Chapter-35 Uninvited Trouble(4)
163 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place:Sistine Continent, Western Region of Burnwood forest]

All the inner disciples were walking in a large group trying to conceal their presence as much as they could so that they could give the enemy a huge surprise. Yuan Tianying and Kaminari Shun were leading the group and behind those two were  Sao, Meng, Caihyi and Ling.

All the disciples looked arrogant and pridefully confident as if they were going to bully some child. None of them were scared or troubled. It seemed like they were already sure that they would become victorious unscathed.

‘Although Prince Tianying did say before notto be overconfident…. judging by the atmosphere they probably didn't even hear a listened to a single word he spoke. ’ Ling thought while seeing the group's behavior as he looked engrossed in his own world.

Xia Caihyi looked at him from the corner of her eyes and said , “Why are you dozing off like that? Don't tell me you are still worried about this whole thing? ”.

Ling stayed silent for a brief moment and then said in a low voice so that only she could hear, “No matter what you say this is just too reckless! Even I have never been this much rash about something that concerns my life! ”.

But Xia Caihyi replied as if she couldn't understand his reason for saying, “Well everyone said the enemy is weak…so why act all cautious and stealthy? ”

Ling only gave a hopeless sigh and replied, “You know what…just forget it. ”

Xia Caihyi pouted as she felt Ling was mocking her intelligence. But she didn't say anything and turned her face to look forward.

After fifteen minutes the group came out of of the forest and saw a large old abandoned building. A disciple came beside Tianying and said, “This is the place. This building is surrounded with a defensive concealment barrier. The barrier is not that strong but it's concealment ability is exceptional. Although it looks like ruins from outside….in reality it almost like a small sect when you enter this barrier. Our disciples who sneaked in has said so. What should we do now? ”

Tianying turned around to look at the group and said, “All of us except Kaminari Shun, Uyu Han, Shaun Bred and Alise Glacia will attack and take care of the bandits who are at Yellow or Blue Star realm. As for the elders and the leader of the mercenary group, you four will have to deal with them! We will give them an opportunity to surrender at first but if they don't agree then don't show any mercy...kill all of them! ”

Everyone responded by nodding their heads. Then Tianying looked at Ling and Caihyi as he said, “And as for Shin Ling, you don't need to push yourself much! Sister Meng will stay with you and protect you in case you are in any danger. And junior sister Caihyi, you will also join the battle.”. 

When Tianying said that all the inner disciples except Shun and Caihyi went blank headed as all of them looked at Ling with envious eyes. After all Meng was not only a young princess but she was also an astounding beauty. Everyone reverred her as a goddess and now a ‘weak’ guy like Ling would get special protection from her.

The four inner disciples whom he told to deal with the elders were the strongest of their group. All of them including Shun were at fourth stage of Crimson Star realm. Although the rest of them except Shun were above thirty years of age. 

Then Tianying pointed a finger at the building and ordered heavily, “Attack! ”. As soon as he said that, fifteen disciples immediately acted and summoned their weapons as they struck them on the defensive barrier.

Boom! Boom!….

With several cacophonous explosions, the defensive barrier instantly shattered into pieces as their real hideout was revealed in front of everyone. It's just as they said, it was like a small sect which had a large iron door blocking its entrance. Two disciples shot out from the group and landed two heavy blows on the door. 

Thoong!

The door was blown open. Ten people who seemed like guarding the entrance were stunned by the sudden outburst as one of them shouted grimly, “Who dares… ? ”, But then their eyes fell on Tianying and others who leisurely strolled inside through the main entrance. 

Suddenly their eyes became pin sized as one of them blurted out, “Imperial… Army? ”.

“Kill them! ” Tianying said coldly and ten disciples rushed at them and struck them at their throats. All of them were sent flying with broken neck and severed throat as several bloody trails were left on the ground. No one was shocked by this outcome as it was inevitable. The people were only at Blue Star realm whereas the disciples were all at Crimson Star realm. The ten people's lifeless bodies fell heavily on the ground. Then Tianying and other again started to move forward. 

Hearing the commotion outside, many bandits came out of the halls and rooms. After coming to the center of the ground, Tianying and others stopped. The bandits who came outside all looked surprised before thier eyes started trembling in fear. 

At this moment a man whose Cultivation level was above the rest of the people who were currently present at the scene came outside from the main hall. 

“Which fools dare cause trouble here? You had better be prepared to die !” the man growled in a viscious dark voice. But then a bandit from his side whispered, “Chi..Chief Bugo they are from the Imperial Sect!”

When Bugo heard it, his eyes also widened slightly. At this moment Tianying coldly declared, “We don't have time to waste! Immediately call out your leader or we will annihilate your branch right at this moment! This will be the only chance we are giving you!”.

Bugo clenched his fists tightly in shock and anger as he quietly ordered the man standing beside him, “Go and call leader Ougo and the elders! Tch! It happened earlier than we had expected! ”.

The man didn't wait for anything and swiftly dashed inside. 

After twenty breaths ten people who had Crimson Star realm auras slowly walked outside. During this wait all the bandits had already come outside.

Ling was standing at the last of the group with Yuan Meng. He was slightly astonished as when he stretched his spiritual senses to look at the number and level of enemies, it was exactly same as the report had said. And the ten people who had come outside were all at Crimson Star realm stage two and their leader Ougo was at third stage. 

“Guess I was worried for nothing! ” Ling muttered to himself. But still he didn't let down his guard.

When Ougo looked at the Imperial sect disciples, a smile crossed his face as started saying mockingly, “Oh..if it isn't the gr…” but Tianying mercilessly cut him of and said grimly in a threatening tone, “I will give you only one chance! Either you submit or be burried with your so called hideout! ”.

The man looked scared at first but then suddenly he started chuckling quietly before it turned into a crazy laugh, “Hahahaha! No matter what you people call us…we also have our pride. Even if we all die at your hands…..we still will never bow down to your filthy royal family!! Go and kill them all! ”. Instantly all the bandits summoned their weapons as all of them rushed at the grouop.

“Heh! I gave you a choice but since you want it that way…so be it! ” Tianying said in a cold grim voice.

As soon as he said that, the inner disciples also jumped at them as the blood battle finally started. Each inner disciple fought with at least two enemies at once but still they were the one who were completely dominating them. Each time they struck a blow or waved their swords or used their Heavenly arts, at least two or three enemies would get blown away. It took them at most four to five moves to kill an enemy. 

Tianying then turned around and looked at Shun,“Brother Shun and you three! I will be counting on you! ”. They only nodded as the three of them  brought out their weapons. And then Shun summoned his weapon as the pressure emaneting from him suddenly increased several folds. 

It caused Ling to look at him and he became slightly stunned. Shun was holding a great sword which was almost ten feet long and four feet wide. 

“A platinum grade weapon! ” Ling muttered in a daze as it was his first time seeing a weapon of that high grade in person. Twilight Moon sect had several platinum grade weapons but most of the young disciples were unable to wield them as to wield a platinum grade weapon, one needed a strong soul and energy level.

Shun and the other three disciples didn't care about anyone else as their dashed at the leader and the elders of the mercenary group. To stop them, six elders shamelessly attacked the three disciples and three elders jumped at Shun together. Shun slashed his gigantic sword into a semicircular arc from right to left as the threes elders slashed their blades to meet the attack.

Clang!

A burst of energy immediately shot out as the three of them were blown away for several meters. On the other hand, Shun was only forced to take a few steps back. An excited smile appeared on his face as he rushed at them again. The other three disciples were also gaining advantage against the six elders steadily.

In a distance, Tianying looked at Ling and Meng as he said, “Sister Meng don't go much deeper into the battle field. Try to avoid strong opponents and take on bandits who are at Yellow Star realm! And junior brother Shin, you don't have to fight unless you need to do so to save yourself. Although brother Shun said to let you join the fight, I just can't agree with that. ”

Then he shifted his gaze to look at Sao and Caihyi who still hadn't joined the battle as Tianying had already said to their group beforehand that the orders for them would be different. He said, “Junior sister Caihyi and sister Sao go ahead and fight them! But don't go much further away from sister Meng and junior brother Ling! I want you two to keep an eye on them! ”.

Princess Sao replied gently and obediently, “I got it! Don't worry! ”. Xia Caihyi on the other hand made a difficult awkward smile as she looked at Ling who didn't seem to have any intention of telling them that he could easily fight with them if he wanted and only nodded her head.

“Let's go then! ” Tianying said solemnly as he rushed at the ongoing battle with a long golden sword in his hand. Then Sao also brought out two silver knuckles with sharp pointed spikes. Caihyi summoned her beautiful butterfly sword and Meng summoned two black colored chakrams with dark red edge. It was also radiating the might of a Platinum grade weapon which caused Ling to be dumbfounded. He could understand that Shun was able to use platinum grade weapons as he was at mid stage Crimson Star realm but how was Yuan Meng using that?

Then princess Sao and Caihyi also rushed at the battlefield. Meng was about to go to but she saw Ling who was standing empty handed and said softly as her voice sounded like a sweet child's voice, “This is a life-death battle! You better bring out your weapon now! ”.

“Oh! I don't use weapons! ” Ling said normally. Meng gave him a weird surprised look but then she said as she started sprinting as well, “Then let's go! Stay close to me alright! ”. Ling nodded and followed behind her.

Within ten minutes, the entire Field was dyed with fresh blood as miserable wails of despair, pain and sounds of combat  reverberated in one's ear continuously. None of the Inner disciples were severely injured, all of them only had light injuries where as almost seventy percent of the enemy forces were killed. 

Everyone was fighting with all they have got, only Ling was the one who looked like he came to sightseeing here. It's not like he didn't want to fight but rather, Meng and the other two girls didn't let anyone to touch him. Although Xia Caihyi sometimes glanced at him with complicated eyes as she thought, ‘Is he really just going to stand there and do nothing? But he seemed like a person who is dead serious about profound way and Cultivation...then isn't it a great opportunity to gain experience from battles? ’. 

Ling had already noticed that Xia Caihyi was giving him a weird look and he could understand what she wanted to say. But in reality, he knew very well that the level he had reached now.…these weaklings who he could literally one shot at any time wouldn't give him any new experience whatsoever. And he was someone who didn't like to waste energy for no reason so since Tianying told him to stay put, he followed his order thoroughly. 

But it wasn't like he wasn't doing nothing…from the beginning he was observing the battlefield and everyone's fighting style. At first he looked at Sao who was using knuckles to kill her enemies . She was also using Basic Imperial Martial Arts and Heavenly arts which caused Ling to be amazed. ‘Her style is aggressive and carefree! Yet it is unpredictable and effective….no wonder she is a young princess of the sect! ’ Ling thought. 

Then he looked at Caihyi who was using her beautiful butterfly sword to slice her enemies into pieces. Ling had already watched her fighting before but this was the first time he observed it carefully and Vanisha said at this time in a soft voicr, “She is like a light feather! It feels like she is dancing on the battleground like a butterfly! Even though I have seen many battles…I must say her fighting style is probably one of the prettiest and elegant styles I have ever seen. ”. Ling couldn't help but agree with her.

After that his gaze shifted at Meng who was fighting with three yellow star realms at a distance of twenty meters. One of the bandits shoved her spear to strike Meng's head but before it reached she spun around to her left side as she slashed the chakram in her right hand from right to left doing a spin motion.

Shiich~

Her chakram went through the bandit's body cleanly as her body was cut in two. But then she immediately threw the chakram on her left hand behind her although there was no one there and then she ducked to dodge the attack from the other bandit whom she didn't even see coming. Then she instantly moved her right chakram vertically upwards as it cut through the enemy's body. 

Swish!

His body was also nitly cut in two pieces. And then another enemy suddenly jumped at her from behind her but she only lifted her left hand and flicked her fingers as the chakram that was thrown away instantly changed its path and traced back its path like a spinning wheel in mid air as it swiftly went through the enemy's throat .

Shich~

With another sound of flesh and bones cutting, the enemy's head fell on the ground as the chakram returned to her hand. All the three enemies were dead within ten breaths and the everyone was killed instantly in the cleanest and most silent way possible. 

Ling was stunned and his mouth was slightly parted as he muttered, “How does she know beforehand about where the enemy will appear? Is there any kind Heavenly arts which let you see future or something? ”.

Vanisha looked also surprised as she said, “To think a lowly plane like this would actually have someone like her! She is not only an ‘Aura Observer’ but also she has a ‘Pure Divine Soul’. ”

It was the first time Ling heard of these terms so he asked, “What are those? ”

Vanisha gave a helpless sigh and said  ,“You don't even know this? Sigh...you really are an idiot! Aura observer is someone who can keenly observe any kind of energy and sense even the slightest bit of aura that is being circulated. That's why she already knew where the enemy was going to attack as she could sense the circulation of energy in their body which helped her to know what attack the enemy was going to use. As for Pure Divine Soul...that's something that is even rare in my place. Only one person in twenty thousand years could be born with this kind of constitution. Her soul is exceptionally strong and if it completely developes then her soul force will be one of the strongest in the entire universe. It explains why she is able to wield the Platinum grade chakrams. Just who is her parents? ”

Ling looked astonished as he remembered the name ‘Aura Observer’ for which Starlight Imperial sect was famous. Then he finally realized that she was the famous second princess of the sect. 

Then he wanted to look at Tianying but before he could do that suddenly he felt something odd. The leader of the mercenary's didn't join the battle. He was still at the same spot and there wasn't a hint of fear or panick on his face. Instead what caused Ling to frown deeply was that he had a dark cold smile on his face as if he was waiting for something.

Next chapter on 29/07/2020. Hopefully you enjoyed it. It's a long chapter so thanks for reading with patience.

8