Chapter 92
1.6k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hours had already passed since Naell's silly yet somehow memorable awakening. The warmth from outside had altered the temperature in their room to be perfect. Overall, it combatted the cold [ aerial-conditioning ] that was magically casted indoors.

In truth, he couldn't be happier to know that all was actually well upon waking up. Especially upon asking about Rinca's situation, he was greeted with pleasant news of her recovery.

'The events took a toll on her, but I'm glad she just needs rest.' Naell thought to himself in the peace of his room.

He and his many friends and visitors chatted whilst he'd been trying to recuperate. All that had certainly tested his social stamina, yet in a way he felt comforted by their presence. Other than that, all was well for Naell, as he could push to the back of his mind his inner turmoil.

"..."

Although it would have all been better if those friends of his were his last visitors.

Naell held in the urge to face palm as the King of Taglagas and some high-ranking nobles arrived in his room.

"For your patriotism!" The jumpscare-like boisterous voice of a distinguished noble echoed throughout the room and halls.

"We, the nobles of the Autumn Kingdom under King Nohad Taglagas --- blessed be his reign and forever with peace ---."

[ Blessed be his reign and forever with peace! ]

Andrew and the rest, like Naell, were bewildered by their sudden visit.

It was just when they were about to leave when they were greeted by the knights. They were then asked to remain, as the King and nobles wished to express their gratitude to all of them alongside Naell--- afterall their acts truly deserved such.

Thus, they all stayed for the grandiose visitors. The booming voice then continued,

"--- offer the youth in our midst, gratitude, for not just displaying an act of service to the people, but also protecting the very peace we swore to Uphold."

Naell released a sigh. Finally, he could res---

"Under the Celestial's providence and under our oath of---"

"..."

The long and repetitive sentences occupied a good portion of their time. Yet none complained as the words held no contempt.

Not to mention, the one speaking was one of the high councilors of Taglagas; with eyes filled with nothing but true gratitude towards them, it made it all bearable.

"Therefore, we would like to bless you all with medals in the coming week, after you are all well-rested."

When they heard that, they were stumped, and immediately their faces turned into embarrassment. It was an honor afterall to get a medal for their heroic deed.

Yet guessing correctly, they all glanced at who they knew was most affected by that statement. Sure enough, Naell, whose face was blank a while ago, now looked like a petrified statue.

For a while, his frozen state lingered. Only when the nobles began to take their leave did Naell finally stop them in their tracks with his voice,

"Excuse me but..."

His words thereafter surprised them, making the chorus of all utter in unison,

[ Eh? ]

.

.

.

It had been weeks since the incident in Taglagas had occurred. Specks of the tragedy could still be seen in the school, especially for those who had lost someone dear to them. Nevertheless, all of them were bravely facing that day.

A small parade was made in honor of the deceased and the people who contributed a lot in saving many lives. Turning the event into a short festival that made the mood softer.

Bards gathered together to sing about the townsfolk's memories of their beloved, with all carefully making sure to sing with a vibrant tune to lift spirits.

At the center of the streets, petals and beautiful garlands were laid, paving the way for the large parade floats carved by great artisans.

Holding onto the railings of the floats' platforms were alchemists, carrying bags of blank magic-infused paper to give to the bereaved.

It was a long yet rare running tradition within Taglagas, as every time it was held, it meant a great tragedy had occurred. Yet this time, it was lighter on the Kingdom's hearts, as greater destruction had been prevented.

The magical papers the townsfolk held were called manauras-papyrus. There, they could write letters to loved ones who've passed, with the intention of offering a heartfelt message through mana or aura.

Upon throwing the paper into the air, the manaraus-papyrus would then eventually light up and fade into the sky, dispersing and returning to its original form.

This symbolized that all who pass away will return to the world in their rest. Thus forever being a part of Mundo and never truly leaving their loved ones.

None would dispute the validity of it, as it had lasted eons. Afterall, Taglagas was once the rumored gathering place of celestials.

"It's probably not far from the truth that Esuela Dio sa De held Taglagas' culture together."

The King, Odino Thortono, Earlteria Gem, and other nobles alike, unanimously made the decision to hold the event as soon as they could. Likewise, everyone behind that festivity also played a role in the awarding soon to occur.

None could argue, it was a display of harmony, the complete opposite of what the terror known as the pieces of Lucile, would have intended to create.

By the time the floats had passed, each citizen had moved onto the town square, where a great stage had been set for the awarding ceremony.

In that moment, the sun shone on Andrew and the rest's slightly crestfallen faces, yet they stood tall to express their thanks for the shining medals hanging from their necks.

None of them could deny their mixed emotions. On one hand, they were really happy, yet the one who truly saved the school, they assumed, was probably at the clinic sleeping with Owly.

"This doesn't feel right..." Said Namiku who was receiving both Naell and Rinca's medals in their stead. The rest of the protagonist and Utua's party could only try to shed jokes and liven up the mood for one another.

In the back of their heads Rinca, who was now conscious, was still bedridden with the injuries she sustained. Meanwhile, Naell, who seemingly had the "same condition" was also not able to come.

Thankfully, the joyous shouts of the people and their smiles were able to give some relief.

[ To think we have young heroes in our midst. ]

[ Hooray for the Magic Swordsman! ]

"..."

[ Hooray for young master Naell, may he recover soon! ]

[ Hooray for young miss Rinca, may she recover soon! ]

[ May they recover soon! ]

"..."

Only those who had been with Naell knew what really had transpired.

"Then please as a favor don't give me a medal."

King Nohad could not help but still chuckle when he remembered how Naell refused to be awarded. Luckily after bargaining, they had managed to say it would merely be a small ceremony, to which the young master of Beryldot reluctantly agreed.

Yet who would have thought that Naell would manage to find an excuse that even the King of Taglagas could only accept.

"To recuperate...and that reason has my daughter and both of your approvals..."

Odino Thorton and Earlteria just laughed. When Naell indeed asked them for that favor, they had no reason to refuse. In fact, they found it really funny that he truly resembled his father and mother in that aspect.

"A brain to find the smallest excuse and a tardiness to boot!"

Little did they know while all of that was happening, Naell and Owly were bantering once more in the clinic, with the greatest vigor as they threw phrases back and forth.

 

Announcement

Check the characters of Volume 1 - 2 at the patreon post here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/updated-vol-2-65136761?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copy_to_clipboard&utm_campaign=postshare

The post is titled "Character Portraits WiP" Under the "Arts" tag at patreon.com/nezothecat

We hope you guys liked the chapter and have a nice day ' w')/

46