Chapter 6
9.7k 44 218
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I want to see my brother!" Lily Beryldot, the younger sister of Naell, pleaded persistently.

Sebastian's smile looked older as he wasn't able to sleep comfortably in the passing days. The black circles under his eyes were more prominent than it used to be.

"Little one, your brother is still resting."

On rare occasions, newly awakened mages will be unconscious after feeling the ocean like flow of mana that their minds and bodies aren't yet familiar with. Some mages will be overwhelmed by it and will be unconscious until such time their bodies will adjust.

Lily's eyes had traces of tears that made it seem like she had been crying for weeks.

"Please Grandpa, let me see my brother!"

Sebastian could only smile once more. He remembered how Lily cried upon seeing her brother who was not just unconscious but also had very apparent changes.

Sebastian had rushed Naell to their mansion after his awakening. Baron Fharom was glad and shocked upon seeing his son. He nostalgically remembered Alicia from his son's apparent transformation. Lilia and her daughter Lily were also shocked, but their concern over Naell overwhelmed their other emotions.

"Lily, listen to Elder Sebastian. We can always go back when your brother is awake." Lilia was comforting her Lily, as she looked towards Sebastian and the door.

Glancing at them, Sebastian couldn't help but notice how Lilia's face was full of concern and sadness.

 

*******

 

Naell slowly opened his eyes as he heard the voices coming from outside his door. He wasn't wearing a shirt and saw that his body became paler than before.

'Hmmm, I'm still daydreaming.' Naell thought as he tried to recall how he got in his bed.

The last memory of Naell had been the pain he felt and the light that overwhelmed his sight as he blacked out.

'Did I awaken?' Naell asked himself as he could not determine. His body seemed lighter and felt sensitive to his surroundings, yet his insides felt heavier though he knew he felt normal.

Naell got up as he heard the voices clearer upon being awake. He felt light-headed but it was manageable as he walked. As he opened the door, he saw three people flinch with concerned faces that quickly changed into happy smiles.

"Good morning."

Lily immediately ran towards Naell to hug him. She was already getting used to her brother's new appearance.

Their Mom, Lilia Beryldot, and her sweet voice had a higher pitch than usual. Her hair was a little messy compared to her usual kempt hair.

"It is actually noon now, Naell."

Naell nodded both to Sebastian and his mother, Lilia as he patted his sister's hair.

"How long was I out?" He immediately got the idea that he was unconscious for some time, seeing his sister tears upon seeing him.

Naell caught Sebastian's apologetic gaze hidden under his smile.

"...1 week."

.

.

.

When Naell decided to try the book's method of manual awakening he knew the possibility of fainting--- yet that was why he was shocked.

In the book, Viola Lumiheal, the main heroine of the book, Arts and Magic was only unconscious for 2 days when she awakened her light magic. That was the longest record in the book.

He didn't know Viola's growth physically, which was in the book, was due to her awakening. On a rare occasion, newly awakened mages have some sort of alteration through their body because of their spirit becoming one with their mana. Either change occurs in the color of their eyes, the build-up of one's muscle or even the way they speak. This kind of awakening makes the mages who go through it lose his/her consciousness.

'But 1 week is just too long. Is it because I made Sensei extract and use the remaining mana of my mother?'

Sarah W. Star and Viola Lumiheal inserted their light mana to force the mana core of Andrew to work since he had the element of light. But because Naell did not know his elemental magic, he did not dare to do it.

When Naell saw the three making concerned faces, he decided not to think about it and just smiled while acting like it was not important.

"...It doesn't really matter how long I was out but I'm kinda hungry."

Sebastian and Lilia then looked at each other. They were hesitating to say the words that he needed to hear. Naell then sensed their hesitation, so he smiled once more and approached them closer while Lily followed suit.

"Mother, Sensei, is something wrong?"

Sebastian and Lilia flinched. On the other hand, Lily was just glad and happy knowing her brother was ok. Even if his appearance changed, he was still her brother. So she tugged her brother's hand, brightly smiled and said,

"Brother, your hair is white!"

.

.

.

Naell upon regaining consciousness went through multiple shocks, and was even more so with what his sister told him. He saw his mother and Sebastian smiling awkwardly while looking at him.

When Sebastian felt Naell's gaze, he let out a dry cough while patting his shoulder.

"Ahem, your eyes... Nevermind that... this change suits you better."

Lilia with a warm gaze and tender voice as to console his son's confusion patted his hair.

"Why don't you prepare first and join us for dinner?"

After excusing himself, Naell went back to his room to prepare.

After taking a bath, he wore a white polo shirt and black pants. After many glances in the mirror, he still couldn't believe what he was seeing.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6a64734b345f63587359764e43413d3d2d3932393532363834372e313639306563646137653862636137613433313039323931343737302e706e67        

 

What should have been his deep black hair, turned into a white silver-like color. The almond-like eyes turned into brightly shining rubies.

Naell's appearance by then could easily be mistaken as a vampire, a rare demi-human race that resided in the Northern Continent. They were well known for their special gift, either their aura or the magical control of blood.

'This appearance will surely attract trouble. Maybe that's why Alic---Mother was always in the center of battle.' Recalling the book in the library that listed Alicia's notable battles, Naell could only furrow his eyebrows as he sighed thinking troubles would surely come in his way.

'I will surely live a peaceful life away from the main story!' Naell repeated those words to strengthen his resolution as he made his way to the dining table. He was too distracted to see how the maids and employees were looking at him differently. It seems that the changes amplified his already good-looking appearances.

The dinner consisted of sweet ripe fruits such as apples and peaches, sweet pure honey for freshly brewed coffee, hot baked potatoes, and roasted chicken. Other nobles might have thought their dinner was lacking, but for Naell, it was quite grand. On Earth, he had to work hard to provide for himself. As for his family, the noble Beryldot, who were virtuous whilst instead of pursuing extravagant things, aimed to help their people.

When Baron Fharom heard that his son fainted, he was calmer than his wife and daughter since he knew that there were special cases like Naell. Nevertheless, he was worried so seeing his son awake and happily eating, made him truly relax.

"Son, congratulations on your awakening. My only wish is for you to inherit Alicia's legacy and be worthy as her son."

Naell caught his father's cloudy eyes. The sharp voice of a noble Baron had turned into an emotional man symbolizing a father. To respond, he stood up as he placed his right hand on his chest responding to his father's warm gaze.

"I will no longer bring shame to my family. I promise from the bottom of my heart."

Seeing his father's approving nod and smiling face, he sat again and enjoyed the food. The company of his family and the peaceful afternoon, truly was a peaceful way to live his life.

After lunch, Sebastian and Naell stood up to excuse themselves, so they could start his training.

"Son, you have four months to train your mana. Be diligent and patient." Baron Fharom cautiously reminded his son, both of the date of the examination and that the virtue of hard work would surely pay off.

Naell nodded and agreed while he smiled and bowed down to his father. He then proceeded to pat his sister's hair that rewarded him with her cute giggle.

Naell also went and bowed down to his mother, Lilia. As to respond, she then put her right hand to his cheek as she smiled warmly while she clenched her other hand saying,

"Fighting!"

Naell could only think of how similarly cute his mother and sister were as he and Sebastian walked towards their destination.

218