Chapter-42 An Old Debt
167 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Sistine Continent, Delmora Nation, Starlight Imperial Sect]

Morning. Ling was cultivating at the usual place as he always did. There was no other disciple near him. After a few minutes, he finally stopped. 

“Why did you suddenly stop? ” Vanisha inquired curiously. She knew that Ling was not someone who would halt training without a reasonable purpose.

Ling gave a smirk and said quietly in a bitter voice, “There's only a little time left before Tianying will come for me to take me to the trial or whatever it is, but before that, I need to go return this sound transmission stone to its owner and give him my greetings. ”. 

As he said, he pulled out a sound transmission jade from the spatial ring which had bloodstains on it. It was the sound transmission stone that Bong Guhu had with him when he ambushed Ling in the Burnwood forest. 

Then Ling started walking in the Eastern direction where he knew that the ‘top’ outer disciples trained together.

…….

Ten minutes later he reached his destination and came to a stop right before a group of disciples who were watching a spar between disciples. 

The sparring pair was no other than the people Ling had come here for, Luo Chenwayne and Chi Lu. 

Ling pushed aside the other disciple and started approaching them. The moment other disciples saw him, all of them started whispering and murmuring in surprise like they had seen a ghost, 

“Hey, isn't that guy Shin Ling? Did he come back from his quest?”

“Didn't brother Luo Chenwayne said that the task he had chosen was really tough and even the recommended level was Blue Star Cultivation realm. Then how did he do the task? ”

“Man this Shameless bastard has come back again. Why didn't he just die? ”

“…..”

Ling didn't pay heed to any of that and continued walking. At this time, a disciple of Blue Star realm came in front of him and grabbed his shoulder tightly as he said coldly, “Where do you think you are going, you bastard? You do…Argh! ”.

Thump!

Before he could even finish Ling stretched his arm to grab his right shoulder. Then he instantly released a small portion of his energy and pressed him downwards with his hand causing him to fell on his knees before Ling. 

The amount of pressure and energy was so terrifying for the disciple that the blood inside his body immediately flowed in reverse and came out of his mouth. 

Ling retreated his hand and continued walking without saying anything. He had a completely blank face. The commotion caused all the other disciples including Chenwayne and Chi Lu to look at his direction. And when they saw a Blue Star realm disciple which was considered to be the top tier disciples of the outer sect was crushed like that, they became completely stupefied and speechless.

But the expression on Chi Lu and Chenwayne's mug was so ugly and terrible that if one were to see them now, they wouldn't even be able to recognise them. 

Ling came before them and stopped. 

“You…you bastard what…what do you think you are doing? ” Chi Li said stutteringly. Fear and shock could be heard evidently from her voice. 

Ling, however, didn't say anything and held out the sound transmission stone in front of them. When both of them looked at the bloody piece of stone, their faces became ghastly pale as it looked like all the blood in their faces was sucked clean.

Looking at their behaviour, Ling was also kind of stunned, ‘Looks like I overestimated them. Heh…in the end only a fool will get along with another fool.’ Ling thought. 

He had actually believed until now that the reason they sent Guhu and a few other hired monkey to kill him because they were cautious and aware of him. But only now he understood that he was mistaken by a huge margin. 

Ling said with a smile which didn't look like a smile as he narrowed his eyes slightly, “What…are you surprised to see that I am still alive?  ”

Both of them stood silent for a while. Then Chenwayne sucked in a deep breath and said while trying to sound intimidating, “You sure have some guts….I must admit it. I don't know what this thing is and I don't care. But don't think I will let you off the hook now that you have injured one of my fellow disciples without any reason.  ”. Then he hurriedly began walking in the direction of the elder's hall. 

“Oh! one of the greatest greenhorns of this year is actually going to report me, a disciple at the Yellow Star realm to the elders instead of beating sense into me huh? Now that's really weird if you ask me? It seems like you are all talk but no bark. ” Ling shouted out mockingly with the same cold loathing smile. 

Chenwayne stopped in his tracks. He was gritting his teeth ferociously as his face became completely red with boiling rage. 

“Oh…by the way, I really wanna challenge you to a duel right now, how about it? if you really have a spine then accept my challenge or don't tell me you are just a rubbish dog who just boasts on his father's money. Heh! If your family were to know this, your father will definitely regret giving birth to you. A noble upbringing huh…what a joke! Even dog shit is better than you!” Ling poured the last bucket of oil into the ravaging flames.

Even Vanisha was slightly astounded that Ling said such venomous words to someone else. Although she knew Ling better than anyone else and she also knew that he had a sharp tongue but even she had never seen him using such vicious and poisonous words which could easily provoke even a sage.

Chenwayne violently turned around and yelled in a hoarse voice, “You! I will kill you! ”. Then he rushed at Ling like a maniac without even regulating his energy properly.

Ling was waiting for this exact moment. He knew that sons and daughters of noble and distinguished families usually possessed outrageous pride and arrogance. After all, he had seen how the five young masters and mistresses of Twilight Moon Sect were feted. 

Most of the noble births didn't even know the feeling of being looked down upon or ridiculed by other people. That's why he tried to provoke him to lure him into fighting and it went exactly how he wanted it to be.

As Chenwayne came right in front of him, Ling didn't even bother to dodge his attack and simply punched him on his face. Chenwayne's left palm also hit Ling's natural defensive barrier but it wasn't able to budge it even a tiny bit. 

Bang!

When Ling's punch hit his face, Chenwayne felt like an iron ball was smashed into his face. He was sent skidding away on the ground for thirty meters and almost all of his teeth were broken. When he came to a halt on the ground, he fainted dead away from the vicious blow. Blood was gushing out from all of his orifices. 

Other disciples who watched the scene were all silent. A mixture of emotions was flooding their minds right now. They didn't want to believe that Ling was really at Yellow Star Realm because it was impossible for a Yellow Star Realm cultivator to completely crush two cultivators of Blue Star realm.

Ling had actually held back almost all of his power when he attacked Chenwayne. In the end, he didn't want to break the sect's rules by killing or crippling a fellow pupil. But he also didn't keep his power secret anymore because he knew that everyone would come to know that eventually as he was soon going to join the inner sect.

“Is...is he really at Yellow Star…realm?”

“How….is it even possible? ”

“….”

Behind Ling, Chi Lu was shaking crazily in terror like a wet kitten. Ling turned around and started moving towards her. When Ling came right before her, her knees gave in and she immediately kowtowed in front of him, “Plea…please forgive me!… It was all his fault…he was the one who wanted to kill you….I… I never meant to harm you. Please don't kill me! ”.

Ling's face remained completely unmoved and he said, “Sigh….. To think you are of noble upbringing too? At least he had that arrogance and pride in him….Kill you? I don't wanna get expelled or anything….and he isn't dead either. After all, I just did to friendly spars… right?”

Then he paused and threw the sound transmission stone on the ground and said, “Take this shit with you and never appear before my sight again. You two were really lucky that you didn't with him that day. I actually thought you would have prepared another surprise for me but it seems I overestimated shitheads like you. ”.

Saying that Ling spun around and started leaving. No one uttered a single word now. But then Ling again stopped and gave Chi Lu who was still crawling on the ground a side glance with eyes filled with a silent and cold murderous intent.

“Don't think that I don't dare to kill you! If it wasn't for the sect rules, you all would have been dead by now. I just came today to collect some of the old debt you owe me. But remember this, Try something funny again and I promise that I will make sure you won't be there to see the next day… no matter where you are!”. Ling said quietly in a frigid voice. 

After saying that Ling slowly walked out of the crowd which formed by all this commotion and continued moving on the way towards his dormitory.

..…………

After a while, Ling came near his dormitory and found Tianying, Caihyi and Meng were waiting for him. Ling came before them and greeted everyone. Then Tianying told him to follow them as they started moving in the northern direction to get to the inner sect gate.

“Brother Tianying…. If I may ask, is it like a group trial or something? ” Ling asked.

“No, only you will be the one giving the test. And the sect master will choose the test for you since it's a special admittance process.    ” Tianying said.

“Then why are you two coming?  ” Ling asked while looking at Meng and Caihyi.

“What is it? You got a problem with us tagging along? ” Caihyi said with an unhappy pout on her face.

“That's because we don't have many things to do right now. You are not annoyed, are you? ” Meng asked gently.

“No….why should I get annoyed? If you want to tag along then you are free to do so. I don't really care! ” Ling replied with his usual calm and dull look. 

Listening to him, both the girls looked disappointed and didn't say anything anymore.

After twenty minutes, they came before a huge majestic gate. Ling stared at it for a whole few breaths.

Ling didn't know much about the inner sect and sect master. And he never imagined that he would be able to get in there within three months after joining the sect. So even he was feeling kind of excited to see what it was like to enter the inner branch of an Imperial Sect. 

Next chapter tomorrow. Hopefully, you enjoyed reading it. Tell me your thoughts in the comments.

8