Chapter Twenty-Six – Training, Loss, And Pain
576 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was breathing heavily as I hid away in a hole in a tree and I could hear the scream of Eli as he was caught. I was covered in sweat and I felt so dirty. My hair wasn’t doing perfect either seeing as I am pretty sure there were leaves and twigs currently in it. 

  “Let see… My precious babies manage to catch one of you. I wonder who they will catch next~?” Drucilla sounded way too cheerful as her voice echoed in the forest we were currently in. I really didn’t understand why the first day of training was us basically running and hiding away from her pack of wolves, it didn’t make sense!

  How did I go from reading books in the library about my mom's home country with Colton to hiding away from a bunch of wolves and my weird aunt? This doesn’t make sense at all! Shouldn’t we just slowly do stuff to increase our skills, not some survival stuff!

  ‘Ugh! I think there is a bug in my shirt or is it snow? I don’t know but it feels so gross!’ I shiver as something goes down my back and I quickly reach inside of my shirt. I felt a bit better knowing it was just snow that was melting down my back and not some gross bug.

  I really tried to understand how this even happened in the first place… I was in the library reading some books with Colton. We slowly got closer (he would deny that if I told him this to his face.) and could maybe be seen as people who could probably get along in some situations. Eli was with me as well and he was very close to falling asleep.

  It wouldn’t be a problem if he wasn’t fully on me with his whole body as I was trying to read a book. He wouldn’t move at all no matter how much I nudge at him and I could really just lift him with my weak arms.

  “Hey, girly boy! If you aren’t here to read then leave! It is insulting to see someone just sleep instead of reading!” Colton slammed the book he was reading onto the table and glared at Eli who blinks away the sleep in his eyes.

  “I don’t want to leave… Aurelia is here and I am so scared of being in a place I don’t really know. Aurelia… Can’t I stay here with you? I promise not to do anything to bother you…” Eli was looking at me with big watery eyes and a pout. I didn’t know if he was doing it on purpose but his cuteness levels seem to increase by a lot at the moment. It made it hard to think clearly for a second.

  “HEY! STOP DOING THAT!” Colton's loud voice snapped me out of the daze I was in and for some reason, it seemed like Eli just clicked his tongue. I looked over to Colton whose face was red as he glared at Eli from behind his glasses.

  “What am I doing? I am just being myself. Aurelia, I am not doing anything bad am I?” Eli put his head on my shoulder as he looked up at me with those watery eyes again and I could feel all the common sense slowly leaving my head the longer I looked into his eyes.

  “Hey, you she-man! Quit getting all heart eyes towards that girly boy! Are you so simple that you will fall victim to someone whose appearance is slightly above average?!” I felt something hit my head and I looked toward Colton who looked like he was going to pass out from how red he was turning.

  “Aurelia is not a she-man! And even if she was it wouldn’t matter! She is perfect no matter what! Unlike you with that sharp tongue of yours! And you wonder why you don’t have any friends…” I don’t know why but it felt like Eli was taunting Colton as he spoke to him with a harsh tone.

“I don’t have friends because I don’t want to be friends with dumbasses! Why would someone as smart as me waste my time with someone who can’t even understand what I am saying?!” Colton crossed his arms over his chest as he looked away with a huff from Eli but I couldn’t help but notice he was looking at me every few seconds. He looked like he wanted me to say something.

  “Oh really? I see, then I am mistaken then. I guess it understandable that someone who isn’t as bright as everyone else would avoid having friends to hide that fact from everyone.” Eli had a cute smile on his face but it just felt so cold coming from him.

  “Say that again! I dare you!” Colton slammed his hands on the table once again and he was glaring so hard at Eli I was worried his glasses would melt from how harsh his glaring was. I was just left watching this happen as I still held a book I was reading in my hands.

  ‘...Weren’t we supposed to be reading?’ I couldn’t understand how this even happened. I just wanted to read up on the history of this country and now I am looking at these two argue with each other for no good reason. It is really hard being mentally older than people…

  “Hello~ Your cute and forever young auntie is here, Aury!” The door to the library slammed open and Drucilla walked in with a huge smile on her face. She didn’t even care about the fact she was being so loud in the library. Does anyone care about being quiet in a library anymore? Wait…

  “Who is Aury?” I felt really confused about who Drucilla was talking to. It couldn’t be me, right? Why would she call me Aury? That doesn’t make sense….

  “It's obviously your nickname, Aury! My cute niece needs a cute nickname afterall~ Do you love it? Of course you do!” Drucilla came over to me and started to pinch at my cheek with a smile on her face. I wasn’t used to getting this much attention from someone other than Mae, it was weird…

  “I don’t need a cute nickname, I am not a child.” I tap at the hand that was grabbing my cheek and when it let go of my cheek I then rub at my sore cheek with a frown on my face.

  “I am so worried about how serious you are. What if you get all dull like my baby brother. That would be so horrible…” Drucilla took out a handkerchief and pat at her dry eyes, pretending that she was tearing up. She stopped pretending when she saw I wasn’t falling for her trick.

  “Ahem, I came here for a reason. It is time for your training to begin! I know you are excited like me! Now time for you little cuties to change your clothes and meet me outside in the back. Bye-bye~!” Before Drucilla left she kissed me all over my face and booped my nose. I felt my face getting hot but I just ignored the feeling as I closed the book I didn’t even get to finish.

  “I am going to change my clothes and meet you guys outside.” I simply told Eli and Colton this before I left the library. Before I could get too far I felt someone grab my arm and when I looked at my arm I was being smiled at by Eli who started to rub his head onto my arm.

  “Can you please walk me to my room? I feel so nervous just going by myself, you know? Can you keep me safe, Aury?” Eli was talking to me in a cute voice and even called me by my new nickname. I really wanted to reject him but for some reason, I felt unable to do it when I looked into Eli's eyes.

  “I can take you to your room! We can see Aurelia later after we changed our clothes, okay?” Before I could react, Colton grabbed Eli off of me and started to drag them to their room. Eli looked to be struggling to escape Colton's hold as he looked at me with his puppy eyes.

  I just wave at him before heading to my room to change into clothes that would be suitable for training. When I reached my room and headed into it I noticed there were clothes on my bed. I walked over to see what they look like and it wasn’t something that I dislike.

  It was a loose black top that came along with a pair of loose trousers. I could see that there were knee-high leather boots that seem to be suited for running around. I changed into those clothes and put on those boots. I finally put my hair up into a high ponytail then finally headed out of my room.

  I walked to the back of the house and noticed that Erik was there first. He was wearing something similar to what I was wearing but had a blue top instead of a black one. He noticed me right away and the air grew tense between us.

  We just silently looked at each other, not saying anything to each other. What could I even say to him? We know nothing about each other, we were basically strangers even though we were siblings. There was a distance between us that seemed to grow every single day…

  I stopped looking at him and placed a hand on my magic stone around my neck. I felt a calming pulse coming from it and it made me forget about Erik who I was stuck with for an unknown amount of time. 

  “Aury~ You look so cool! I mean you always look cool but this time you look so perfect. You should totally wear your hair in a ponytail more often…” I was hugged suddenly from behind and when I looked behind me I saw a smiling Eli who also had his hair in a ponytail. He was wearing a cuter version of what I was wearing with a red top.

  “Quit hugging her! What are you? A baby or something, dumbass.” Colton walked over with his usual frown on his face but he wasn’t wearing his glasses. I assume he was wearing contact since it wouldn’t be smart if he did anything with his glasses and it ends up breaking. He was wearing a white top and gloves. He looked a bit cold but was trying very hard to not show it but he couldn’t hide his occasional shiver.

  “You just wish you could do this, dumbass…” I couldn’t hear what Eli whispered but it caused Colton to get red in the face fast and he looked ready to attack Eli. I could feel a headache appearing from their ongoing fight, I mean Eli wasn’t this bad with Sybil…

  “My goddess! You are looking stunning as always. I love how nice and soft your neck looks, Aurelia~” I could feel Merrill blow on my neck and I quickly turn around while covering my neck. I could feel goosebumps appearing on my skin and it didn’t help with the way Merrill was smiling at me. He was wearing a brown top that showed off his stomach. For some reason, it looked like it was cut...

  “So disgusting…” I couldn’t hide the disgust on my face or my voice as I looked at Merrill. I kind of wish I didn’t say anything since he got an excited look on his face and started to breathe heavily. He looked ready to grab at me and I got ready to kick him in the dick if he got even closer to me.

  “Now, now~ Let not start anything. We have to get along with each other. So let's be friends, okay?” Isaias showed up with his usual practice smile and I tried very hard not to roll my eyes at him. His top was blue just like Erik but he looked a bit more prince-like than Erik.

  “Shove it, faker.” I didn’t hide my dislike for Isaias and I could feel his cold eyes on me. I really don’t like a pretender like him at all. It just doesn’t give me good memories… I hate people like him, I hate them

  “You guys are finally here! Now it is time for us to start our first day of fighting! This is going to be so fun~” Drucilla appeared as well and I relaxed my hands that were in fists. I could feel something sticky on my palms but I just rub it on my trouser with an indifferent expression. Drucilla was wearing a crop top and a skirt that had tights under it. She had her hair in a ponytail as well but she topped it off with a big ribbon.

  “Ahem! Now for our first day of training, I am going to have you work on your stamina. You must be able to push yourself, like me! So there is a forest near this house that is used for training purposes. It was something created with magic so there may be some surprises in there for you so be careful!” Drucilla wink at us as she pointed at a forest that was nearby the house. 

  It had many trees and some of them were covered in snow. I could see some birds flying from the forest and a bunny that hopped through the forest. I didn’t know if there were more animals in there or something like that. I was also kind of curious about the surprise that would be in the forest.

  “Also… You may want to start running soon. My precious babies are going to be here real soon and you don’t want to get caught by them.” Drucilla had a mischievous smile on her face and I didn’t have a good feeling about this. I wanted to question her but she whistled before I could open my mouth.

  As soon as she did this I could hear something coming from somewhere in the house. I looked at the house with a raised eyebrow that quickly became both of my eyebrows once I saw a bunch of wolves running toward us.

  “What are you still doing here? Move those legs of yours! The moment my babies catch you then you are done for today. Let's see how long you guys will last!” Drucilla was smirking at us and I really was questioning if she was a bit of a sadist…

  Everyone started to run straight for the forest as the wolves behind us started to get closer to us. I didn’t look behind me since I knew it would mess up my running if I checked to see how close they were to me. As soon as I entered the forest I had to jump over a tree branch that was in front of me and struggle not to fall flat on my face.

  The forest we were in was even more huge now that we were in it. As I was quickly looking around the forest I realized that everyone else ran in different directions. I knew I had to get moving before the wolves caught up to me. I ran past a bunch of trees and I ended up tripping one time when I didn’t notice a rock that appeared in my path.

  I wipe at my face and spit out some dirt that got in my mouth. As I went to get up I could hear something from behind me. I quickly looked around me and crawled over to a hole in a tree. I went in it and tried not to make a noise when my hair got caught in the bark of the tree. I pulled really hard and I am pretty sure some of my hair came out.

  Now I am back to where I was in the beginning and I felt tired already. The wolves have already passed by my hiding place but I still waited a few minutes before going out of the hole I was in. As soon as I was out of the tree I heard the scream of Colton as he was caught as well.

  “Now I got two of you! This is rather quick, don’t you guys think? I thought this would be harder.” Drucilla sounded so disappointed as her voice echoed throughout the forest. I really was hating her at the moment but I kept on moving so I would get captured as well.

  My senses were completely heightened and I was on edge as I kept moving quickly past the countless trees and hiding quickly when I was sure I heard something coming near me. It had been a while and the only other person who got caught was Merrill so there were only three of us left at the moment.

  As I was resting against a tree, trying to catch my breath, I heard something quickly approaching me. I looked around me and saw a bush so I quickly jumped into it. I could feel myself getting cut up by the thorns in the bush but I didn’t try to make a noise as the noise went past me.

  When they were finally far enough I went to get out of the bush I was in but I quickly realized a problem… My hair was stuck and I couldn’t get out. I mean I could but I really didn’t want to pull out my hair so painfully.

  ‘Okay, don’t panic… It's fine. I can get out if I don’t struggle too much. I will be fine.’ I forced myself to calm down and I tried to move my arms to help me get my hair out but I realized I couldn’t move it too much either. I was basically trapped. 

  Even though I told myself not to panic I could feel my heartbeat increasing. I was stuck here and no one would find me. Who would find me? No one will come here for me. They don’t care at all. They never cared about me. It wasn’t my fault who my father was so why am I getting hated for it?

  I just want us to be family and get along with each other. Why do they hate me so much? Please someone help me! I am scared! Mommy! Please help me! I don’t like this! Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me. Help me.

  I don’t want to die! Someone help me! I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. I’m sorry for being born so please help me. 

“Aurelia! There you are. Are you stuck in there? Geez… Your hair is really stuck in there, isn’t it? I may have to cut it.” I was snapped out of the daze I was in when I heard Drucilla's voice. I could feel my eyes getting hot but I quickly forced myself not to cry.

  “I’m sorry but it seems like I may have to cut your hair. Please forgive me for this.” I could feel the bush I was in getting moved and I could feel my hair getting cut. After a few minutes, my hair suddenly felt lighter and I was pulled out of the bush. I was being held in Drucilla's strong arms and she was rubbing my back in a comforting way.

  “...Put me down… Please…” Even though I said that I was holding onto Drucilla tightly. She just gave me a hum as she ran her fingers through my hair, getting all the leaves and twigs out of my new short hair. She was walking out of the forest as she hums a random song and I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I tugged at her shirt when I realized we were getting closer to the entrance of the forest.

  “Okay, okay. I will put you down so I don’t embarrass you in front of your little friends.” Drucilla put me down and pat my head. I gave her a frown and went to walk out of the forest. I realize I was the last one out. I didn’t know if I should be proud or embarrassed for the reason why I was the last one out.

  “Aury! There you ar?… Your hair is short…?” Eli quickly noticed me and smiled at me but it quickly disappeared when he noticed my hair was short instead of long. I felt a bit awkward and messed with my new short hair.

  “You look so… pretty…” Eli was looking at me with a weird look in his eyes and he wouldn’t stop looking at my hair. I am pretty sure it was dirty and all that but he still thinks it looks pretty? He is so weird…

  “Yeah right. Her hair is a mess and shit! Sure short hair suits her but it doesn’t hide the fact her hair is a mess currently.” Colton had his usual frown on his face but he couldn’t stop looking at my short hair.

  “...I’m going to head inside and take a shower,” I said that before I quickly headed inside the house before anyone else could say anything about my new hair length. I didn’t feel nervous or anything like that. I just felt really dirty and wanted to sleep. 

  I got into the house and walked the usual path to my room. Once I got to my room and headed in I went straight to the bathroom and took a shower. After my shower, I looked in the mirror at my new short hair… It was a bit uneven since I still had long bangs but it was okay. I would probably have to fix it up…. with scissors…

  I really didn’t want to think about that so I just changed into my sleeping clothes and went to bed. I knew the person with the pretty eyes wouldn’t visit me today due to them telling me that yesterday so I was just going to sleep early. I also didn’t know how they would feel about me having shorter hair.

  With all these emotions going through me it took me a while to fall asleep. But I finally managed to drift off…

  I am being surrounded by my cousins again. They are going to mess with me again and no one will care. No one ever cares what happens to me… I am too scared to look at them and see their mocking smiles.

  “Hey, let's play hairstylist today! We are the workers and you are our client ▇▇▇▇▇.” I didn’t like the sound of that and went to run away from them but I was quickly grabbed by my cousins and held in place by them. I was forced onto my knees as one of my cousins walked over with such big and sharp scissors.

  “S-Stop it, please… I don’t want to play this game! Don’t cut my hair… Please don’t cut my hair!” I was crying now and screaming but one of my cousins just covered my mouth and I could hear all of them laughing at me. I wanted to run away when I saw how close the scissors were getting to me.

  “Now let see… How can we make you look better? Who am I kidding? Nothing can fix that.” My cousin holding the scissors laughed before grabbing at one of my pigtails. They cut at it and I could only watch as my hair fell to the ground. They went to grab my other pigtail and cut it as well but I couldn’t help but move my head.

  Then I felt pain…

  A burning sensation coming from my right ear…

  Why are my cousins screaming?

  It hurts… Why does it hurt? It really hurts so much…

  I don’t like this pain… Mommy… Please make this pain go away…

  What did I do wrong? I am sorry… I just want you to like me…

  Please stop being mean to me….

  It hurts…

  My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… My heart hurts… IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HURTS! IT HUR?!

  “It hurts…” I woke up a bit dazed but I couldn’t help saying that. I sat up in my bed with an empty feeling in my heart. I rubbed at my face and let out a heavy sigh… Wait, why am I still in pain?

  I quickly touch my right ear but it is normal. I am feeling confused about where the pain is coming from until I feel a peeing sensation from between my legs… A familiar sensation… I pulled back the covers of my bed and got out of my bed. The sensation between my legs got heavy and I saw a red spot on my bed.

 ...I got my first period and killer cramps… This sucks so much, I hate it with a passion. 

  ‘I have to change my sheets and take a shower… Great…’ I cover my face with both my hands and groan loudly as the pain from my period increases. This is such a great thing to deal with after a fucking dream like that. Damn it…


Chapter is done and ready! So I kind of gave you a bit of a hint of what Aurelia's original body looks like. Her right ear was cut and messed up when she was younger so she doesn't like scissors that much... I mean I had a fear when I was younger I would just cut my ear (the younger me really shouldn't have been trusted with scissor since the very first time I use them I cut my hair... I mean I was curious to see if it could do it!). Also period thing... I had my period when I was younger and it was fucking weird as hell. Blood just coming out of nowhere but at least I didn't get cramps during my first period... I decided to make Aurelia have a period because it weird in other stories they don't bring it up. Like it is still happening and it fucking sucks man. Also quick thing for you guys, I may edit some of my old chapters (mostly because a close friend of mine is now reading my story and I am nervous about them not liking it...) so you may notice some changes but it won't happen right away since that shit will take a long ass time. 

Spoiler

Aurelia

[collapse]

Also I drew Aurelia and I kind of hope you like it... That all!

 

12