18-Black Goblins
227 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am in a certain small area near the mountain. The internet here is bad. The following advanced chapters will be updated after I visit an internet cafe. I thought I would be very busy. It turns out I still have spare time to write.

I have this thought for a while. I write a xuanhuan story. This will be a long journey. So, at my current pace, I am afraid the story will be finished in--I don't know--maybe it will be longer than One Piece (lol).

That's why I am trying hard to update 3 chapters a week next week. Then, 4 chapters a week next month. We will be steady until I can update 7 chapters a week. My speed in writing right now is 1k-1.5k a day if I am not busy. If I am busy, I can write 500 words a day. That's without editing. Sigh, I wonder if I can update every day in the future.

Thanks a lot for the readers that always leave a comment or click the love button. Your support means a lot to me. It cheers me up and gives me motivation. Of course, I am thankful to you who have been lurking in my story too.

Consider supporting me on Patreon too. If I reach my goal, I will drop my job and become a full-time author. I will hire editors to edit the old chapters and hire a good artist to draw characters from my story

Thank you, everyone. Have a good day.

Allen tapped the first person in the row. When lifesteal aura flowed into his body, the man let out a painful shriek.

Allen was a bit surprised too. How came he had forgotten that sucking others’ life force was painful. Then, he thought up about each time he did it with Eren. The man might have held back the pain.

Allen let go of the man. The orb in his other hand glowed a bit. As he would walk to the next person, he felt aching over his nape. He turned back; Jovana gave him a complicated look. He grinned and ignored him.

The next person sweated a lot. Without hesitation, Allen sucked his life force. He didn’t forget to transfer a portion of converted mana to his spiritual sea. Suddenly, his mana erupted. He had advanced to level 10.

Allen retracted his mana. “That was nice.”

As he kept going on, Allen realized most of them could withstand the pain. Even, some didn’t flinch a bit.

Allen looked at the orb. It had filled with a lot of mana. He came back to El Grimfield who welcomed him with praise.

Grimfield took the orb. “What a scene, Allen. You made a breakthrough. Not to mention, you are faster than Jovana. Do you have pure spiritual roots?”

Allen just smiled and went beside Eren. After a while, Jovana came back. He looked tired.

Even though Life Leech and Lifesteal are top grade technique, it seems Lifesteal is superior. As expected of technique from Ancient Beast of Death, Allen thought.

Jovana approached Allen. “Brat—no—Mr. Vos, I have to admit you are fast. That means you have very pure spiritual roots and higher talent than me. Why did you join our low tier sect? You can easily be accepted to a big organization, like Myriad Essence School with your age.”

Allen put his hand over his chest and bowed. “I am just Master Karnstein’s property.”

Jovana tapped his shoulder. “I see. What a sad fate for a talented person like you.” He turned back and walked away.

“You were lying, were you?” Eren asked.

“No, what kind of man do you think I am? It’s true.”

“I see.”

“Attention!” Grimfield suddenly shouted. “Now that this event has done. I need all of you to assist me in creating defensive formation. I want all of you to go to the designation spot you have been assigned to. Now, Disband!”

Grimfield gave Eren both of the mana storages. “How long can you activate your spell?”

“I need an hour, Brother.”

“Fine, you can go now. Allen, you act as his guardian when Eren refines the lantern.”

“As you wish, Brother Grimfield.”

Eren and Allen went inside the tent. Eren immediately took out a stick and chanted the spell. The mana storage in his other hand glowed.

Allen pondered when Eren was refining. We can’t move around with Eren’s lantern spell, can we? He thought. Suddenly there was a booming sound from outside. The tent shook.

Allen was curious and checked outside. He could see the others forming a transparent barrier in the air. There were explosive magic and barrage of thrown weapons attacking the barrier.

The chaos didn’t only happen outside of the barrier. The scene inside it was chaotic too. A jet black figure crashed the barrier from the air and went rampage. He caught a person nearby and tore him with his ivory teeth and bolted to the next person while swinging his ax.

“Is that a black goblin that Eren has mentioned? What a strong creature,” Allen admired.

Another barrier crash happened and a black goblin descended near the tent. Allen immediately shot the darkness chain to a certain pillar not far from the tent. He was ready to escape.

The black goblin set his eyes to him and jumped forward. Allen was about to retract the chain, but El Grimfield suddenly stomped the incoming goblin. The ground shattered and a powerful aura erupted from Grimfield’s body.

“Where are you going, Allen? You aren’t allowed to leave Eren. You two have to deliver a message to elders about the Church of Enlightenment’s activity!”

Grimfield roared and the other goblin that had been going rampage stopped himself and paid attention to him.

Grimfield gripped the goblin below his foot by the ankle and threw him to another goblin. The latter didn’t even try to escape; he received the throw while catching his friend.

The goblin was dragged back several meters before stopping. He threw his friend. The first goblin stood up. They looked at each other and laughed.

The two goblins approached Grimfield and the latter stepped forward too. Everyone was about to watch the showdown, but suddenly Grimfield roared, “What are you looking at? Back to work!”

With just words from their eldest brother, everyone scattered to their posts and continued the defensive formation.

Allen flipped the curtain of the tent; Eren was still refining the stick. He seemed safe, so he watched the showdown. He was curious about Grimfield’s strength. Why was everyone scared of him?

Grimfield stood before two goblins with eyes widened. His foes were smiling widely. They offered a blow to each of his cheeks.

Allen had witnessed powerful those creatures were. Their punches could make a hole in one’s body. Receiving their blows, Grimfield only coughed up a little blood. He delivered an uppercut to their chins.

The goblins were thrown back. When they stood up, their lower jaws were dislocated.

“So powerful. How comes a human’s body be so strong?”

The goblins didn’t even bother to fix their jaws. They pulled the dual axes that were tied to their waists and bolted to Grimfield. When they were running, they left afterimages.

They spun around Grimfield. He punched one goblin that approached him, but it turned out he was attacking an afterimage. Then, the real one came from the side and swung his ax.

“ARggh!” Grimfield screamed as his arm was cut.

The goblins stopped. One of them lifted the arm that had fallen to the ground as if to show the other goblins outside of the barrier.

The goblins outside were shouting in excitement at the sight. Some of them crashed to the barrier, but they couldn’t break it.

The other disciples had finished setting up the defensive formation. However, they didn’t felt safe inside the barrier either. Those goblins were so strong. Even, Eldest Brother couldn’t beat them easily.

“They are so strong, right? No wonder they can fight a rank three beast one on one. Look, Allen, their lower jaws have been healed.”

Allen turned back and saw Eren. “You have done?”

“Yeah, I feel bad for everyone, but this is the best time to go. Let’s go to our carriage.”

They went inside the tent and got out from the back entrance to where the carriage was. Allen got inside the wagon, while Eren was on the front seat.

“Oh, it seems they have prepared the rewards for us,” Allen said as he caressed the coffin in front of him. There was a Limitless Vigor Body Art manual on it too.

“Now, we can travel at ease.” Eren laughed. “Truthfully, I don’t expect we can get out easily. Our plans went wrong. However, we are safe. A bit anticlimactic if you ask me.”

“Who cares if it’s anticlimactic? As long as we safe….”

“As long as we are safe,” Eren repeated.

“But, Eren, how can we travel with your spirit lantern?”

Eren grinned. “Just see, this is the alternative form of my spirit lantern: Travel Form!”

Eren tossed out the stick he’d been holding. It changed into a lantern. Eren chanted another spell. A flame orb appeared and lit the lantern.

The lantern produced smoke that covered them like a sphere. At first, their sights were obstructed. A minute later, the smoke sphere disappeared.

“We are now invisible and our smells are covered too. Unlike the normal form, I can’t maintain this for a long time. The spell will turn off in a half-day. Now, let’s go. We will be safer in our sect’s main base. You can meet your master and Reymond again.”

Allen imagined Mircalla’s cheerful smile and Reymond’s perverted look to her. He smiled.

As the others’ attention was focused on Grimfield’s fight, they escaped soundlessly. They went out of the defensive formation. Not far from there, Allen asked Eren to stop and wait.

Behind bushes, Allen’s undead minions appeared. He led them inside the invisible sphere. After they got in the wagon, the carriage continued the travel.

 

5