Chapter 41- Disguised Truth
147 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Sistine Continent, Delmora Nation, Starlight Imperial Sect]

When Ling opened the door, he saw Meng was standing wearing the same outfit, she wore during the entire journey. ‘She didn't even go to change her clothes. Has something happened? ’ Ling thought. 

“Brother Ling I have some things I want to ask you…..will you spare some of your time? ” Meng asked in a gentle tone.

Ling thought something for a moment before saying, “Yeah sure! It just happens that I also have something to ask of you. Should we go somewhere else….or… ”

“There is no problem if we talk here but this place seems dull and boring. I know a great place where we can converse without any disturbance..come with me! And…you don't need to be wary. We haven't set any traps or anything. ” Meng said with a cheerful smile. 

“Alright! Lead the way. ” Ling replied indifferently.

Listening to that, she spun around and began walking towards the exit gate. During the past few days when they were travelling in a group to do the mission, she had already realized how cautious and calculating Ling was. So she didn't expect Ling to agree to her request this easily.

“What do you want to ask her? ” Vanisha asked. 

“This girl and that guy Shun was the one who invited me into the task. Think about it…why would they suddenly want me to join them when they didn't even know about my power back then? I am really curious about the reason. ” Ling said and started following her. 

Vanisha caressed her chin with her right hand as she thought something before nodding her head as an approval. She didn't notice it till now but Ling had point. Why would people like them suddenly permit a Yellow Star Realm practitioner to participate in the task? 

…………

After fifteen minutes, they came to a beautiful fountain which was established inside the inner sect. Then Meng stopped in her tracks and turned to look at Ling.

“This is a corner of the inner sect, not many disciples come here at this time and there will be no trouble even if they see us since brother Ling will soon be entering the main sect as well. ” Meng said.

Ling used his spiritual senses to check the surroundings and just as Meng said, he couldn't find a single person within two hundred meters.

“So do you want to ask first or should I start? ” Meng said with a cute face.

Ling was slightly astonished as he never thought Meng was this much talkative. Usually, she was the most reserved person of Tianying's group. 

“Then I will go first……. I only have this one question..” Ling paused for a moment before saying quietly in a cold voice, “Why did you and Shun invite me to your group? ”

Meng didn't say anything for a few moments. Then she said, “It's because I had an intuition that you are not as simple as you look. ”

“What do you mean? ” Ling asked.

“Sigh….before that tell me on thing…before entering our sect…did you fight with someone from the Wild Tiger Mercenary in the Riverwood forest? ” Meng asked.

Ling looked confused but he nodded, “Yeah! How do you know that? ”

“I don't know if you are aware of this but I am an Aura Observer. Basically, I can easily trace even the smallest amount of energy in the air and distinguish between two different energies. That day, we went to the place where you had fought the other man. That man was actually finding us as we killed some of their people but I think he mistakenly thought you were one of us. When we went back there, I found strange reddish energy which I have never seen or felt before so I took some of the energy which was still lingering after the battle to do research on it. 

You see, I don't like fighting and other stuff that much. Rather, I like to know about different kind of energies because it helps me to create different kind of talisman and array formations. When I found out about this new energy, I was really excited and really wanted to meet the person who used it. And then I first saw you during the selection exams of our sect.

At first, I had a suspicion but since you were at Yellow Star Realm, I thought that it was impossible. But then I again met you at the Burnwood forest and when I saw you killing that man we were chasing with one hit, my scepticism grew even more so I thought about inviting you to our group to see if you really were that person or not.”

Ling was stunned. He didn't really want to believe that just out of curiosity she persuaded to let him join the mission but he was unable to find a single bit of falseness in her words.

“Then why did you save me that time? If you just have let that bandit attack me, I would definitely have used my power to save myself. Don't tell me that you didn't consider that and only acted on instincts? ” Ling said calmly as the assertive coldness in his voice which he used to pressure Meng completely disappeared.

“No, I thought about letting that bandit attack you for a brief moment but then again it was all just a speculation of mine at that time and there was no way I could have risked a fellow disciple 's life only to test an assumption I made..….so I protected you. You don't have to be wary of me. I….no…we.. will never hurt someone from the same sect. Especially, now that you have saved us…..there is no way we will let anything harm you either. ” Meng said in a gentle cottony yet determined voice.

Ling still wasn't able to detect any pretence or reluctance. He only let out a sigh and said, “I see….I apologise for my rude behaviour just now.”

“Oh! No..no... it's fine. ” Ming mumbled in a flustered tone as she didn't expect Ling to suddenly apologise.

“Then what is it that you want to know? ” Ling asked. Although he had pretty much guessed what she was going to ask him.

Suddenly Meng's eyes brightened as stars could be seen in them. Then she said in an enthusiastic way, “Didn't I just tell you that I desire to know about different types of energy….will you please tell me about your art and why your energy is like this….how should I put it….well you know, why is it so pure that there is no element in it? Oh! And also…how are you able to utilize Basic Martial Arts to such extent ?”

Seeing the abrupt change in her personality, Ling was baffled. Then he recouped his conscience and said with a calm countenance, “That's because of my bloodline ability. I assume You know that the body cultivators don't possess strong veins. That's why they can't release Heavenly energy from their bodies as complex energy circulation can damage their veins. So instead of trying to release Heavenly energy, they use the stored up Heavenly energy to nurture their flesh, muscles, bones and meridians.”

Meng nodded with glittering eyes. One could easily tell that she was completely concentrating on Ling's every word in fear of missing even a single word.  “But in my case, the bloodline ability I possess allows me to use the Heavenly energy both outside and inside of my body. The sole restriction is that I can only learn some specific Heavenly arts which have no elemental attributes. Those techniques are passed down from generation to generation in our family. It is the reason my energy is different than others. ”

Listening to Ling, Meng's eyes became even more excited. ‘Techniques? What kind of techniques are those? Will brother Ling tell me about them in the future? Should I just ask him…no no no…this is more than enough for today. ’ Meng thought cheerfully like a lass.

“Ling…will you tell me one thing honestly….how many lies have you said till today? ” Vanisha asked Ling as she was actually shocked that he was able to come up with such a story in such a short time. He didn't  make up something completely abnormal, rather he mixed in some of the truths with his own made-up lies.

Ling didn't seem to care about her at the moment and said, “Well…if that was it then please excuse me, princess Meng. I will be heading back then! ”

“Ah wai…” Meng shouted but didn't finish what she was saying. Ling turned around to face her again.

“Nevermind.…and don't call me princess. Since I am calling you brother then you can call me sister as well. Anyway, you should go back, tomorrow brother Tianying will take you to the sect master so you better be prepared. ” Meng said. Ling only gave a nod before he started moving again.

———————

[Place: Unknown; Time: Midnight]

In a room filled with bright silver moonlight which came in through a beautiful golden frame window, a female figure with long silver hair was standing was sitting on a throne-like chair right beside it. Her eyes were long and sharp as long eyelashes beautifully fluttered in the air. One of her pretty light blue eyes was covered with the long curly hair strands and her long pointed ears could be seen through the gap of her long silver hair wisps. She was starting at a paper which she was holding. At this time, the door to her room opened and a man in black robes entered and immediately fell on his knees, “Lady Ameth, I have something important to report. ”

She turned her beautiful ice sculptor like face to look at the main and said coldly, “ You barged into my room without even knocking just for that….It better be something important or else you can forget about leaving this place alive today.  ”

Icy sweat formed on the man's forehead as he gulped down a throatful of drool.

“Reporting to Lady Ameth, the man who the Lord Guardian herself gave ten people to kill the disciples of the Imperial sect was found dead and all of the ten members of our association were also dead. And it is said the people who killed them were only disciples of the weakest of the five Imperial Sects , the Starlight Imperial sect ”

Her eyes slightly flickered and she asked, “Is that true? ”

“Yes, Lady Ameth. Lord Destructor has also confirmed it with his own eyes. ” 

The room remained silent for a while. Then the woman said, “If that's all then assign a few of our people to investigate the matter in private. Now get out of my sight! ”

The man didn't say anything and he immediately left the room in a hurry.

The woman then put the paper down on a table and looked outside. 

“Interesting! I hope I get a chance to show my worth to them! ” she said quietly.

Next chapter tomorrow. Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter. Make sure to tell me your thoughts in the comments.

8