Chapter-0 Prologue
802 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Planet-Crimson Star;Place:Sistine Continent,Relight City,Twilight Moon sect]

In the dark night,the bright moon was right above the head and disciples of the Twilight Moon sect who were in their dorms were totally silent. Voices could be heard from the Main Hall of the Twilight Moon sect.

A middle aged man with a stern look on his face asked solemnly, “Are the preparations for the Moon tournament over? ” An old man replied slightly bowing his head, “Reporting to sect master,this time our top ten disciples in the younger generation are all exceptional. Among them only 5 are allowed to represent our sect in the Moon tournament. ”

“So we want to discuss it with the sect master which method should we use to select those five disciples? Other than this all the preperations are over.”

Elder Zhou Feng asked, “Sect master,should we select the five disciples with the highest cultivation level among them?”  Sect master Lieyan Zhixin,said in a grave voice, “No this time we can't afford to be so casual when selecting our representatives. We have been in the fifth place for the last ten years. This year our representatives are more powerful than any of our previous years. We have a chance to finally break our record and enter the best three. What is your opinion on this great elder?"

Great Elder Zhuo Lie said unhurriedly , “It's just as you are saying sect master. This year we have young sect mistress Yan Murong and also young master Zhuo Shangchen. These two are undoubtedly the strongest of the young generation.”

“I think we should hold a Tournament among the best ten to select our representatives.”

At this time seventh elder Lieyan Lee said, “It's just as Great Elder said, even though difference between cultivation levels is a big factor when comparing one's strength. We should also take into consideration the martial skills and Heavenly techniques possessed by them. A little difference in cultivation realms can be closed by the techniques and skills of the practitioners.”

After this the hall became silent for a few moments, it seemed like the Sect master was thinking something. After pondering for a little time Sect master Lieyan Zhixin ordered giving a quiet sigh, “Then make preparations to hold a competition among them. Second elder and fourth elder you are in charge for the competition.…. go now and start preparing. We don't have much time so it must be done within seven days. Only one month is left till the Moon Tournament starts. And third elder also announce that the five selected candidates will be given Grass Moon Pellets.” After hearing the orders,they all said in unison, “Yes sect master, everything will be done as you wish.” Then second and fourth elder turned around and left the main hall.

Now as everything was taken care of, Sect master prepared to end this meeting and said,“As there is nothing more to discu… ” but at this moment he was abruptly cut off by fifth elder Zhou Hufeng, “Sect master there is another matter on which I need your advice .”

Lieyan Zhixin never liked talking in a roundabout way,so he said in a dissatisfied tone, “What is it? Just hurry up and speak!! ” Zhou Hufeng replied in a hurry, “Repoting to sect master, it's a matter concerning the Young Mistress Yan Murong. Since she has only one servant that trash Ling, so is he going to be the one who will accompany young mistress to the Moon Tournament? Or should I appoint another servant? ”

Before sect master was able to speak,Great Elder Zhou Lie shouted, “Impossible!! Heh...that trash Ling serving the young mistress in the moon tournament…. do you want to bring shame on our sect? He doesn't even have the requirements to enter the Moon Tournament as an audience….much less serve one of our best candidates. ”

At the same moment seventh Elder also said, “Hmph…. even the servants serving their masters in the tournament will be at least in the first level of Yellow Star cultivation realm…. and we will send him… A Useless sh*t as our Young Mistress's servant. No way!! Sect master, I request you to find a new servant for the young mistress. That brat is lucky enough that you haven't kicked him out of the sect like his mother!! ”

A complex emotion welled up inside Lieyan Zhixin's heart but he maintained a cool demeanour and said solemnly, “Hmph!! You don't have to get my opinion on this little matter… ask Yan Murong if she wants another servant to accompany her. If she agrees then find another servant for her. If she doesn't agree then you don't have to concern yourself any further.”

Just as he finished speaking 7th elder hurriedly said, “But sect master,if she doesn't agree that trash will accompany her. If that happens our sect's dignity will be damaged severly.” Saying this Lieyan Lee thought that Lieyan Zhixin will give an order to find a new servant for Yan Murong as the sect's pride is the most important thing for a sect master.

But contrary to his expectations Lieyan Zhixin said , “Are you questioning my discisions!! Yan Murong is a stubborn and willful girl. If she is dissatisfied by my forceful intervention to change her servant..she might get out of our control . Ling has served her for 8 years now... so it is obvious that he knows his master better than any other servant or practitioner. And so he will be able to carry out her orders almost perfectly. Suddenly if a new servant is given to her that servant may not be able do his works properly. So it might also affect her training and mental state. So just follow my orders… you don't have to think for yourself.” 

Seeing that he angered Lieyan Zhixin,cold sweats started forming on Leiyan Lee's forehead. He bowed his head ,“I…I will nev…never question sect master's order…..ple..please forgive my insolence for overstepping my boundaries.” 

After he said those words Lieyan Zhixin stood up from his seat and said unhurriedly, “With this the gathering has come to an end. The orders that are given must be completed within the given time. And as for the matter of the servant of Yan Murong, I hope that will be resolved tomorrow. After completing the given tasks report them to Grand Elder Zhou Lie. And if any news concerning the Moon Tournament is heard then you must report it to me at that very moment. That is all!! ’’ 

After this all the elders and grand elders left the hall. Only Lieyan Zhixin remained,after a brief moment of silence, he took out a gold pendant from his sleeves. He silently looked at the pendant with complex emotion surging up in his eyes. Then he put it away and gave a long sigh before leaving the hall.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

[Place: Twilight Moon Sect]

The Twilight Moon Sect is one of the top ten sects, fifth to be specific in the Sisitine Continent. It is spread over a vast area of twenty five thousand kilometers. It is divided into four parts:

Central region

Eastern province

Western province 

Southern province.

Although it is considered a big enough sect but still it is a relatively small sect compared to the other Top sects. Even the number of practitioners is lesser than the other nine sects. But the powers and talents of these disciples are strong enough to make it the fifth ranking sect of the continent.

Residences for the servants of the young masters and mistresses are located in Western province of the sect. But not every servant is fortunate enough to have a place to stay in the dorms.

Outside of the dorms in the vast field of the sect, a young man was lying on the roadside near the bushes.A set of tattered,dirty clothes covered his body and his hair was disheveled.When the blazing rays of the sun fell on his eyes, he slowly opened them.His eyes looked dead. Those eyes were so worn out and lifeless that it seemed like the person would commit suicide any moment now.

But although they were filled with hopelessness, there was also a firm determination which made it seem like this was the only thing that kept him alive till today.

The boy looked to be around 16 year old. His face was worn out but that didn't hide his good looks. He slowly stood up and looked at the Blazing sun in the distant East.

‘The Moon Tournament is close. This will be the first time young mistress will show her might in front of all the young practitioners of the continent.’

‘Our sect's reputation depends on her.As her servant I need to do my best to help her and not to disappoint her.’

‘Mother you always told me that the Moon Tournament is one of the biggest events of our country and I should aim to participate in it.’

‘Heh..as fate have it, I am just an ordinary human, I am probably not even qualified to enter the tournament as a servant of another participant. I disappointed you mother. But still if I can help my young mistress to lessen the burden on her delicate shoulders..... even if everyone mocks me or insults me..... As long as Young Mistress wants me, I will do my best to help her.’

‘Only if she orders me to leave her side before the Moon Tournament then……..’

‘I will leave her and will leave this sect as well.’

‘Well, A new day has started,meaning a new journey has started as well…’

After standing for a while, the young boy left in the direction of his Young Mistress's house which is located in the Central Region.

14