Chapter-43 Trial(1)
164 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Sistine Continent, Delmora Nation, Inner Disciple Palace of Starlight Imperial Sect]

After Ling entered the area of the inner sext, Tianying led him to the main sect hall where the Sect Master was supposed to be waiting. 

Ten minutes later, they stopped near a large majestic gate which had many visually stunning carving and designs on it. Tianying went forward and slowly pushed the gate. When the gate opened, Ling saw a long and wide hall which led to a single golden throne. There were beautiful patterns engraved on the walls and golden rays of light which came through the majestic windows filled the hall with a peaceful atmosphere.

Ling was astonished as he never had thought that there would be this much difference between the outer hall and inner hall. Then his gaze fell on the man who was sitting on the throne. The man looked young and he had short dark golden brown coloured hair. He had a slim but sturdy and bulky frame. He was wearing a red coloured imperial robe with golden patterns on it. 

Even though the man looked young, one could easily see the mark of experience on his face. At first glance, Ling understood that he was the sect master of this sect, Yuan Ryu.

Beside him, an old man with a long beard and bald head was standing keeping his hands behind his back. Ling didn't know who he was but he could discern that he was an elder from the man's appearance.

As soon as Tianying and Meng entered, both of them bowed firmly and said, “Greetings father and grand elder Ho Ruile. ”. Seeing them, Ling also bowed down.

“Come forward. ” Ho Ruile said in a calm tone which felt like a mild sea breeze.

The three of them strolled forward and stopped before the two men. Ling was quite shocked when he saw the sect master looked like a young lad but he knew very well that in the cultivation world, looks could be deceiving. 

Yuan Ryu was starting at Ling with a sharp gaze from the moment he entered the hall. Ling and others stopped and stood only a few feet away from him. 

Right at that moment, Yuan Ryu's body flashed and he appeared behind Ling and pressed his right hand lightly on his back. Ling was completely shocked but before he could even turn around, Yuan Rya again appeared right in front of him and started directly at Ling's eyes. Ling didn't know what was going on but he didn't utter a single word because by only looking at the man's eyes, he could feel an unpleasant pressure acting on him. 

Yuan Ryu brought his eyes closer to Ling' eyes. Ling was trying his best to hide the weird and awkward feeling he was having right now and to suppress the urge to hit the man at his face.

‘Too close! ’ Ling thought as he tried to take a few steps back but then suddenly Yuan Ryu gave a loud laugh and said, “Hahaha! You really are at Yellow Star Realm! I really can't believe it even now. You see, when Tianying's group said that the disciple who saved them from an attack that could have instantly annihilated a peak Crimson Star Realm was a Yellow Star Realm Cultivator, I couldn't believe it at all. I thought that you had used some high-grade relic to hide your true cultivation. But to think you really are in Yellow Star Realm…hahaha, it's really amusing. ”

Ling didn't know what he should say so he was about to bow to thank him for the praise but Yuan Ryu stopped him and said, “Boy, you don't have to stand on formalities…they are one of the things I hate most in this world. And you don't have to be humble as well! ”

Then he paused and looked at Ling with an excited smile as he started blabbering, “Say say….They also told me that you can actually cultivate both Body and Energy at the same time because of some kind of Bloodline ability. Is that true? Then can you tell me what else you can do? Oh yeah, I also heard that you can use some weird Heavenly arts……will you tell me about the? Man! just talking about them is getting me all fired up! ”

Ling was completely at a loss for words. ‘This person…..is the sect master….are you kidding me? ’ Ling thought and tried to look at others faces. But all of them had turned their heads around to hide the look on their faces.

“Cough….Sect Master, I believe you should act a little more restrained when you are in front of other disciples of the sect and we are here for Shin Ling's trial. Please don't waste any more time! You have an important guest arriving today so I think we should get it done as quick as possible! ” Ho Ruile said in a hopeless voice trying to hide his embarrassment. Even though it seemed like he was already used to this but still, he looked irritated.

Yuan Ryu rubbed the back of his head as he realised that he went overboard and said with a grin, “Hehehe! I am sorry Ruile…. I just couldn't help myself. I mean this boy has these many traits to him. If we only consider that he can cultivate both body and Heavenly energy at the same time, we can call him a freak. Not to mention he can actually deal with attack two entire realms greater than him. Oh, come on…don't be a bummer… I know even you are somewhat excited right? No matter how much they had taught you to be restrained in front of others  in the Imperial Army.”

“Sect Master, you already know that I don't believe anything unless I see it myself.…sigh…..anyway let's just start the trial. ” Huo Ruile said giving a long sigh.

‘Like father like doctor eh?! ’ Ling thought while he remembered how Meng had acted the previous night when she wanted to know about his powers.

Yuan Ryu slowly walked back to his seat and removed the outer imperial robe and gave it to Huo Ruile.

“It will be troublesome if this dress gets damaged, she was the one who gave me this. Protect it all right? ” Yuan Ryu said with a smile.

“ Wait are you thinking of testing him yourself? ” Huo Ruile said in astonishment. 

“Hehe! That's right…it's been a long time since I had some exercise you know! ” Yuan Ryu replied and turned to face Ling. Then he came forward and stood only three feet away from him. 

‘The relationship between the elder and the Sect Master seems deeper than it should be.’ Ling thought. The way they were interacting with each other, he could easily discern that they were close friends. 

“Boy, your trial is simple. Come at me with all you have got! If you can force me to take even one step back…you will pass. And don't worry I won't attack you in any way. ” Yuan Ryu said with a large grin on his face.

When they heard him, all of them went into a stupor.

Then Tianying said in a shocked tone, “Father forgive me for saying this but this is absurd. Even a Calamity Star realm practitioner won't be able to do that. ”

“Yeah…that's right. If you take a trial like this, there's no way brother Ling is gonna pass. ” Meng said concern fully.

“Hehe! If he wants to enter the inner sect then he will have to give it. It's my final decision. Now say boy, do you accept? ” Yuan Ryu said.

Ling immediately retained his calm state of mind and keenly examined Yuan Ryu. 

“Miss Vanisha, what is his Cultivation realm? I can't see any energy fluctuations coming from him. ” Ling asked.

“I am unable to fathom it as well! ” Vanisha replies casually.

“Eh, do you mean he is even stronger than you? ” Ling asked. He was completely stunned when Vanisha gave a reply like that.

“Heh! There's no way a mere man like him can be stronger than me but he is Body Cultivator. There is no way anyone can tell their cultivation level as they use all the heavenly energy to nurture and grow their body. ” Vanisha said.

‘A Body Cultivator? ’ Ling thought while looking at him. This was the first time he saw an actual body cultivator. 

“So what do you wanna do? I have other things to do as well you know.” Yuan Ryu said.

“I accept. ” Ling said and started releasing his Void energy without restraints.

“Hahaha! Now that's what a youth should be like! Ruile, create a Defensive barrier around the main hall and don't let anyone enter it. And you three, go and stand beside Ruile. ” Yuan Ryu said.

Ling was caught off guard as he said, “We are going to fight here? ”.

“Yeah….you don't have to worry about breaking stuff. Just come at me with everything you have! Let's begin! ” Ryu declared loudly.

Ling rapidly channelled his Void energy through his veins and rushed at Ryu who was standing leisurely. 

When Ling got in the attacking range, he lunged his right arm forward and struck Ryu's chest.

Thung!

A sound of iron hitting solid ground reverberated through the air.  But Ryu was completely unharmed and fixated in his place. On the other hand, Ling felt like he just hit an immovable mountain with his fist. He clenched his teeth tightly and smashed his other hand on Ryu's right ribcage.

Thump!

Another dull sound came out and Ling was completely stunned. There was no Heavenly energy protecting him nor did he guarded against Ling's attacks but both time, he remained proud and stall at his place like an enormous mountain. Ling didn't try to reserve any more strength and started bombarding him with attacks after attacks.

But none of then seemed to have any effect on Ryu. 

Bang! Thump! Thung!Thung!….

Even after being hit by Ling twenty time directly, Ryu was totally unblemished and unruffled. Instead, Ling was feeling pain in his knuckles from attacking Ryu's stone-like body continuously.

Ling pulled back his left arm as he was about to strike Ryu again but this time, Ryu also lifted his right hand and as Ling's first came near, he only stuck out his two fingers to meet the attack. 

Shoom!

Ling's fist hit Ryu's two fingers and came to a complete halt. Then Ryu flickered his finger to push Ling's hand away.

Thoosh!

Just by the force of mere two fingers, he pushed Ling several meters backwards. Although Ling wasn't harmed by the attack but he was gasping air heavily.

“What happened? I told you to come at me at your full power…. Are you underestimating me? You don't have to think much. Use anything you can….it doesn't matter. In a real battle, seniority can't do any shit! ” Ryu said.

Ling looked surprised. He didn't expect Ryu to notice that during the entire barrage of attacks,  Ling didn't use his legs at all. 

Ling didn't say anything and only nodded with a smile. Although he already felt the gigantic gap between him and sect master Ryu, he was truly amazed to see that despite being that much strong, their sect master didn't have a hint of arrogance. Instead, he was encouraging and guiding Ling even during the trial.

Ling circulated the Void energy through his entire body and charged at Ryu who was standing tall with his hands pressing against his waists. 

As soon as he got near him, he muttered ‘Basic Style: Shijian Quan’. Accordingly, he gathered Void energy on both his legs. Then he jumped up using his left foot and spun his right leg to in a ring to strike Ryu's head.

Bang! 

But this time, Ryu also lifted his right hand and stuck out one of his fingers to block the attack. But Ling didn't stop. He muttered, ‘Basic Style: Yin Yang Revolver’ as he turned his body completely upside down in mid-air and fell on the ground balancing on his two hands. Then he spun three times pivoting on his hands as his two legs consecutively hit Ryu's upper body and face six times. 

Bang! Thump! Thump!….

All the attacks hit Ryu perfectly but he still seemed unfazed and unaffected. But Ling didn't care about that and he pushed his body upwards by his hands and again spun his body to do a reverse kick to strike Ryu's head again. But this time before he could hit Ryu, Ryu grabbed his leg with his arms and ‘lightly’ threw him forward.

Shoosh!

Ling was rolled on the ground for several meters before he regained his body's balance and pushed himself up with his hand and stood up again. He was breathing heavily. His entire body was drenched in sweat. 

“What is it? Was that all you have got? Well, honestly your strength is really comparable to Crimson Star realm cultivators but still, if it is the full extent of your power then I don't think you will be able to pass this trial. If you have anything else left, just use it. ”

 

Next chapter will be released within two days. Hopefully, you enjoyed it and tell me your thoughts in the comments.

6