Chapter 119
439 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement

Hey everyone!  We'd like to take the time to give a huge thank you to all our patrons,

juan sandoval, Aly-Bocar Cisse, Arispe Aaron, Vat0si7, Naveen, Matthew Hankins, Zonker Harris, tj oram, KONSTANTINOS ANDREAS THEMAS, LapisLazuli, Tyler H, Payfortunate, Uyr Da, Brandon LeBoeuf, Evelyn Antoinette, Bonobo, Mordie, and Danielle Warvel.

You're all very cool and we appreciate the support!! 

Thank you as well to all of you reading TNBS regardless of where you're reading it.

Hoping you all stay safe, hydrate, and enjoy this week's chapter '  ')/

It took a while before Naell and Pheonix ended their conversation about the past. The things he had heard were quite shocking, especially about the old Mundo, and the lore he never heard about his lineage.

By then, Naell was brimming with curiosity. Truly he wanted to know a lot maore, however as much as he wanted to continue, he could see that Phoenix needed to rest some more.

Although he could more or less feel her vast power, she was still physically too weak and exhausted to fully control her magic.

Even her appearance was no different from a frail child- or like his sister Lily whenever she was still awake way past her bedtime.

That was why it was kinda hard to believe that from her boasting just moments ago, she used to be a “huge feathery bird” that could transform into a “grown woman.”

Naell could only apologize as he knew he had caused her to expend even more energy than needed, she did afterall save him.

“Don’t be, it was my choice. I just still need sleep.” Replied Phoenix, yet as she gazed at her burnt yet cold nest, she sighed.

Naell too looked at the nest infront of him. It was certainly spacious and appropriate for a being as strong as Pheonix, knowing by the time she’d recover, her large stature would need the extra room.

However, its cold barren look only made him imagine her years in isolation, and also reminded him of his past.

There was also a time on Earth when Naell himself felt utterly alone. It was after the death of his parents.

Not once did he feel any warmth from his relatives. It was even to the point that he felt as if his presence was not even acknowledged.

And even in Mundo, there were times when he would dream of the old Naell; in every scenario, his loneliness was more apparent than anything. Which was odd to him as he expected to feel at least some desire for vengeance, yet it never really showed.

Phoenix spoke once more, not noticing Naell’s distant look, “Although, I wasn’t really supposed to wake up. What’s been happening in the world has been triggering my magic.”

That alone was enough to bring him back to reality. A feeling of dread then overcame him as his thoughts began to race.

Since Pheonix’ flames were a sign of her awakening, and it only came about recently, Naell had reason to believe that none of the disastrous events that happened before the fires triggered her magic.

Knowing this, it appeared that the fairies, the terrorism, and even the dungeon didn’t in any way contribute to her awakening; since if they did, the flames of that mystical being before him would have appeared much earlier on.

Thus Naell grasped one final thought; he knew there was a certain gathering of beings that were involved with the good celestials, and whose situation was completely unknown to him at that very moment.

Snapping out of his second trance, Naell finally asked with a heavy gaze, “...Could it be the death of a guardian?”

Phoenix’ eyes widened and showed their crimson hue even more. Naell surprised her with the dreadful thought, still, she managed to smile meekly and dismissively say, “That’s unlikely, but… perhaps a forced passing of guardianship.”

It was inevitable that Naell wanted to ask further on what she meant, but with her human appearance slowly growing cloudy, he knew her time was up. Therefore, he then asked the drowsy-looking lady, “What are you gonna do now?”

For a split second, as he saw Phoenix about to say her response, an image of Lily staring alone at the nest entered his mind. With that, Naell quickly said before the other could even speak…

.

.

.

The night loomed in the forest of Lagupa with a cold breeze permeating the trees. It had enveloped the beings that were flying and walking while surveying the land.

With sounds of distress scattered around the twinkling of stars and deep lunar lights, it was a bustling evening filled with worries.

  • Where are you …Noob! -

Telepathically called Owly. He, the knights of Taglagas, and the tribe of Pegasus were still looking for Naell Beryldot.

He could still vividly remember how it all came about too fast; as the random flames seemingly vanished, and at the same time, Naell’s mana became untraceable.

Many had tried to dig in the forest near where he disappeared yet only thick roots of trees presented themselves. Not even a burnt scent nor ash was present.

Although that assured them that Naell was more or less safe from fire. Yet the possibility of him being with the pieces of Lucille weighed on everyone's mind.

The guild was already made aware, and Taglagas had already been informed. This only made Owly panic as he knew they would need to report it to Naell’s parents eventually.

As he flew, thoughts of the distraught faces of Lily, Lilia, and Fharom heavily burdened his mind. He knew that if the sun came up and Naell still had not been found, the probability of him appearing would lessen. Thus his mind raced as quickly as he searched.

Kent could not even comfort him nor say a single word of reassurance as they flew together. He could only ask for forgiveness as they were the ones who asked for them.

Yet who would have thought that Owly, with all the anxiety, would bravely utter, “I know he’s safe and will return soon… he knows it’s time for our midnight snack, HOOT!”

Kent could only smile and put his own faith in Naell, as how couldn’t he when Owly himself trusted the young mage and his abilities.

With that, the winged-beast man shouted in a manner everyone in the forest could hear, “Sharpen your senses, everyone, we will find Naell Beryldot!’

The others also shouted their affirmation in unison. Owly thanked them as he flew with a tear in each eye and could only think to himself, ‘Where are you, HOOT?’

And then, he finally detected his friend’s presence.

- Noob, HOOT! -

FWOOSH Owly went, with the breeze from his flight making the trees violently swing.

“...Is that how you call someone that’s been missing for hours?” Naell smugly said, wanting to throw a few more taunts at the young owl.

Yet when the fluffball of a bird came into view, trying to conceal his teary eyes mid-flight, he refrained from doing so, and with a smile simply said, “I’m back.”

One heartwarming reunion later (Owly pecking and scolding Naell), Kent and the others who were looking for him finally arrived.

Immediately they threw a flurry of questions at the young master, such as what had really happened, where the enemies were, and if this was the doing of the pieces of Lucille.

Luckily, he was able to calm them down. Truth be told, Naell, as much as he was thankful it wasn’t the doing of their enemies, had a bittersweet reaction.

For one, it was the second time he received a mission that at first would seem to revolve around the pieces, before taking a completely different turn. He could only recall the dungeon and the yetis with a wry smile.

Then again, it was all for the best as he never wanted to fight them anyway. He sincerely hoped that the protagonist party would end the foreboding war without him.

“Yeah, so relax this isn’t their doing, it’s an entirely different case.” Said Naell.

Collectively they all sighed in relief. Kent then saw Nael carefully holding what seemed to be a small peculiar nest.

Seeing his gaze, Naell smiled cheekily and said, “The fire is more or less solved now, but there are matters we need to discuss.”

Kent nodded and decided they should continue their talks in the village of the tribe of Pegasus. Therefore Naell explained to the knights of Taglagas that he would report his findings directly to the guild.

They could only accept and reply, “Then we'll be leaving now, Sire Naell.”

If it was an ordinary ranked adventurer, the knights would not be that polite, yet a rising adventurer of noble roots like Naell Berydot was known throughout the kingdom.

As they left, Kent and the others also took their leave with Naell being carried by another winged tribesman (much to his reluctance) making their travel fast. Not even a minute had passed when they arrived at the chieftain’s house.

Immediately, Tucker Freide greeted them warmly, especially Naell. When he heard of his disappearance, much like the others, he thought it was an ambush by the pieces of Lucille.

That is why upon Naell’s sighting, even he felt relief wash over him. Tucker then asked, “Where have you been, and what is that you are carrying?”

Owly was also curious, yet he knew there was a reason Naell didn’t say anything beforehand. Both he and Kent surmised that perhaps it was something that should be mentioned in private hence they remained patient.

Sure enough, Naell spoke after taking a seat and catching his breath. He then started talking about what had happened during his disappearance, beginning with the somewhat fiery being he had the honor of encountering.

15