Chapter 65
2.6k 14 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

As the prickling sensations were felt even by the normal merchants, such was also the case with the far more sensitive animals.

The horses squealed and snorted, tails swishing back and forth, followed by their incredibly frantic movements.

Immediately, the knights and the coachman proceeded to calm them down, yet even they were under pressure from the lurking heaviness.

Still, thanks to that, a certain someone avoided the fate of vomiting.

Noon had just arrived when they stopped amidst the road, knowing they were only halfway between Taglagas and the nearest eastern estate, Noeadia.

To their far south was the Grassy pond, a now restricted area as monsters have been more rampant after the Yeti incident.

“What’s happening?!” Said one of the merchants who shortly exited the carriage; followed by Utua, the other nobles, the prince's envoy and the prince himself, Enitma Summer.

"Greetings to the Princess of Autumn and the Prince of Summer!" Declared one of the knights as he bowed, giving the queue for all of them to do the same.

Their respectful display earned them a smile from the princess, meanwhile the prince instantly brushed off their greetings as he asked the same question.

"What's happening?"

"Your highness... a horde of monsters is approaching..."

Although it was true they had prepared themselves for unforeseen events, none of them could avoid feeling wary upon hearing the knight.

Even more so was the case for those who lacked the ability to detect monsters. Thus the knights who scouted the area earlier, could only fall on their knees and apologize.

“We’re sorry! The path was safe earlier when we first surveyed the land!”

“Earlier huh… how could this have happened.” Said the princess who was also feeling a bit alarmed.

Not only were the monsters fast approaching, it was clear their numbers were numerous as they got closer and closer.

"Couldn’t we just go back?" Asked one of the envoys of the prince.

However, the princess immediately shook her head, while the prince himself replied,

"I'm afraid the horses are too frightened to move at all."

The envoys could only squirm in fear, especially when April Cadar unwittingly added fuel to the fire,

"It's too late for that. As we have sensed them, they have already sensed us.”

"..."

Aive Noeadia sighed at her junior for the unnecessary comment. Her face seemed calm and collected, yet there were hints of worry. The mobs were afterall near her estate.

The princess, seeing that, patted her shoulder, and said to her reassuringly,

"This is nothing to worry about Aive."

The baroness’ daughter nodded in response, yet just as her spirits began to be lifted, the mass of bull-like creatures began to come into view.

“A stampede of Wildetaurs…”

The horned creatures were close relatives of the powerful Minotaur, yet unlike their cousin, wildetaurs are completely mindless.

Even so, this C-rank monster was widely avoided, due to them being aggressive and territorial in nature.

“I suggest that the princess, prince and his envoy should go now and remain in the carriage!”

The moment Septh said those words, several wildetaurs roared as they all began running towards them.

Seeing this, Septh quickly instructed the knights to form a shield in front of the nobles’ carriage.

Truly C-rank monsters on their own pose no threat, yet hordes of wildetaurs are known for their ability to take down higher ranked monsters.

With their horns and bull-like figure, they rely on brute force to clash and strike down anything in their path.

That was why, all of them were shocked when Naell with his beast companion, Owly, immediately walked towards the direction of the charging monsters.

No matter how tempted he was to turn around and let the others swiftly take charge, his very core prevented him from doing so.

'Mindless beings…'

He then recalled an incredible moment in a film he once watched; the moment where the brave female warrior ran towards a flock of fearsome huns.

‘That was awesome.’ He thought, before recalling how incredible the film’s soundtrack was.

Just when he was about to forgo everything and sing to his favorite track, he stopped as everyone’s intentions came flooding in; fear, urgency, and the dependency on bloodshed.

'This isn’t right.'

Casper, who was a few feet away from the young master, was watching. The look on Naell's face was something he was all too familiar with.

“Ah, how nostalgic…” He said as he crossed his arms.

Just by that alone, he realized what Naell was planning. In truth, the others had the ability to do what he was about to do, yet they wouldn't as that was their natural law.

"You haven't really changed, Naell."

Somehow Naell’s heart started beating faster just by seeing the smoke trailing behind the monsters.

He then held out his staff as he telepathically said in an upbeat fashion.

• Mages are known for their aoe’s afterall. •

• You’re saying something confusing again, HOOT. •

• I’m hyping myself up. •

"..."

Their conversation came to a stop as Naell’s mana shone brightly. He then began to create multiple cannons out of fortified snow, with the ground beneath each artillery changing into pure white.

He then swiftly made a gesture to which glistening strands of his mana followed. The cannons then fired off simultaneously shooting out dense snowballs coated in his blaring mana.

The wildetaurs growled in an attempt to express dominance, facing the magic induced snowballs head-on.

Yet with every hit, they began shrieking and turned tail with haste.

Lesjon then sighed as he watched, a cold smile plastered across his face.

“Well, let's just wipe out the rest of them.”

As he said that, his famous scythe was summoned and his mana surged along with it.

‘’Monsters have been really weird lately.” Septh exclaimed.

It was now his turn to show off as he poofed out his staff. Its long black wood appeared with an air of elegance, and sapphire stones glistened from both its ends.

‘Elven wood.’ Naell thought as he glanced towards Septh and Lesjon, both of which seemed energetic and raring for a fight.

Seeing them, his face turned expressionless without intending to do so.

Yet those who saw him excluding the princess, and the lovey dovey couple, clearly misunderstood him.

To the others, his face was unnerving, with no care for the dangers looming around him.

That was why those who were frightened just moments ago, felt reassured knowing they were in capable hands.

As the battle continued, the monsters who were hit by Naell's snow magic immediately retreated, all of which seemed to have a hint of white fog lingering from them.

Those who managed to dodge his skills and were brave enough to proceed towards them, were apprehended and killed by the adventurers, knights and noble companions.

That was why it didn’t even take that long for them to end the battle.

Loud cheers and applause were directed at them, yet it stopped when Naell returned to their carriage. His eyes were cold and void of emotion.

Upon seeing him, some had murmured how that probably wasn’t enough to quench his hunger for blood, others even questioned why they were worried in the first place.

“He’s really strong that kid.’’ Said Septh as he approached Lesjon and Casper.

“Strong but naive.” Replied Lesjon as he smiled with Casper nodding at his sentiment.

It was clear to both of them how Naell had a needless sentiment for the mindless monsters who were slain.

.

.

.

After that encounter, it took them 2 hours to finally arrive at Noeadia. They were then warmly welcomed by the Baroness.

Naell admittedly was surprised as he expected an old woman decorated with jewels and the like.

Yet the one that received them was a simple lady who looked to be in her 30’s. She wore a simple dress with an outer garment pridefully showing their sigil; a piece of jewelry within a sun.

“Welcome to my humble abode, princess, young masters and miss.’’

“Thank you for welcoming us Auntie. These are my companions." She respectfully said as she gestured towards Naell and the others.

Aive Noeadia then bowed towards her mother as she said,

"I'm home."

In turn, the Baroness hugged her daughter. They felt the warmth of their reunion and couldn’t help but marble at their resemblance.

While both of them looked to have a strict personality, it was apparent from their eyes that both of them were genuinely caring people.

For a while Utua waited not wanting to interrupt the wholesome scene, but upon the arrival of their guests, she then added on,

"And these are our guests, Auntie. Dear merchants, and the 3rd prince of the Republic, Enitma Summer."

Once again, they all bowed down toward his presence. In which he once again shrugged it off. He then insisted right away as he said,

“Please, there’s no need.”

Naell noticed right away how the princess’ face was the complete opposite of the prince’s.

From his calm personality, to his smile that was pleasant to look at, Enitma Summer was what Owly would call,

• A chad, HOOT! •

"..."

Unlike the autumn colored hair of Taglagas, the royal household of the Republic mostly had reddish hair. With their tanned skin and golden brownish eyes, Naell could only agree with Owly.

“I’m merely a decoration compared to the nobility here.” Yet when he said those words, both he and Owly saw a smile that was genuinely devoid of emotion.

• A yandere, HOOT? •

• It was one time Owly, one time! •

It wasn’t a secret to anyone that the nobles of Summer had no real power, by then they were merely figureheads of the past.

Unlike the country of Christmas that truly abolished their nobility, the King of the South was the one who chose to create the government that enabled its people to rule the country,

It happened not long ago, just one of the many aftermaths of the War of the Continent.

Still, as figure heads, they were beloved by their citizens and were able to retain some power they held.

• Well, his grandsons aren’t happy with the abolishment, HOOT. •

• They should be happy though, being rich without responsibility. •

Owly didn’t even say a word and had not even batted an eye to Naell.

Deep inside, he knew what was wrong with Naell’s response, yet he was already corrupted by the young master of Beryldot. In truth, even he seemed to feel that the freedom to do nothing was something he’d also enjoy.

73