Chapter-38 Abyssal State(2)
170 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Donglu ordered his men to kill Ling and their group, all of them took out their weapons and circulated Heavenly energy in the minimum time possible.

“They all are at third or fourth stage of Crimson Star realm. Even if we can fight now we are still at a disadvantage. ” Sao said as she examined their enemies energy with concernful eyes.

“You at right! All of you prepare…We need to give everything we have!  ” Tianying said like a leader. Everyone braced themselves and hel their weapon high again. 

But then Shun and Sao started walking forward as they came beside Ling and Shun said, “Everyone of you stay back! Junior brother Ling, sister Sao and I will take care of them! You and Caihyi…protect others if something happens again.”. Then he gave Ling a look to see if he was with him or not. Ling was completely focused on the enemies and only said, “Suit yourself! ”.

Although everyone looked worried but they knew that they would just get in their way so they didn't say anything. 

At this moment all the eight people rushed at them pointing their weapons. Two of them charged to attack Ling. Ling immediately reacted as he muttered ‘Basic Style:Shijian Quan ’ and instantly grabbed the first sword that was coming to pierce his abdomen with his right hand. The energy that covered was dancing around the sword immediately shrinked before it was completely dominated by Void energy . He wasn't even to budge Ling at all. Ling muttered, ‘Basice Style:Three point strikes’  and like a gatling gun, he struck the enemy at his viscera, throat with his index finger of right hand and then he pounced him at his chest with fist.

Phu!Phu!bang!  

“Urghhhh! ” A jet of blood came out of enemy's blood as he was sent skidding away on the ground for several meters. The other enemy didn't waste any time and swung her war hammer to smash Ling's head. But Ling didn't try to dodge it instead he immediately gathered Void energy on his left arm. The enemy's hammer was only a two inches away from Ling's face. Right in that instance, a long ice shard covered with cold frost energy swiftly went past Ling, missing his left side of face by only a few centimeters and pierced the attacker right at the left collarbone.

Shrat!

The ice shard completely went through the enemy's body causing her t drop her hammer in pain. Then Ling struck his left elbow at her abdomen and the concentrated energy shot out like a jet cannon.

Boom!

The enemy's abdomen along with her lower ribcage was completely caved in as several bones were shattered into pieces. After she fell on the ground, she didn't move anymore.

But the practitioners didn't give them any break as two enemies again jumped at Shun and one enemy targeted Ling.

Meng, Tianying and Caihyi were observing Ling's movements with sharp eyes.

“What kind of techniques are those? They aren't Heavenly arts right? ” Caihyi asked. She had seen Ling fighting before as well but back then she didn't really looked at the battle as she was left startled. But this was the first time she was keenly watching Ling's fighting style.

“Imperial Basic Martial Arts........but why is he using that? Is he a body Cultivator? ” Tianying said loudly but it looked like he was asking it to himself.

But Meng looked like she was lost in her own thoughts as she didn't seem to hear anything. She was sonly staring at Ling as if she had finally found the person she was looking for.

On the combat field Sao was being cornered and overpowered by three practitioners of three stage of Crimson Star realm. After all she wasn't as strong as Ling or Shun. When Shun looked at that he tried to help her but he was too busy himself fighting with two enemies who were at fourth stage of Crimson Star realm.

 Ling also noticed that. He was fighting an enemy who was at fourth Stage of Crimson Star Realm. He gritted his teeth as he dodged the enemy's attack and blasted the enemy away for several meters with his energy burst. 

Then he rushed at the enemies who were fighting with Shun and attacked both of them simultaneously. The sudden attack caused the enemies' to retreat back. Shun also looked surprised but then Ling said, “Go and help senior sister Sao! I can take care of these goons!”. 

He didn't rush over to help her because he thought that it would be hard for Shun to take care of three enemies who were at the same level as him. Shun was startled at first but then he gave a understanding smile and charged at the enemies to help Sao. 

“You arrogant brat! You think you can take all of us at once! Everyone let's attack together!!” one of the practitioners said and the three of them immediately released all of their energy at once causing three Heavenly formations to form around their weapons.

Ling frowned a little but then a cold grin surfaced on his face as he thought, ‘You just made my work easier! ’.

When they saw that he was smiling, they got even more enraged as all of them said, “Die brat! ”. Then the three of them rushed at him. When others saw it, Tianying was about to tell Ling to dodge the move but before he could say Meng who was usually silent shouted worriedly, “Avood it! ”. Although they knew Ling was strong but still the enemies were at the fourth stage of Crimson Star realm and not to mention they were using Heavenly arts this time.

Ling pretended that he didn't hear any of that, and red Void energy instantly engulfed his hand. 

“First stage:Null Airbreak” , Ling said under his breath and thrusted his right hand forward to meet the attacks.

BOOM!

As soon as the energies collided, the three Heavenly energies of the enemies were completely absorbed by the red Void energy as it grew more berserk before it shot out straight swirling round its center just like hurricane. The energy destroyed everything that came in its way as it dissapeared after traveling fifty meters, leaving behind a trail of distruction. The three enemies' bodies were completely smitherned into a mesh of flesh, blood and bone as they couldn't even be recognized as humans anymore.

Everyone….even the enemies and Donglu looked taken aback as their jaw almost hit the ground. Only Caihyi seemed to knit her eyebrows a little as she thought, ‘This move……did he hold back the last time he used it? The power seems to be a little stronger than before.’

“Woah! What was that? ” Shun who was fighting with two enemies alone couldn't help but wonder. Even the enemies seemed to be shocked as they all stopped attacking and were staring at Ling.

“Just how much strong is he? ” Tianying said but suddenly he saw Meng who was slowly walking forward. He got alarmed and grabbed her hand as he asked, “Where are you going? ”. But Meng said in a daze but her voice seemed to carry a hint of excitement, “He is….that person! This energy…. perfectly matches up…”. Tianying didn't seem to understand what she was saying at that moment and only replied, “Whatever the reason is..wait until the fight is over! I can't risk your safety! ”. But Meng stood didn't seem to hear him at all as a smile crossed her face and her eyes became shining with expectation and joy .

Caihyi also looked at this unexpected behavior of Meng. A sudden idea came up in her mind as she thought, ‘No!…It can't be! don't tell me she fell for him?’.

This sudden loss of their strongest practitioners caused the enemies' morals and Spirit to completely shatter along with their pride. Their mental barrier completely collapsed and they only stood at the battlefield like lifeless statues. Shun and Sao didn't let go of such chances as they instantly attacked their enemies. 

“Since he used one of his big guns…then I might as well use it too! ” Shun said. Then he lifted his great sword as a white Heavenly formation formed around its tip. Instantly the temperature of the atmosphere dropped as a bizzare silver energy started spinning around the sword. And within two breaths it's density and size almost tripled.

“Fourth stage  Frozen Dragon Arts: Frost Dragon Strike ” Shun shouted and swung his giant sword in a semi circular arc. Instantly bluish white dragon got out from his sword and flung towards the enemies. 

The enemies weren't prepared for a attack like this. They tried generating their a defensive barrier but it was all for naught.

Swooosh!

Crikcrikcrikcri! 

When the frost dragon collided with them, even their energis froze and in an instant all of them became ice statues before breaking into several pieces by the impact of the shockwave. Shun was breathing heavily after he used the attack. He had already used up most of his energy with this attack.

Ling who was also breathing erratically was left stunned when he saw this. “Seems like I underestimated him. ” Ling said quietly.

But suddenly Vanisha said mockingly, “ He is not as simple as he looks! Heh! If we talk about talent and luck….he far surpasses you. Even at my place, he would be considered a prodigy. If we talk about disciples, I would have loved to take him! ”

Ling was totally surprised. He was convinced that if Vanisha had said something like that then Shun must be someone very special. “What makes you say that? ” Ling asked curiously.

“I will tell you later when everything's done! ” Vanisha replied in a dull tone as she always used to do.

Right after this Sao also shouted out, “First stage of God Ares arts: Earth Splitter! ” and struck the enemy at the head. Green emerald colored Heavenly energy burst out from the her hands and blasted the enemy away with a huge explosion. The enemy was dead instantly.

At this time, Donglu who was trembling from head to toe as he felt the shadow of death approaching tried to run away when everyone was still recovering. This was every human's primitive instinct to run away whenever they felt fear. But Shun who was gasping air heavily instantly waved his left hand and a wall of ice immediately blocked the escape route. 

“Not so fast! ” Shun said. All the enemies were dead. The long battle was finally over. All of them started to walk towards Donglu. 

“Don't think you are going to get an easy death! We won't kill you here! You will be taken alive after we cripple your Cultivation. ” Tianying said.

Donglu whose eyes and face had already lost color and looked dead, didn't say anything. He was looking down at his feet. Shun was about to go forward and cripple but suddenly Donglu started laughing like a devil, “Hehehe! To think…I, Shuici Donglu, would be pushed around like this by some brats. Hehehe! What a joke! You said you won't give me an easy death right! You know whatm ..you are absolutely right…because I will be the one to drag you all to hell with me! ”. After Donglu finished saying it, he brought out a tailsman and vomited a mouthful of blood on it immediately. 

Shun got alarmed and rushed at him as he grabbed Donglu by his throat and lifted him high up. But Donglu didn't resist at all and said, “Hehehe! You are all done for! Look above….that formation was created to destroy our branch along with you Imperials if were to get completely annihilated! And there's no way to stop it any…..”.

Shun didn't listen to his crap any further and shoved his hand through his abdomen and poured his frost energy directly inside Donglu to seal of his powers and completely cripple him. Then he threw his useless body on the ground. Donglu was still laughing like a madman while looking at the sky. Shun spun around to look at everyone else. But others were looking high above with shock and terror filled eyes. Seeing that he also looked in the sky right above him and his eyes also stopped. 

A gigantic Heavenly formation which covered five hundred square meters of area was hovering in the sky. 

Ling was also looking at it with a deep frown on his face. But he still looked relatively calm when compared to others. The formation got clearer as energy started swirling around it. 

“Within twenty breaths…that will fall upon us…everyone gather all of your energy to create a barrier around us! That's the last resort we can take!  ” Tianying said. A hint of despair and hopelessness could be heard from his voice. If Everyone was at their peak, they could still probably came out of this attack formation with minor injuries. But at this moment, even coming back alive seemed like an extravagant hope.

When everyone agreed and started gathering their energies, only Ling didn't do anything. This caused others to look at him. They didn't have much time, only fifteen breaths was left. Then Ling strolled forward and said, “No need to put up pointless resistance! Stay back! ”. Others looked confused as Tianying was about to ask Ling if he had gotten mad or not. But Shun stopped him and only shook his head as he said to everyone, “It's just like he said…there's no meaning to put up pointless struggle. The formation above contains the might of someone at the first stage Calamity star realm and can destroy someone at the peak of Crimson Star realm…..since he is this much confident, he must have something up his sleeves. And from what I have seen, this guy can't be measured with common sense. Let's just trust him! ” Ling was looking at the formation with focused eyes. But everyone else's eyes were at him.

“Do you really think you can do it? ” Vanisha asked in a worried voice. 

“Last time, it didn't let me down. So I hope this time, it will save me as well. ” Ling replied. Vanisha still looked concerned. But then she let out a long breath and thought, ‘Well….if it doesn't work…I will just…’.

Only three breaths were remaining, the formation was shining with bright golden color which lit up the a large part of the area. Ling took a long breath and retreated all his energy. When everyone else saw that, their eyes abruptly widened and they became confused. 

Right after that, the sky seemed to tremor as thunderous voices bombarded everyone's ears and a concentrated energy beam which covered almost two hundred squaremeters of area descended on the ground from the Heavenly formation like lighting.

At this moment, Ling lifted both his arms up and he muttered, “Second Stage:Abyssal State”. Suddenly a everything became silent and calm. Everything seemed to have paused. Suddenly a spatial rift got created in front of Ling's hands and the enormous energy that was landing upon them swiftly started to get absorbed in the rift.

Swooooo~

All the veins in Ling's body popped up as blood started coming out of his mouth. His clothes and long black hair were fluttering in the air and his pupils became reddish black. Several crimson markings also appeared on his both arms which made him look like an ancient demon god. Everyone who was looking at this felt like their soul had left their body. Donglu who was laughing, now had a pale ghastly expression on his face as he thought that he must be in a nightmare. After three breaths, the entire destructive energy was sucked into that rife which was like a bottomless abyss. Everything became completely normal again. The markings on Ling's hands dissapeared and his irises again turned black. But everyone could still feel an unknown and oppressive pressure from him.

“Impossible..impossible…impossible ”, Donglu who was lying on the ground keep repeating himself. He had completely lost his mind.

“Just what…was that? ” Tianying asked.

“How can something……just devour energy? ” Shun and Sao both said in unison. Even Caihyi who though that she couldn't be more surprise was speechless. “What kind of Heavenly arts does he cultivate? This goes against the laws of nature…. How can energy just dissappear like that? I can't even feel a trace of Heavenly energy in this area anymore. Everything was completely sucked out.” Meng said. She was completely bewildered and her brain stopped working from the shock she received.

At this moment, Ling who was still silently standing suddenly fell on the ground with colorless eyes and stopped moving. Then blood started coming out of his eyes and mouth.

Next chapter on 04/08/2020. I hope you enjoyed this and make sure to tell me your thoughts in the comments. They give me motivation to continue writing.

6