6-Advanced to Early Stage Acolyte
529 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saga 1: The Fall of the Evening

Arc 1: The Maidens of Ashkera

Allen needed to perform a ritual that required a magical beast’s blood and flesh to speed up his spiritual roots awakening. He had the babirusa’s blood. As for meats, he could use Blue Scavenger Worms because they were safe to be consumed.

Allen drew a circle on the floor with the beast’s blood. After that, he inscribed some lines that were listed in the book.

Allen sat in the middle of it. He swallowed a piece of Blue Scavenger Worm and chanted some words. The blood glowed.

His body felt hot. He could see blue lines all over his body. It was his spiritual roots that had been awakened. Suddenly, natural mana rushed into his body.

“It must be forming a spiritual sea. It’s so hot! I must endure it!”

After some while, an image of the sea suddenly appeared in his mind. It was his spiritual sea. Even though it was located inside his body, Allen could see it clearly.

What he hadn’t expected was the system tablet suddenly appeared before his face.

The user has awakened spiritual roots. User #3602072- has become the first person to be an awakened otherworlder. The Ancient Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge has decided to share his little knowledge to the user.

Open Development Inferior System

1.

2.

7. The requirement to evolve to the next tier: 0/100 souls

 

Allen was bewildered. He got a lot of information from this message. “So, it’s true I am the clone of Allen Vos of Planet Earth. I am an otherworlder. I wonder what happens if I evolve the system to the next tier.

“I wonder what this ancient beast existence is. The original only mention a few about them. There are 10 of them. They are the oldest beings in the entire multiverse. The original had met some of them in his dream.”

Allen stopped his thought. He nearly forgot he was in the middle of a ritual.

The ritual not only to speed up spiritual roots awakening, but it also helped him to construct a mind rune. So, he could activate the Lifesteal Aura technique.

Allen controlled his breath in rhythm. The blood on the floor became life-like. It crawled into his body like a snake. He absorbed it slowly.

In his mind, a magic circle like the one he had drawn on the floor appeared. Allen could see his spiritual sea changed color into black. As he opened his eyes, his body leaked out black mana. It was lifesteal aura.

“In before, I thought I could fuse the Life Leech Technique with this Lifesteal Aura Technique. After forming a mind rune, I now know the mana absorbing technique is like a base. A magus can only learn one mana absorbing technique. Wait, then how did the original learn four mana absorbing techniques?”

Allen read the biography of the original himself again and looked for the reason he could learn more than one three mana absorbing techniques. He got some vague hints. However, it couldn’t be proved as evidence.

The original himself had written some lines repeatedly, like: Don’t forget their sacrifices.

There was a line like this too: Don’t ever learn necromancy, even the Progenitor of Chaos is disgusted by it. I regretted it.

Allen wondered why he wrote that. There was one more line he repeated the most: If It still exists in your heart, don’t ever awaken It. Don’t stray from your path and purpose.

Allen snorted. He didn’t have parents and friends in this world. The only reason he had been living well was he had dreams and conviction. He had dreamt to be a skilled hunter, check. He had wanted to taste women, check; he had never conquered their hearts, though, all of his experiences were from call-ladies.

Allen’s purpose for the moment was he wanted to meet his wives from his dream and to be a magus. With that, he still had reasons to go on living.

Allen continued familiarizing himself with the mind rune.

“According to the mind rune, I can use lifesteal aura to absorb life force and soul. I can use life force to regenerate myself or convert it into mana to fill my spiritual sea. However, the rate is still small for now. I have to level up to get better at it. There are several features of lifesteal aura I can’t learn yet.

“To train my technique and test my strength, I think I have to fight rank 0 magical beasts alone. With the awakening of my spiritual roots, I have entered the Realm of Mana Condensation. However, rank 1 magical beast is too much for me to handle.”

After cleaning the room, Allen read the original book to know about the ranks of the magus. However, the ranks written in it were different from the ranks in this world he had heard of.

“It seems this book only useful to know about the original’s past and to learn spells and techniques. Even though the ranks system is different, I can still use it.”

Allen put the black book aside and summoned the system. He opened the video of a mana absorbing technique. As expected, it explained the magus ranks system.

“There are several realms of the magus. The mana condensation realm is the lowest. This realm is divided into 30 levels. Level 1-10 is early-stage; level 11-20 is middle stage. Level 21-30 is the late stage.

“A level 1 magus of mana condensation realm has little mana inside their body. They can only cast plenty of top tier spell properly after they reach level 3. If a level 1 is trying to cast a top tier spell, they will exhaust their mana and die.”

Allen closed his eyes in thought. “Each time I level up, my spiritual sea is expanding; my strength is improved. I think I will only depend on my own strength until I reach level 3. Well, learning a top tier spell is harder too compared to learn a mana condensation technique.

“To learn a spell, I need to build a spell model inside the mine rune. It takes a few days for a newbie.”

Allen cupped his fist in determination. “Very well, I shall hunt a rank 0 magical beast tomorrow.”

The next day, Allen went on hunting missions alone. The receptionist lady was surprised. Even though Allen had a reputation that he could hunt magical beast alone, it was applicable to Blue Scavenger Worms only. She knew this secret.

Allen managed to convince her and then he went to the forest again. He met a Giant Babirusa in the place with long bushes. He looked around and ensured no other beasts in the area.

He ran toward the babirusa in silence. He swung the long axe at the beast’s belly.

Blood was spurting out. The beast immediately roared.

Allen jumped toward a bush. However, he could be smelled by the babirusa. It chased him from behind.

Allen clucked. “It’s really hard this time. The beast isn’t in a berserk state.”

Allen became curios when it suddenly got quiet. He didn’t hear any footsteps. However, he ran faster when he heard the familiar sound. It was the sound of steam coming out of babirusa’s nostrils.

The beast roared and stomped the ground several times. Steam engulfed its body. It charged. A gush of the wave came out of its body and blew away nearby bushes and trees.

The wave hit Allen’s back and he was blown away. He immediately rolled up and stood.

Allen coughed up blood and swore. “Fuck, it hurts so much!”

Allen started running again. There was cool downtime before the beast could use its magical ability again.

Allen turned to a tree. The beast crashed against the tree he had passed. He took advantage of debris that blocked its view and ran to the injured belly. He swung the axe at the injured spot. Intestines came out of the rips.

Allen ran back and forth. The beast got slower and finally fell.

Allen sighed in relief. “With my current strength, I can two hits a Giant Babirusa. However, I can’t be careless. The babirusa is slower compared to other magical beasts.”

Allen started harvesting some hides and meats. He brought a bigger stash for it. After that, he went back to the city.

It was evening and hunters were coming back from the forest. The tavern was crowded than usual. When Allen entered the door, he immediately drew attention. He walked to the receptionist table without caring for the whispers and curious gazes of people.

The receptionist was shocked when he saw Allen came back with a huge stash without any noticeable injury. “You hunted a Giant Babirusa alone?”

Allen shrugged. “Well, it’s one of the weakest rank 0 magical beasts.”

“But, they are only slow in the eyes of the magus.” The receptionist lady gaped when she noticed it. “Don’t tell me… You have awakened your spiritual roots and become an acolyte?”

Allen shook his head and laughed. “That’s impossible. I don’t have any guidance from magus. Besides, learning a spell takes a long time. If you want to know the detail, just come to my room.”

Allen headed to his room without caring for the suspicious gaze of the receptionist lady. She told her colleague to replace her; she followed Allen to his room.

At night, one could hear beautiful moan inside Allen’s room. The receptionist lady fell on Allen’s body. He caressed her long, blonde hair and sniffed it.

The lady pouted lovably and poked his cheek. “You can’t do that. I haven’t bathed.

Allen laughed. “Who cares? You smell good anyway. By the way, this is the usual medicine.”

Allen took a mug of herbs water on the drawer. However, the receptionist lady put it back.

“I don’t need that anymore. You know, I am pregnant.”

Allen gulped. “It’s not me, is it?”

The receptionist lady grinned. “It’s the child of city mayor’s first son. I didn’t drink the medicine when I did it with him. He proposed to me a few days ago.”

Allen sighed in relief inwardly. Fortunately, it wasn’t him. However, he put a smile on his face. “Congratulation, Big Sister, I am happy for you. This is my gift.”

“No, I have decided to stop my side job as a prostitute and life as a normal wife for him.”

“But, you still did it with me, though.”

“Hehe, it’s because you are adorable, Mr. Allen Vos. This is the last time, though.”

“Thank you, Big Sister, only you say that to me. Other women don’t even consider me attractive.”

“They are cowards, I say. You are actually very handsome yet beautiful, Mr. Vos. If only they can put aside the scars around your body. By the way, I come here to hear your explanation. How did you hunt the beast alone?”

Allen gave her a remaining of Berserk Mushroom that Ian had found. “I found these. The magus that came to our city had taught us how to harvest magical herbs and to preserve them.”

“I see. No wonder you could hunt magical beasts alone. Do you consider selling it?”

“No.”

“Stingy as ever, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I am a very stingy man and will do anything for free. Speaking of that, you are free for tonight, aren’t you?”

Allen pulled her body. He changed his position to above. “I want to get better at satisfying women.”

The sun had risen. However, one could still hear the lady’s moan inside Allen’s room. After a while, it became quite. The door opened; the receptionist lady walked out with an exhausted face.

“You are really a beast. Are you sure you haven’t awakened yet?”

Allen smiled and waved at her from the bed. “Don’t forget to close the door.”

After the door closed, Allen looked at the mirror. He noticed his scars became thin. He activated lifesteal aura when he did it with her.

“Handsome yet beautiful, eh. If these scars vanish, I wonder if I can even steal other men’s women.”

Allen meditated. He realized absorbing the life force of others increased his cultivation base too. The spiritual sea inside his boy expanded a little. There were lumps of black balls swimming on it.

“Those are impurities. I have to clean it, so it doesn’t slow my cultivation. Because of my ordinary roots, I have to absorb the life force of others to advance faster. Absorbing the life force of magical beasts is faster, but I can’t expect them to stay quiet while I spread my aura. I need to do it with many women from now on. Ordinary humans can’t see mana.”

Thinking of that, he went to the bathroom and washed with certain medicine. So, he could keep safe when he did it with many women.

12