Chapter-44 Trial(2)
507 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hu..hu..hu” Ling was gasping heavily. He just used one of his strongest Basic Martial Skills but it was still unable to hurt Ryu at all. 

“It appears that I won't be joining the inner sect anymore. That man is way out of my league right now. ” Ling griped under his breath. This was his first time fighting a Body cultivator. Although he had heard that Body Cultivators were the proprietors of absolute raw and pure strength, he never reckoned that human physique can actually become that formidable.

“You are giving up then? ” Vanisha asked passively.

“I will just stake it all in the next move. If that doesn't work, then what else can I do except accepting defeat? ” Ling replied while looking at Ryu.

Then Ling took a long breath and regulated his breathing and posture. Accordingly, he started channeling his Void energy. Within a breath, red coloured Void Energy started congregating on his both hands. The red energy grew frenzied and thick as three more breaths passed. 

Ling didn't rush the technique this time. He completely took his time to consolidate all the energy in his body in one place.

Ryu and Ruile were astonished when they sense the pressure coming from the attack. Then in the next moment, the astonishment on Ryu's face got replaced with a huge grin,

“Seems like I hit the mark,” Ryu muttered quietly.

“It's that technique. With that, maybe he will barely pull it off!  ” Caihyi said who was standing behind Ruile with Tianying and Meng.

“Sigh.… I don't think so. If father uses all of his strength then…. ” Tianying said with a disheartened look.

But Meng suddenly blurted out with a stunned face, “No….it's more powerful than that.…. it's almost twice as powerful than before. ” 

Both of them were completely baffled, “Even stronger than before? You mean he still held back last time! ” Caihyi said hastily.

Meng didn't say anything and only nodded her head.

The Red Void energy on Ling's hands was concentrated to such a high point that it looked crimson blood was storming around his hands. Then Ling pressed his legs tightly on the ground before bursting forward like a meteor. 

Within a second his body appeared right in front of Ryu and then he slammed his right fist towards Ryu as he screamed “First Stage: Null Airbreak”.

At first, Ryu was about to use only two of his finger to meet the attack but when the attack was finally about to hit him, he realised that he was mistaken and immediately switched to a grip stance as he used his whole right hand.

BOOM!

Rumble!

With an ear-deafening explosion, the aggressive Void Energy stormed forward annihilating anything on the path along with the ground itself on which it travelled before it hit Ruile's barrier. 

The typhoon of energy bombarded itself on Ruile's for four breaths before it slowly disappeared.

The entire hall was covered with a thick dust cloud. As time passed, the dust cloud slowly disappeared and two figures were revealed in front of everyone.

Ling slowly fell down on his knees as he started panting heavily. He was completely drained out of energy. 

On the other hand, Ryu still maintained the same posture as his hand was still stretched out. 

“That..can't be? ” Meng said with wide eyes when she saw Ryu didn't appear to move at all.

“Sigh…it's over. I really don't know why father took such a trial ” Tianying said with a disappointed expression.

“Why do you youngsters always come to conclusion without examining the scenario completely? Shin Ling, You have passed the trial. From now on, you are an inner sect disciple. Prince Tianying and princess Meng will show you tell you about the rules and all the necessary information. ” Ruile said solemnly like an elder.

Hearing that the three of them again looked at the two figures. Although Ryu maintained the same posture, he was actually pushed behind by a few inches from his spot. 

“Hahaha! Boy, you really are something else. To think you can actually release such a monstrous power at such a young age. It seems your master has created a monster. ” Ryu said while looking at Ling who was still gasping air.

“Pant…pant….I don't…pant….desrve such praise Sect Master. ” Ling said modestly.

“You don't need to act humble. Believe me… I know better than anyone how bad it feels when Independent Martial Artists have no choice but to join some sort of sector organisation. Anyway, you have a promising future ahead of you boy, keep up the hard work! ” Ryu said with a broad smile and thereafter he turned around.

“You three may go now! ” Ryu declared.

Then he put on the robes again and said while turning around to leave, “Ruile, I just remembered that I had an important meeting to attend today. It's an Imperial Sect meeting, so please take care of the sect. You are in charge now!  ”.

Then his body flashed and he appeared right in front of the hall door. 

“Wait what do you mean meeting? Today, there are too important guests coming all right? ” Ruile shouted out.

“Hahaha! Just take care of it, will you? As I said, it's really ‘important’ .” Ryu said the last word in a completely different tone from his usual voice.  Then he opened the gate and crouched down a bit as he pressed the ground firmly to jump in the air.

Rumble!

The ground shook when he jumped in the air like a cannonball leaving behind two deep foot grooves on the ground.

‘He… jumped? ’ Ling thought while looking in that direction with a dumbfounded look. Then he slowly stood up to his feet. He still didn't have much energy but he recovered enough to move on his own again.

“He is a Body Cultivator. They can't use Heavenly energy to fly like us, but with their inhuman strength they can jump really high.” Vanisha explained. 

‘So that's why! Wait how did she know I was thinking this? ’ Ling thought but didn't ask Vanisha as it wasn't the first that this thing happened.

“I see! ” Ruile muttered to himself in a daze before he said, “Cough….you four should go now. I have other things to attend to. Take Shin Ling to eighty-ninth room of the dormitory. ”

Hearing that, they all gave a respectable now before they took Ling along with them and left the hall. 

“Important huh? It seems he found someone new…” Ruile said to himself as he touched his chin with his left hand. 

He was in deep thought before he suddenly came to a realisation and his eyes slightly widened, “Don't tell me….It is this boy, Shin Ling.…. Good! Very good! Even Our creator… our Lord… is keeping an on us from the other side of the shore! Hahaha!”

……………….

After Ling and others got out of the main hall, Tianying led him to his staying place and gave him the keys. 

When Ling first entered the dormitory, he was completely baffled as only a single room was enough to cover up to five whole rooms of the outer dormitory. It had a big comfortable bed in it and there were many other things to fulfil daily necessities along with some herbs and premade medicines.

“Brother Ling, this where you will be living from today. If you have any stuff in your old dormitory then tell me, I will tell the servants to bring them here. ” Tianying said politely.

But Ling said blandly, “Oh... Thank you for the offer but you don't have trouble yourself. I basically have nothing. All the books I read and use….. I carry them around with me.”

“I see! ” Tianying replied with a difficult smile.

“Pfft…We would probably have been surprised if you had said that you had things other than your cultivation books and techniques. ” Caihyi said mockingly. Listening to that, both Tianying and Meng couldn't help but laugh as well.

But Ling didn't seem to have any emotions as he was standing still with an indifferent face, with half-closed eyes ‘Is that suppose to be funny? ’.

Then Tianying said, “Well about the rules, it's pretty much same like the outside sect rules. But there is a thing I must tell you before we go… Although it's not related to the rules or anything…… still I need you to hear this…. So will you spare some time? And sister Caihyi, since you are also here then please hear it out as well.” 

Ling and Caihyi looked confused as their glanced at their faces. Then Ling said, “Sure… Let's go in then. ”.

They nodded and went inside the room. After they sat down, Ling asked, “ So what is it? ”

“Brother Ling, I am sure that after you saw our sect master today, you have thought that he is an irresponsible man who is unworthy to rule over a sect. ”

Tianying paused for a moment to see Ling's reaction. But Ling didn't say anything but only nodded once with difficulty as he thought, ‘Irresponsible? Even this word can't describe that man perfectly.’

“And to be honest, you are exactly right! Our father is unworthy to be the sect master of an Imperial sect and that's also why he will be leaving his position before the Sun Blaze Tournament. ” Tianying said slowly.

This time Ling's looked vague as he asked, “What do you mean?”.

This time Meng started saying, “It's just as you heard. Although not many disciples know about this but since you are with us, you should know about this. You see, Sect Master was actually an independent Martial Artist just like you. He always willed freedom and never like any restrictions that's why he also never joined any sect. ”

“Eh…wait…then how did he become the sect master?” Caihyi asked as she was getting more and more confused.

“That's because of our mother. Listen what we are about to tell you is something only a few others know. ”

Ling's face suddenly grew serious as he said, “Then why are you telling this to us? ”

“That's because you are in our group and most importantly you are our friends. Brother Shun already knows of this. And I don't think we should keep you two in dark as well….in the end this is something that might end up affect you two as well.”

Ling was slightly stunned as a foreign emotion surged up in his completely dull mind when he heard such a simple reply. 

‘Friend’ was a completely unfamiliar concept for Ling who never had anything but suffering and humiliation. As for his young mistress who was the only person that seemed to care for him, he knew that there relationship would never grow to a point where he could call her a friend.

So when someone addresses him as a friend, he didn't really know how to feel about that. He stayed silent for a moment and then only replied, “I see!”

Hey guys thank you for showing your support and reading the chapters. I know my chapter updates are getting irregular and delayed but it's because I have an examination coming up. So till 3rd Spetember, I probably won't be posting much. I hope you understand.

8