10-Warm Feeling
387 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  
At the night, Allen dreamt. He was sparring with a man with tanned skin. Although he considered himself as expert martial arts, Allen couldn’t beat this silver-haired man.
 
Allen took a fist through the belly and fell on his back. Feeling frustrated, he looked up. The sun had almost sunk, making the sky orange.
 
“Beautiful, isn’t it?” The man sat beside him. “Your mother and I liked to watch the sunset when we dated. She liked to sleep on my shoulder too.”
 
“It’s nice. I will do that with Marie and Athy sometimes. Thanks for the reference, Dad. Wait, D—dad?”
 
Allen opened his eyes slowly. As his vision cleared up, he noticed Mircalla was sitting beside him. She looked at him with worried expression.
 
Allen straightened his body. “What have I done, Young lady?”
 
“You were sleep talking. Did you have a nightmare?”
 
“You don’t have to worry, Young lady. It happened once in a while.”
 
“Can you tell me about it?”
 
“It’s not something—” Allen pondered when he saw her curious face. He decided to tell her. “Sometimes, I’ve had dreamt about people I’ve never met. I think they are my family, my wives, and my father.”
 
Allen slapped his face. “Forget it, my lady; you must think I am crazy.” He sighed. It was unlike him to tell others about himself.
 
“I believe you, Allen. Sometimes, I dreamt the same thing over and over too. It was about a white-haired lady who rode a three-headed wolf to the battlefield; she was enjoying the sight of people dying while sipping demon’s blood.”
 
Mircalla sat beside her. “Anyway, someone told me living beings could remember their past lives through a dream. If you constantly dream about the same thing, then your connection with past life is strong.”
 
Mircalla smiled gently and patted his head. Allen caught her hand and smirked.
 
“Young lady, does my hair so charming you like to pat it lately.”
 
Mircalla pouted lovably. “Come one, it’s the only moment I feel superior in front of you. I never defeat you in combat.”
 
“Sure, feel free to do it to your heart’s content, my master.” Allen moved her hand to his head and moved it back and forth. Mircalla ruffled his hair instead.
 
As they were bantering with each other, someone coughed. They turned and saw Reymond standing before the curtain.
 
“Do I disturb you, youths?”
 
“Reymond!” Mircalla jumped and hugged him.
 
Reymond giggled and patted her head. “I am home.”
 
Allen clucked. “Reymond, you are still alive.”
 
“I am home, Allen. I see you’ve become close to this girl.”
 
“What do you mean by this girl? I am still your master, remember?”
 
They laughed. Allen felt warm for some reason. This isn’t bad, he thought. “Reymond, want a wine?”
 
“Thanks, Allen, please warm it too. Cally, I have something to say. Let’s go to the table.”
 
……
 
Allen brought a mug of warm wine and a bottle of blood. The dining room was tense and quiet when he entered.
 
“Allen, sit here,” Mircalla said, pointing at the chair beside her.
 
Allen nodded and sat beside her.
 
“You’ve become a good butler for Cally, Len. Your level rose up too.”
 
Allen put his hand on the chest and bowed slightly like a good butler.
 
“Reymond and I will go on a quest for a week. I want you to take care of this tent while we go.”
 
“Oh….” Allen wanted to ask where they would go. He knew the quest was very serious judging from the tense atmosphere. However, he felt like he wasn’t close enough with them to casually ask a serious matter. “When will you go, Young Lady?”
 
“This midnight, I will go. How much our stock of blood? When I go outside, I drink a lot.”
 
“Cally usually needs around four liters blood a day when she goes on a quest.”
 
“I am afraid we don’t have that much. We have a half-liter left.”
 
“As I thought.” Reymond sighed. “I think we need to call Mr. Skylark now. You can just prepare around eight liters for our journey.”
 
“I will take care of it. You two can just rest. I will tell you when midnight comes,” Allen said.
 
Allen contacted Mr. Skylark, the slave trader. After he took care of things, he entered his room to meditate. He saw Reymond leaned on the bed while chugging wine.
 
“Did you have taken care of it?”
 
Allen nodded and sat below the bed.
 
“We can share the bed if you want.”
 
“No, thanks.” Allen was about to close his eyes, but Reymond kept chatting with him.
 
“What do you think about her?”
 
“Mircalla? She’s cheerful, but can be cold and indifferent too sometimes.”
 
“You haven’t known her well, then. She put indifferent expression to mask her worry.”
 
“Oh….”
 
“You know, after this war ends, I will focus on leveling up until we have equal status. Then, I will propose to her.”
 
“You like her?”
 
“Yeah, what? Want to say our age gap is too far? Yes, I am 17 years older than her, but….”
 
“I didn’t mean that. Good luck.”
 
Allen looked at him with one eye closed. He understood magus lived longer than ordinary people and age gap couples weren’t rare, but he hadn’t expected Reymond liked her. After all, Mircalla only saw him as a fatherly figure. He could see that.
 
“Good luck,” Allen said once again and closed his eyes. He focused on circulating his inner sea.
 
When he opened the eyes again, it was midnight. Reymond had asleep. He decided to wake Mircalla first.
 
When Allen entered her room, curiosity rose in his heart. He wanted to see her sleeping face.
 
Allen stood beside her coffin and opened it soundlessly. However, what lied inside it made him bewildered. It was a different person. She had red hair. Her beauty was hard to be described.
 
As Allen got struck with her beauty, he suddenly stuffed his nose. There was a thick bloody smell in this girl. She emanated cold wind too. He decided to close the coffin again.
 
Allen sighed in relief when the smell of blood lessened. Fortunately, the girl hadn’t noticed him.
 
Allen went back to his room and woke Reymond.
 
“Reymond, wake up. You have to wake her too.”
 
Reymond squirmed and turn his body against him. “Why don’t you do it, Allen? Let me sleep for 5 minutes.”
 
“Okay, I will kiss her, then. I won’t have a chance when you get together with her in the future.”
 
Reymond suddenly straightened his body. “Let me do it.”
 
“What? Kiss her? She’s still your master. How bold you.”
 
Reymond chopped at his head, but Allen caught it.
 
“Waking her up, of course,” Reymond retorted.
 
As he went to her room, even Reymond could smell the scent of blood.
 
“Oh, Mircalla, she’s farting again.”
 
“What?” Allen widened his eyes when he heard that.
 
“Vampires don’t poo or pee, they only fart. Their farts reek of blood. Female vampires’ farts got smellier in their periods. Wait, her period has passed. Ah, who cares….”
 
Reymond knocked on the coffin. Allen gulped when it opened. It was the usual pink-haired Mircalla who came out. He scratched his nape.
“We have to go, Cally,” Reymond said. Mircalla nodded and ordered them to go.
 
Allen carried their belongings to Snowy’s back. The wolf looked at him indifferently. Reymond rode on its back.
 
“You know, Len. I hate two things about women. They take bath and get dressed too long.”
 
Allen pondered about it and nodded. After a while, Mircalla got out of the tent using a short skirt. They sighed.
 
“I can guess what you two are thinking. I don’t have pants. Besides, I won’t mind what people think about me anymore.”
 
“Alright, I don’t want to wait for you changing dress too. Do you thirsty, Cally?”
 
Mircalla shook her head and looked at Allen. “I put you in charge of this tent. This is your pay for a week; I add bonus into it.” After giving Allen a pouch, she presented him with an insignia with the shape of a coffin and had one star in the middle of it.
 
“You have to take care of it. It’s a proof you are acquaintance with this sect’s elder. With it, you can trade magical resources and techniques in the main tent.”
 
Allen was about to bow, but Mircalla held his shoulders. Their eyes met.
 
“Allen, Allen, Allen.”
 
Allen tilted his head when she muttered his name repeatedly. He didn’t know what to respond.
 
“Is something matter, Young Lady?”
 
“You have served me well. It’s nice to get acquaintance with you.”
 
“Oh….” Allen sneaked his hand underneath the cloak and pinched his chest. He put a thin smile. “I too, Master. Have a safe trip.”
Snowy suddenly moved his muzzle closer to Allen and licked his face.
 
“Oh, Snowy has approved you too, Allen. You can touch him.”
 
Allen rubbed the wolf’s muzzle and it sneezed. Allen was blown and fell on his butt. Mircalla laughed at him.
 
Reymond shook his head and jumped from the wolf’s back. He helped Allen to stand.
 
“Do you like this place, Allen?”
 
Allen pinched his chest harder. He averted his eyes for a while before facing him directly. “I do. It’s better than dark alley, orphanage, and tavern’s inn.”
 
“Hey, Reymond, come on.” Mircalla waved from the wolf’s back.
 
“Soon, Cally.” Reymond waved back at her and turned at Allen again.
 
“Remember when we first meet? You were calling people in your dream. I know you still dream about them. Allen, you can still call people, who are willing to open their hearts for you, family. I and Mircalla do. Maybe, just maybe, maybe you can find family affection before your nose.”
 
Reymond gave him a bear hug. “Take care, my brother.” He took a look at Allen for the last time and got on the wolf again.
 
“Bye-bye, Allen.” Mircalla waved at him.
 
Without him realizing, Snowy had gone far away from his sight. Allen took out his hand from the cloak. It was shaking like crazy. He sneered and entered the tent.
 
The tent was dark like always. Since he was a kid, he had gotten used to dark places; when he became a magus, his sight had improved to the point he could see normally in the dark. However, it was the first time he felt alienated in a dark place.
 
“It was a different feeling than sleeping with women. What was that?”
 
Suddenly, Allen heard loud footsteps and shouted. He stuck his neck out of the tent. Hundreds of slave soldiers were marching out of the fields far from tents.
 
Looking at their mad expressions, Allen realized what environment he was in. If he didn’t get acquainted with Reymond, he might end up like them. “I need to get stronger. Necromancy, I’ll take advantage of that technique.”
 
Allen looked at the insignia Mircalla had given to him. “I can order slaves without Mircalla’s help.” He smirked and closed the tent.
8