris magic power. After a while, the Advisor announced Kris magic.

“Kris, 3rd tier magic power” 

Iris glanced at Kris. Speechless.


Iris: (°w°) 

..so about that.... ;p planning on rewriting every chapters to 3pov. And that... i suck at this, a very hard reality it is. Anyway, i dont care as long as i make this better. New plan! Same, ill continue writing with this story, but i wont change it. Unless i create another one....... right? 

does this writing style make you feel better now?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
35