Chapter 96
1.4k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the morning arose, Naell and Owly toured their family (Lilia and Lily) around Taglagas. They opted for the places where tourists would frequently go, yet since it was still early, some establishments had not yet opened.

Thus they decided to first head off to sceneries situated in the centermost circle, where the nobles resided. There the grandiose mansions, innovative structures, and well-built estate took the two ladies' breaths away.

Not long after, they set foot in EDSD where reconstruction was still taking place. Remnants of the debris caused by the invasion were still apparent, yet the enticing appearance of the school remained.

By then the vibrant brick walkways circling the campus had been fully restored, as students and staff roamed and brought a sense of normalcy. Both mother and daughter were in complete awe, as compared to the school in Beryldot, it was undeniable EDSD was above and beyond.

They soon proceeded to have their breakfast in the school cafeteria. Owly did often brag about its food, thus it was one of the many things Lily looked forward to during their visit.

"Aunt Andrea would love this place!" Said Lily while drinking her hot chocolate.

She was really impressed with how the food lived up to her expectations, and the same went for Lilia who couldn't help but hum in delight.

Both ladies ordered food that was borderline fit for nobility; caramel cinnamon rolls paired with green tea for the mother and blueberry pancakes for the little lady.

As for Naell, the usual; hot coffee with finely toasted bread and a poached egg. Finally, for Owly, a filling breakfast dish called Tapsilog.

It was a dish consisting of dried cured beef, garlic rice, and a sunny-side-up egg. It was a worthy addition to the bird's long list of favorites.

"She would, but I'm certain Andrew will bring her here soon." Replied Lilia to which all of them agreed while stuffing their faces with the hearty meals.

Little did they know, the said protagonist party and Andrea Sunheart, were in that moment raiding a dungeon- alas, that is a story for another time.

After their breakfast, they were joined by Captain Estra and his knights. They all then went to the town square located in the inner circle and were greeted with the scene of bustling residents.

The population of merchants and scholars made their eyes twinkle. It was far more formal and business-like compared to the esteem stall system of Beryldot.

After that, they went shopping which was far too unexpected simply because it was Naell's idea. Even Owly was flabbergasted as who would have thought, the young master of Beryldot would prompt a shopping spree.

In a matter of seconds, the ladies came to terms with the surprise, especially when Naell paid for it all. They had merely forgotten just how rich he was considering he often bought simple clothes.

To Naell's defense, wearing clothes that were similar in color and looks would save him the hassle of choosing what to wear.

"..."

Still, even Owly who often went nude telepathically said to him,

• Your fashion sense is boring, HOOT! •

"I don't want to hear that from someone who doesn't even wear pants!"

• I'm covered with feathers, HOOT! •

"...I'm just trying to be like Steve Jobs."

• Steve without the Jobs since you hate working so much, HOOT (☞゚ヮ゚)☞. •

All of them agreed as they laughed. Even Naell knew he lost that battle.

What made it more annoying was how Owly was acting so haughty, sneering at him. Because of that, Naell retaliated as he then said,

"Your fashion sense must be geared towards winter-wear since all that fat keeps you warm."

That momentarily stunned both ladies and Owly.

"Naell!"

"Brother!"

It was also the first time Lilia and Lily scolded the young boy, yet at that moment, he knew he had won that war.

The succeeding banters, all halted with the shopping they had done. From clothes, and accessories to even gifts for Fharom and Sebastian, their "scavenging" ultimately lasted like a lifetime.

Luckily, upon hearing the words "sweet" and "lunch" they all decided that was enough shopping for that day.

"Thank you, brother and Owly for touring us." Said Lily with a voice that was sweeter than the dessert they were eating.

In response, Owly HOOTED for joy while Naell smiled and patted her hair. That made Lily giggle in a way that was cuter than the shop they were currently eating at.

Needless to say, it was a restaurant that Owly and Naell often ventured to. So they knew the food there was actually delicious.

"Thank you Naell, next time I'll bring your father and we'll stay much longer," Lilia said, earning her approval not just from the trio but also from the knights who were with them.

After lunch, they decided to head outside Taglagas, and spar a little; bringing along a picnic blanket, assorted teas, and sweets.

Some would say that was quite dangerous, but as long as one stayed within the radius of where soldiers still roamed, it was arguably safe.

Further, it was necessary as Naell had promised his little sister to stop along the way and finally show them the origin of the flower he had given her.

In one of his letters, he claimed it came from a beautiful field of flowers, and so they had to venture to a well-kept ethereal location fitting his description.

Only Owly knew the truth behind the hand-picked-from-the-school-garden flower, and with a hefty bribe, the bird was cooperative and became his accomplice.

"It's so beautiful!" both Lily and Lilia exclaimed, all the while admiring the large field of gossamer flowers before them. It was a completely natural gift of nature, and there they were taking in the full mystical view.

Roses, lilies, and various kinds of blooming flowers spread into the horizon. Each gust of wind wafted gently as the breeze carried a fragrance so soothing, that it had the potential to lull anyone to sleep.

Trees sprouted in places so perfectly distant from one another; one could enjoy its relaxing shade while admiring the place's beauty from any angle.

"Wow."

"Incredible."

"Yup better than the school's— I mean yup this is the one we are talking about, HOOT."

With a whistle said Owly, who began to show he was not really a good liar. Then again, considering his age, Naell could only be understanding.

Truly their time there was well spent. To seal the deal, Naell with his quick thinking made use of gentle wind magic, picking some flowers delicately in the same manner he had picked the golden apples.

Had the fairies seen him now, they would remember just how great Naell's control was, further they'd appreciate how he still possessed the wonderful quality of greatly caring for nature.

Even Lilia, who had no inkling of knowledge regarding the intricacies of magic, knew how gentle Naell was while picking the most beautiful flowers for Lily.

She smiled at how soothing everything was around her. Her son was like a prince in that very field, and oh how she wished she could capture that moment in a portrait.

Upon ending their visit to the field of flowers, Lily and Naell sought out a clear location in which they would spar.

As they did so, the knights, Lilia and Owly, were enjoying the food and drinks they brought.

Further, since neither of the siblings wished to at all cause any damage, Naell and Lily were only sparring lightly.

Throughout the duel, his sister attacked him with great speed in her magic, yet the young master of Beryldot negated everything with ease. This had shocked the rest of them who had not seen the white-cored mage's abilities in a while.

All of them did know of Naell's ingenuity and had witnessed this long before. Yet seeing his improvement made them realize just how talented he truly was.

"You're way too strong brother!" Said Lily with exhaustion apparent on her face. Her spell [ Void ] was once again deflected by deep water-looking magic.

Naell in response smiled and dodged the swing of her sword. He knew why Lily was insisting on using that incantation. [ Void ] was an intermediate, almost complex spell.

What it did, as its name suggested, was seal mana and aura in a certain place. Yet to do so, the spell must make contact and cover the entirety of the targeted spot.

That was why it was theoretically effective magic with the likes of Lily who wielded a sword. In fact, Naell was impressed as her sister was like a magic knight.

"Darkness heed my call— [ Nightingale ] Upon her incarnation, Lily summoned what seemed to be a beast akin to the so-called Phoenix.

Yet instead of its token fiery flame-like characteristics, it had a massive compelling gravitational force in its dark misty aura. Upon her commanding slash, the fearsome magic then charged at Naell.

But who could expect that Naell would be so cruel to his sister? Cheekily he then grinned and positioned himself like a catcher, all before he took hold of the bird with his bare hands, and finally froze the entire magic itself.

"...hua..." The sound emitted from the tired little lady. As the frozen Nightingale dispersed into the air, the sounds of claps emerged from everyone.

It was then followed by the cheerful voice of Lily,

"WAh that was soo cool!" 

Announcement

Check the characters of Volume 1 - 2 at the patreon post here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/updated-vol-2-65136761?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copy_to_clipboard&utm_campaign=postshare

The post is titled "Character Portraits WiP" Under the "Arts" tag at patreon.com/nezothecat

We hope you guys liked the chapter and have a nice day ' w')/

42