Chapter-39 Offer
181 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Sistine Continent, Dalmora Nation, Earthwin Town]

“…..Big brother……where…are…you..” a cottony and dreamy voice came to one's ears.

“@#*#@…#” 

“@##$@$…”

“….Did…..you…forget…”  after several faint hazy voices which couldn't be understood, another quiet sound reverberated through air.

“#@##…..No! It can't be!…..Unforgivable….. UNFORGIVABLE! ” suddenly a blood curling hoarse scream pierced Ling's ear causing him to wake up from his slumber. When he opened his eyes, he felt pain all around his body at first but then a sudden warmth came inside from his heart before it swiftly channeled through his whole body as he heard an faint yet ancient voice, ‘..Not…yet..!’. Then the painful feeling went away in a flash. 

He was sleeping on a bed inside a small room. Right opposite to the bed there was window from where bright dazzling rays of light were pouring in. And beside the bed, Vanisha was sitting on a wooden chair. She was staring at his face with a worried look. When Ling woke up, her eyes brightened up.

When the sunlight entered Ling's eyes, it made him blind for a moment. But then his vision slot became clear and he saw Vanisha's beautiful face looking at him.

“Miss…Vanisha....” Ling said in a low voice.

Vanisha gave a sigh of relief and said gently in a soft voice, “You are finally awake! I was really worried….are you feeling well? ”. Ling remained silent for a few moments. When his senses finally became clear, he tried to sit up. Seeing that Vanisha said, “You should just lie down…. don't try to get up! Your body is weak right now. ”

“No...It's fine. For some reason.. I am feeling………even better than before. It's kind of hard to explain….but my head is feeling more clearer than before. Anyway where are we? Weren't we fighting with those guys?” Ling said without any hurry and sat up on his butt. There was a dense herbal stench coming out from his body.

Vanisha looked a little surprised and said, “ After you blocked  that destructive attack, you fainted dead away on the spot. When I checked your body, I sensed you had sustained severe internal injuries and were in need of emergency treatment. When the others of your sect also saw that, the girl named Caihyi brought you and their group to this Earthwin Town from where you and she had taken the tasks. After they brought you here, your injuries were treated immediately. I must say that Caihyi girl is quick witted. Only because of her fast judgement, you didn't sustain any long lasting damage. ”

“....I see. How many days was I out for?” Ling asked as he looked outside through the window.

“Two days.…are you really feeling well? The internal injuries that you got were really serious…how can you be healed this quickly?….stretch out your hand, let me check you. ” Vanisha said as she had doubts that Ling's body might not be functioning properly. 

“I am fine! I am telling you. You don't have to worry…. won't the curse on your body get worse if you use your Heavenly energy to check my body. ” Ling said with a difficult smile as he was shaking his hand indicating that she didn't have to do it. 

But Vanisha forcefully grabbed his hand as she said being annoyed, “Jeez…Just let me check alright? You don't have to worry about me getting hurt. ”. When she grabbed his hand, she circulated her Heavenly energy to check Ling. She felt pain coursing through her body when she was doing it but she endured it and maintained a calm composure.

When she withdrew her hands, even she was shocked beyond words. She said, “All of your internal injuries are….healed. But how is that possible?….Wait.…don't tell me you know some kind of Forbidden art that can heal injuries?”

When Ling listened to that, he was baffled himself and said “What are you talking about? If I knew such thing, I would have told you a long time ago.….even I don't know what happened. Oh! I forgot to ask you..what about them…where are they? Have they left? And…did you let them see you?  ”.

Vanisha said, “They are still here….they will probably come her any moment now to check you. And no, they don't know about me and also don't tell them! It's better if less people know about me. ”. Ling agreed without any hesitation.

“By the way.…was that the second stage of the Void Art? Why didn't you tell me that it was a Sacrificial technique that could devour another energy? ” Vanisha asked. She remembered that even she was left speechless when she saw the move. ‘If that move can erase energy itself….then the price for using it must have to be great. That explains why he suffered such injuries but then why did Ling want to use that? Why didn't he tell me about this beforehand?’ Vanisha thought.

But Ling again had an innocent look on his face. He touched his chin with his right hand as he tried to remember something and said, “No…the second stage wasn't suppose to be like that….to be honest even I don't know what happened either. I only remember the moment I used it, everything suddenly turned red before it became pitch black. ”.

Vanisha knitted her eyebrows tightly and finally after pondering for a while she said, “It's time about they come to check on you. Anyway just to avoid any troubles, don't use that anymore. You life is more important than anything else! ”. Ling hesitated at first as he was unscathed right now but when he saw the worried and grim look ok Vanisha's face, he only gave a sigh and said gently, “Okay…I won't use it. You don't have to worry! ”

“Hmph! I am not worrying for you but I am worried for myself. Don't get it wrong but if something happens to you…I don't know if I will be able to find someone again with Void Cultivation. So I need you alive for my sake! ” Vanisha said coldly before she turned into a purple beam of light and went inside the ring. Ling turned his face and stared at the window in front of him with a blank face and muttered to himself, “For your sake huh? ”.

A few moments later, Tianying and others entered the room. In front of them was an elderly man who had a bowl in his hand. When they saw Ling was sitting on the bed, Shun said with opened eyes, “You are awake? ”. Ling turned his face to look at them and said with a smile, “That's right! I assume this is a medical clinic…thank you all bringing me here”.

Everyone had a smile on their faces as they looked relieved. Meng came in front and was about to say something but the elderly man ruined the moment as he said hurriedly, “You…it's great that you are fine but why are sitting upright? Lie down immediately…your injuries are severe already..you need to take a good rest for the time being. ”

Although no one introduced the elderly man, Ling already understood that he was the doctor who treated him. He gave a difficult smile while looking at the doctor and said respectfully, “I thank you senior for saving me! Your medicines were truly miraculous and it has already completely healed me. I don't feel any weakness anymore. ”

The doctor looked dumbfounded and rushed over to his side to check his state. He didn't say anything and grabbed his right hand as he checked his pulse and internal state of the body. After two breaths when he let Ling's arm go, he stood at his side with a stunned look. 

“See I told you….you medicinal skills must be really great senior! ” Ling said with a flattering tone. The doctor who was unable to understand what was going on finally thought, ‘Probably…my medicines are really worth much more than I thought. ’. The a broad prideful smile crossed his face as he laughed, “Hahaha! To think the new batch of medicines will be this marvelous! Boy..you really are completely healed. You can leave this place if you want to but I suggest that you still take a little rest today! Call me if something happens! ”. Then the elderly man spun around with a delighted face and left the room. 

Others were still standing with somewhat shocked expression. But soon their senses came back as all of them had already known that Ling couldn't be measured by ordinary standards. ‘Probably it's because he knows some kind of Recovery arts! ’ this was the only thought that came to their mind.

“Junior brother Ling….it's really great to see you are completely fine. You were unconscious for straight two days and also sustained several internal injuries. If it wasn't for junior sister Caihyi, we probably wouldn't have able to do anything for the person who saved us! ” Tianying said and gave a light bow respect as he continued, “We thank you from the bottom of our heart. If it wasn't for you….we all would probably have been dead by now. ”

Ling was flustered. This was the first time anyone had given him such courtesy and respect. He didn't know how to reply. After a short moment, he said “You don't have to feel grateful or anything! We are from the same sect and if I hadn't stopped that attack, I also would have died. So I did nothing much to get such compliments. ” 

Tianying and others gave him a meaningful look as Sao said, “You really are too modest junior brother Ling! ”.

“Juni….okay it's really awkward to call you junior brother after seeing all that! You don't have to answer it if you don't want to but brother Ling, Why did you hide your power from everyone? With your capabilities, you can easily get inside the inner sect. ” Shun asked. This was one of the many questions all of them had in their mind. 

They thought Long would hesitate to answer it but he didn't show any bit of hesitation or dissatisfaction and said, “I never purposefully did so. I just don't like wasting my time and energy showing off to others. And also it's better to keep a low profile as long as it's possible, that way you can avoid the malicious gazes of many people and many troubles as well. ”

The answer was so simple yet interesting that it caused them laugh and admire Ling at the same time. 

“Brother Ling.....how about this..do you want to become an inner disciple? With talent like yours, it would be a waste if…. ” but before he could finish Sao cut him off as she said, “Before you ask that….brother Ling.…I am really curious about one thing….what kind of Heavenly arts do you use? I mean….at first you were using techniques which Body Cultivators do and then you used moves which only Heavenly Cultivators could use. But how is that possible? A person can only become any one of them right? ”

This question caused Ling to become panicked. After a moment of hesitation, he seem to come up with another lie as he said, “Well I am a Heavenly Cultivator but I have a bloodline ability which could utilize the Heavenly energy stored in my body to nurture my muscles, meridians and bones. So in a kind, I can actually become cultivate both body and energy. ”. 

Bloodline abilities were special techniques which could only be learnt or inherited by the clansmen who were from the same family. Bloodline abilities were extremely rare and it is said that the clans who served the gods with most faithful and loyal minds were bestowed with such abilities by the gods themselves. Bloddline abilities were extremely unique as well. One could say they were one of a kind.

Listening to Ling , they looked excited. “To think our sect will have someone special like you….your definitely shouldn't be wasted. Brother Ling, how about you join the inner sect? I tell the sect master abilities, he will definitely be willing to give a chance to prove yourself! And I am sure you will easily pass the test! ”

Next chap on 06/08/2020. I hope you liked it and tell me your thoughts in the comments.

7